3 hours ago, EgoBallistic said:

Spawned captives will now be explicitly set as Protected by the spawning function. This works around a vanilla bug where patches that give names to the captives make them lose their Protected status.

Do I have to do something on my patch to make this work? Right now they spawn not protected. (new run)

3 hours ago, EgoBallistic said:

Captives who spawn in a location where there is not enough space for restraining furniture will now be restrained by an AI package rather than an invisible mat.  This helps avoid clipping into furniture or other objects.

I take it they're supposed to just stand in one place instead of kneeling? Ones in furniture are fine, kneeling are standing chilling out (not trying to move).

2 hours ago, izzyknows said:

Do I have to do something on my patch to make this work? Right now they spawn not protected. (new run)

No...  I just tried this version with your patch and it all works as expected.  All captives are Protected, both with names and named Settler.

2 hours ago, izzyknows said:

I take it they're supposed to just stand in one place instead of kneeling? Ones in furniture are fine, kneeling are standing chilling out (not trying to move).

Nope, they should be kneeling.  Again it works for me with your patch.

20 minutes ago, EgoBallistic said:

Nope, they should be kneeling.  Again it works for me with your patch.

Shite... That's good though!

Did a clean install of DD, naaitsab's RC2 patch, TD 2.2 Beta3 and CC for this run. Oh well... time to dig a little. LOL

Edited by izzyknows

I am also seeing the captives standing instead of kneeling. Rolled back to 0.96 and they are kneeling properly again. I do have an ESL patch that overrides a couple records to add DLC factions like Trappers, but looking in FO4Edit I don't see any changes in those specific records that would need to be carried over. Not sure if there might be another cause due to another mod, but just reporting in since I am not the only one experiencing it apparently.

EDIT: And the above post just showed up and I clicked the button. Good to know I am not crazy. :)

Edited by jamesmand

Hi! I have Commonwealth Captives More Female Captives 1.0.3 mod along with this mod, and I am curious if I update your mod if that will mess with the "patch" mod. Does anybody know what I am talking about??

THANKS!

Edited by jpee1965
Clarity
6 minutes ago, jpee1965 said:

Hi! I have Commonwealth Captives More Female Captives 1.0.3 mod along with this mod, and I am curious if I update your mod if that will mess with the "patch" mod. Does anybody know what I am talking about??

Commonwealth Captives More Female Captives 1.0.3 works with Commonwealth Captives 0.97 without any issues.

5 hours ago, kindashy said:

Thanks for this mod Ego, it's a staple for my mod list moving forward!

I'm currently running a "no beacon" run where all my settlers are obtained from the captives I find. I have yet to see a ghoul captive yet, is that even a possibility?

I wish it was, I don't mind ghoul settlers. Right now my game has zero spawns for them. Various mods that I use have entirely eliminated them from spawning regularly and kinda makes me sad. Finding which one is also a chore so kinda haven't even tried.

On 10/4/2021 at 12:12 AM, EgoBallistic said:

Version 0.97 Re-Uploaded

• I left out a couple of animation files from the v0.97 download.  I just reuploaded it with the missing files included.

Don't want to ask to much, but curious to know. Between 0.92 and 0.94+, basically from my understanding the addition of adding the Talk menu to captives, one of my favorite "features" if you could even call it that, was removed. You could target a Captive and go into looksmenu and give them a preset or change them entirely from scratch. Was it code that just got removed or needed to be removed for the mod to continue as it is now? I'd love to use the current version with its ability to speak to Captives and tell them to do things, but I enjoy changing my Settlers with presets more.

1 hour ago, Neodarkside said:

Don't want to ask to much, but curious to know. Between 0.92 and 0.94+, basically from my understanding the addition of adding the Talk menu to captives, one of my favorite "features" if you could even call it that, was removed. You could target a Captive and go into looksmenu and give them a preset or change them entirely from scratch. Was it code that just got removed or needed to be removed for the mod to continue as it is now? I'd love to use the current version with its ability to speak to Captives and tell them to do things, but I enjoy changing my Settlers with presets more.

The versions before 0.94 essentially spawned copies of individual settler NPCs.  This allowed them to be edited in LooksMenu, but caused all kinds of other problems because those kinds of NPCs are intended to be unique.  Making changes to one copy of an NPC, such as changing their outfit, affected all the other copies.  It seemed like a good idea when I first made the mod, but it quickly became a huge headache.

From 0.94 on I switched to using the same leveled NPC system the vanilla game uses for settlers.  This creates proper leveled NPCs with their own unique actor bases, and changing keywords, stats, outfits, etc, only affects the individual NPC.  The one downside is the inability to edit them in LooksMenu.

If you want to modify the NPCs' appearances, my suggestion is to use Face Ripper to apply your presets to the various EBCC_EncFemale* actors.  Face Ripper can directly apply a preset .json file to an actor in a plugin, so it is very easy to use. 

27 minutes ago, EgoBallistic said:

The versions before 0.94 essentially spawned copies of individual settler NPCs.  This allowed them to be edited in LooksMenu, but caused all kinds of other problems because those kinds of NPCs are intended to be unique.  Making changes to one copy of an NPC, such as changing their outfit, affected all the other copies.  It seemed like a good idea when I first made the mod, but it quickly became a huge headache.

From 0.94 on I switched to using the same leveled NPC system the vanilla game uses for settlers.  This creates proper leveled NPCs with their own unique actor bases, and changing keywords, stats, outfits, etc, only affects the individual NPC.  The one downside is the inability to edit them in LooksMenu.

If you want to modify the NPCs' appearances, my suggestion is to use Face Ripper to apply your presets to the various EBCC_EncFemale* actors.  Face Ripper can directly apply a preset .json file to an actor in a plugin, so it is very easy to use. 

Ah gotcha, yeah I ran into the copies problem on occasion where I'd run into copies that had the same face as one I altered, and if I altered that one, it changed the original. I still usually ended up with around 30 or so unique looking Settlers still. The problem I'd have is I change them as I find them, but I suppose if I get ambitious enough to go with the Face Ripper route, I'll have to see how it works. If future versions keep getting better, and if Ghouls and or additional factions are added, I might end of up doing it. I saw Izzy has a patch that adds additional factions, like I can easily see Gunners and Children of Atom kidnapping people and holding them hostage. Just would prefer it baked into the mod itself as an option. I learned to well from Skyrim, more addons you add that alter the base mod, the bigger chance of things going south.

Really loving this mod, makes lots of places more interesting when you have to rescue people and having a better way to find settlers for your settlements (awesome with sim settlements), not just launching your nukes on a raiders camp and better be careful if there are innocent people.

There is any mod combination or future plans to make possible that raiders/supermutans having a chance to "play" with their victims? groping, spank, sex... will be a point with preg mods with situations like "remember that pregnant woman you rescued on the supermutant place? now is the mother of that strong green guy who work as security on our settlement".
This mod is the unique reason that I have AAF installed now, im planning to add more AAF sex related stuff again but will be awesome if synergy with this mod.

One thing I noticed is that when I had Cait with me she disliked it when I freed captives. That doesn't really seem to make sense given her history of being sold off as a slave. Considering the affinity system could be a bit messy to make it work right with everyone, maybe it might be worth having an option to turn on/off affinity in general?

20 hours ago, Narsdarknest said:

There is any mod combination or future plans to make possible that raiders/supermutans having a chance to "play" with their victims? groping, spank, sex... will be a point with preg mods with situations like "remember that pregnant woman you rescued on the supermutant place? now is the mother of that strong green guy who work as security on our settlement".

I've seen Autonomy select captives and captors together for its scenes.

15 hours ago, jamesmand said:

One thing I noticed is that when I had Cait with me she disliked it when I freed captives. That doesn't really seem to make sense given her history of being sold off as a slave. Considering the affinity system could be a bit messy to make it work right with everyone, maybe it might be worth having an option to turn on/off affinity in general?

It's been covered before (some months ago) in this support thread, but to recap, you could make a plugin to patch Cait's vanilla affinities since freeing captives is a vanilla game event (and I think it reuses the same affinity setting as helping settlements?).

And yes, maybe there could be a way for freeing CC-generated captives to not count as a vanilla event, I haven't looked to see how it's registering that.

1 hour ago, vaultbait said:

It's been covered before (some months ago) in this support thread, but to recap, you could make a plugin to patch Cait's vanilla affinities since freeing captives is a vanilla game event (and I think it reuses the same affinity setting as helping settlements?).

It uses the CA__CustomEvent_MinSettlementHelp event keyword.  This isn't specific to freeing captives, but to helping the minutemen or settlers.

1 hour ago, vaultbait said:

And yes, maybe there could be a way for freeing CC-generated captives to not count as a vanilla event, I haven't looked to see how it's registering that.

There isn't a registration as such.  The captivemanager quest sends the affinity event each time the player frees a captive if the time elapsed since the last one is greater than the cooldown period.  So changing the event that is sent would require modifying the script.  I'll look into adding a check to see if Cait is with the player, and if so send a different event (probably CA_CustomEvent_CaitLikes).