On 5/9/2021 at 9:27 PM, ihatemykite said:

You can create new mod, i don't realy mind (like making file with description like this mod, you can writte there more about issues with translation etc.). I will try the thing with separate translation sometime in week and send you pm.

Why? As with "Devious Devices Escape Overhaul", you can upload the mod along with the original, so as not to take away your audience ?. Also, I will try to translate the modification in a timely manner and write in private messages or post it here.

16 minutes ago, ihatemykite said:

You can create new mod, i don't realy mind (like making file with description like this mod, you can writte there more about issues with translation etc.). I will try the thing with separate translation sometime in week and send you pm.

Offtopic for @ck2modfan , I may make patch forMilk mod economy, but first i will complete patch for main DD mod.  

No rush... thanks for considering.

9 minutes ago, S.MayLeR said:

Why? As with "Devious Devices Escape Overhaul", you can upload the mod along with the original, so as not to take away your audience ?. Also, I will try to translate the modification in a timely manner and unsubscribe in private messages or post it here.

Ok i will put it in download section and give you credit.

I was trying out the mod and ran into some outcomes I did not like, which meant I didn't dare use the mod in a playthrough. I have devious devices and include the devious devices patch when using the mod. So I start a new game, add some random restraints with console commands, equip them and then try to struggle out of them. Multiple times in this setting - brand new game, only one restraint tested at the time, nothing else equipped - I am unable to struggle at all. I try to toggle the struggle command but then I get told 'you're too tired to struggle again' even though I have never struggled before and have full stamina/health/magica. This definitely applies to armbinders, both an abadon one from this mod and one called from devious devices. Elbow shackles also give the same message. It looks like straitjackets are ok. Basically I can't struggle out of the other ones at all, it's not allowed, and waiting many hours or whatever makes no difference. There are no other ways out of these devices. So that's game over, and it just started.

I'd love to try out the mod if I wasn't worried it'll destroy my game by adding devices I can never remove, ever, which currently seems to happen right from the first minute of the game. I'm assuming the problem is due to some minimum stat requirement for struggling that exceeds the starting stat, but if that's the case then completely locking you out from trying to struggle seems way too extreme. If you're locked in devices you can't get out of and you play with other mods that might also affect your ability to interact with the world when wearing such devices (unable to pickpocket, unable to sneak, etc.) then you are never going to actually gain enough experience when locked in these things to be able to ever actually boost your stats enough to struggle out of them. Which sort of cuts off the fun.

It's a shame because I really like the concept.

Hello there, @ihatemykite!

It's a very nice job you have done with this mod. I had a lot of fun exploring these wonderful unforgiving devices after reaching the quest by a natural walkthrough way. However, it seems like I got very lucky because I escaped from the devices pretty easily, and also took the plug out from the first try. And here I got the thought: would be so nice to make this plug from your mod as a cursed trap to Kimy's Devious Cursed Loot mod. I just don't see another way for me to get into the Unforgiven Devices in a natural way, since I have a normal walkthrough now without a console and so on. However again, it would be incredible to get the plug, or maybe also some other devices from your mod, by a cursed trap or maybe some other natural way.

Oh and also a little question: The quest ('get rid of the Unforgiven Devices' or something like that) is still running even after getting rid of all the Devices. Is it supposed to be like that for now or I have a bug?

20 hours ago, BYJE137 said:

I was trying out the mod and ran into some outcomes I did not like, which meant I didn't dare use the mod in a playthrough. I have devious devices and include the devious devices patch when using the mod. So I start a new game, add some random restraints with console commands, equip them and then try to struggle out of them. Multiple times in this setting - brand new game, only one restraint tested at the time, nothing else equipped - I am unable to struggle at all. I try to toggle the struggle command but then I get told 'you're too tired to struggle again' even though I have never struggled before and have full stamina/health/magica. This definitely applies to armbinders, both an abadon one from this mod and one called from devious devices. Elbow shackles also give the same message. It looks like straitjackets are ok. Basically I can't struggle out of the other ones at all, it's not allowed, and waiting many hours or whatever makes no difference. There are no other ways out of these devices. So that's game over, and it just started.

I'd love to try out the mod if I wasn't worried it'll destroy my game by adding devices I can never remove, ever, which currently seems to happen right from the first minute of the game. I'm assuming the problem is due to some minimum stat requirement for struggling that exceeds the starting stat, but if that's the case then completely locking you out from trying to struggle seems way too extreme. If you're locked in devices you can't get out of and you play with other mods that might also affect your ability to interact with the world when wearing such devices (unable to pickpocket, unable to sneak, etc.) then you are never going to actually gain enough experience when locked in these things to be able to ever actually boost your stats enough to struggle out of them. Which sort of cuts off the fun.

It's a shame because I really like the concept.

Every device have value from 0-1 that represent how much relative stats you require to struggle. With stats i mean health, stamina and magicka. This value is for all patched device 90%, so you need at least 90% of stamina, etc..  The code for this looks like this (only for stamina)

if (Player.getAV("Stamina") < Player.getBaseAV("Stamina")*UD_struggleStrenghtRequired
	;NOT OK, show message that player is too exhausted
endif

Where UD_struggleStrenghtRequired is the value i talked about. If this never triggers than it means that the value of UD_struggleStrenghtRequired may be 1. I will repair it later so there is <= instead of < but i still thing there is fault somewhere else. Do you have any mods that modifie player stats like health, stamina etc.? Also try to give the game time to load, maybe you are just too fast and it doesn't have chance to load up.

9 hours ago, Dust+ said:

Hello there, @ihatemykite!

It's a very nice job you have done with this mod. I had a lot of fun exploring these wonderful unforgiving devices after reaching the quest by a natural walkthrough way. However, it seems like I got very lucky because I escaped from the devices pretty easily, and also took the plug out from the first try. And here I got the thought: would be so nice to make this plug from your mod as a cursed trap to Kimy's Devious Cursed Loot mod. I just don't see another way for me to get into the Unforgiven Devices in a natural way, since I have a normal walkthrough now without a console and so on. However again, it would be incredible to get the plug, or maybe also some other devices from your mod, by a cursed trap or maybe some other natural way.

Oh and also a little question: The quest ('get rid of the Unforgiven Devices' or something like that) is still running even after getting rid of all the Devices. Is it supposed to be like that for now or I have a bug?

Sound interesting. I may give it a try, but i will have to make patch for DCL that. There is also not telling if its even possible to add devices like this to DCL. Also that thing with quest you mentioned is most likely bug. I will give it a look when i get more time.

15 hours ago, ihatemykite said:

Sound interesting. I may give it a try, but i will have to make patch for DCL that. There is also not telling if its even possible to add devices like this to DCL. Also that thing with quest you mentioned is most likely bug. I will give it a look when i get more time.

Well what I meant is that would be nice to add a way to get the plug not only by quest, after getting a letter from the courier, but also in another way and so that it could be repeatable because your devices add something very curious to the gameplay. It doesn't suppose to be exactly DCUR, even despite I believe DCUR's cursed events fit the kinky Skyrim walkthrough very well. It can be just... I don't know... adding a chance to find a plug (which immediately will be equipped on you ?) in the dead bandit's inventory. It already will work very well in my opinion. 

I have no idea how i have never seen this mod before but, now that i have i must try it out. I do have a question though before i can actually try it tonight. Is the dd 5.1 patch included in the newest 1.32 version or do i have to get it still?

Hello @ihatemykite. I have two newbie questions. First of all: how can I update the mod safely so that I didn't break it? Because if I just remove it and install a new version, the MCM disappears and the mod seems to be broken. (Did I say questions will be newbie ones?)
And the second one: how can I start the quest with the plug again after finishing it once? 

13 hours ago, indolu said:

I have no idea how i have never seen this mod before but, now that i have i must try it out. I do have a question though before i can actually try it tonight. Is the dd 5.1 patch included in the newest 1.32 version or do i have to get it still?

THa patch should work just fine. If the update would breake the patch, i will remove the patch and upload new version of it.

29 minutes ago, Dust+ said:

Hello @ihatemykite. I have two newbie questions. First of all: how can I update the mod safely so that I didn't break it? Because if I just remove it and install a new version, the MCM disappears and the mod seems to be broken. (Did I say questions will be newbie ones?)
And the second one: how can I start the quest with the plug again after finishing it once? 

You have to make clean save. Sadly the way i update the mod is quite drastic, so almost every time new save will be required.

Also the quest can be started and completed only once. If you get plug after the quest is done it will not start again. I may make new more simple quest that will repeatedly start after main quest is done.

• 2 weeks later...

@ihatemykite I found this mod 

and was wondering if you can implement some of the mechanics it have such as the way you cannot equip armors when binded with any arm restraints, cause it simply does not make sense how you can manage to equip armor despite the severity of restraints as if it wasn't even there. It is suitable to your mod for being "Unforgiving". 

2 hours ago, glaxofi01 said:

the mechanics it have such as the way you cannot equip armors when binded with any arm restraints, cause it simply does not make sense how you can manage to equip armor despite the severity of restraints as if it wasn't even there

That already is a feature in DD itself.

Really happy with the development of this mod! I've said it before, and I'll say it again, I think you have found the best and most interactive version of any struggle system currently on this website. If it were my choice, I'd have this way of going about it be the DD standard.

Just started a new char on version 1.33 now. Have yet to see most of the new things added, but there is one issue I've come across right away: the newly textured devices didn't seem to get implemented correctly: basically all of them (now including the abadon plug itself, even though it's not really visible most of the time) have some bizarre multi-colored pixellation thing going on. The "rare blue straitjacket" for example just looks like an ordinary black one with multi-colored pixels around the arms and waist. Granted, this may come down to me having improperly installed the mod.

The second thing I wanted to mention was about the struggle hotkey and the menu it brings up. Frankly, I was a huge fan of the time when simply pressing the button just began the minigame no menus nor anything else. It was simple and elegant, something not offered by base DD nor any of the struggle alternatives here which suffer from menu bloat. I understand the need to add some form of a menu, just because there are now more things the player can do. At the same time though, I'd find it an interesting idea if we could add another keybind for just jumping straight into the minigame? Just a thought.

Also about the hotkey, a point that kind of goes against the above: It would be neat if we could use the hotkey to start the struggle minigame for all devices, not just heavy bondage. Having to go back into inventory like its 2013 just feels so off after being spoiled by this mod.

Still, great work! Gonna be eagerly awaiting further updates to see where this goes!

On 6/7/2021 at 6:49 PM, glaxofi01 said:

Ohh I guess you just made me realize there is something wrong with my setup. I always thought it was not yet implemented.

If you equip armors with the SkyUI favorites key then DD can't intercept that. Or maybe it's not looked into how that could be done.

13 hours ago, CamisoleDF said:

Have yet to see most of the new things added, but there is one issue I've come across right away: the newly textured devices didn't seem to get implemented correctly: basically all of them (now including the abadon plug itself, even though it's not really visible most of the time) have some bizarre multi-colored pixellation thing going on. The "rare blue straitjacket" for example just looks like an ordinary black one with multi-colored pixels around the arms and waist. Granted, this may come down to me having improperly installed the mod.

I don't know, I personally have all the devices displayed correctly. And pixelation may occur due to the fact that the PC can't properly process these textures (in Russian, it would be easier for me to express myself), and default devices from DDF can be displayed in this way, if the game settings are not as "High".

13 hours ago, CamisoleDF said:

The second thing I wanted to mention was about the struggle hotkey and the menu it brings up. Frankly, I was a huge fan of the time when simply pressing the button just began the minigame no menus nor anything else. It was simple and elegant, something not offered by base DD nor any of the struggle alternatives here which suffer from menu bloat. I understand the need to add some form of a menu, just because there are now more things the player can do. At the same time though, I'd find it an interesting idea if we could add another keybind for just jumping straight into the minigame? Just a thought.

Also about the hotkey, a point that kind of goes against the above: It would be neat if we could use the hotkey to start the struggle minigame for all devices, not just heavy bondage. Having to go back into inventory like its 2013 just feels so off after being spoiled by this mod.

Yes, perhaps these are really good ideas (sorry, but I didn't really read it), but do not forget the main essence of the mod - adding new heavy devices and trying to unbolt them. If you overload the mod with new third-party features that are similar to the main modifications, then this will be a drastic difference from the view of the author of the mod itself. All additional functions for struggleing are available in "Devious Devices Escape Overhaul" and "Devious Lore" as an options... This is also my personal opinion

@CamisoleDF @S.MayLeR Multicolored pixels are from my experience fixed with a single setting in skyrimprefs.ini:

iTexMipMapSkip = 0

That is other than 0 in medium or low quality presets, and i suppose some texture files don't have proper mipmaps... or i don't know why it works like that. Add this change from High quality preset and it should work.

24 minutes ago, Zaflis said:

@CamisoleDF @S.MayLeR Multicolored pixels are from my experience fixed with a single setting in skyrimprefs.ini:

iTexMipMapSkip = 0

That is other than 0 in medium or low quality presets, and i suppose some texture files don't have proper mipmaps... or i don't know why it works like that. Add this change from High quality preset and it should work.

And I didn’t say that it didn’t work for me, I just put forward theories ?

@CamisoleDF Thanks for the feedback. Regarding the textures i have tried setting low details and managed to replicate what you said. As @Zaflis said it was because i forget to export mipmaps. I will put edited version in this comment so you can try it. If it will work i will push it as new version.

Regarding the hotkeys: I think that is not good idea. Yeah i can add one hotkey for struggling, but what about other escape options? Then i would also need to add hotkey for other 3 option. So total 4 hotkeys will be avaible. That is bunch of keys and to give it some consistency i would have to select 4 keys that are next each other. And because skyrim already use most of the keyboard (and im not even talking about other mods and hotkeys that they can use) there is just not enaught space. Because of that i make it that one key will open menu and you can select what you want to do. Of couse, its much slower like you said but its most practical. Only solution for that would be hotkey that would smartly select one of the escape options and start it. But that would make mod less fun imo.

And for the option to start minigame also for other devices, there is one problem. If you have multiple devices how would you select which device do you want to struggle from? Best option i can think of is that there would be some kind of priority by which devices will be selected. Biggest priority will have heavy bondage but then what? Maybe gag or blindfold? This really depends on situation you are on. Like this would require some kind of AI to select best option but i don't see this happening in creation kit ?. Like maybe there is universal solution to this problem, but not in my head. Technically i could use UIextensions to make some kind of fast menu to select device from. But again i would also take in account what i said early about which escape method to select. 

Unforgiving devices 1.33a.zip

40 minutes ago, ihatemykite said:

And for the option to start minigame also for other devices, there is one problem. If you have multiple devices how would you select which device do you want to struggle from? Best option i can think of is that there would be some kind of priority by which devices will be selected. Biggest priority will have heavy bondage but then what? Maybe gag or blindfold? This really depends on situation you are on. Like this would require some kind of AI to select best option but i don't see this happening in creation kit ?. Like maybe there is universal solution to this problem, but not in my head. Technically i could use UIextensions to make some kind of fast menu to select device from. But again i would also take in account what i said early about which escape method to select. 

Just the same, the "Devious Devices Escape Overhaul" modification functions by counting the same on-screen messages with a choice option as in your modification.

But as I said earlier, your mod will develop in the wrong direction if you add extensive functionality to get free of devices. It seems to me that your mod is more similar to "DCUR" or "Deviously Enchanted Chests"... This is also my personal opinion

Edited by S.MayLeR