Cyberpunk 2077 Mod Creation Thread

On 5/29/2021 at 4:49 PM, kyon.kun000 said:

So, that's the state of cyberpunk 2077 mods here? No one is doing?

Unless I'm looking at the wrong place or everything is kept secret. But it seems like the mod tools didn't change much.

Looks like it's only weapon mods and NPC textures mods. I'm guessing the game is so dead that no one cares to mod it anymore. 

Edited by Megumin.

I found a mod on Nexus that added exotics to the game, though all it had was cheetah catgirl and lizard.

I encountered some bugs with it and went back to the Nexus page to discover not only had the mod been deleted, but the user who posted it deactivated their account too. I came here hoping they just migrated it to Lover's Lab, but no luck.

I'm putting out a call for anybody who might know; What happened? Where did it go? Why did they take it down off Nexus?

Screenshots to show I'm not just making this up:

image_2021-06-03_045244.png

image_2021-06-03_050101.png

20 hours ago, TanyaSapien said:

I found a mod on Nexus that added exotics to the game, though all it had was cheetah catgirl and lizard.

I encountered some bugs with it and went back to the Nexus page to discover not only had the mod been deleted, but the user who posted it deactivated their account too. I came here hoping they just migrated it to Lover's Lab, but no luck.

I'm putting out a call for anybody who might know; What happened? Where did it go? Why did they take it down off Nexus?

Screenshots to show I'm not just making this up:

image_2021-06-03_045244.png

image_2021-06-03_050101.png

Go here https://www.cyberpunk2077mod.com/category/hair-face/page/10/   

Page 10, you can't miss it. Its under Face/ Body category.

Edited by SimsNomads
2 hours ago, Awoooooo said:

Source code has leaked. 

Yeah, was expecting it to show up since I hear about it, happened some time ago already, but if it is around for free then the first "heavy" Modding tools would be appearing in a year or two, of course, that is if anyone has the patience to process all those 800GB.

17 minutes ago, Algene said:

Yeah, was expecting it to show up since I hear about it, happened some time ago already, but if it is around for free then the first "heavy" Modding tools would be appearing in a year or two, of course, that is if anyone has the patience to process all those 800GB.

The patience and the skills. I don't know how many people worked on the code. I guess 100+ and to do something meaningful even with a small talented team might be close to impossible. Maybe if the code includes some real good documentation but i doubt even if documentation is available that it's detailed enough to allow someone to work on the code without a huge effort. Even if someone manages to do something meaningful the result probably won't work anymore with the patched version of the game and i also doubt anyone can ever publish the result without facing serious legal action. Overall in my opinion it's not worth spending time. Well maybe if someone is a huge fan and can afford to spend a lot of time for a personal project.   

On 6/6/2021 at 1:08 PM, SimsNomads said:

Female V's walk animation in 3rd person should be modded into the female npcs walk animation. Something animators could look into.

Tangential but has anyone had luck doing sound mods yet? This clip desperately highlights the need for some clack clack heel sound mods it's so weird in this clip with this walk animation to not have heels making the correct sounds.

Hello first time on this forum. I loved all of Loverlab mods for Skyrim and Fallout 4. Hope eventually more mods will come out.

I saw this in the data breach article:

Cyberpunk 2077 also has a new game director. Gabriel Amatangelo, who had previously worked in design roles for Dragon Age: Inquisition and Star Wars: The Old Republic, will oversee all future Cyberpunk 2077 expansions, patches, and DLC.

I am a little more hopeful Cyberpunk will expand now.

On 6/9/2021 at 8:03 AM, mulliganplummer said:

I am a little more hopeful Cyberpunk will expand now.

I keep wanting to be hopeful, and I can't find anything about Amatangelo's specific views on modding, but DA:I was much less open to modding than the first two Dragon Age games and SWTOR has completely locked out modding because it's a threat to their cartel economy.

So I keep hoping that something will push CDPR toward more of a Skyrim level of openness, but Gabriel Amatangelo doesn't seem like the kind of director who's gonna go that way.

Guys have there been any efforts to revert the NPC clothes to their uncensored state? Any uncensor mods in general (other than the player uncensor which i'm already aware of)? Thanks for the info.

11 hours ago, Snoopy911 said:

Don't think there is a male version for the bra remover which makes kind of sense if it think about it.

Ha, ha, you must be very clever.

But seriously speaking, this game is behind even in terms of clothes removing mods, let alone skimpy redesigns.

1 hour ago, prinyo said:

Ha, ha, you must be very clever.

But seriously speaking, this game is behind even in terms of clothes removing mods, let alone skimpy redesigns.

I had high hopes for a lot of nice mods, perhaps even Cyberpunk replacing Skyrim.

That was until i read that they skipped third person mode and thought who will create clothing for a game when you can't see it most of the time.

We will probably get some more good mods over time, but it's sad to think of what could have been.

On 6/6/2021 at 1:54 AM, TanyaSapien said:

THANK YOU THANK YOU!

This is exactly what I needed. I'm so glad to know the mod's not dead.

Also interesting to hear the source code leaked. If 2077 is able to garner the kind of cult following Skyrim's had, I can only imagine what crazy stuff the modding scene may produce in a couple year's time.

Until then I'll just be happy with what limited reskins and model tweaks we can have.

Would it be possible for you to upload your files for the exotics mod to like a google drive as the one that's not on nexus seems like a older version of the mod as it does not have a tail or reptile option and seems to only change the face for me?

I'll be happy when/if we get a mod like Skyrim's "Sexlab: Defeat" and a pregnancy mod like Skyrim's "Fertility Mode". I prefer to replace the boring "flatlined" death screen with various scenes of lady V getting passed around and gang-banged like a cock-sleeve by her attackers, then later giving birth to a rape baby. ?

On 7/3/2021 at 8:14 AM, Church the Cat said:

I'll be happy when/if we get a mod like Skyrim's "Sexlab: Defeat" and a pregnancy mod like Skyrim's "Fertility Mode". I prefer to replace the boring "flatlined" death screen with various scenes of lady V getting passed around and gang-banged like a cock-sleeve by her attackers, then later giving birth to a rape baby. ?

Sorry for the disapointment but I don't think that's gonna happen soon (we will probably have the next game following V's story before we even have something like SexLab in Cyberpunk 2077)

9 hours ago, MilfSimmer said:

Sorry for the disapointment but I don't think that's gonna happen soon (we will probably have the next game following V's story before we even have something like SexLab in Cyberpunk 2077)

That is assuming you can even do something like sexlab and what not for this game, it may well be like many games technically possible, but practically impossible.

On 7/4/2021 at 2:45 AM, MilfSimmer said:

With the recent release of "WolvenKit" for Cyberpunk 2077, I'm still hopeful. We just need a technically savvy pervert to get ahold of it. ? https://www.nexusmods.com/cyberpunk2077/mods/2201

3 hours ago, Church the Cat said:

With the recent release of "WolvenKit" for Cyberpunk 2077, I'm still hopeful. We just need a technically savvy pervert to get ahold of it. ? https://www.nexusmods.com/cyberpunk2077/mods/2201

Yeah but even so It will take a lot of years, just look how Fallout 4 trajectory even if it was made based on Skyrim, making it on a new game will probably take 10+ years to even reach something close to Skyrim

25 minutes ago, MilfSimmer said:

Yeah but even so It will take a lot of years, just look how Fallout 4 trajectory even if it was made based on Skyrim, making it on a new game will probably take 10+ years to even reach something close to Skyrim

I've plenty of time, I'm sure someone is working on it as we speak. Soon(tm). ??

As far as I know the quest engine is not discovered - without quest engine all you can do is to modify some parameter and exchange some assets.

This is what actually happens.

Even the "quest" mod on nexus is just a terrible hack - it does not provide real quests - and without quests you cannot control NPC AI.

Edited by zaira