3 hours ago, EgoBallistic said:

See the second post in this thread.

thanks, it seems to work. there were 3 captives at Hyde Park with all settings to the max. in the old version there were more and more common. so i expected more as well now :D ... but it works, so thank you, and sorry to bother

My problem just started so it could be a mod or something is doing it. I'll spot a captive or two coming into a new area.  A few times I'll go loot a body or two and then come over with some clothes and weapons for them.  They are gone. Doesn't happen to the ones on crosses and horse but if they are kneeling they have a chance to disappear. Anyone happen to have a Idea on what the problem might be?

6 hours ago, Badtanker said:

My problem just started so it could be a mod or something is doing it. I'll spot a captive or two coming into a new area.  A few times I'll go loot a body or two and then come over with some clothes and weapons for them.  They are gone. Doesn't happen to the ones on crosses and horse but if they are kneeling they have a chance to disappear. Anyone happen to have a Idea on what the problem might be?

If a captive unloads the mod will delete her or him.  So if you go into an interior, kill all the bad guys, then go back outside, any captives that spawned near the bad guys will be deleted.

There is no difference at all in the way the mod treats kneeling captives and captives on devices.  Kneeling captives are more likely to spawn in interiors because there is usually less room for crosses and other devices.

1 hour ago, EgoBallistic said:

If a captive unloads the mod will delete her or him.  So if you go into an interior, kill all the bad guys, then go back outside, any captives that spawned near the bad guys will be deleted.

There is no difference at all in the way the mod treats kneeling captives and captives on devices.  Kneeling captives are more likely to spawn in interiors because there is usually less room for crosses and other devices.

Thanks.  I did forget that part. I know you had said that before. 

11 hours ago, Badtanker said:

Thanks.  I did forget that part. I know you had said that before. 

No problem.  Basically if you want to give captives clothes and weapons, free them first before you go out looking for stuff.  Once you've freed them, they won't get automatically cleaned up by the mod.

On 6/26/2021 at 8:23 AM, EgoBallistic said:

New Version 0.96 uploaded

• Freeing captives now generates Affinity Events.  Companions will react ("Curie liked that") and mods that track player karma will treat it the same as "Helping a settlement".  This has a cooldown timer, so you won't get a reaction for every captive you free.  The cooldown time is the same as picking a lock, hacking a terminal, etc.
  • Reverted an inadvertent change in 0.95 that prevented males from being put on CRX devices and allowed them on ZaZOut4 crosses.

I was asking Flashy about Crime & Punishment just now if this could work with Captives, and I see you have Affinity event it for freeing the captive but in their Crime and Punishment mod saying Not my business would also serve to offer a Karma event if this mod had that. I wonder if it can be added easily. Or by me with a keyword or something?

Flashy says these are the two events he's going to code into a newer version of CAP: 
CA_CustomEvent_MinSettlementHelp
CA_CustomEvent_MinSettlementRefuseHelp - does CC already have this perchance or can be added?

Edited by ETSubmariner
Added events
20 hours ago, ETSubmariner said:

I was asking Flashy about Crime & Punishment just now if this could work with Captives, and I see you have Affinity event it for freeing the captive but in their Crime and Punishment mod saying Not my business would also serve to offer a Karma event if this mod had that. I wonder if it can be added easily. Or by me with a keyword or something?

Flashy says these are the two events he's going to code into a newer version of CAP: 
CA_CustomEvent_MinSettlementHelp
CA_CustomEvent_MinSettlementRefuseHelp - does CC already have this perchance or can be added?

CC sends out CA_CustomEvent_MinSettlementHelp when you free a Captive.  I currently does nothing for refusing to help, but I will make it send CA_CustomEvent_MinSettlementRefuseHelp if you pick the "None of my business" option.

28 minutes ago, EgoBallistic said:

CC sends out CA_CustomEvent_MinSettlementHelp when you free a Captive.  I currently does nothing for refusing to help, but I will make it send CA_CustomEvent_MinSettlementRefuseHelp if you pick the "None of my business" option.

That'd be awesome. I am crafting a new modlist called Deadlands and as I was testing CC in relation to CAP, I realized my refusing did nothing for CAP. I appreciate it.

On 10/29/2021 at 10:55 AM, EgoBallistic said:

Inquiring minds and all that - what else will be included in version .97(?) I guess we're at now if any updates?

7 hours ago, Nazguli Tyvek said:

When using this mod I noticed that some (not all) of the captives had discolored faces. Their body looked white but their faces looked brown. Any idea how I could fix this problem?

This is most commonly referred to a the "rusty face bug" (though also goes by some other less polite names as well). It can be caused by a number of things, from mismatches between face texture and facial overlay resolution (check to make sure any face decoration or tattoo mods you're using are made for the same resolution as your face textures), to general game performance degradation. If you save and reload, does which settlers have the rusty face change? If so, it could be performance related, and a workaround like Rusty Face Fix might help. Alternatively, addressing common bugs and inefficiencies with the game, for example with Buffout 4, sometimes reduces these occurrences drastically as well.

1 hour ago, vaultbait said:

This is most commonly referred to a the "rusty face bug" (though also goes by some other less polite names as well). It can be caused by a number of things, from mismatches between face texture and facial overlay resolution (check to make sure any face decoration or tattoo mods you're using are made for the same resolution as your face textures), to general game performance degradation. If you save and reload, does which settlers have the rusty face change? If so, it could be performance related, and a workaround like Rusty Face Fix might help. Alternatively, addressing common bugs and inefficiencies with the game, for example with Buffout 4, sometimes reduces these occurrences drastically as well.

I haven't tried save/reload to test this directly however, I noticed it's always occurring with one particular model and I've never seen her with a non "rusty face". So I think it may be a texture issue... I've reloaded my game when she was around and I've never seen it fix it but I'll check out the mods and hope I can resolve it. 

2 minutes ago, Nazguli Tyvek said:

I haven't tried save/reload to test this directly however, I noticed it's always occurring with one particular model and I've never seen her with a non "rusty face". So I think it may be a texture issue... I've reloaded my game when she was around and I've never seen it fix it but I'll check out the mods and hope I can resolve it. 

I've also seen this happen with mod NPCs/presets if they contain references to nonexistent headparts or tints.

2 minutes ago, vaultbait said:

I've also seen this happen with mod NPCs/presets if they contain references to nonexistent headparts or tints.

I'm probably going to give the rusty face fix a shot and if that doesn't work then I'll start looking at face textures and tattoo mods. I may have to play around with it however it's only for one captive in this mod. The others are ok (at least I think). I know I haven't seen any men with this bug just women and only captives, so no other NPC's or the PC. So... yeah.

When I use the mod I keep crashing when I enter Lexington/ get near the Corvega assembly plant and when I come across raiders. When I disable the mod I can enter those areas fine, can anybody think of what might be causing me to crash. All my settings are on medium and framerate is 120 if those details are at all important.

30 minutes ago, instamash said:

When I use the mod I keep crashing when I enter Lexington/ get near the Corvega assembly plant and when I come across raiders. When I disable the mod I can enter those areas fine, can anybody think of what might be causing me to crash. All my settings are on medium and framerate is 120 if those details are at all important.

Install Buffout 4 and post your crash log.

5 hours ago, instamash said:

Hey thanks for the quick reply this is what I got 

Well, it appears your game crashed while trying to render Nora from the pre-war scene. 

I notice you have the male skeleton plugin from Gender-Specific Skeletons loaded.  The game will crash if you try to play as a female with that plugin loaded.

At any rate, the log shows that Commonwealth Captives.esp is not loaded, so I don't think this crash has anything to do with this mod.  Or you didn't upload the right file.  Try to reproduce the CTD you reported earlier, then upload the most recent crash log.

4 hours ago, EgoBallistic said:

I notice you have the male skeleton plugin from Gender-Specific Skeletons loaded.  The game will crash if you try to play as a female with that plugin loaded.

Hey you were right about me uploading the wrong file sorry about that, and now that you pointed it out when I enable GSS and commonwealth captives together my game crashes but when only one of them is enabled it is fine, I'm playing as a male PC

crash-2021-11-10-14-51-39.log

52 minutes ago, instamash said:

Hey you were right about me uploading the wrong file sorry about that, and now that you pointed it out when I enable GSS and commonwealth captives together my game crashes but when only one of them is enabled it is fine, I'm playing as a male PC

Yes, now the crash involved a settler from Commonwealth Captives (EBCC_EncFemaleSettler29).  The crash is identical to the earlier one with Nora.  It appears to be occurring when the game engine is building the head model.

There's nothing special about the Commonwealth Captives NPCs in terms of body, head parts, or skeleton, and since the same crash is occurring with vanilla female NPCs even with CC not loaded I suspect the issue is with GSS.  Look at the GSS posts on Nexus, they have some info about solving CTDs with female NPCs by copying skeleton_female_faceBones.nif into Meshes/Actors/character/NPCAssets.  That tends to fit what I am seeing in your stack trace.

9 minutes ago, EgoBallistic said:

Look at the GSS posts on Nexus, they have some info about solving CTDs with female NPCs by copying skeleton_female_faceBones.nif into Meshes/Actors/character/NPCAssets.  That tends to fit what I am seeing in your stack trace.

YOU ARE AN ABSOLUTE GOD AT TROUBLESHOOTING! Thank you so much for taking the time to help out a noob like me, words cannot describe how much I appreciate that. You're the best.

On 11/7/2021 at 10:22 AM, vaultbait said:

Just want to point out that Rusty Face Fix uses a cloak script that can cause script lag problems when used with script heavy mods like AAF. If you are running a script heavy load order you might want to steer clear of it.

2 hours ago, AWHA2 said:

Just want to point out that Rusty Face Fix uses a cloak script that can cause script lag problems when used with script heavy mods like AAF. If you are running a script heavy load order you might want to steer clear of it.

Makes sense, are you aware of other less intrusive workarounds?