9 hours ago, Steone said:

Better NPC Support for Devious Devices   An add-on for Devious Devices to improve support for NPCs.

Yes, I am aware of that mod. Ideally, that mod's fixes would be included in Devious Devices itself.

Please keep in mind; however, that even if armbinders worked properly on NPCs, this mod would not dress NPCs in armbinders, because the goal of this mod is to be as lightweight and script-free as possible.

On 2/26/2021 at 6:31 PM, Herowynne said:

Ideally, that mod's fixes would be included in Devious Devices itself.

That was the original long term plan. Not sure if it will happen or not because of the increased script load that my "fixes" are causing - it's actually a whole system that watches NPCs and makes sure to restart animations and magical effects if necessary.

On 2/26/2021 at 6:31 PM, Herowynne said:

Please keep in mind; however, that even if armbinders worked properly on NPCs, this mod would not dress NPCs in armbinders, because the goal of this mod is to be as lightweight and script-free as possible.

Yeah, that looks like a valid approach ?.

Are you using outfits for your NPCs? If you are using a bunch of outfits for the captives (let's say around ten different outfits to have some variability) then theoretically somebody who wants different devices can make a patch ESP that just changes these outfits.

9 minutes ago, Kharos said:

Are you using outfits for your NPCs?

Yes, the added NPCs are dressed in actual outfits using Outfit records in the ESP.

9 minutes ago, Kharos said:

somebody who wants different devices can make a patch ESP that just changes these outfits.

Yes that is correct.

On 2/24/2021 at 12:32 AM, Herowynne said:

Truthful feedback! You are correct that I did not try to make the added NPCs look like supermodels.

I mostly left the NPCs appearances unchanged from the original mod. I only made a few improvements, such as adding makeup to the whore NPCs.

The captives are just supposed to be regular people who have been captured by bandits and forced into a life of slavery or whoring.

You can easily beautify all your NPC's using the Botox patcher. Search for it on Nexus. I ran it on all my mods, Inconsequential NPCs, Sexy Bandit Captives and Arthmoor's towns. Everyone is beautiful. So easy, no mess. 

47 minutes ago, Trickle said:

You can easily beautify all your NPC's using the Botox patcher.

I am aware of Botox. I even wrote an article on Nexus that discusses compatibility between Botox and my mod KSHair for All Vanilla NPCs.

Thank you for mentioning Botox, in case other folks are interested in using it, but I have no plans to use Botox to change the appearance of this mod’s NPCs.

I use Sex Slaves for Vanilla Bandit Camps and Sexy Bandit Captives and I like the option to have even more slaves for the bandits. Now if you could make them have sex with the bandits when the pc char is near like Sex bandit Captives do it would be nice.

3 hours ago, freebirdfreebird said:

Any chance for a version without a devious devices requirement?

Maybe. Devious Devices is only used for apparel.

What should the slaves wear? Perhaps prisoner rags? And what should the whores wear? Maybe either naked or tavern clothes?

20 hours ago, Herowynne said:

What should the slaves wear? Perhaps prisoner rags? And what should the whores wear? Maybe either naked or tavern clothes?

Not the same guy, but I’d say either those or see if any other mod authors would allow you to pull from their clothing. Or just see if you’d be allowed to package the clothes separately? 

22 hours ago, Herowynne said:

Maybe you can get permission to use the armors only in the mod.

1 hour ago, GorramThrall said:

Feet appear to be missing on captives.

This mod uses your default skeleton and female body, and uses the ARMA (armature) records from Devious Devices.

This mod does not include any body, meshes, or textures itself.

If the NPCs are missing feet in your game, then something must have gone wrong with your Devious Devices installation.

Perhaps you chose the wrong body during your install of Devious Devices? (Meaning you chose CBBE but actually have UUNP, or vice-versa.)

Or maybe some other problem?

Here's an interesting incompatibility: For me, the "Real Names" mod (EDIT: To be fair, together with the "People are Strangers" mod, possibly) insists on renaming Lufani - but none of the others I recruited (the two others from Embershard Mine and Donna and Elle from Knifepoint Ridge). In combination with IAFT, it can result in her having no name and not being able to be talked to.

Thankfully it's easily fixable by adding her name to the Real Names' exception list in the configuration. Still took me a while to find out what broke my game.

2 hours ago, Khadir said:

Thankfully it's easily fixable by adding her name to the Real Names' exception list in the configuration. Still took me a while to find out what broke my game.

Thank you for reporting your problem and solution!

Hopefully this information will benefit other folks.

First, I wanna say this mod is almost line for line what I was after: It's replaced about 3 mods in my list and so thank you immensely for making it. 

I have two questions, however. First is that, without fearless followers selected in IAFT, any of the slaves I rescue/recruit will always flee from combat. They do this regardless of equipment, health, or active effects- they'll only fight with fearless followers on. Is that intended? 

Second, on equipping them, so far all of them won't remove their original equipment, and will instead layer armor on over it. Again, not sure if that's intended or not. 

I am running IAFT, so it's entirely possible the problem is on my end (I'm still not used to it, having used UFO for years and years, till just recently.) but I thought I'd ask, as so far I've found no other way- to include console commands- to clear their inventory and have them just equip the gear I'm giving them. Honestly it's not even really that big an issue, save for that they won't equip left pauldrons or cloaks, which I assume is because they already have something 'better' in those slots. 

EDIT: Figured out the gear issue, that was on me. turns out I had to go in via IAFT to get at the default outfit, then take everything from that. 

33 minutes ago, Wolfshrike said:

any of the slaves I rescue/recruit will always flee from combat. They do this regardless of equipment, health, or active effects- they'll only fight with fearless followers on. Is that intended?

Yes, that is intentional. The NPCs are configured to be cowardly in combat. From an immersion point of view, that is how they got captured in the first place, right?

From a technical point of view, I wanted to ensure that the NPCs did not join you in fighting their captors. The whole point is for the player to rescue them, if you want to.

You can use a follower framework mod such as NFF, EFF, or AFT to change their combat behavior if you want a different behavior after recruiting them.

37 minutes ago, Wolfshrike said:

EDIT: Figured out the gear issue, that was on me. turns out I had to go in via IAFT to get at the default outfit, then take everything from that.

Yes, similarly to the combat behavior issue, you can use a follower framework to manage their apparel after recruiting them.

On 3/13/2021 at 6:44 PM, Herowynne said:

This mod uses your default skeleton and female body, and uses the ARMA (armature) records from Devious Devices.

If the NPCs are missing feet in your game, then something must have gone wrong with your Devious Devices installation.

Perhaps you chose the wrong body during your install of Devious Devices? (Meaning you chose CBBE but actually have UUNP, or vice-versa.)

Probably have to go back and make sure that the hands and feet match the CBBE body I am using. I'll try that in my next run.

1 hour ago, GorramThrall said:

Probably have to go back and make sure that the hands and feet match the CBBE body I am using. I'll try that in my next run.

As I mentioned in my post that you quoted, this mod does not include any body, meshes, or textures itself.

If you discover mismatched hands or feet, that would be a problem with your load order, not because of this mod.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/13/2021 at 6:44 PM, Herowynne said:

Yeah, the solution was pretty simple, I had to read the Devious Devices page! More specifically, I had to construct the devices in Bodyslide in order for them to appear. Some are a bit janky, but that's on my end do to rushing it instead of making sure the bodies and objects align properly. 

4 hours ago, GorramThrall said:

Yeah, the solution was pretty simple, I had to read the Devious Devices page! More specifically, I had to construct the devices in Bodyslide in order for them to appear.

Thank you very much for coming back and posting the solution for your reported problem!

It is really helpful for the community when folks come back to the support thread and tell everyone how they fixed the problem.

• 3 weeks later...