5 hours ago, TomTheTaurus said:

So I have to add the unpc's to the EBCC_LCharFemaleSettler list CC draws from? Do I change this in the Commonwealth Captives.esp?

Yes, that's all there is to it.

I would recommend making a patch rather than directly change the mod, so that you won't have to redo your edits when the mod gets updated. 

Here's a quick tutorial (click on images to enlarge):

Spoiler

1. Open xEdit and let it load all your plugins.  Then, go to Commonwealth Captives, find the Leveled NPC list you want to add to, and Copy as Override into a new plugin:

image.png

2. Make the new plugin an ESP with the ESL flag and name it what you want.  I used "Commonwealth Captives Leveled List Patch":

image.png

3.  Add the plugin that has the NPCs you want to add to the list as a Master to your patch.  In my case, a mod called "Lots more Settlers":

image.png

image.png

4.  Find the NPC you want to add to the Leveled List, double click the Form ID, and copy the record signature (NPC_: XX00XYXY):

image.png

5. Go back to your patch, select the Leveled List, right-click the "Leveled List Entries (sorted)" row, and select Add:

image.png

6. Edit the new entry.  Set the Level to 1, Count to 1, and for the Reference, paste in the signature you copied earlier:

image.png

7.  And voila, you've added a new NPC to the Commonwealth Captives leveled actor list.

image.png

8. Make sure your patch plugin is enabled in your mod manager, and you're all set.

4 hours ago, Verasmile2 said:

I'm a complete noob on this. How can I do it?

Basically same as Ego just laid out with screenshots, except edit Cait's record (00079249) in Fallout4.esm and I think it's the companionactorscript EventData_Array property, find the struct matching on CA_CustomEvent_MinSettlementHelp (it may not be this one, I'm not entirely certain) and adjust the FormID values for the keyword and message from the dislikes one to whatever you want (look at the nearby structs for examples).

But I do recommend first getting familiar with FO4Edit/XEdit, make sure you know what you're doing, and make backups until you're sure you're not going to break something (and after that, keep making backups because you're going to break something whether you think you will or not).

3 hours ago, EgoBallistic said:

Here's a quick tutorial (click on images to enlarge):

Reveal hidden contents

1. Open xEdit and let it load all your plugins.  Then, go to Commonwealth Captives, find the Leveled NPC list you want to add to, and Copy as Override into a new plugin:

image.png

2. Make the new plugin an ESP with the ESL flag and name it what you want.  I used "Commonwealth Captives Leveled List Patch":

image.png

3.  Add the plugin that has the NPCs you want to add to the list as a Master to your patch.  In my case, a mod called "Lots more Settlers":

image.png

image.png

4.  Find the NPC you want to add to the Leveled List, double click the Form ID, and copy the record signature (NPC_: XX00XYXY):

image.png

5. Go back to your patch, select the Leveled List, right-click the "Leveled List Entries (sorted)" row, and select Add:

image.png

6. Edit the new entry.  Set the Level to 1, Count to 1, and for the Reference, paste in the signature you copied earlier:

image.png

7.  And voila, you've added a new NPC to the Commonwealth Captives leveled actor list.

image.png

8. Make sure your patch plugin is enabled in your mod manager, and you're all set.

Thanks a lot!!! I will try it tomorrow.

I'd have to copy it for every single npc or is there a possibility to add from leveled list npc instead of Non-Player Character (Actor)? 

Under leveled NPC there is for example a "LCharWorkshopNPCFemale" with FormID "LCharWorkshopNPCFemale [LVLN:001243CD]"

Would that work too instead of "NPC_: XX00XYXY"?

No problem for copying some IDs and doing some work, but if it's possible, i'd take it.

6 hours ago, TomTheTaurus said:

Thanks a lot!!! I will try it tomorrow.

I'd have to copy it for every single npc or is there a possibility to add from leveled list npc instead of Non-Player Character (Actor)? 

Under leveled NPC there is for example a "LCharWorkshopNPCFemale" with FormID "LCharWorkshopNPCFemale [LVLN:001243CD]"

Would that work too instead of "NPC_: XX00XYXY"?

No problem for copying some IDs and doing some work, but if it's possible, i'd take it.

if I understand right, adding a whole other leveled list as one line to your main  leveled list will mean the whole of al the ones you added count as one option, so they will appear very rarely. Like, they count at the same probability as one face from the list, then the computer rolls up a face within that table.

If you had 99 faces in each list, the main list has 99 blondes and the one you add has 99 readheads, 99% of the results would be blondes and only 1% redheads.

Because the list now has 100 entries and the last one says "go and pick a readhead"  

but if you make one long list each face will be equal and you will get 50/50

is this right? 

1 hour ago, NotKinkyEnough said:

if I understand right, adding a whole other leveled list as one line to your main  leveled list will mean the whole of al the ones you added count as one option, so they will appear very rarely. Like, they count at the same probability as one face from the list, then the computer rolls up a face within that table.

If you had 99 faces in each list, the main list has 99 blondes and the one you add has 99 readheads, 99% of the results would be blondes and only 1% redheads.

Because the list now has 100 entries and the last one says "go and pick a readhead"  

but if you make one long list each face will be equal and you will get 50/50

is this right? 

You can only add a new Leveled NPC list if you edit the scripts/quest to call the original and the new Leveled NPC list. If I'm not mistaken.

Simply adding records to the current list is the easiest way to go. Via a patch of course.

Even then, Bugthesda's RNG is garbage so there's never a 50/50 chance. LOL

Hi, I have a problem, the mod worked fine for months (new settlers even during attacks on settlements) but for a few days no captured npc have appeared. I honestly don't know if it's an update or what because I was cleaning up Nuka World for Grand Tour and obviously I didn't notice. I tried to restore backup of 0.94 but it didn't work. I could post Papyrus logs but it is useless since not even a single line of EBCC appears. Except for updates the only recently installed esp is Borderless Nuka World for NWR / VNW and I don't think it will affect that. Is there any way to force or reset EBCC events?

41 minutes ago, PariahOh said:

Hi, I have a problem, the mod worked fine for months (new settlers even during attacks on settlements) but for a few days no captured npc have appeared. I honestly don't know if it's an update or what because I was cleaning up Nuka World for Grand Tour and obviously I didn't notice. I tried to restore backup of 0.94 but it didn't work. I could post Papyrus logs but it is useless since not even a single line of EBCC appears. Except for updates the only recently installed esp is Borderless Nuka World for NWR / VNW and I don't think it will affect that. Is there any way to force or reset EBCC events?

If nothing is showing in the log,CC isn't starting. You could try uninstalling it, load the save and wait a bit, save, exit, install, load.

I seem to be having an issue with both this mod and my interactions in general. when I engage in seeking a favour from a captive i have freed the interaction positions the actors incorrectly with the dominant behind the submissive. So the two are not even in contact. With male on female interactions it is worse because the male genetalia will be in position but the actor won't leading to a strange warping of the models. 

Is it simply a load order error? Conflicting mods or is there some more serious issue or a way to resolve it? Keep in mind I am a brainless end-user so any help you can offer would be great.

20 minutes ago, lonewanderingSub said:

Is it simply a load order error? Conflicting mods or is there some more serious issue or a way to resolve it? Keep in mind I am a brainless end-user so any help you can offer would be great.

That's a problem with the animation itself, nothing that this mod can control.  I think I read that old versions of Leito's pack (the 1.4 versions) have this issue.  If you have that installed you should remove it and install the 2.0 version of the animation pack instead.

2 hours ago, izzyknows said:

If nothing is showing in the log,CC isn't starting. You could try uninstalling it, load the save and wait a bit, save, exit, install, load.

I tried to uninstall and install again, but without loading a save without EBCC esp, what happens to the 50 settlers tied to the mod if I load the save without the mod installed? Because with Better Console I see that every settler is tied to EBCC, I should use FallrimTools and do a clean save but on FO4 it's not as easy as with Skyrim.

20 hours ago, vaultbait said:

Basically same as Ego just laid out with screenshots, except edit Cait's record (00079249) in Fallout4.esm and I think it's the companionactorscript EventData_Array property, find the struct matching on CA_CustomEvent_MinSettlementHelp (it may not be this one, I'm not entirely certain) and adjust the FormID values for the keyword and message from the dislikes one to whatever you want (look at the nearby structs for examples).

But I do recommend first getting familiar with FO4Edit/XEdit, make sure you know what you're doing, and make backups until you're sure you're not going to break something (and after that, keep making backups because you're going to break something whether you think you will or not).

Allright, I guess I'll just leave it as it is. Maybe I'll clone Cait, as the clone shouldn't complain on being kind to captives.

1 hour ago, PariahOh said:

As I suspected, the mod reactivated but the settlers have disappeared and the save is bound to break.

With the new save loaded, load the old (non-working CC) save. Not saying it will work, but quite often scripts maintain their "status" from the currently loaded save. That's why you never want to load different runs without exiting the game.

2 hours ago, PariahOh said:

As I suspected, the mod reactivated but the settlers have disappeared and the save is bound to break.

I suspect this was an installation problem, like the scripts didn't get installed or updated when you went from 0.94 to 0.96.  There is no reason the mod would stop working if you update it.  Try loading an earlier save now that you have reinstalled the mod.

When I load the save with the uninstalled mod the message "CC is installed" appears on the screen, I look at Papyrus and it appears:

Spoiler

[07/05/2021 - 12:26:53AM] [LenARM] Actor.OnPlayerLoadGame: [Actor < (00000014)>]
[07/05/2021 - 12:26:53AM] [LenARM] PerformUpdateIfNecessary: 0.7.1 != 0.7.1 -> False
[07/05/2021 - 12:26:53AM] [LenARM]   no update
[07/05/2021 - 12:26:53AM] AFV Report: Main Quest OnPlayerLoadGame
[07/05/2021 - 12:26:53AM] AFV Report: Current version 1.520000 save version 1.520000
[07/05/2021 - 12:26:53AM] AAF SEU Save version 1040 Current Version 1040
[07/05/2021 - 12:26:53AM] [DD]: Updating to version 6
[07/05/2021 - 12:26:53AM] BDH-INFO - HasOutfits=True||[bdh:bdh_clothinglib <BDH_LibQuest (C101E7C1)>]
[07/05/2021 - 12:26:53AM] EBCC_ConfigManager: OnQuestInit
[07/05/2021 - 12:26:53AM] AAF SEU Debug: AAF API version 161 Beta
[07/05/2021 - 12:26:53AM] EBCC_AnimationManagerScript: AAF API version 161 Beta

In previous saves, however, no messages appear on the screen and not even on Papyrus.

That's why I was wondering if there was the possibility to force the initialization of the mod or update as in AAF Violate with the Update button from MCM.

Edited by PariahOh
9 hours ago, PariahOh said:

When I load the save with the uninstalled mod the message "CC is installed" appears on the screen, I look at Papyrus and it appears:

Right, that save doesn't have the mod in it, so the mod scripts start up as if it was a brand new installation.

Load the old save, open the console, and type these commands:

startquest ebcc_configmanager

startquest ebcc_captivemanager

startquest ebcc_animationmanager

startquest ebcc_crxhandler

You should see the [Commonwealth Captives is Installed] message on screen and the EBCC messages in the Papyrus log.  The mod should work normally after that.

1 hour ago, EgoBallistic said:

Right, that save doesn't have the mod in it, so the mod scripts start up as if it was a brand new installation.

Load the old save, open the console, and type these commands:

You should see the [Commonwealth Captives is Installed] message on screen and the EBCC messages in the Papyrus log.  The mod should work normally after that.

No, unfortunately it didn't work. I entered commands on various old saves with no success (no screen messages and none in papyrus), I even loaded pre-update from 0.96 saves.
If I load a save prior to 0.95 then the mod initializes and lines appear on Papyrus without having to type commands.

Spoiler

[07/05/2021 - 11:27:22AM] warning: Variable CRXWorkshopFurniture on script EBCC:EBCC_CaptiveManager loaded from save not found within the actual object. This variable will be skipped.
[07/05/2021 - 11:27:26AM] EBCC_ConfigManager: OnPlayerLoadGame
[07/05/2021 - 11:27:26AM] EBCC_AnimationManagerScript: AAF API version 161 Beta

Obviously I don't use crx so the warning is normal. Something may have happened in the update to 0.95, this save is 5 minutes earlier than my download of CC 0.95.

4 hours ago, PariahOh said:

No, unfortunately it didn't work. I entered commands on various old saves with no success (no screen messages and none in papyrus), I even loaded pre-update from 0.96 saves.

I think I left out a step.  You need to run these

stopquest ebcc_configmanager

stopquest ebcc_captivemanager

stopquest ebcc_animationmanager

stopquest ebcc_crxhandler

then run

I tried this myself and it worked.  I renamed the CC script folder so the game wouldn't be able to find the scripts, then loaded a save that had 0.94 on it.  Then I saved it to a new save.  Then I fixed the folder name and loaded the game.  The CC quests were still running, but all their properties were empty.  So running startquest on them would have no effect because they were already running.  I stopped all of them as above, then started them again, and everything works now.  I think the same will work for you.

4 hours ago, PariahOh said:

Obviously I don't use crx so the warning is normal. Something may have happened in the update to 0.95, this save is 5 minutes earlier than my download of CC 0.95.

Yeah, like I said, this really looks like the scripts didn't get installed the first time around, which caused the quests to lose all their Properties.  Stopping and starting them all, in the order above, should get it all working again.

@EgoBallistic "Just it works" ?
Yes now it works again, two ebcc lines are active in papyrus and the warning is not present.
I'm sorry I wasted all this time of yours. Really thank you very much.

Maybe it happened because I updated more mods beyond yours (I say this without the slightest knowledge of the processes).

I seem to be having an issue with CRX crosses. After freeing a captive from them, after a while they start floating in the air the same way they were on the cross, and then you can no longer press the talk button on interaction.

If I immediately free them from the cross and send them to a settlement, it might sometimes not bug out, but I really prefer to have them fight their way out with me first.

Edit: DIsregard that, i'll update first and then try again.

Edited by Chromarex
On 6/27/2021 at 3:50 PM, EgoBallistic said:

The only difference in terms of device selection between 0.94 and 0.96 is the way CRX devices are handled.  The probabilities did not change.  Also, keep in mind that if there is no room for a large device, the captive will default to kneeling bound.

That being said, there are a lot more CRX devices than other types.  If you have all 4 supported mods installed, there are:

• 3 kneeling poses (1 vanilla, 2 from Prisoner Shackles)
  • 3 devices from Torture Devices (cross forward, cross backward, wooden horse)
  • 8 devices from CRX (wooden crosses and poles)
  • 2 devices from ZazOut4 (the Raider X-Cross and the Wasteland X-Cross).  Male captives will never be placed on these.

The devices are all added to a list and the mod chooses one at random.  So yeah CRX is a bit over-represented.  I will add duplicate entries for the devices from Torture Devices and ZaZout to make them spawn more often.

Can I just remove the duplicates if I want an abundance of crosses?