On 9/1/2021 at 12:33 PM, EgoBallistic said:

The X-Cross and the Sawhorse are both from Torture Devices.  If you are only seeing those two, it sort of implies the other mods aren't being recognized, or the MCM option isn't being honored.

Two things to check, in console.

First, run the command sqv ebcc_configmanager and see if the four variables that control the mod options are set to "true".  The variables are TDEnabled, PSEnabled, CRXEnabled, and ZOEnabled.  You'll probably need to hit pgUp to see all four variables.

If all 4 variables aren't set to "true" then something is messing with the MCM settings.

Next, run sqv ebcc_captivemanager and look at the FurnList[] array variable.  Again, you'll probably need to hit pgUp to see it.  There should be 15 entries in the list, like this:

image.png

If you don't see all 15, chances are one or more of the other mods isn't enabled or isn't loading.

Thanks, I will apply this troubleshooting next time I'm in game. I recently started a new game and I did see some CRX furniture on that one, so something may have jogged loose, but I'm very curious what shows up in the full furniture list on my game.

@EgoBallistic thank you again for your assistance with my earlier issue. 

As I prepare for my next build along my mod plan (hopefully the last one where I'm adding major functionality - after this it should just be adding settlements), I've been thinking about tweaking the furniture assignment script to add a few more furniture options that I like. I'm pretty confident that I can manage that part on my own without any problems. However, I keep thinking about something else and I'd like your input on whether or not its feasible as a DIY or if I need to grovel before you and ask for a feature enhancement.

There are several furniture items in torture devices (and some the other mods too) that have a clean metal look and/or a more high-tech appearance. These aren't really great fits for raiders or super mutants but they would be great for synths. Plus, having more potential prisoners = more bonus settlers, which I certainly can't complain about. How hard is it to add another enemy type to the mod? Can it be achieved entirely in xEdit and with script modifications? 

Part of me is tempted to just dive right in, but I figured it would be a good idea to consult you first before I sink a lot of time into tweaking things only to find out that the changes needed are beyond my skill level.

On 9/1/2021 at 3:56 PM, gregaaz said:

Hi folks, I am running into an odd situation. Not game breaking by any means, but mildly annoying. I'm running 0.96 and I have all four external mods installed.

However, when captives spawn I am only seeing them in a few restraints:

• X-Cross (facing forwards or facing backwards)
  • Sawhorse
  • Kneeling on ground tied up

Turning on or off the various mod options doesn't seem to impact this. 

Has anyone else run into this? I'd like to find more variety in the way the victims are restrained, but I don't know the guts of this mod well enough to try and trace the problem from scratch.

with me the same. I also only have these three.

I thought this was normal until now and didn't think anything more about it.

The variables are all set to true. Except CRX, which I have not yet turned back on. There are 8 entries in the Furniture list. Probably less than should be there because of CRX.

5 hours ago, gregaaz said:

There are several furniture items in torture devices (and some the other mods too) that have a clean metal look and/or a more high-tech appearance. These aren't really great fits for raiders or super mutants but they would be great for synths. Plus, having more potential prisoners = more bonus settlers, which I certainly can't complain about. How hard is it to add another enemy type to the mod? Can it be achieved entirely in xEdit and with script modifications? 

It wouldn't be very difficult but it would require editing various records in the plugin as well as modifying the scripts.

Off the top of my head, you would need to

• Edit the OnActorAttach Story Manager Quest Node to allow actors other than Super Mutants and Raiders
  • Edit the CaptiveManager quest to add your new devices.
  • Since the new devices would be specific to a particular actor type (Synths), you would probably need to create a new devices list instead of using the existing one.  I would make a duplicate of the Load Furniture() function that populates a new furniture array with those devices.
  • Then in the CreateCaptive function, add a condition based on the captor's faction or race to pick from either the existing furniture list or your new one

After that, everything should run as usual.

2 hours ago, Morgenrot_68 said:

with me the same. I also only have these three.

I thought this was normal until now and didn't think anything more about it.

The variables are all set to true. Except CRX, which I have not yet turned back on. There are 8 entries in the Furniture list. Probably less than should be there because of CRX.

Eight is the correct number if you have all the device mods enabled except CRX.  CRX has by far the most devices of any of the supported mods.

Keep in mind that ZaZOut 4 crosses are only allowed to spawn for female captives, due to skeleton problems with the male animations on those devices.  So depending on your settings you might see them less frequently than the others.

3 hours ago, EgoBallistic said:

Funny.  But SH should not be grabbing bound captives since they have the AAF_ActorLocked keyword on them.

I've had that a few times too and found it too funny to complain about it.

"Look at all the devices you are wearing" from a guy that's hanging on a cross :D

However, I am not using the very latest version of SH (it's still 1.10.0 that I have installed), so I don't know if things like that shouldn't actually be possible.

Will changing the name of the settlers in xEdit cause any script or other problems with the Captives?

Along with giving random body shapes I'm adding a few perks to 'Guard' type settlers. So I might name them Sharp Settler, Tough Settler, or Settler(G). I've done this with vanilla settlers without issue so far. I just don't want to break anything in this awesome mod.

Thanks again EgoB!

1 hour ago, Prolific said:

Will changing the name of the settlers in xEdit cause any script or other problems with the Captives?

Along with giving random body shapes I'm adding a few perks to 'Guard' type settlers. So I might name them Sharp Settler, Tough Settler, or Settler(G). I've done this with vanilla settlers without issue so far. I just don't want to break anything in this awesome mod.

Thanks again EgoB!

No it doesn't. If Ego approves it, I'll post a patch with 88 named female captives.

On 9/5/2021 at 3:39 PM, EgoBallistic said:

Funny.  But SH should not be grabbing bound captives since they have the AAF_ActorLocked keyword on them.

I can confirm SH is grabbing them, but then I have SH loaded after CCaptives so it might be a load order issue. It is funny though, so I wasn't bothered by it - especially like the naked chap trying to blackmail me with naked photos. Dude, check yourself.

49 minutes ago, Nuka Cherry said:

I can confirm SH is grabbing them, but then I have SH loaded after CCaptives so it might be a load order issue. It is funny though, so I wasn't bothered by it - especially like the naked chap trying to blackmail me with naked photos. Dude, check yourself.

Thanks for confirming.  It's definitely not a load order issue.  The keyword in question is defined in AAF.esm, so both mods will know about it regardless of their load order.

4 minutes ago, Austin Legend said:

All these months later I thought I would give it a try again and it still wont enable itself. Why cant this just be a normal mod?

It is a normal mod. A very well made one at that.

So, what are you doing or not doing that prevents it from running? The only hard requirement it has is AAF. You don't even have to have any restraint mods since it will default to using the vanilla prisoner sit idle marker.

9 hours ago, Austin Legend said:

All these months later I thought I would give it a try again and it still wont enable itself. Why cant this just be a normal mod?

Also, can you explain what you mean by "won't enable itself?" Do you see the ESP added to your plugins.txt or showing enabled in your mod manager (whichever one you use)? Is the Commonwealth Captives MCM available in-game? Are you seeing something else which leads you to believe the mod is not enabled?

I would like to adjust the probability of a specific character appearing among the NPCs listed on the leveled list. Is the only way to post "Chance none" on the NPC? When this is 90, the probability of the NPC appearing does not seem to be 10%. It looks like it's lower than that.

There was not one NPC to create probability. I wanted to give a 10% probability by tying up 5 NPCs. I expected to be selected 1/5 within the group selected with a 10% chance. 
Yes. I wanted to build a slot machine named captive! However, it was difficult to be sure of the level list even though I had been tested several times. For testing, I turn on the game again every time and knock on the Lexington building.

So I decided to approach it differently.  I made a level list in the level list. It seemed to work well, but there was a terrible disaster in which mole rat settlers appeared together. 
When I played the console and changed it to a human, it was true that the settlers were right to see the event going on. Commonwealth is amazing.

In conclusion, I want to know for sure the mechanism by which the leveled list works. I used Google because it wasn't limited to this mode, but I can't tell if the keyword was the problem.

Participating in Discord, too. Would it have been better to ask questions to them?

Edited by agaile
1 hour ago, agaile said:

I would like to adjust the probability of a specific character appearing among the NPCs listed on the leveled list. Is the only way to post "Chance none" on the NPC? When this is 90, the probability of the NPC appearing does not seem to be 10%. It looks like it's lower than that.

Setting "chance none" will not work for leveled NPCs.  If you set "chance none" to a non-zero value and the list picks "none", the spawned NPC will not have a template.  To prevent the game from crashing due to missing references, the game engine will use a radroach as a template, resulting in a radroach with the name "Settler".  So, you cannot use "chance none" in this situation, as the mod requires a human NPC in every case.

The only way I know to change the probability of choosing a specific item in a leveled list is to change the number of items in the list, and/or to use nested leveled lists.  For example, you have a list called LL_Main.  It contains two lists, LL_Items1 and LL_Items2.  LL_Items1 contains 2 items.  LL_Items2 contains 10 items.  When you spawn an item from LL_Main, the probability of spawning a specific item in LL_Items1 is ( 1/2 * 1/2 = 1/4).  The probability of spawning a specific item from LL_Items2 is (1/2 * 1/10 = 1/20).

On 9/10/2021 at 5:22 PM, EgoBallistic said:

Setting "chance none" will not work for leveled NPCs.  If you set "chance none" to a non-zero value and the list picks "none", the spawned NPC will not have a template.  To prevent the game from crashing due to missing references, the game engine will use a radroach as a template, resulting in a radroach with the name "Settler".  So, you cannot use "chance none" in this situation, as the mod requires a human NPC in every case.

The only way I know to change the probability of choosing a specific item in a leveled list is to change the number of items in the list, and/or to use nested leveled lists.  For example, you have a list called LL_Main.  It contains two lists, LL_Items1 and LL_Items2.  LL_Items1 contains 2 items.  LL_Items2 contains 10 items.  When you spawn an item from LL_Main, the probability of spawning a specific item in LL_Items1 is ( 1/2 * 1/2 = 1/4).  The probability of spawning a specific item from LL_Items2 is (1/2 * 1/10 = 1/20).

I was testing the anti-phobia mode, so the mole rat...  I was disappointed with Todd that probability does not apply to humans. Gacha was denied!

And thank you for the owner's lecture. 
The diversity of rare groups will be greatly limited, but I think it will be better to put them in one group.
It seems difficult to control the probability of dividing the leveled NPC.

Oh... I didn't know that the limit of LLCT was 99. Now I have no choice but to use the double leveled list, but I hope Radroch will not appear.

Edited by agaile
On 9/4/2021 at 3:31 AM, EgoBallistic said:

It wouldn't be very difficult but it would require editing various records in the plugin as well as modifying the scripts.

Off the top of my head, you would need to

• Edit the OnActorAttach Story Manager Quest Node to allow actors other than Super Mutants and Raiders
  • Edit the CaptiveManager quest to add your new devices.
  • Since the new devices would be specific to a particular actor type (Synths), you would probably need to create a new devices list instead of using the existing one.  I would make a duplicate of the Load Furniture() function that populates a new furniture array with those devices.
  • Then in the CreateCaptive function, add a condition based on the captor's faction or race to pick from either the existing furniture list or your new one

After that, everything should run as usual.

So, if I wanted captives to spawn, for say, Trappers in Far Harbour, I would just need to add them to the OnActorAttach story manger?