Been using this mod for awhile now and its one of my favorites. This current play thru I've had a captive follow me around as an extra follower, my next I might decide to do a small gang using captives as my gang members.

However, heres a few recommended things to NOT do, quest locations that I see kinda makes it difficult with them following you. First was the Marowski Drug lab in the Fish packing plant in the South part of Boston. Need to trigger 5 trip lights in order to proceed. Well a companion can be told to stay put, these cannot and will keep tripping the other trip lights and reseting your progress. Can simply target the captive and console command TAI to toggle their AI off tho.

Second location was Nuka World, not entirely sure what happened but I think my captive took way to much radiation and every few minutes falls down in bleed out before getting back up. Seems to be permanent as nothing I can do can cure her of it. Killing her and using Console Resurrect doesn't work as it respawns them nude and thinks they are both stuck to a bond item and your follower at the same time. The Mist Sprayers kept knocking her down so I assume she bugged out.

Ended going back 2 hours to the part before doing the Kiddie World portion of the park and had my follower join a Settlement, farewell to Evelyn, she was a good companion.

ScreenShot419.png.81df259276c10a3eba6542fd33843574.png

Edited by Neodarkside
pic included
18 hours ago, EgoBallistic said:

I am going to include those in an upcoming version of the mod.

Nice, I really love this mod It makes you recruit settlers faster and in an immersive way and a good junk items delivery for your settlement lol 

Edited by sopmod
On 7/5/2021 at 6:09 PM, Chromarex said:

I seem to be having an issue with CRX crosses. After freeing a captive from them, after a while they start floating in the air the same way they were on the cross, and then you can no longer press the talk button on interaction.

If I immediately free them from the cross and send them to a settlement, it might sometimes not bug out, but I really prefer to have them fight their way out with me first.

Edit: DIsregard that, i'll update first and then try again.

Alright, after extensive testing, the bug still happens. If you rescue 2-3 settlers using the Lets go (1) choice and have them roam around with you for a while(a few days, across save and loads), eventually something breaks and they go back into the cross pose. And "*Long Scream* *Scream* 'What's happening to me' " etc lines start showing up. I dont know what will resolve this or what exactly causes this yet.

Also, is there a way to set the npcs unprotected? I like a little bit of risk but even though i made a patch through xedit, the Isprotected still returns a 1 

Edited by Chromarex
1 hour ago, Neodarkside said:

Well a companion can be told to stay put, these cannot and will keep tripping the other trip lights and reseting your progress.

You must be using an older version of the mod.  In the current version you can command them like regular followers.

3 minutes ago, Chromarex said:

Alright, after extensive testing, the bug still happens. If you rescue 2-3 settlers using the Lets go (1) choice and have them roam around with you for a while(a few days, across save and loads), eventually something breaks and they go back into the cross pose. And "*Long Scream* *Scream* 'What's happening to me' " etc lines start showing up. I dont know what will resolve this or what exactly causes this yet.

That's not possible with the current version of the mod, the CRX devices placed by this mod don't use those effects at all.  The fix isn't retroactive, though, so if you have some captives that were on the old crosses it might still happen to them.

37 minutes ago, EgoBallistic said:

That's not possible with the current version of the mod, the CRX devices placed by this mod don't use those effects at all.  The fix isn't retroactive, though, so if you have some captives that were on the old crosses it might still happen to them.

Could it be a load order issue? I have it right before CC

Does the CRX mod have to be disabled in MCM since your mod has its own CRX stuff?

Just now, Chromarex said:

Could it be a load order issue? I have it right before CC

Does the CRX mod have to be disabled in MCM since your mod has its own CRX stuff?

Load order doesn't matter.  CRX has to be enabled in MCM in order for CC's own CRX crosses to appear.

4 hours ago, EgoBallistic said:

You must be using an older version of the mod.  In the current version you can command them like regular followers.

I am probably, I haven't updated since I started this play thru 2+ weeks ago, and probably didn't for a month before then. Interesting, will have to update it and see.

5 hours ago, rylasasin said:

Another small requsest:

Real Settler Names patch for those of us who hate seeing nameless settlers.

I use Immersive Settlers ( https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/23391  ) and it automatically gives any captives I've recruited names, just only triggers when you enter a settlement, so if you don't have a Settlement yet they will remain settler. I also use the mod Rename Anything if I dislike the name they were given.

Think it'd be possible to have the rescued settlers pick a random location and live/wander around there? Kind of like how the Skyrim mod did it when you freed captives and told them to leave. 

Also: Did you set the settlers to be protected in your script? Because it seems the settlers still go into bleedout mode regardless of whether I remove the protected/stimpack flags or not

ty

Edited by Chromarex
3 hours ago, Chromarex said:

Also: Did you set the settlers to be protected in your script? Because it seems the settlers still go into bleedout mode regardless of whether I remove the protected/stimpack flags or not

Yes, they are protected.  If they weren't they would die instead of going into bleedout.

Freeing captives gives me points with Piper but not with Preston. Why?

Edit: With a later captive he loved it. Maybe he was on cooldown earlier.

And could you add an option that freed captives can "thank" the folllower instead of the player as well?

Edited by xyzxyz
19 hours ago, EgoBallistic said:

Yes, they are protected.  If they weren't they would die instead of going into bleedout.

Yes, that is what I am trying to figure out. I already removed the protected keyword in my own custom patch, however they still go into bleedout. So my question was whether you hardcoded them to be protected in your script...

21 minutes ago, Chromarex said:

Yes, that is what I am trying to figure out. I already removed the protected keyword in my own custom patch, however they still go into bleedout. So my question was whether you hardcoded them to be protected in your script...

The Protected status is a flag and not a keyword.

8 hours ago, Chromarex said:

The script doesn't deal with that.  To make the settlers not protected, just remove the Protected flag from EBCC_LvlFemaleSettler and EBCC_LvlMaleSettler.

I might be stupid but for some reason I can't actually have sex with the rescued captors. I select the "Return the favor" option, they say sure, then walk away and do an idle animation against a wall or something. No sex animation happens. I have ALL The mods you listed as requirements, as well as the AAF themes to make sure that animations are possible etc and yet for some reason it won't do anything. I'm not the greatest at modding so I MAY be dumb here but like... is there anything you can suggest? ... sex animations don't happen with anything to be honest. I'm even loading through F4SE and everything just like another forum post said I had to do to make this stuff work...

1 hour ago, BaldurAnthology said:

I might be stupid but for some reason I can't actually have sex with the rescued captors. I select the "Return the favor" option, they say sure, then walk away and do an idle animation against a wall or something. No sex animation happens. I have ALL The mods you listed as requirements, as well as the AAF themes to make sure that animations are possible etc and yet for some reason it won't do anything. I'm not the greatest at modding so I MAY be dumb here but like... is there anything you can suggest? ... sex animations don't happen with anything to be honest. I'm even loading through F4SE and everything just like another forum post said I had to do to make this stuff work...

Can you manually play animations using the Home key?

If not you need to head over to the AAF Tech support thread.

5 minutes ago, izzyknows said:

Can you manually play animations using the Home key?

If not you need to head over to the AAF Tech support thread.

I wasn't even aware that was a thing but so far nothing that has sexual animations seems to play. >_<

*EDIT* I tried using this option and it says no compatible positions? it also says the four play thing where you can use sex for persuasion also didn't initialize properly or something... Evidently despite following what it told me to do it didn't work or I did something wrong

Edited by BaldurAnthology
added info
9 minutes ago, BaldurAnthology said:

I wasn't even aware that was a thing but so far nothing that has sexual animations seems to play. >_<

*EDIT* I tried using this option and it says no compatible positions? it also says the four play thing where you can use sex for persuasion also didn't initialize properly or something... Evidently despite following what it told me to do it didn't work or I did something wrong

Best thing to do is start very small.

AAF and SavageCabbage animations. Make sure it works and go from there.

30 minutes ago, BaldurAnthology said:

The support forum directed me to a very large long list of stuff >_< it's a bit overwhelming.

Yea.. the guide "can" be useful.. but just start small. If you follow the "guide" and something breaks, you'll have no clue what caused it. So, one thing at a time. :)