Cyberpunk 2077 Mod Creation Thread

On 9/4/2021 at 3:27 AM, bluegloop said:

I followed the club link, clicked on accept rules, get a popup saying accepted, then try to join, and nothing happens.  Stuck on the rules page.  Can't access mods.  Completely useless.

EDIT: Worked this time.  Weird.

Same problem here. I'm stuck in an infinite loop of clicking "Accept"

On 7/29/2021 at 8:39 AM, peculiaris said:

That's a complete and utter fabrication, according to Pawel Sasko.

I wouldn't be surprised if CDPR denied it because it would rile up fans quite a bit if he did.  But the idea isn't a "fabrication" - it's based on circumstantial but suggestive evidence, like some of the middle-period promo vids, one of which has Johnny Silverhands as a "mentor" in the character creation screen for a more "proper" RPG type of character creator, and another of which has a news announcement that he's still around doing stuff in the game world.  So it's suggestive that at point A in time, they didn't have the V/Keanu story in mind as the backbone of the game, then at point B in time, it was all shoehorned in to what otherwise was probably a more straightforward RPG with RPG elements.  Also, it was definitely advertised as an RPG right up until almost the game's release, when they dropped the "RPG" labeling from the official blurb and retreated to "action-adventure story."

But there's circumstantial evidence in the game too.  The latter adverts touted the early All Foods quest for its C&C, and indeed that quest is a splendid example of immersive sim with excellent C&C (numerous ways of playing it, some dialogue choices cut off/open up options, etc.).  The trouble is that it was a lie that that was an example of what's in the game, it's actually the only quest that has that degree of depth and complexity.  However, there's enough vestigial depth and complexity in many of the other quests to suggest that it was originally their intention to have that sort of game - a deep RPG with richly interweaving immersive sim quests with tons of C&C.  The game we have doesn't have that, and the most likely culprit is that that game wasn't finished because at a late date they put all their eggs in the basket of having the Keanu-based "action-adventure." 

Or again, the later adverts showed an RPG where the "path" choices were meaningful in terms of a "zero to hero" trajectory in 3 very different modes.  But that's vestigial in the game as it is.

At the end of the day we'll never know for sure, but the suspicion that CDPR (disastrously, as it turns out) changed horses in the middle of the stream either because the suits thought it would be a great marketing idea, or because they felt they had to oblige Keanu or whatever, is not a "fabrication" and it's not unfounded.

Edited by gurugeorge
On 9/29/2021 at 1:51 AM, gurugeorge said:

Instead spinning this whole elaborate conspiracy, you could just ask Pawel when he's streaming, he's literally a director at the studio he's allowed to tell you what actually happened ?

Edited by peculiaris
1 hour ago, peculiaris said:

Instead spinning this whole elaborate conspiracy, you could just ask Pawel when he's streaming, he's literally a director at the studio he's allowed to tell you what actually happened ?

Why should anyone believe anything that comes out of CDPR's mouth ever again?  

They've completely destroyed the trust they'd built up with gamers over the years, and it's going to take them a long time to get it back, if ever.

Edited by gurugeorge
  • 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, 0utlaw said:

We're slowly getting some content, they've got joytoy replacers, the bodymod is a must have, he's pumping out more work weekly.

spawn0 - BODY MOD - better body shape at Cyberpunk 2077 Nexus - Mods and community (nexusmods.com)

NPC Replacers and JoyToy Swaps at Cyberpunk 2077 Nexus - Mods and community (nexusmods.com)

Cyberpunk will not be anything until we have something similar to sexlab with a lot of animations and not just the censored scenes of JoyToy

5 hours ago, MilfSimmer said:

Cyberpunk will not be anything until we have something similar to sexlab with a lot of animations and not just the censored scenes of JoyToy

Considering the development of sexlab, then come back in 2-3 years and there might be something working, maybe, in the end you require people with the skills to do it, the time to do it, and the willingness to do it, finding somebody with all three not likely to be that common.

So what's the go with mesh replacements in this game? Is it doable? I'm seeing 3D nipples, so that must mean yes?

But that 3D nipple is so slight that I can't help but think there's a caveat to this mesh replacement?

I mean... what competent modeller can't give models actual decent nipples??

11 hours ago, LovelyLad said:

So what's the go with mesh replacements in this game? Is it doable? I'm seeing 3D nipples, so that must mean yes?

But that 3D nipple is so slight that I can't help but think there's a caveat to this mesh replacement?

I mean... what competent modeller can't give models actual decent nipples??

Maybe because it would piece through a lot of clothing sets. There are big boobs and ass mods already in Nexus

On 10/11/2021 at 10:19 PM, Varithina said:

Considering the development of sexlab, then come back in 2-3 years and there might be something working, maybe, in the end you require people with the skills to do it, the time to do it, and the willingness to do it, finding somebody with all three not likely to be that common.

I'm waiting for a final-ish update for the game before having a go at a sex framework for it (so probably 2022 some time). I worked on some of the earlier frameworks for Fallout 4 (Four-Play, which was adopted and expanded into AAF) and Skyrim SE (SexLab Light SE, which was the solution before SKSE64 was released) so I do have some experience.

Retired from modding a few years ago to dedicate the 'hobby' hours to developing my own game. Now that my own game is starting to earn enough to become my full-time job, modding seems like a good hobby to have again. And the next Elder Scrolls seem years away so Cyberpunk makes sense. 

Edited by vinfamy
45 minutes ago, vinfamy said:

I'm waiting for a final-ish update for the game before having a go at a sex framework for it (so probably 2022 some time). I worked on some of the earlier frameworks for Fallout 4 (Four-Play, which was adopted and expanded into AAF) and Skyrim SE (SexLab Light SE, which was the solution before SKSE64 was released) so I do have some experience.

Retired from modding a few years ago to dedicate the 'hobby' hours to developing my own game. Now that my own game is starting to earn enough to become my full-time job, modding seems like a good hobby to have again. And the next Elder Scrolls seem years away so Cyberpunk makes sense. 

First off. I'm very glad, that somebody with the skills of doing this, is having an eye on this game. 

But, I don't really think, that 2022 will be the date, where they release a "final-ish" patch. I think, they will milk the cow quite a bit with large scale add-ons and content patches, like they did with The Witcher 3.

Also, are the modding tools, that are currently available, even mature enough to create a framework of such a scale (WolvenKit, CET)? I think animation modding support is not a thing right now and who knows if CDPR really brings proper modding tools. 

In the end, I hope for the best. 

3 hours ago, vinfamy said:

Nobody doubts your skills here, but dose it not somewhat depend on whether you can even get custom animations into the game in the first place, I do admit I have not really paid much attention to the modding side of this game, as I have yet to buy it, when the current all in one pack hits around £10-15 I probably will then, yes the next Elder Scrolls pretty much seems to be in never never land, last thing we really had about it was that couple of minutes flyover of some mountains, which could have been a modded skyrim le/se for all we can tell about it, there again they did not really say much about Fallout 4 and skyrim le till they were pretty close to launch, so well they could surprise us, though I do not think a Christmas release would be doable a bit short notice to really hype up, though early next your would be certainly doable.

4 hours ago, vinfamy said:

I'm waiting for a final-ish update for the game before having a go at a sex framework

CDPR is contractually obligated to have two "large" DLC injected before the game is considered "final" and those could be literally multiple years away.

9 hours ago, 27X said:

CDPR is contractually obligated to have two "large" DLC injected before the game is considered "final" and those could be literally multiple years away.

by 'final-ish'  I meant final enough to not have to worry about a future CDPR update completely breaking my mod. I won't have to wait for DLCs, since I wouldn't want the mod to have hard dependencies on DLCs anyway - all that does is limiting the percentage of players who can use the mod.

Edited by vinfamy
  • 2 weeks later...
On 10/18/2021 at 7:33 PM, entoma1 said:

I cant accept the rules so i cant't download this mod on this site. Could you upload it somewhere else please?

On 10/19/2021 at 12:56 AM, Pickle86 said:

same

I had the same problem. Then I clicked the Join Club link, THEN it let me accept the ruels.

On 10/18/2021 at 7:33 PM, entoma1 said:

I cant accept the rules so i cant't download this mod on this site. Could you upload it somewhere else please?

On 10/19/2021 at 12:56 AM, Pickle86 said:

same

I had the same problem. Then I clicked the Join Club link, THEN it let me accept the rules.

• 4 weeks later...