1 minute ago, BlackFox260z said:

Any idea what could be causing this?

You've got other plugins/mods loading after "FurryFalloutNPCs.esp" and undoing its changes. Make sure it loads last in your load order, with only the FF DLC plugin after it at most.

On 9/3/2021 at 6:21 PM, Milton454 said:

Hi! im having troubles with the instalation of this mod, im currently using Nexus Mod Manager (Vortex) to ensure main game files stay the same when installing mods. the Fallout version im using is 1.9.4. (had to tweak Fallout script extender to use it, but i didn't get any trouble with any of the other mods i have), i tried installing the furry mod in the order it was supposed to, but the game keeps crashing on startup or when starting a new game. i also tried a fresh install but its the same. This also happens with the Vulpine-Lupine race pack mod from nexus.

Can anyone please help me?
Thank you in advance!!

1. Use Mod Organizer

2. Then ask for help

Seriously. 

Either your load order is wrong or you're missing mods and MO will tell you which.

I decided to actually play the game for a bit last night and ran into some supermutants and I'm like, damn they look cool and then I'm like whut and I go to look more closely and it's my own freaking new supermutant mesh (from ValeHyena) running around in game. I'd forgotten I got it rigged up and had exported it to see what it did. So it looks like shit (because it's not done) but it's still pretty cool. So now I have to finish it. 

7 hours ago, Bad Dog said:

1. Use Mod Organizer

2. Then ask for help

Seriously. 

Either your load order is wrong or you're missing mods and MO will tell you which.

Man, i can't thank you enough, the mod now works beautifully, love all the models!!! had to install the latest fallout version and reinstall all my mods but it was worth it!!
Thank you for the aid, have a nice life!!!

3 hours ago, BlackFox260z said:

on vortex.

...yeah, that's gotta be the issue here. I don't provide support for Vortex because its absolutely retarded load order "management" means one can never be sure plugins and mod files actually load in the order they're supposed to.

I'm afraid you'll want to nuke your current game + Vortex install and start from scratch with Mod Organizer 2 (GamerPoets on YouTube has good tutorials on both clean game install and using MO2).

Otherwise, you're on your own. Good luck.

8 hours ago, Blaze69 said:

I'm afraid you'll want to nuke your current game + Vortex install and start from scratch with Mod Organizer 2

Ah, well that's disappointing to hear. I've never had an issue with Vortex when trying to use it for New Vegas or Skyrim. Seems like Fallout 4 is the only one not wanting to play ball. But hey, thanks for the help man!

Vortex is one of those things that tries to make life simpler by taking away a bunch of choices and hiding a bunch of complexity. That's all very will if it can really be done, and for simple mods that don't conflict with each other maybe it can. But once you get into multiple texture, armor, and NPC appearance and behavior mods, it just breaks. And because they're taking away choices and hiding complexity you can't fix it. 

4 hours ago, Zawshank said:

I've come up with an issue with body limbs not blowing off. I think its a problem on my end though.

That's normal. The dismemberment system is shit so it won't work on meshes above a certain polycount. Most body replacers and outfits go way above the limit so nobody cares about dismemberment, at least for female bodies. Male ones should actually still work, but I never actually checked.

10 hours ago, Blaze69 said:

That's normal. The dismemberment system is shit so it won't work on meshes above a certain polycount. Most body replacers and outfits go way above the limit so nobody cares about dismemberment, at least for female bodies. Male ones should actually still work, but I never actually checked.

If you replaced the meshes without redoing segmentation data or anything else, It won't work. 

Also do what you will with it, but we sometimes still get the idiots who complain about FG not having dismemberment, even though it's pretty much an afterthought in every other case, and no outfits outside of vanilla/vanilla mashup would support it, but you know double standards and all. 

Edited by TheBottomhoodofSteel
4 hours ago, Bad Dog said:

I did a fair amount of work to export the dismemberment segments, and the FFO bodies all have them set up. Is there any way to test dismemberment? Other than stripping an NPC nude and blowing them up?

AFAIK, There's something OS does not do, that I'm not sure if Pynifly does. You need to make sure that the CUT OFFSETS are copied over from a dismemberable mesh (Which I had to do manually in Nifskope, one by one). Secondly if you did not match the original BT Body in terms of naming it, you will have to regenerate the SSF File with your model's new name (This will have to be done with clothing and custom outfits if you want dismember to apply), Which is done in Creation Kit (Since it's a single mesh, you could crack open the BaseMaleBody.SSF file in Notepad and just fix the name from BaseMaleBody:0 to the name of your new body base, I kept it BaseMaleBody:0 just cause it makes working with Vanilla easier.). 
image.png.681957407bcc33633d39ce859d4168bd.png

Unfortunately there is 0 way to test dismember other than basically ... blowing a raider or smth up. 

Jeebers. Do you know what those cut offset numbers are? I'd generate them dynamically if I could. If I have to, I can put them in a lookup table.

I handle the SSF by pointing to an existing file, but someone sent me the file format and I'm thinking I can generate it from the body on export. I'll prolly do that at some point.

On 9/9/2021 at 3:52 PM, Bad Dog said:

Jeebers. Do you know what those cut offset numbers are? I'd generate them dynamically if I could. If I have to, I can put them in a lookup table.

I handle the SSF by pointing to an existing file, but someone sent me the file format and I'm thinking I can generate it from the body on export. I'll prolly do that at some point.

Off the top of my head, no. and it's a crap ton to list out, so. 

The sheer scope of what you are doing here is staggering. I have reservations about trying to fight my way through the crashes and sparse error reporting that FO4 has (and that one time I was testing mods and my 3900 overvolted and fried my entire computer), but this just has to be something I experience firsthand. And apparently "Modloader 2" might be a solution, I hear, you know, at least partially.  Since the species morphing seems to be mostly procedural, I wonder, is there's a way to jam humanity back in somewhere in the settings?

I'm glad to read that this does not interact destructively with other racemods, over the course of the years Selachii Cait has become somewhat of a "the only reason I haven't burned down all of Boston already."

The fact that you are looking into dismemberment where almost everyone else just passed it over is a testament to your prowess and dedication, and I cannot wait to see where this mod goes, and perhaps, leads the other mods here to follow.

11 hours ago, HmnTVI4 said:

Since the species morphing seems to be mostly procedural, I wonder, is there's a way to jam humanity back in somewhere in the settings?

This mod actually does not alter human assets in any way, and in fact it doesn't really do anything on its own if you only install the base race master without the player plugins or the NPC replacer ones.

NPCs from any mod not actually patched for this will remain human flawlessly, and so will the vanilla NPCs if you don't actually install the NPC replacer. If you're asking if it's possible to "furrify" certain mods' NPCs without actually doing so to all of them, it's doable; you simply only run the script on the NPC records you want to change, and leave the others untouched (and thus human).

15 hours ago, Blaze69 said:

you simply only run the script on the NPC records you want to change, and leave the others untouched (and thus human).

Right, right, but I want to partially touch the records, which I assume is done by simply running the corresponding ESP. I'd like to see humans mixed in with the raiders and settlers, the latest real modding experience I have was for Warcraft III in it's heyday, much simpler than the stuff you sorcerers do. Whenever I try to modify something myself, it usually doesn't go well.

I did manage to... alter... the CaH Ponies mod to do something similar, and them spawn only as raiders and settlers alongside their human counterparts, but I'm certain my code-butchery is what caused the constant crashing I experienced.

I'm less certain it caused my old core to go berserk, but I wouldn't rule it out.

Paused the FFO work to clean up the exporter and take a pass through the other mods. Been working on the supermutants in parallel, I have a pretty cool model from Valehyena that's weighted and has a UV map. Still a bunch of work to go--needs a mouth and a good set of textures. Also supermutants are whacko so I expect some trouble getting them in game.

The other big thing is to decide how to furrify the ghouls, see the discussion upthread about that. Kinda sorta leaning towards the snekdogs but nothing final until the mutants are sorted and I have a chance to play with some options. 

Also found this. Furries are everywhere.

Spoiler

Deer Ad.jpg

Hey guys having trouble getting Violate to play nicely with any of these races. found a couple of old posts but no solutions so i thought id take a look at the vulpine+aaf patch and see if i could figure it out but.......

<race id="Human" form="13746"/>
<race id="Vulpine" source="VulpineRace.esm" form="01000F99"/>

and this from the 2nd file

defaults source="VulpineRace.esm" loadPriority="-1"/>

<!-- Keyword(s) to use for actor scan. -->

<!-- Vulpine -->
<group id="Vulpine">
<actorType form="2CB72" id="ActorTypeHuman"/>
</group>

Any advice on how to proceed? trying to make it work for Lykaios first

1 hour ago, J4ck4l13 said:

Hey guys having trouble getting Violate to play nicely with any of these races. found a couple of old posts but no solutions so i thought id take a look at the vulpine+aaf patch and see if i could figure it out but.......

<race id="Human" form="13746"/>
<race id="Vulpine" source="VulpineRace.esm" form="01000F99"/>

and this from the 2nd file

defaults source="VulpineRace.esm" loadPriority="-1"/>

<!-- Keyword(s) to use for actor scan. -->

<!-- Vulpine -->
<group id="Vulpine">
<actorType form="2CB72" id="ActorTypeHuman"/>
</group>

Any advice on how to proceed? trying to make it work for Lykaios first

AAF Violate 1.54 already has support for FFO races.

What's New in Version 1.54

Released July 23

• Really fixed the issue where aggressors who were sleeping or sitting when the player surrendered sometimes remained stuck in their furniture pose
  • Added support for Furry Fallout races
  • Updated MCM and scripts to allow animation duration of up to 600 seconds
  • Added support for the Nuka World Ghoulrilla to the DLC Patch.  The DLC Patch now requires Nuka World.
  • The robbery quest will no longer strip items that are not clothes or armor from the Body slot.  This will allow the player to keep items like shoes on during the violation, assuming they are excluded from stripping by AAF.

As always, it is safe to update this in a running game.  No need to make a "clean save" or use a savegame cleaner.