1 hour ago, knowledgeman69 said:

I can't seem to get animations to play.

I have AFF v164 installed, but when I ask a captive to "Return the favor" the just say "whatever you want" and nothing happens.

Animation length is set to 30.

Is there something I am doing wrong or something else I need to install?

Cheers.

Animations.

SavageCabbages Animations

For starters, since it works without Themes and is a bare minimum setup. Good for making sure things work.. then go from there.

You can check out the AAF install manual.

11 hours ago, knowledgeman69 said:

I can't seem to get animations to play.

I have AFF v164 installed, but when I ask a captive to "Return the favor" the just say "whatever you want" and nothing happens.

Animation length is set to 30.

Is there something I am doing wrong or something else I need to install?

Cheers.

That usually means that AAF cannot find any animations for what you're trying to do. AAF doesn't have it's own animations included like Sexlab did. You have to find/download/install them seperately.

On 9/20/2021 at 1:36 PM, izzyknows said:

Animations.

SavageCabbages Animations

For starters, since it works without Themes and is a bare minimum setup. Good for making sure things work.. then go from there.

You can check out the AAF install manual.

21 hours ago, Sulphur.999 said:

That usually means that AAF cannot find any animations for what you're trying to do. AAF doesn't have it's own animations included like Sexlab did. You have to find/download/install them seperately.

Thanks a bunch! I didn't realize I had to get animation packs too.

1 hour ago, Sunnyk784 said:

The sex part of the mod just isn't working for me. All I get when I ask them for 'something in return' is the reply "Whatever you want"

Generally that means you don't have the required animations for the requested scene. What animation packs do you have installed?

On 9/15/2021 at 5:53 PM, jamesmand said:

Gotcha, even though I don't have anything like AFT installed it could be some other mod in my load order is causing this to happen. I figured I would bring it up in case anyone else noticed this behavior when captives were following you in addition to normal vanilla companions. If I find out what might be causing the talk/trade/stay list to not show up for vanilla companions and just go straight to the "talk" sublist, I'll post here so people can avoid the same problem.

Just to follow up on this, another quest mod that had companions that could follow you in addition to vanilla companions appears to suffer the same problem with the dialogue being a little weird. So this just appears to be buggy vanilla behavior which I never really encountered before since I usually just had one companion at a time. Maybe it will go away if some sort of multiple companion mod like AFT is installed, but it certainly isn't caused by anything that Commonwealth Captives is doing wrong as far as I can tell.

So I upgraded 0.92 to 0.96 and noticed one of my favorite features from that version is gone in the current one. You could target the settler in the console window and then type showlooksmenu (settlerID#) and entirely change their looks, I have 45 different settler looks saved in my presets that I would give to my favorite settlers. However in 0,96 if you try to do that, it just gives them exaggerated facial features using their current face. I like the option to talk and command Settlers but losing that little feature sadly kills it for me :(

1 hour ago, Neodarkside said:

So I upgraded 0.92 to 0.96 and noticed one of my favorite features from that version is gone in the current one. You could target the settler in the console window and then type showlooksmenu (settlerID#) and entirely change their looks, I have 45 different settler looks saved in my presets that I would give to my favorite settlers. However in 0,96 if you try to do that, it just gives them exaggerated facial features using their current face. I like the option to talk and command Settlers but losing that little feature sadly kills it for me :(

If you already have the presets, make a patch, give them names, then use FO4Edit & Face Ripper to apply the presets.

Your welcome to use my patch which has the original captives, still named Settler, copies of them, with names and prettied up a bit, and 40+ more named captives. Without names it's pert near impossible to find the one you want. Because they're all basically versions of the same NPC xxx157B8 now.

14 hours ago, izzyknows said:

If you already have the presets, make a patch, give them names, then use FO4Edit & Face Ripper to apply the presets.

Your welcome to use my patch which has the original captives, still named Settler, copies of them, with names and prettied up a bit, and 40+ more named captives. Without names it's pert near impossible to find the one you want. Because they're all basically versions of the same NPC xxx157B8 now.

ooooor... I could just use a older version that doesn't allow me to give them commands and just use a console command to change any of them on the spot. Also I have a mod that already names settlers anyways. Because also others peoples ideas of pretty are often times not my idea of pretty. So I'll just go with whats easier and use the older version. But yes, I'd love to use the current version available but that little feature being lost kills it for me.

3 minutes ago, Thalion65 said:

Killed the Raiders freed the captives ... then the captives attack. why is it so

Did you aggro them during combat? It can happen with stray bullets and explosives a little to close and you not know, until your release them.

So here's another idea (not sure if Izzy can do it or not.)

"Captive Bait/Ambush"

Basically it takes how captives work, and reverses it. Instead of captives spawning with raider/supermutant spawns, you come across encounters in various (possibly hand-placed) outdoor places with captives just kind of sitting there. However, the minute you approach them, you get ambushed by Raiders, Gunners, or Super Mutants.

Hi, I don't know if this is the right place to ask it, but lately I've noticed the captives I free follow me at a crazy near distance, so close it's nearly impossible to "loot all" (R button) containers without snapping their necks (R button). Does anyone have any idea why they might be following so closely now (like practically up my character's butt). Alternatively, does anyone know what field or record in FO4Edit controls their follow distance? Is it something I can fix myself? Thanks :)

15 minutes ago, Karna5 said:

Hi, I don't know if this is the right place to ask it, but lately I've noticed the captives I free follow me at a crazy near distance, so close it's nearly impossible to "loot all" (R button) containers without snapping their necks (R button). Does anyone have any idea why they might be following so closely now (like practically up my character's butt). Alternatively, does anyone know what field or record in FO4Edit controls their follow distance? Is it something I can fix myself? Thanks :)

If they are handcuffed they will snuggle up for protection. If you have a mod that has dialogue for followers and it triggers they will get in your face.  The follower package is pretty vanilla, the idle distance a is little larger than companions. I believe it's in the EBCC_FollowPlayer package or something like that.

Just now, izzyknows said:

If they are handcuffed they will snuggle up for protection. If you have a mod that has dialogue for followers and it triggers they will get in your face.  The follower package is pretty vanilla, the idle distance a is little larger than companions. I believe it's in the EBCC_FollowPlayer package or something like that.

They're not handcuffed, but you might have given a clue on what's changed recently and where to look. I vaguely recall reading about a change to talk distance in the Sexual Harassment mod, so perhaps it accidentally broke normal follow distance even when approaches are disabled (as they are currently in my game). Thanks, Izzyknows.

18 minutes ago, Karna5 said:

They're not handcuffed, but you might have given a clue on what's changed recently and where to look. I vaguely recall reading about a change to talk distance in the Sexual Harassment mod, so perhaps it accidentally broke normal follow distance even when approaches are disabled (as they are currently in my game). Thanks, Izzyknows.

Raider Pet has simular thing where after getting the Toxic Raider piercings & cloths the Boss will keep looking at you like they want to talk. But the cool down timer wont let them. It "might" be sort of like that. The dialogue still triggers, but the approach is disabled and prevent its from executing. Maybe... LOL

Just now, izzyknows said:

Raider Pet has simular thing where after getting the Toxic Raider piercings & cloths the Boss will keep looking at you like they want to talk. But the cool down timer wont let them. It "might" be sort of like that. The dialogue still triggers, but the approach is disabled and prevent its from executing. Maybe... LOL

That makes sense, but I'm pretty sure this just started in the last few weeks at most (maybe even more recently), and I don't think Raider Pet has changed in ages :) FYI, I checked Sexual Harassment in FO4Edit and didn't spot anything easily recognizable, but that doesn't mean it's not there. I'll play around with settings anyway as this super near follow distance from multiple captives is driving me crazy, haha.

2 hours ago, Karna5 said:

That makes sense, but I'm pretty sure this just started in the last few weeks at most (maybe even more recently), and I don't think Raider Pet has changed in ages :) FYI, I checked Sexual Harassment in FO4Edit and didn't spot anything easily recognizable, but that doesn't mean it's not there. I'll play around with settings anyway as this super near follow distance from multiple captives is driving me crazy, haha.

Is it just captives? Or all followers. If you do the first 2-3 missions in the Railroad questline with followers they usually come out with that behavior. At least on my games. But it would be ALL followers and not just captives.

3 hours ago, Sulphur.999 said:

Is it just captives? Or all followers. If you do the first 2-3 missions in the Railroad questline with followers they usually come out with that behavior. At least on my games. But it would be ALL followers and not just captives.

At the moment she's just got three commonwealth captive followers, but next time I play I'll try to get a companion and a just business follower as well to see if what's broken is just freed prisoners or all followers :) Thanks.

3 hours ago, Nessa said:

I use Just Business in conjunction with this. No problems. Though you may not want to mark captives as potential slaves until they're in a settlement. Otherwise Captives dialog takes precedence.

9 hours ago, Sulphur.999 said:

I got a chance to test other types of followers, and whatever has broken follow distance to be practically touching my character with all followers has broken vanilla followers as well. As Nessa has confirmed Just Business isn't causing this, it's probably Sexual Harassment though I can't find a write up on it and don't know how to read the follow package record in FO4Edit. If I do identify exactly what's causing it I'll come back and mention it here. Thanks :)

EDIT: Okay, after further testing I'm 99% sure it's related to Sexual Harassment while Approaches are disabled. The followers had entered a state of going near my character as if they wanted to talk, but because approaches were disabled in MCM they weren't actually triggering quests. When I turned the approaches back on in MCM, a couple of quests kicked off, and then follow distance went back to normal :)

Edited by Karna5
Post Script

New Version 0.97 Uploaded

• Spawned captives will now be explicitly set as Protected by the spawning function. This works around a vanilla bug where patches that give names to the captives make them lose their Protected status.
  • Captives who spawn in a location where there is not enough space for restraining furniture will now be restrained by an AI package rather than an invisible mat.  This helps avoid clipping into furniture or other objects.
  • Removed all use of SetLinkedRef() / GetLinkedRef() because of stupid vanilla game bugs

It is safe to update this mod in a running save.

3 minutes ago, EgoBallistic said:
  • Spawned captives will now be explicitly set as Protected by the spawning function. This works around a vanilla bug where patches that give names to the captives make them lose their Protected status.

Thank you so much for that, EgoBallistic!