12 hours ago, 2dk2c.2 said:

When my "go here, do this" buttons are ignored, when my sim just stands there waiting for something, when nothing is happening but *something* is happening, I know your mod is about to start up.

But it's too vague to say anything about, or to even prove it's *your* mod and not some misbehaving older mod.

Maybe sound event-effects would be nice, and I could write "I heard the 'ding' but the 'gong' took a minute"

I messed with the wants. I don't know what they are displayed as ("1000" like I said before usually) but setting them to less than 100

seemed to help with sex.

The only unsolvable dilemma I have is, two females, one equipped with a schlong, engage consistently in acts where the schlonged one is in the wrong position, and the other poor girl wears a strap-on to accomodate.

So, yeah, stuff is working, but it's wrong (somehow). I've combed through my settings and uncheck "males can be females" but it's not...the right setting, I guess.

I rechecked Player-sim in "CAS" to see if I'd missed anything.

Well, there *is* an odd choice (make pregnant, become pregnant, neither)

and I had it set to "neither" so I changed it to the normal "become pregnant".

But it might be irrelevant, and I guess I'm asking how the mod chooses who does what.

---

Changing her trait from "self-assured" to "Good" would cause your mod to teleport the sim to the other sim, and then they'd stand there, grinning, as if my sim was too good for sex. (no, I think I added a blocking-mod or changed a setting)

So I'm changing it to "Clubber", the one that describes a sim who does MDMA and dances all night.

That isn't her but "good" isn't either.

The "pause" lag most likely is my mod  (At least when sex is occurring). I'm seeing it occur both when setting up the animation to play (When a Sim gets to the sex position) and when changing the animation in my game as well. With the overhaul of this I hope to reduce the amount of time it takes just to setup the animation. (I have also found a way to do it without "pausing" everything else as well. (If you join my discord, I've been "releasing" test builds for people to try out, the latest test build having the change that fixes that specific issue) It'll basically run in parallel in the future.

I don't control which actors take which positions, animations control that. DD simply looks at what the animation setup and makes it's decisions on who goes where using that. Quite a few animations do it incorrectly, thus resulting in incorrect positioning. If an animation specifies for a vaginal animation that both Male and Female can take it in their "vagina", well there really isn't much I can do about that.

An animation specifies what actors play within it and each actor slot says what animation genders can take it's slot.

- If an actor specifies BOTH, this means that both male and female Sims can take the slot.
- If an actor specifies that it prefers MALE, this means that it prefers a Male Sim to take it's slot, but if a Female Sim takes the slot, a strap-on WILL be equipped. (This is probably the biggest error spot that animators fail to do correctly, in most animations they SHOULD remove this animation gender preference because it simply causes problems they didn't intend)

- If an actor specifies that it prefers FEMALE, this means that it prefers a Female Sim to take it's slot, but Male Sims will be allowed to take the slot (In literally no scenario would you want to prefer a Female Sim, because it isn't like the Male Sim where you can simply equip a strap-on. If an actor prefers a Female Sim, it implies that it prefers the Sim that takes its slot has a Vagina, instead of the main animation gender being Both, it should be Female in this case)

- If an actor does not specify a preferred animation gender, both genders can take the slot and no strap-on will be equipped.

- If an actor specifies that it is for MALE, this means that ONLY Male Sims can take the slot (Unless the setting for Females to take Male slots is enabled)

- If an actor specifies that it is for FEMALE, this means that ONLY Female Sims can take the slot (Unless the setting for Males to take Female slots is enabled)

Hey, I had a play with this mod. I wasn't sure how to even use it, until I happened to do a search of the thread and saw I needed to use shift-click to give the needed trait.

But, I still have trouble even seeing stuff. I gather one or both parties need to wait around until they're 240 points or something. I guess it's mostly just waiting for that to build up?

That got me thinking though. I'm not sure if this might be planned or not, but why not have a season for the pets? A period where they come into rutt, and when it is, then that 240 suddenly drops to 60 or so, and sex is very frequent (called for) in that period? What think?

I'm not sure how usable this 240 point thing is, since I've not even seen anything happen with that. What kind of frequency would you think would happen? Once a day, once a week? Once every six-hours? And would it be affected by changing the season length, from 7 to 28, like I normally do?

Anyway, with WW, girls can go through a menstrual cycle. And, it might be interesting to apply the "in heat" idea to when human females ovulate.  I don't like having the human be always the one to want sex. It'd be much more entertaining for the dog to seek out a human that they know might help them with that itch. This, would be fun to see if they're in heat, and wanting sex every hour. Of course, if that's the case, there should be a way to deny them, or lock them up in a room until they calm down again. I remember some pop-ups in the sims that ask if it's OK. You could use that to ask the player if they want to see it again, etc.

17 hours ago, ColonolNutty said:

An animation specifies what actors play within it and each actor slot says what animation genders can take it's slot.

- If an actor specifies BOTH, this means that both male and female Sims can take the slot.
- If an actor specifies that it prefers MALE, this means that it prefers a Male Sim to take it's slot, but if a Female Sim takes the slot, a strap-on WILL be equipped. (This is probably the biggest error spot that animators fail to do correctly, in most animations they SHOULD remove this animation gender preference because it simply causes problems they didn't intend)

- If an actor specifies that it prefers FEMALE, this means that it prefers a Female Sim to take it's slot, but Male Sims will be allowed to take the slot (In literally no scenario would you want to prefer a Female Sim, because it isn't like the Male Sim where you can simply equip a strap-on. If an actor prefers a Female Sim, it implies that it prefers the Sim that takes its slot has a Vagina, instead of the main animation gender being Both, it should be Female in this case)

- If an actor does not specify a preferred animation gender, both genders can take the slot and no strap-on will be equipped.

- If an actor specifies that it is for MALE, this means that ONLY Male Sims can take the slot (Unless the setting for Females to take Male slots is enabled)

- If an actor specifies that it is for FEMALE, this means that ONLY Female Sims can take the slot (Unless the setting for Males to take Female slots is enabled)

I experimentally tried asking some people for "wickedwhims" sex, and the positions were correct 100% of the time, but it was a very small experiment.

I don't know.

I thought maybe a bit got switched somewhere, but there's no way for me to check.

I'm running into an issue with Pet animations. A few DD updates ago they worked fine but now, the majority of them do not get recognized by the mod when trying to engage in pet sex. For example, if I shift + left click a double bed and select DD > Show Available Animations > Vaginal then "Akdmico" shows as one of the animation authors. However, when I want to use the bed to engage with those anims and the right kind of pet (large male dog), I get a "No animations found" popup. Same with floor and other locations. In fact, the only animations that do show up when using the DD > Sex with Pet are Alonely's. Ditto for Assault > Pet. On top of that, when using Floor > DD > Start Sex with Pet > Vaginal, I get a "LOCALIZED_STRING_NOT_FOUND" in the list, whatever that is. 

I redownloaded the anims from Lifeline and Akdmico just now to make sure I had them but that made no difference. I'm on DD 1.33. 

Not sure if this makes the difference but Alonely's Anims Category is tagged as "F+LDB/LDM" whereas Akdmico and Lifeline's are "F+LDM", so maybe somewhere in the recent updates DD stopped recognizing LDM and only shows anims if they're also LDB tagged? 

ETA: They do still work in an older save, not the new one. Yet all settings are, best as I could see, the same, as are the sims/pets involved so I can't figure out if it's something I messed up somewhere, somehow, or if it's the mod. :(

ecb7572cf1671fe8145acc967d25a69d.png

29c1723303159ff736e3239cbd7b2118.png

9d56f9e2181af708a47d6d177c4604fd.png

6 hours ago, 2dk2c.2 said:

I experimentally tried asking some people for "wickedwhims" sex, and the positions were correct 100% of the time, but it was a very small experiment.

I don't know.

I thought maybe a bit got switched somewhere, but there's no way for me to check.

There is one thing I could verify and that is the bit where it assigns the actors with a Penis BEFORE the actors without a penis, this way the actors with a penis will be guaranteed a spot in those Actor Slots that require a penis.

3 hours ago, LilMinxieSimsie said:

I'm running into an issue with Pet animations. A few DD updates ago they worked fine but now, the majority of them do not get recognized by the mod when trying to engage in pet sex. For example, if I shift + left click a double bed and select DD > Show Available Animations > Vaginal then "Akdmico" shows as one of the animation authors. However, when I want to use the bed to engage with those anims and the right kind of pet (large male dog), I get a "No animations found" popup. Same with floor and other locations. In fact, the only animations that do show up when using the DD > Sex with Pet are Alonely's. Ditto for Assault > Pet. On top of that, when using Floor > DD > Start Sex with Pet > Vaginal, I get a "LOCALIZED_STRING_NOT_FOUND" in the list, whatever that is. 

I redownloaded the anims from Lifeline and Akdmico just now to make sure I had them but that made no difference. I'm on DD 1.33. 

Not sure if this makes the difference but Alonely's Anims Category is tagged as "F+LDB/LDM" whereas Akdmico and Lifeline's are "F+LDM", so maybe somewhere in the recent updates DD stopped recognizing LDM and only shows anims if they're also LDB tagged? 

ETA: They do still work in an older save, not the new one. Yet all settings are, best as I could see, the same, as are the sims/pets involved so I can't figure out if it's something I messed up somewhere, somehow, or if it's the mod. :(

This problem seems too common to be mere coincidence. I'll have to look into it.

1 hour ago, ColonolNutty said:

There is one thing I could verify and that is the bit where it assigns the actors with a Penis BEFORE the actors without a penis, this way the actors with a penis will be guaranteed a spot in those Actor Slots that require a penis.

This problem seems too common to be mere coincidence. I'll have to look into it.

What are your gender settings set to in DD Settings -> Global Settings -> Gender Settings?

5 hours ago, LilMinxieSimsie said:

I'm running into an issue with Pet animations. A few DD updates ago they worked fine but now, the majority of them do not get recognized by the mod when trying to engage in pet sex. For example, if I shift + left click a double bed and select DD > Show Available Animations > Vaginal then "Akdmico" shows as one of the animation authors. However, when I want to use the bed to engage with those anims and the right kind of pet (large male dog), I get a "No animations found" popup. 

2 hours ago, ColonolNutty said:

Might be a gendering issue. I'm missing 13 of the animations in Vaginal for on the floor if I leave it on default, but if I check the every gender can take any slot option in the gender settings of DD, they reappear and work.

On another note, can confirm progression works again in 1.34

1 hour ago, gdiv666 said:

Might be a gendering issue. I'm missing 13 of the animations in Vaginal for on the floor if I leave it on default, but if I check the every gender can take any slot option in the gender settings of DD, they reappear and work.

I wondered if that might help but didn't try yet. Seems that would only be a temp fix and not ideal because you'd either have to toggle that every single time or deal with awkward situations between female and male human sims taking the wrong slot. I assume anyway unless I'm misunderstanding your solution.

2 hours ago, gdiv666 said:

On another note, can confirm progression works again in 1.34

Please give me the Names of at least one or two of those animations (Not the author, I'm not going through ALL of their animations to check, just need two individual animation names). I would like to use them to debug the issue.

This pic, I swear you talked about it, so I think you already know what the solution is, and my apology for not knowing it as well (I'm very tired and was looking for a good place to stop the game when I noticed)

But I think I should add that she's the bartender-NPC and that must be her uniform du jour

skin.thumb.JPG.d77afafb68197e3e312bc3be4668780b.JPG

16 hours ago, ColonolNutty said:

Please give me the Names of at least one or two of those animations (Not the author, I'm not going through ALL of their animations to check, just need two individual animation names). I would like to use them to debug the issue.

Hi,

found the problem. @LilMinxieSimsie might also want to check this.

The game has changed the gender of my dog to female, figured that out by checking the actor info. Changed it to male again in cas.fulleditmode, now everything works like a charm.

To show actor info: SHIFT+click on the pet, select Devious Desires..., select "Show actor info"

3 hours ago, 2dk2c.2 said:

This pic, I swear you talked about it, so I think you already know what the solution is, and my apology for not knowing it as well (I'm very tired and was looking for a good place to stop the game when I noticed)

But I think I should add that she's the bartender-NPC and that must be her uniform du jour

Reveal hidden contents

skin.thumb.JPG.d77afafb68197e3e312bc3be4668780b.JPG

I actually haven't added the ability to equip milking apparatuses to DD yet, so that Sim must have generated her outfit and chose that CAS Part. I've seen that occur with many CAS Parts. It is likely because the author of that mod enabled the CAS Part to be "Allowed For Random" in their CAS Part settings. In other words, vanilla Sims 4 is doing that, not DD.

4 hours ago, ColonolNutty said:

I actually haven't added the ability to equip milking apparatuses to DD yet, so that Sim must have generated her outfit and chose that CAS Part. I've seen that occur with many CAS Parts. It is likely because the author of that mod enabled the CAS Part to be "Allowed For Random" in their CAS Part settings. In other words, vanilla Sims 4 is doing that, not DD.

That's nice to know. I didn't mind anything she wore, it's those missing body-parts I wondered about. 

I just got done finally figuring out why penises were the wrong color, then this happened.

I had the mod for milkfarm compatibility, which doubtless needs another mod to help it.

I hope someday I can dump whatever mod that's from because you've incorporated something into your own stuff.

14 minutes ago, ColonolNutty said:

Is this on load? or after awhile? or what?

Usually it happens right as an animation is starting, or ending.  Just now it caused a CTD upon ending a pet animation.  These problems are new.  Just started happening yesterday.

5 hours ago, ColonolNutty said:

New version of DD released (v1.35):
- Maybe fix the crash some of ya'll were having.

Thanks! But the issue is still appears with v1.35, game crashes or freezes at the end of animation sequence.

Also I get this error when loading the game (I do not have Cats & Dogs and Eco Lifestyle DLCs, and Pets option in mod settings is disabled).

Last Module Called: definition_manager.py
Last Function Called: _load_definition_and_tuning
Error message: [manus] Exception while finalizing tuning for <class 'sims4.tuning.instances.DeviousDesires_Leash_Walk_Human_Leash'>. (UnavailablePackSafeResourceError)
Error message: [manus] Exception while finalizing tuning for <class 'sims4.tuning.instances.DeviousDesires_Leash_Walk_Human_Leash_Left_Hand'>. (UnavailablePackSafeResourceError)