1 hour ago, Becerra9 said:

I also use Knockout Framework

And there's your sign.

Undo the the changes to CC (you're editing the wrong mod) and add an exception to KF so it ignores the CC npc's. (don't as me... I don't use it, so dunno how it works)

16 hours ago, izzyknows said:

Remove the Protected flag from EBCC_LvlFemaleSettler and EBCC_LvlMaleSettler.

That won't work in Commonwealth Captives 0.97, because the settlers are set essential by the script that creates them.  I had to do that to make them compatible with patches that give names to the settlers.  This was necessary due to the game engine bug that causes the Protected flag on a spawned NPC to always gets set to false if its Base Data is inherited from a template.

In a nutshell, to make the captives non-protected you would need to edit the EBCC_CaptiveManager script and change the akCaptive.SetProtected(true) to false.

18 minutes ago, izzyknows said:

And there's your sign.

Undo the the changes to CC (you're editing the wrong mod) and add an exception to KF so it ignores the CC npc's. (don't as me... I don't use it, so dunno how it works)

Knockout Framework isn't it, I uninstalled and the settlers still went into a bleedout stage. This is confusing 

1 hour ago, EgoBallistic said:

That won't work in Commonwealth Captives 0.97, because the settlers are set essential by the script that creates them.  I had to do that to make them compatible with patches that give names to the settlers.  This was necessary due to the game engine bug that causes the Protected flag on a spawned NPC to always gets set to false if its Base Data is inherited from a template.

In a nutshell, to make the captives non-protected you would need to edit the EBCC_CaptiveManager script and change the akCaptive.SetProtected(true) to false.

DUH! I totally forgot about that!!! ?

17 hours ago, EgoBallistic said:

Interesting. I'm using 0.96 and I like to use the captives as mortal, disposable companions in conjunction with AFT. Whatever AFT uses to name them seems to stick when I give them names through the AFT system, but the corpse is just "settler" after they're dead. It must not be actually changing the name of the settler, but just changing something attached to the follower slot. You have to choose from AFT's list of names, but that's one option if one wanted them to be mortal AND to have names - revert to 0.96 and use AFT.

20 hours ago, EgoBallistic said:

So here is that manager script, located in -> \Fallout 4\Data\Scripts\EBCC

The rescued settlers are still not being killed by other npc, just a bleed state. What there another line I had to edit?

895209352_Screenshot(3)_LI.jpg.7841e8e1418b8d5148867ee135bd74b5.jpg

3 hours ago, Becerra9 said:

So here is that manager script, located in -> \Fallout 4\Data\Scripts\EBCC

The rescued settlers are still not being killed by other npc, just a bleed state. What there another line I had to edit?

Pardon the possibly stupid question, but did you recompile the PEX file from that PSC after you edited it?

14 minutes ago, Becerra9 said:

Nope, I did not. x.x

How do I do that?

Open the Creation Kit and click on GamePlay>>Papyrus Script Manager, In the filter box type EBCC_ then right click on EBCC_CaptiveManager and Compile.

Close the CK and play the game.

3 hours ago, izzyknows said:

Open the Creation Kit and click on GamePlay>>Papyrus Script Manager, In the filter box type EBCC_ then right click on EBCC_CaptiveManager and Compile.

Close the CK and play the game.

Hah, thanks. I never played with scripts. Unfortunately, it still has no effect on the rescued settlers. Still don't die to other NPCs and the kill command via console also doesn't work. Bleeeh 

5 hours ago, Becerra9 said:

Hah, thanks. I never played with scripts. Unfortunately, it still has no effect on the rescued settlers. Still don't die to other NPCs and the kill command via console also doesn't work. Bleeeh 

If I'm not mistaken, it will only effect new spawns. Easy way to check is to use Better Console to check the Flags of current captives (before script change) and new spawns (after script change)

I think this is a stranger solicitation, but how can I have more black skin captives? I know are random function, but in all my save, I think, around 90% of the captives are white skin... I am trying to make a settlement only with black peoples... Have any file .ini configuration ? thanks a lot.

PS: I had tried "SLM <ref id>", but when the cells reload, the settler (ex-captive) back to the previous skin color.

Thanks a lot.

Moacir Jr.

Edited by Moacir Jr
On 12/9/2021 at 12:10 AM, Moacir Jr said:

I think this is a stranger solicitation, but how can I have more black skin captives? I know are random function, but in all my save, I think, around 90% of the captives are white skin... I am trying to make a settlement only with black peoples... Have any file .ini configuration ? thanks a lot.

The ones added by this patch tend to have darker skin (though more heavily tanned than naturally dark-skinned in most cases).

On 12/9/2021 at 12:10 AM, Moacir Jr said:

PS: I had tried "SLM <ref id>", but when the cells reload, the settler (ex-captive) back to the previous skin color.

They're vanilla settlers, so you can't just use LooksMenu to edit their appearance. You'll then need to use Face Ripper and stick the results in a plugin.

I might have found a small glitch. When first entering Covenant, there are 4 alive settlers and one dead settler from this mod in the town. Once I completed the quest, one of the alive settlers turned hostile like the rest of the town. Now that I cleared the town, 3 alive settlers are still there, but after activating the workbench I cannot select the settlers, as they are not counted as population.

Did anyone else also run into this behavior, or could this have been caused by one of my other mods?

I removed them through the console, so all is well and good.

Edited by Enjoyar
1 hour ago, Enjoyar said:

I might have found a small glitch. When first entering Covenant, there are 4 alive settlers and one dead settler from this mod in the town. Once I completed the quest, one of the alive settlers turned hostile like the rest of the town. Now that I cleared the town, 3 alive settlers are still there, but after activating the workbench I cannot select the settlers, as they are not counted as population.

Not sure how this would happen.  Captives are spawned where Raider and Super Mutant NPCs appear, and the people in Covenant aren't in either of those factions.  I've never had captives from this mod spawn there.  Are you sure these settlers you found were really from this mod?

10 minutes ago, EgoBallistic said:

Not sure how this would happen.  Captives are spawned where Raider and Super Mutant NPCs appear, and the people in Covenant aren't in either of those factions.  I've never had captives from this mod spawn there.  Are you sure these settlers you found were really from this mod?

You are right, it was a different mod indeed! My bad!

46 minutes ago, izumonoryu said:

I'm assuming there's no current feature to have the raiders etc. have sex with the captives, bar something like Autonomy etc.? I'm concerned that another mod might break stuff.

Correct, though I've seen captives stand up or get off crosses to have sex with captors via Autonomy, then return to their captive poses once done.

2 hours ago, AWHA2 said:

After recruiting them as settlers, they all become essential (so they never take damage). Is this intentional?

They should be "protected" (like vanilla settlers), not "essential." The key difference between the two is whether the player is allowed to kill them.