1 hour ago, Bazzal said:

I don't know how to use any of them except looksmenu but don't know how to use looksmenu in game. Only at start. I wanted to see if more face files could be created and put into the mod and add more different looking people you see instead of editing them in game. Editing npcs in game just creates bugs.

To use looksmenu for NPC's.

Use tilde symbol to enter console mode.  Horizontal squiggly line in upper left of keyboard.

While standing in front of NPC you want to change face in console mode use mouse to left click on NPC and get NPC code.

Type this in console to stop the Ai for the NPC:  tai     Type this again in console when done with looksmenu to unfreeze the NPC.

Type this in console:  slm 001647c6   Substitute your NPC number for the one I showed as example.  

You should now enter looksmenu for that NPC.  

I would have preset ready beforehand to simply select and apply to character in question.

Either install the presets via your Mod Manager or place the file in FO4 game directory under:   C:\Games\steamapps\common\Fallout 4\Data\F4SE\Plugins\F4EE\Presets

This is the path for my games.  Yours may vary.  Presets files are all .json extensions.

Select a preset and apply to character.  Save and you are done with looksmenu.  If the preset looks weird on your NPC check the mod requirements for that preset.

You may not have all the need hair, face, beauty mods installed.

If you type slm in console by itself, then your character will enter looksmenu.   You can also use cheat terminal for looksmenu entrance and other tweaks/features.

9 hours ago, EgoBallistic said:

That happens sometimes unfortunately.  There are 44 different female looks and 24 male ones, but which ones you get is up to the game's random number generator.

The weirdest encounter I had was rescuing a perfect vanilla Nora clone (looks, hair, everything - except for the blue vault suit) from one Raider Camp :D

1 hour ago, JonX67 said:

The weirdest encounter I had was rescuing a perfect vanilla Nora clone (looks, hair, everything - except for the blue vault suit) from one Raider Camp :D

I've had them show up with the PC's body. Tats, shape, overlays but with their own face & hair.... very rare but interesting.

13 hours ago, EgoBallistic said:

That happens sometimes unfortunately.  There are 44 different female looks and 24 male ones, but which ones you get is up to the game's random number generator.

Sorry for butting in but...lol

can this be done in fo4 script? this is how i shuffle cards when making games. this is pseudo code but should show what i mean.

treat victims as a deck of cards...

Spoiler

//example female
Array[44]cards
    //shuffle cards and load randomly but never dupe
ShuffleCardsF()
    for(cardCount = 0,cardCount < 44,cardCount++)
    [    //roll dice
        cardRef=Random(0,43)
        //dont dupe
        if(cards.find(cardRef)) //already there
        [
            cardCount--
            exit loop //try another card
        ]
        else // not there in our cards so add it
        [
            cards[cardCount] = cardRef //add to deck
        ]//endif
    ]//endfor
return  //end ShuffleCardsF

end result is you have a 44 randomly selected non repeating deck of cards
and in this case every female look will be used randomly with no repeats.
when you reach the end of the deck you re shuffle or re start at card[0].

repeat for male deck. add a male/female percentage slider in MCM and bob is
your uncle

I just wanted to tell you; I love this mod!

It's a far better way to get settlers compared to using beacons, while being much more immersive than using a settler spawn button. I'm okay with duplicates (brothers and sisters do exist)  and if I don't like the settler for some reason I can always tell them to run instead of taking them with me. Pretty awesome!

Edited by Doctor Steam

Any reason why this might be happening? Too many scripts running and not letting your mod do its thing? Or something else? I dont actually have anything scriptheavy installed besides gun for hire though. And I disabled that and even then npcs/furnitures dont spawn properly.

image.png.b47fbcd24c05444aa82b6b88e2adeef9.png

Also my settlers not being unprotected was just a fallout issue lol. They would be unprotected while following me but as soon as i convert them to settlers, the game converts them to normal settlers --which are protected by default-- hence the confusion. 

1 hour ago, Chromarex said:

Any reason why this might be happening? Too many scripts running and not letting your mod do its thing? Or something else? I dont actually have anything scriptheavy installed besides gun for hire though. And I disabled that and even then npcs/furnitures dont spawn properly.

Are you using the latest version of the mod?  Rescued captives not being protected, and CRX devices leaving ropes and spikes, was fixed a couple of versions ago.

Edited by EgoBallistic
On 8/13/2021 at 6:50 PM, EgoBallistic said:

Are you using the latest version of the mod?  Rescued captives not being protected, and CRX devices leaving ropes and spikes, was fixed a couple of versions ago.

I am using .96 my bad if I missed a new version, but my issue was that I *wanted* the followers to be unprotected, and i fixed that by editing it in xedit, the issue was that when converted to Settlers (when you select work for me) they go back to being protected. What was the reason for the ropes and spikes being left behind though? 

Edited by Chromarex
1 hour ago, 7thRose said:

Hey @EgoBallistic, do you think you could add support for the Furry Fallout mod at some point in the future?

Thanks!

If someone converts captives in this mod into the various FF races, I would be willing to make it into a patch and host it here as an optional download.  Converting them shouldn't be very difficult, if you already have a bunch of FF character faces you could just use FaceRipper to replace the human Captives with FF faces.  I just don't have any of that stuff and I'm probably not the best judge of what looks good and what doesn't.

Edited by EgoBallistic
2 hours ago, Tanglin said:

Some of the faces are really good-looking. I wish I could use them as replacement for Cait, Curie and Piper's face. Is there a way to do it?

Yes, with Face Ripper.  Use xEdit to copy the NPC records from UFO4P or vanilla into a new plugin, then use FaceRipper to copy the face you want from CC onto the NPC in your plugin.

12 hours ago, leduss said:

How do you modify your esp to be able to scrap in workshop mod the wrist, neck and leg cords?
Is it feasible?

I actually meant to add that to the mod way back when and it slipped my mind.

The simple way is to add those items to the FormID List "modScrapRecipe_NullMelee_ClothMinor" (FLST:001F613C).  This will make them yield 1 Cloth when scrapped.  The only problem is, doing that will conflict with any other mods that modify that formlist.  The better way would be to add code to the CaptivreManager script to add  the items to that list when the game is loaded.

26 minutes ago, EgoBallistic said:

I actually meant to add that to the mod way back when and it slipped my mind.

The simple way is to add those items to the FormID List "modScrapRecipe_NullMelee_ClothMinor" (FLST:001F613C).  This will make them yield 1 Cloth when scrapped.  The only problem is, doing that will conflict with any other mods that modify that formlist.  The better way would be to add code to the CaptivreManager script to add  the items to that list when the game is loaded.

hello Ego

thank you for your reply

ok i understand and since i don't want to cause conflicts i won't modify your esp! do what you can

cordially

Edited by leduss

Hello,

Unfortunately I keep dealing with random ctds in Fallout 4.

The only clue is a log from LooksMenu.

BodyMorphInterface::GetTrishapeMap - Error - Failed to load.    [meshes\zazrestraints\ropeshackles\zazanklerope02female.tri]
BodyMorphInterface::GetTrishapeMap - Error - Failed to load.    [meshes\zazrestraints\ropeshackles\zazcollarrope02female.tri]
BodyMorphInterface::GetTrishapeMap - Error - Failed to load.    [meshes\zazrestraints\ropeshackles\zazwristrope02female.tri]

I have now found out that these error messages are generated by collar ropes, ankle ropes and wrist ropes that are brought into play by commonwealh captives.

When I put these items from the npc into my inventory, I do not have these error messages. I don't know if there is a correlation with ctds or if it creates other problems. maybe it doesn't cause anything at all. i just wanted to mention that these three items are out of order and create errors in the log.

Otherwise, great mod. Thanks for that. Just a pity that CRX causes so much problems and I had to uninstall crx.

I installed version 0.96 and my Fallout runtime is 1.10.26, however once I install the mod it always shows up disabled and all vars set to zero in the MCM menu.

Does this mean the mod can only be used on the latest version of Fallout?

Edit: Also forgot to ask if there are older versions available for download. Thanks.

Edited by silent_ninja
39 minutes ago, Morgenrot_68 said:

When I put these items from the npc into my inventory, I do not have these error messages. I don't know if there is a correlation with ctds or if it creates other problems. maybe it doesn't cause anything at all. i just wanted to mention that these three items are out of order and create errors in the log.

Those messages just mean that there are no morphs (.tri files) available for those items.  Definitely not a source of CTDs.

As far as CRX, note that the CRX devices placed by this mod don't have any of the problematic scripts, so you won't get the same issues with them as you would with ones you craft in settlements.  IMO it's well worth keeping the mod installed and just not using it in settlements.

25 minutes ago, silent_ninja said:

Does this mean the mod can only be used on the latest version of Fallout?

You can use Fallout Version Check Patcher to enable you to load newer mods on older FO4.  It would be better if you just went ahead and bought the game, though.

27 minutes ago, silent_ninja said:

Edit: Also forgot to ask if there are older versions available for download. Thanks.

No.  I don't want people downloading old versions and then encountering bugs I've already fixed.  This wouldn't address your Fallout version issue in any case.

1 hour ago, EgoBallistic said:

Those messages just mean that there are no morphs (.tri files) available for those items.  Definitely not a source of CTDs.

As far as CRX, note that the CRX devices placed by this mod don't have any of the problematic scripts, so you won't get the same issues with them as you would with ones you craft in settlements.  IMO it's well worth keeping the mod installed and just not using it in settlements.

Yes, that's what I thought, that it's not the source of CDTs. but now I have certainty and don't need to pursue this further.

i read the post in crx forum, thanks for the clarification, i will then reinstall crx and not use it in settlements.

Hi folks, I am running into an odd situation. Not game breaking by any means, but mildly annoying. I'm running 0.96 and I have all four external mods installed.

However, when captives spawn I am only seeing them in a few restraints:

• X-Cross (facing forwards or facing backwards)
  • Sawhorse
  • Kneeling on ground tied up

Turning on or off the various mod options doesn't seem to impact this. 

Has anyone else run into this? I'd like to find more variety in the way the victims are restrained, but I don't know the guts of this mod well enough to try and trace the problem from scratch.

2 hours ago, gregaaz said:

However, when captives spawn I am only seeing them in a few restraints:

The X-Cross and the Sawhorse are both from Torture Devices.  If you are only seeing those two, it sort of implies the other mods aren't being recognized, or the MCM option isn't being honored.

Two things to check, in console.

First, run the command sqv ebcc_configmanager and see if the four variables that control the mod options are set to "true".  The variables are TDEnabled, PSEnabled, CRXEnabled, and ZOEnabled.  You'll probably need to hit pgUp to see all four variables.

If all 4 variables aren't set to "true" then something is messing with the MCM settings.

Next, run sqv ebcc_captivemanager and look at the FurnList[] array variable.  Again, you'll probably need to hit pgUp to see it.  There should be 15 entries in the list, like this:

image.png

If you don't see all 15, chances are one or more of the other mods isn't enabled or isn't loading.

Edited by EgoBallistic
On 8/26/2021 at 2:28 AM, izzyknows said:

@EgoBallistic Would you mind if I posted a patch here?
It only changes the EBCCWorkshopNPCFemale.... looks, gives them names and adds a few (36) captives. It also includes the "done" presets with 173 additional presets for those that want to piddle around.

Could you PM me the patch?  I just want to check it first.