1 hour ago, EgoBallistic said:

The issue isn't the Wastelander outfit.  The issue is putting another captive in the CollarAndShackles outfit, which causes every instance of that actor to get reset to that outfit, like I explained in the lengthy post above.

The solution, as I also explained above, is either a) don't use outfits at all or b) make the captives an ActorBase templated on a leveled list.

Played a bit with the modified scripts. Simple solution. Use a script to equip the restraints. Modify the script to unequip and remove the restraints when you free the Captive. Let the player decide what the Captive should be wearing when sent to a Settlement. it's not your headache what the Captive/Settler should be wearing ;)

You present the Captive/Settler in birthday suit when freed. Leave the rest to the player.

Edit:

Your mod presents an immersive way of obtaining settlers for a settlement. They were captured by raiders, PC rescues them, now it's the PC's prerogative what happens to the settler. You present the settler as an empty slate. Whatever needs to be written leave it for the PC. Don't use outfits, use scripts. Leave the rest to the PC.

Edited by Tron91
Update
4 minutes ago, Tron91 said:

Played a bit with the modified scripts. Simple solution. Use a script to equip the restraints. Modify the script to unequip and remove the restraints when you free the Captive. Let the player decide what the Captive should be wearing when sent to a Settlement. it's not your headache what the Captive/Settler should be wearing ;)

You present the Captive/Settler in birthday suit when freed. Leave the rest to the player.

I, for one, appreciate not having to dress the captives manually. I play with Scavver's Closet which means most vanilla outfits I find lying around the Commonwealth or loot from corpses are converted to unusable trash when I pick them up. I suppose I could direct the captive to loot a corpse as a workaround while they're following me, then "trade" with them to make them equip the outfit they picked up, before asking them to go work on a settlement. Still, it's nice that they're capable of dressing themselves without needing my assistance!

17 minutes ago, vaultbait said:

I, for one, appreciate not having to dress the captives manually. I play with Scavver's Closet which means most vanilla outfits I find lying around the Commonwealth or loot from corpses are converted to unusable trash when I pick them up. I suppose I could direct the captive to loot a corpse as a workaround while they're following me, then "trade" with them to make them equip the outfit they picked up, before asking them to go work on a settlement. Still, it's nice that they're capable of dressing themselves without needing my assistance!

I feel what you want. Am also a Settler hoarder. In my last experiment I gathered around 200 Captives at Slog ;)

The problem with outfits just as Ego summarized is cause of the way papyrus is implemented. Now he also summarized the solutions as a) not use outfits or b) use temporary Actor Base as workaround.

I get your motive in wanting to let the mod put an Outfit on the Captive i.e. your new Settler when sent to a Settlement.

But it also presents another bug, you trade with the Captive whilst he/she is following you where in you give him/her an outfit and weapon (which I do), but when you send him/her to a Settlement and you find he/she is not wearing what you gave him/her when you go to the Settlement later on. The reason being when you send him/her to a Settlement there is another script which changes his/her Default outfit to WasteLander Outfit.

I hope you understand my point now.

N.B. I know that a mod author can't fulfill every demand of the end-user, so I am presenting what's the most reasonable. It's not the mod author's headache what every end-user wants. He presents an empty slate in which the end-user can write on.

Edited by Tron91
Grammer

@vaultbait

The Captives/Settlers are intelligent enough to pick up an weapon, but they are dumb enough to not pick up an outfit from the dead Captors/raiders you just killed whilst freeing them. Maybe cause they are blood stained or maybe due to Bugthesda. Only Lord knows. LOL

7 minutes ago, Tron91 said:

@vaultbait

The Captives/Settlers are intelligent enough to pick up an weapon, but they are dumb enough to not pick up an outfit from the dead Captors/raiders you just killed whilst freeing them. Maybe cause they are blood stained or maybe due to Bugthesda. Only Lord knows. LOL

They were never "meant" to be naked. That's why they don't have ShowWornItemKeyword.

I modded the crap out of the captives. They're actually farmers, merchants, doctors.... and what I give them to wear sticks or they stay naked. I also added them to different settler level list. Justified it by them getting their stuff back from the dead captors.

13 minutes ago, izzyknows said:

They were never "meant" to be naked. That's why they don't have ShowWornItemKeyword.

I modded the crap out of the captives. They're actually farmers, merchants, doctors.... and what I give them to wear sticks or they stay naked. I also added them to different settler level list. Justified it by them getting their stuff back from the dead captors.

Well we all can modify them to our own requirements. But the dilemma here is for EgoBallistic. It's upto him in which state he hand overs them to us. The point is where he feels he is justified/satisfied to handover.

It's good to know that you make them as per your need. But not everyone is at par at modifying them to satisfy their needs.

4 hours ago, Tron91 said:

I get your motive in wanting to let the mod put an Outfit on the Captive i.e. your new Settler when sent to a Settlement.

But it also presents another bug, you trade with the Captive whilst he/she is following you where in you give him/her an outfit and weapon (which I do), but when you send him/her to a Settlement and you find he/she is not wearing what you gave him/her when you go to the Settlement later on. The reason being when you send him/her to a Settlement there is another script which changes his/her Default outfit to WasteLander Outfit.

I hope you understand my point now.

N.B. I know that a mod author can't fulfill every demand of the end-user, so I am presenting what's the most reasonable. It's not the mod author's headache what every end-user wants. He presents an empty slate in which the end-user can write on.

Sure, ultimately Ego will pick a solution which I'll be able to make work for me one way or another. Seems like he's interested in figuring out how to auto-dress the new settlers in a stable fashion, but if that's untenable (or just far too complex) then it's reasonable to go with alternatives, including just letting the player solve the problem on their own. I'm simply happy to be able to use such an excellent mod, regardless of the situation, and am expressing my appreciation for the intended goal of the mod author rather than needlessly debating what choices he'll make in updating it.

4 hours ago, Tron91 said:

I made that toggleable in the latest version.  So you can either dress them manually and they'll stay the way you dressed them, or let the mod do it and they'll stay that way.

1 hour ago, EgoBallistic said:

I made that toggleable in the latest version.  So you can either dress them manually and they'll stay the way you dressed them, or let the mod do it and they'll stay that way.

Best of both worlds ;)

On 6/2/2021 at 5:30 PM, EgoBallistic said:

The only other thing I can think of is that maybe the plugin isn't loading because you are running an older version of the game itself.  I really have no other ideas, this problem is not being caused by this mod.

Ive been doing some fidling around with mod files and have gotten a lot of my mods to start working by converting them to .esl files. Is there a way I can convert this to an .esl file without it requiring to .esp file in game?

New Version 0.94 Uploaded

• Captives are now generated based on leveled NPC lists instead of array properties
  • Female captives no longer have random weight triangle values
  • Actors in the the PlayerAlly faction will no longer spawn Captives (prevents Raiders enslaved using MCG from spawning captives)
  • Male and female captives use different restraint outfits for easier gender-specific customization
  • If the Player is bound in Devious Devices or Real Handcuffs, they will be unable to free captives
  • Captives recruited to settlements will equip new outfits, but only if Player did not equip them manually
  • Fixed captives recruited to settlements losing their clothes over time
  • Fixed speculars on ropes so they are no longer shiny

It is safe to update the mod mid-game.  I went to great pains to ensure that existing settlers and captives will still work with the updated scripts.

If you make patches for the mod, a lot of things have changed, so here are some details:

Spoiler

The actors, outfits, and other items that were properties on the EBCC_CaptiveManager script are now in leveled lists or outfits.

• Outfit (OTFT) records EBCC_CaptiveOutfit_Female and EBCC_CaptiveOutfit_Male contain the bondage gear that gets put on kneeling captives.
  • ActorBase (NPC_) records EBCCWorkshopNPC* are obsolete and only included for compatibility with existing saves.  They have not changed at all from 0.93
  • ActorBase (NPC_) records EBCC_Enc* are the new base NPC records.  The biggest difference is they do not have a VMAD, as scripted ActorBases are not allowed in Leveled NPC lists.  Also, the females have standardized weight triangle values and no MRSV (Body Morph Region Values).
  • Leveled NPC (LVLN) records EBCC_LCharFemaleSettler and EBCC_LCharMaleSettler are the leveled lists containing the EBCC_Enc* records
  • ActorBase (NPC_) records EBCC_LvlFemaleSettler and EBCC_LvlMaleSettler are the master NPC records that are templated on the Leveled NPCs above.
  • If you want to change the Outfit that settlers pick up after you recruit them to a settlement, it is the WastelandOutfit property on EBCC:EBCC_ConvertedSettlersScript which itself is on the ConvertedSettlers refcollectionalias on the EBCC_CaptiveManager quest.

So basically, EBCC_EncFemale* --> EBCC_LCharFemaleSettler --> EBCC_LvlFemaleSettler

Edited by EgoBallistic

This works very well and is a welcome 'adult' alternative to the wasteland. More than just 'sex' I appreciate it for what I believe really would happen and 'rescuing' people just got a lot more immersive and fulfilling.

3 minutes ago, swsjr said:

This works very well and is a welcome 'adult' alternative to the wasteland. More than just 'sex' I appreciate it for what I believe really would happen and 'rescuing' people just got a lot more immersive and fulfilling.

Ugh, now I got to update! Keep it up, thank God for people making adult content that is accessible without the need to kill, rape, destroy everything.

3 minutes ago, swsjr said:

Ugh, now I got to update! Keep it up, thank God for people making adult content that is accessible without the need to kill, rape, destroy everything.

I did have a question about the other devices. Torture devices works great but I read conflicting things about the others. Any feedback?

Version 0.94

• Captives are now generated based on leveled NPC lists instead of array properties

Does it mean that the captives won't be "unique" anymore, and have same "non-LooksMenu customizable" appearences such as normal settlers? I used Looksmenu on a lot of freed captives and I'm just curious if I'll lose that ability from now on.

(if you, person reading this, don't know what I'm talking about: normal settlers can't have their appearences changed/have presets applied on them via SLM <Target> = LooksMenu; and Commonwealth Captives' settlers CAN be customized)

Hi,

I really like this mod; it's a great way to represent the horrible things that raiders and super mutants get up to. I was wondering if you could make this work with the Crime and Punishment mod at https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/42857 ? I understand that this might be a difficult, unreasonable or downright impossible idea, and if so I certainly withdraw my request, but it would be wonderful if a character could get positive karma for saving prisoners. Maybe that's because I so easily gain negative Karma for my actions. ? Either way, thank you for creating this mod; as I said I really enjoy it.

Regards,

HemiGuy

On 6/14/2021 at 3:59 AM, EgoBallistic said:

Captives are now generated based on leveled NPC lists instead of array properties

I am guessing this is just the new way to spawn NPC, but all other like faces is the same as before if i am not wrong.