On 9/27/2022 at 9:06 AM, Straze said:

Will test by disabling it, if it isn't tied to progression within WT. It would feel like cheating if there were requirements to complete before succeeding. 

Edit; unless I had the wrong setting, it doesn't work/progress stages. Thought it was based on timers but reading your message again makes me think it needs SLSO which I don't use. Is SLSO required for Supply Run?

There's no progression limitation IIRC. It's intended to be an SLSO game - Make the PC cum before the dog cums. Both must cum. The fact that you're not using SLSO means there must be something wrong with forking the code between SLSO/vanilla. Too busy to actually check but I would have assumed that if SLSO is not installed that there simply is no game. You just fuck the dog in public and that's it. 

If using SLSO tips:

Get your arousal up beforehand. SLS 'tease myself' can do that at least. 

Make sure your stamina pool/stamina regen is good. 

edge the dog and give yourself enjoyment. Can't edge the dog too much though or he might not 'finish' before the animation finishes. 

Yea it's tricky. It's meant to be. 

Balance time per stages in SL.

On 9/29/2022 at 8:45 PM, Monoman1 said:

The fact that you're not using SLSO means there must be something wrong with forking the code between SLSO/vanilla.

I see, I don't really want to install SLSO either with the current playthrough because I noticed that SLSO was incompatible with SL Stories when I used them together earlier this year. 
Do focus on whatever you are busy with, I decided to pause my playthrough due to the debuff, and I'd probably restart from the save game right before Belethor's Request if there was a fix (don't want to lose a lot of progression by continuing). 

Something I noticed happening later in the playthrough, is that some action registrate after sex.
For Example; When PC receives Cum in her mouth, the sound + notification (top left) only happens once the animation has ended which is tied to SLS. Normally it would trigger during the last sex animation before it ends, which makes me think it's somehow delayed.
If the check for cumming during Belethor's dog sex is also after the sex ended, maybe it's possible that Wartimes doesn't registrate it because it's somehow delayed as well, making it think that PC didn't 'cum'?

It's just a wild guess based on something I noticed and seemed 'off'. 

57 minutes ago, Straze said:

I see, I don't really want to install SLSO either with the current playthrough because I noticed that SLSO was incompatible with SL Stories when I used them together earlier this year. 

Not sure if this helps but I believe SLSO has an "always cum" option in MCM that basically reverts back to vanilla SL handling of orgasm so you could try installing it and when you're doing SL Stories events enable it, and then disable after. I used it when I had Angrim's Apprentice a while back because that's incompatible with SLSO too and it worked great.

@Monoman1: Great work with this mod, really. I'd enjoyed the original, but felt like it was too short, before you we're basically just dumped back into the SD+ same old, same old.  With your enhancements, it's damn near a masterpiece.  The progression here, and Father's constant demands and changing tastes, keeps it engaging even while you're constantly repeating the same activities.

I know awhile back you were entertaining suggestions for ways to replace or complement the "Mother is Dead" debuff for a scenario where you allow Mother to die. Maybe suggested already, I'm not sure; I don't remember seeing it, and I've been keeping up with this thread fairly regularly, so figured I'd toss it out. Don't know if it's feasible, but would it make sense to extend the "Bad Reputation" effect you apply to Whiterun merchants (once they figure out you're a degenerate slut) out across Skyrim, or at least to the adjacent Holds? Figure the rumor mill churns and word gets out that the spoiled brat adventurer girl from Whiterun couldn't be bothered to take care of her sick mother, maybe the merchants around aren't too interested in doing business with her.

Maybe tie it to the existing "Mother is Dead" cooldown, or maybe even tie it to Hero Fame in each Hold, or something, so it's not really permanent, but would definitely inhibit the player, making it that much more difficult to break away from Father.

Just a thought that occured to me while playing, today, thought I'd toss it out there and see if it was in any way helpful.

Even if you don't come back to updating this mod any time soon (and I sincerely hope you do), it's still my favorite way to play Skyrim, lately, and likely will be for a long time. Thank you for the time and effort you've put into this.

Another thought, to go along with my previous post, maybe as an alternative or as a complement to it: when Mother died, there's a funeral (either with or without a scene to depict it), and the player gets saddled with a huge debt for the funeral expenses--call it 2x the cost of the cure. You have to return to the Priest of Arkay in Whiterun periodically, once a week or so, to make a payment on the debt. If you can't afford the payment, fines are added to increase the debt amount, and maybe you're coerced into a sex act or other humiliation or service.

Could tie into the above; maybe after you've finally paid off the debt, and if your Hero Fame is high enough in a given Hold, then it starts a cooldown on the Mother is Dead debuff and/or the Reputation impact in my previous 

Again, just ideas, because I recalled you weren't happy with what currently happens when Mother dies, and I haven't seen anywhere where you'd found a solution you were happy with. If these ideas help, or spark some inspiration for you, or even help rule out how you want it to play out, great. If not, if they don't fit with how you want the mod to play, or aren't technically feasible, also cool. Just brainstorming, tossing out ideas, thinking of ways to make life more miserable for my imaginary girl.

I think I'm done, now. Take it or leave it, as you please, and thanks again for all your hard work on this mod.

55 minutes ago, Sulrandir said:

Another thought, to go along with my previous post, maybe as an alternative or as a complement to it: when Mother died, there's a funeral (either with or without a scene to depict it), and the player gets saddled with a huge debt for the funeral expenses--call it 2x the cost of the cure. You have to return to the Priest of Arkay in Whiterun periodically, once a week or so, to make a payment on the debt. If you can't afford the payment, fines are added to increase the debt amount, and maybe you're coerced into a sex act or other humiliation or service.

This is a much better idea. Fucking with vendor prices is another variation of a debuff.

8 hours ago, Sulrandir said:

Could tie into the above; maybe after you've finally paid off the debt, and if your Hero Fame is high enough in a given Hold, then it starts a cooldown on the Mother is Dead debuff and/or the Reputation impact in my previous 

Again, just ideas, because I recalled you weren't happy with what currently happens when Mother dies, and I haven't seen anywhere where you'd found a solution you were happy with. If these ideas help, or spark some inspiration for you, or even help rule out how you want it to play out, great. If not, if they don't fit with how you want the mod to play, or aren't technically feasible, also cool. Just brainstorming, tossing out ideas, thinking of ways to make life more miserable for my imaginary girl.

I think I'm done, now. Take it or leave it, as you please, and thanks again for all your hard work on this mod.

7 hours ago, kapibar said:

This is a much better idea. Fucking with vendor prices is another variation of a debuff.

Both idea are great!

9 hours ago, lcewolf said:

Both idea are great!

It's like we discussed earlier - a debuff is the most boring, uncreative punishment you can think of. Nearly everything gives buffs/debuffs, after few hours of gameplay you don't even know what's what and you just plow through this stockpile of effects. Wartimes is rather creative mod, it took a different approach towards same old slavery thing. For me using tired solutions like adding debuffs en masse just waters down the strong core the mod has. So while taking away player's ability to do business in the beginning of the gameplay makes sense, as it serves the narrative of the mod, a prolonged debuff of the same nature would serve no purpose at all, it wouldn't be viewed as a consequence, rather this irritating thing from the mod the player can't even identify. That's why I opt for something that would have lasting and tangible consequences, like the idea I dropped - cutting off PC's good hand. This is something that wasn't done before and you could easily connect a missing (useless) hand with a specific event.

Edited by kapibar
9 hours ago, kapibar said:

a debuff is the most boring, uncreative punishment you can think of. Nearly everything gives buffs/debuffs, after few hours of gameplay you don't even know what's what and you just plow through this stockpile of effects.

@kapibarDon't get me wrong I like the idea of the debuf.

I don't know if you've ever lost a loved one but I can tell you that it leaves a mark and affects your decisions. This is not without consequences.

Being directly responsible for the loss of a loved one leaves a big mark. So it makes sense to put a permanent "Debuf" or temporary at least.

It's the core of the mod! Save Mother and you fail.

@Sulrandir A debt is an interesting approach and an alternative to debuf or an addition with the debuf that could be interesting.

In any case I vaguely remember that monoman1 talked that he wanted to work on his own mod to advance Wartimes. He had to complete the SL Survival aspect before he could work on Wartimes.

This is the case for some licenses that are not completed.

Here's an example. I wouldn't even be surprised to see the freedom license being used to restrict much more aspect like buying food or anything else from different vendors.

Jointly used with Wartimes, I wouldn't be surprised either if with the exception of Belethor and the saleswoman for YPS the others would be restricted in the near future.

There is another exemple with the same license or another since there is no food license.

The addictive aspect of Wartimes that has many flaws. For the moment nothing prevents the player from going to the tavern or the harvested fields and making food and acting behind the Father's back at the exception of Father when you enter in the house. With the functional license the guards may be able to search the PC and confiscate it forcing you to obey.

I would love it very much that when you don't have this License or «a food license» only a few specific people sell you food (Cum bottle...) since you are classified as a "Second Class" citizen or slave.

If not addicted i would mostly pick the option to be able to aquire normal food/drink in the Kennel before be able to have clothing, In any way For my personal taste i would restrict clothing as well even if you have clothing/bikini/magic license. without the Freedom license.

In all case be patient and let him work ^^. I am sure @Monoman1 as already a better idea in all case but just missing time.

4 minutes ago, lcewolf said:

I don't know if you've ever lost a loved one but I can tell you that it leaves a mark and affects your decisions. This is not without consequences.

Being directly responsible for the loss of a loved one leaves a big mark. So it makes sense to put a permanent "Debuf" or temporary at least.

In my age you attend funerals more often than weddings ?. So yeah. But also - as the saying goes - time's a great healer, so realistically the character will get over it. But that's not really the point. In my opinion the thing that irritates me in debuffs is how overused they are. Every other mod slaps a buff/debuff and after some time it loses any meaning. It becomes a mechanic overhaul more than anything else. I know why it's done. Because it's simple. And sure, if that's what the modder wants, it's his/her choice. But from what I gathered from MM1, he would like to implement something more... impactful. In the end it's obviously his decision, but we're here to support the creative process with feedback, so I thought it'd be beneficial to speak my mind.

i think as a consequence of mother dies,

would be a mental breakdown. PC would be focused on his Father cause he is the only one who can care for her and show kind of attention to her.

Something like stockholm symptome.

Funeral costs that the PC have to pay, could be worked off in the prostitution scene inside the player room. This could lead to future the customer home service.

Or player could be sent to other location as hostess. Like go out with customers to a party leading to sex. Or just simple Gangbang partys. 

Another option is to been sent to an farm and used as a breeding mare for horses, borrowed to a giant or orc camp and so on and so on.

this all could lead to the mental breakdown and PC is willing to stay with father forever. because the outside world is far more dangerous.

22 minutes ago, adle said:

i think as a consequence of mother dies,

would be a mental breakdown. PC would be focused on his Father cause he is the only one who can care for her and show kind of attention to her.

There's only one problem - where's the roleplaying? Skyrim is an RPG. The fact that most of us made a masochistic abomination out of it doesn't change this fact. In the end, it should be the player who decides what is the current mental state of PC. Events and parameters are only indicators.

20 minutes ago, kapibar said:

There's only one problem - where's the roleplaying? Skyrim is an RPG. The fact that most of us made a masochistic abomination out of it doesn't change this fact. In the end, it should be the player who decides what is the current mental state of PC. Events and parameters are only indicators.

yeah i understand your point. but i guess at some point there is no free will anymore. As i said, stockholm syndrom

2 hours ago, kapibar said:

For the RPG part I don't want to be abrut but you have more then one chance to get out of the situation.

• You can murder father.
  • You can't leave father and don't come back ( No bounty hunter will hunt you down at least for now)
  • You can find mother and leave and start your adventure.
  • You can also find your uncle and leave.
  • You can find your uncle and «Stay» with him.
  • You can server father then leave when you mother die.
  • You can remain with father refuse to serve him and be sell with Simple Slavery
  • You can be crazy enough to do the whole scenario and still serve your father.

If you character serve father and stay after mother die i think @adle is quite right.

The mod is made as an alternative start for create a very Dark Background for the character. It's your choice to made a masochistic abomination.

It was first made to test all possible SD scenario because there was none when Sanguine D. start.

@pchs create a background story for SD scenario with multiple choice. He was one of the first to put a context at the situation.

Why someone would be crazy enough to remain a slave. Wartimes was the answer.

36 minutes ago, lcewolf said:

For the RPG part I don't want to be abrut but you have more then one chance to get out of the situation.

You forget about one thing. This is still a game, not a life simulator. And even in life people have a free will and can change their life on a spot if they so choose. I know the original purpose of WT, I've been using it almost from the start. But things change and WT evolved beyond SD. And it was actually @pchs himself who pushed the evolution of the mod.

Bu I digressed. My point is the game is supposed to be playable. If we want to go the "no way out" route, I see no point in eternal servitude, so why not go all in and make father simply hang the daughter and make her an undead thrall? This would remove player's input altogether, but since we're already making the game unplayable, there's little point in it being played anyway.

4 hours ago, kapibar said:

In my age you attend funerals more often than weddings ?. So yeah. But also - as the saying goes - time's a great healer, so realistically the character will get over it. But that's not really the point. In my opinion the thing that irritates me in debuffs is how overused they are. Every other mod slaps a buff/debuff and after some time it loses any meaning. It becomes a mechanic overhaul more than anything else. I know why it's done. Because it's simple. And sure, if that's what the modder wants, it's his/her choice. But from what I gathered from MM1, he would like to implement something more... impactful. In the end it's obviously his decision, but we're here to support the creative process with feedback, so I thought it'd be beneficial to speak my mind.

I get what you mean, I just didn't really think of price inflation as a debuff, per se. I see where it does effectively amount to the same thing, I guess.

Like you, I dislike the use of debuffs primarily because they are most commonly reduced HP/MP/SP, reduced Carry Weight, or Reduced Speed. Sometimes you see reduced Speechcraft or Lock picking or some other skills/abilities, but those are the big three. So common, in fact, that I have no less than four mods in my load order right NOW applying debuffs to those three, stacking with each other, making the game nearly unplayable at times.

So, yes, being unable to easily make money by selling the garbage we all seem to obsessively collect while adventuring, being unable to buy new gear because its far too expensive is functionally similar to a debuff in ultimate effect, it wouldn't be something we're really seeing stacking up on other mods' effects.

Further, my thinking was it's already in the scope of the mod's narrative as it exists now. Father's manipulation and effective blackmail throughout the mod's narrative would seem to dovetail into this pretty seamlessly.

Most important to my thinking, though, it would be an effect that would affect roleplaying more than game mechanics insofar as it would make it easier for the player to earn money through prostitution and theft than through adventuring, leading to greater reliance on the Whore License mechanics, and more likely bounties, arrests, and potential tie-ins to Public Whore or various slavery mods. So, the player retains AGENCY, but some paths are easier than others, and there's consequences to manage all around.

Lastly, that the consequence for letting Mother die be FINITE, surmountable. I've got no interest in being saddled with reduced stats or progression hurdles throughout my entire playthrough, personally. So being able to eventually overcome the consequences from the Wartimes starting scenario, being able to eventually overcome the trauma of the PC's past, and still become the Dragonborn, the hero of legend, the savior of Tamriel, was an important factor to the suggestion.

But in the end, like I said, I suggested this just because I remembered the author seeking ideas, and didn't remember seeing anywhere that they'd found a satisfying solution. I had an idea, I shared it, hoping it might help them find that solution, even if only by helping them rule it out as a possibility. I personally think it'd be interesting to play through, but I would also hope any such consequences would be able to toggled and/or scaled, to best suit differing play styles and preferences.

Anyway, I get your point; I hadn't thought of it in that way, and I still don't quite see it the same way you do, but I get where you're coming from. In the end, Monoman's doing the work, and they're going to do what works best in their mind and within their capabilities, and I'm excited to see what comes next, either way.

Modders like debuffs because:

A) Sometimes they're just suitable. Beating/Whipping debuff for example I think is just fine. (If it wasn't for the wonky bethesda implementation trying to kill you all the time)

B) They take FAR less time to make. I can't stress this enough. Not counting cooldowns/triggers/bells and whistles, I can probably bang out a half complicated debuff in 15 mins flat. It's a handy way of tying off loose ends quickly that would otherwise need 100+ hours of work. If I want to create another debt system to an Arkay priest (not saying it's a bad idea but) then I need to code the system, set up dialogues and script fragments and probably play through the system 3 or 4 dozen times (no exaggeration) to polish and iron out the kinks before I get finished. Any subsequent changes to the system mean I really need to go back and play through the entire system again to make sure I didn't pork something up. 

I bang on about this a lot but people that don't create mods really have no idea just how much time things take. 

I'd rather leave in a weak/lame debuff than spend 100s of hours on a system that ultimately doesn't fit. So spending time talking about that system before I start 'cutting the timber', so to speak, is just fine to me. 

As for the idea it's certainly more interesting but...

Regardless of the work involved I'd be a bit concerned that the player will just be saddled with too much debt. I suppose since Mother is gone you wouldn't have to pay her upkeep. So that's either 200 or 50 gold back in your pocket per day depending on whether you've got 'amped at home' Mother or 'sick and away' Mother . Throw on top the added 'rent' system and you're down (up to) another 200 gold per day I think. 

Also it sounds a lot like adding another 'sub-wartimes' on top of vanilla wartimes with systems for debt/sex... WT is a fairly big mod. Duplicating it for another character seems... a little unpalatable/redundant to me even though there might be some interesting situations you could put the player into given that the religious institutions in Skyrim could conceivably have more authority/reach than Father. 

@Monoman1 All valid points, and believe me when I say I do recognize and respect the time and effort that go into creating these features.  Can't say I've built a Skyrim mod, but I do work with scripting other (incredibly boring) applications; even when contending with simple straightforward logic and finite outcomes in a controlled system, it's hours of planning, scripting, and testing.  And woe betide he who didn't plan well enough to consider all potential conditions--then you're back to step one and have to tear down half of what you built to incorporate factors to compensate.  I get it.

As I said earlier, I was brainstorming; I had a thought and shared it.  I figured even if it didn't turn out to fit with what you want to do, it might provide a new perspective to your own thinking, and help you toward a solution.

Okay, so lingering debt is potentially too "weighty," both in scope of work, and in impact to the player, and reads too much like a continuation of, or sequel to, the mod itself.  What about the reputation element?

Currently, Mother dies, and PC is basically sad, so she can't fight monsters real good, and it makes adventuring harder so it's harder for her to get out from under Father (that means two things).  This is accomplished with a debuff, which has all the drawbacks that have already been mentioned (unimaginative, boring, etc.).  To me, the greatest weaknesses of the "debuff" solution are they're invisible--you only know you have a debuff by checking your Magic table--and since everybody's doing it, you potentially already have a stack of other debuffs chewing away your HP/MP/SP, etc., so what's one more?  By the same token, when the debuff eventually runs down and goes away... it was invisible, so, do you even notice?  Is there any sense of accomplishment or relief from having survived through it?

Without entirely new dialog systems, you can't really roleplay a debuff.  But the reputation effect you put into play in Whiterun--even if it is functionally a debuff--gives you a tangible, quantifiable effect that's visible and impactful: I can sell my loot here, but I'll only get a pittance for it.  I can buy some bread, but it'll cost everything I have on me, and I still need to find a way to pay the gate toll to leave the city (assuming you're playing with SLS features).  Point being, it isn't just some Hand of Mod making your character herself less capable, it is the NPCs throughout the world making her life more difficult.

I thought of this also because the reputation system's already there--you did it, it's in play already, so implementation is really a matter of scale (not to diminish or minimize the effort it would take to apply it to other towns or Holds, just the core is there).  It doesn't use any additional dialog; Arcadia just has shit prices when I browse her stock.

And then that reputation hit can either cooldown and end after a long period, like the current debuff, or it could tie to Hero Fame if that made more sense and you felt like engaging in self-flagellation, writing an entire routine to make something simple into something more complicated, just for a little additional shine.

I'd also wondered if it might not be possible to make exceptions to that trading hit based on reputation; maybe the game's Fences aren't affected, and have normal prices, regardless.  They'd require progression through the Thieves' Guild or other quests to unlock access to most of them, but it looks like they do have their own faction which would probably make it a little easier.

Anyway, I get where you're coming from, and I respect it.  I hope you eventually have an ending there that you're satisfied with.  For myself, this idea's caught in my craw, so I think I'm going to try a variation on it, this playthrough, by manually adjusting SLS options to give me a bigger disadvantage when trading, and to make renting a room at an inn cost an exorbitant amount, for whatever period of time seems appropriate to me, and see what kind of trouble I can get my imaginary girl into.

Thanks for reading through, and replying to, my comments, and thanks again for all the work you've done here.

Mod has been working fine so far, but I have a few questions. Let me sum up my progress -

• Barmaid Clothes - Check
  • Slave Heels - Check
  • Mask of Shame - Check
  • Collar Leather Bind - Check
  • Ebonite Cuffs - Check
  • Restrictive Glove - Check
  • Slave Ballet Heels - Check
  • Naked all time - Check
  • BDSM Furniture - Check
  • Aldo Aroused - Check (on 29th of Last Seed)

Currently - 20 days spent on quest through Alternate Start (7th of Hearthfire)

• Father Arousal - Check [Unlocked all options in relieving tension choice]
  • Father Favor - 300+
  • Depravity - 102
  • Submission - 100

Quests

• Hounds - Walk (30G)    /    Bitch (70G but 1 submission and 2 depravity)                                          [Father is still giving this quest]
  • Horse - Groom (30G)   /     Lick (70G)    /    Take (70G but 2 depravity)                                               [Father is still giving this quest]
  • Gathering - Mead     /     Snack    /    Dance     /     Sex                                                                       [Father is still giving this quest]
  • Watch Tower - Cook (30G)     /     Mouth (70G)     /     Take (70G but 2 depravity)                             [Father stopped giving this quest first]
  • Jazeem - Care (30G)     /     Mouth (70G)     /      Take (70G but 2 depravity)                                       [Few days later father has stopped giving this quest as well]

***Note - I have a bug where the Father accepts any amount of money for mother's care as long as it's over 100G (Example - at the moment he's asking for 500 gold but I can get 1 day for 101 coins saving coins for more days as they keep stacking up)

***Note 2 - I have been using the flow chart on the mod's page to get the most out of the mod. I have gone through most of the choices (2000G, brat, SD+, Simple Slavery, Amputated Mother, Uncle, etc ). This playthrough is strictly being a positively reacting slave to father from start to finish without SD+ because of it's different dialogue system. Basically trying to see everything there is to the Wartime mod itself without relying on another slavery mod for being father's slave so would love the answers to adhere to this restriction.

----> This is where I am, any questions I ask are going to be from this point in the the quest

Questions

1. Why has father stopped giving the Guard Tower and Jazeem quests ? (Is he trying to make it harder for me to afford mother's care ?)

2. Why hasn't the quest progressed at all since Aldo Arousal ? (Once again, should I have not been able to afford mother's care at this point ? Is that why I have not made any progress in over a week ?)

3. Father doesn't take off the Mask of Shame. Using the first menu, he replies "How can I help ?" and I get speech points but mask stays locked. Using favors to take off the masks, father replies sure, pc has been good but once again to no luck the mask stays on locked. I get the message, I don't have proper key or that lock is far away from each PC will try again later (and has failed to take it off later for almost 2 weeks now). What should I do ?

Out of Curiousity -

4. What are the Milk Quota, Cum Slut, Cumtainer options in the MCM and why haven't I've gotten those even though it's enabled ?

5. What is the point of the BDSM furniture that has been placed in the house ?

6. Why is there not a third option in the Hounds quest ? Am I missing something or is it supposed to be like that ?

I'd be grateful to anyone who can help me figure out these questions and thanks for the mod it's really good and more in-depth than I initially thought it would be with all it's branching.

7 minutes ago, Tedranorzi said:

Mod has been working fine so far, but I have a few questions. Let me sum up my progress -

• Barmaid Clothes - Check
  • Slave Heels - Check
  • Mask of Shame - Check
  • Collar Leather Bind - Check
  • Ebonite Cuffs - Check
  • Restrictive Glove - Check
  • Slave Ballet Heels - Check
  • Naked all time - Check
  • BDSM Furniture - Check
  • Aldo Aroused - Check (on 29th of Last Seed)

Currently - 20 days spent on quest through Alternate Start (7th of Hearthfire)

• Father Arousal - Check [Unlocked all options in relieving tension choice]
  • Father Favor - 300+
  • Depravity - 102
  • Submission - 100

Quests

• Hounds - Walk (30G)    /    Bitch (70G but 1 submission and 2 depravity)                                          [Father is still giving this quest]
  • Horse - Groom (30G)   /     Lick (70G)    /    Take (70G but 2 depravity)                                               [Father is still giving this quest]
  • Gathering - Mead     /     Snack    /    Dance     /     Sex                                                                       [Father is still giving this quest]
  • Watch Tower - Cook (30G)     /     Mouth (70G)     /     Take (70G but 2 depravity)                             [Father stopped giving this quest first]
  • Jazeem - Care (30G)     /     Mouth (70G)     /      Take (70G but 2 depravity)                                       [Few days later father has stopped giving this quest as well]

***Note - I have a bug where the Father accepts any amount of money for mother's care as long as it's over 100G (Example - at the moment he's asking for 500 gold but I can get 1 day for 101 coins saving coins for more days as they keep stacking up)

***Note 2 - I have been using the flow chart on the mod's page to get the most out of the mod. I have gone through most of the choices (2000G, brat, SD+, Simple Slavery, Amputated Mother, Uncle, etc ). This playthrough is strictly being a positively reacting slave to father from start to finish without SD+ because of it's different dialogue system. Basically trying to see everything there is to the Wartime mod itself without relying on another slavery mod for being father's slave so would love the answers to adhere to this restriction.

----> This is where I am, any questions I ask are going to be from this point in the the quest

Questions

1. Why has father stopped giving the Guard Tower and Jazeem quests ? (Is he trying to make it harder for me to afford mother's care ?)

2. Why hasn't the quest progressed at all since Aldo Arousal ? (Once again, should I have not been able to afford mother's care at this point ? Is that why I have not made any progress in over a week ?)

3. Father doesn't take off the Mask of Shame. Using the first menu, he replies "How can I help ?" and I get speech points but mask stays locked. Using favors to take off the masks, father replies sure, pc has been good but once again to no luck the mask stays on locked. I get the message, I don't have proper key or that lock is far away from each PC will try again later (and has failed to take it off later for almost 2 weeks now). What should I do ?

Out of Curiousity -

4. What are the Milk Quota, Cum Slut, Cumtainer options in the MCM and why haven't I've gotten those even though it's enabled ?

5. What is the point of the BDSM furniture that has been placed in the house ?

6. Why is there not a third option in the Hounds quest ? Am I missing something or is it supposed to be like that ?

I'd be grateful to anyone who can help me figure out these questions and thanks for the mod it's really good and more in-depth than I initially thought it would be with all it's branching.

Forgot to add, father doesn't help with taking off any of the BDSM clothing (even if I used favors for it, it still doesn't work but I do lose the amount of favor used though). If I go to Eorlund, he helps get rid of it but then father constantly get's angry at me for not wearing any of the accessories.

5 hours ago, Monoman1 said:

I bang on about this a lot but people that don't create mods really have no idea just how much time things take.

We know, man. Really. It's obvious it takes a lot of time and effort to do something properly. And I don't suspect anyone will say anything if you decide to go the easy route. Your mod, your decision, we're just some friendly parasites ?.

A) Sometimes they're just suitable. Beating/Whipping debuff for example I think is just fine. (If it wasn't for the wonky bethesda implementation trying to kill you all the time)

By the way - there's this cool mod...

Very fine addition if someone is not feeling punished enough by a debuff (I don't ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ ) that adds an extra layer of pain when player sees those beatiful stats melting.

Edited by kapibar
18 hours ago, Tedranorzi said:
  • Father Favor - 300+
  • Depravity - 102

At first I thought you're not running the tweak because stats are limited to 100. Have been for some time. So 300 favour and 102 depravity should not be possible. Generally suspect something wrong with your install before even getting into bugs. 

Why has father stopped giving the Guard Tower and Jazeem quests ? (Is he trying to make it harder for me to afford mother's care ?)

It's random. Just keep asking.

Why hasn't the quest progressed at all since Aldo Arousal ? (Once again, should I have not been able to afford mother's care at this point ? Is that why I have not made any progress in over a week ?)

If you mean father has not force greeted in a week then see above. If not then probably you've progressed as far as you can as a submissive slave. 

Father doesn't take off the Mask of Shame. Using the first menu, he replies "How can I help ?" and I get speech points but mask stays locked. Using favors to take off the masks, father replies sure, pc has been good but once again to no luck the mask stays on locked. I get the message, I don't have proper key or that lock is far away from each PC will try again later (and has failed to take it off later for almost 2 weeks now). What should I do ?

Some people get this I don't know why. Suspect either incorrect installed DD or some other mod overriding DD script files. Has never not worked for me. 

What are the Milk Quota

Requires MME

Cum Slut, Cumtainer options in the MCM and why haven't I've gotten those even though it's enabled ?

Requires SLS.

What is the point of the BDSM furniture that has been placed in the house ?

Are sometimes used as a punishment. Also PC can voluntarily spend time in them for favour. 

Why is there not a third option in the Hounds quest ? Am I missing something or is it supposed to be like that ?

Dunno. Don't bother with those side quests much due to how much gold they pay out and the fact that you're fucking a dog/horse in broad daylight in public without any kind of build up never sat right with me. 

17 hours ago, kapibar said:

Very fine addition

Been meaning to try it... whenever I actually get to play the game. Sometime circa 2023 maybe ?

18 hours ago, Sulrandir said:

To me, the greatest weaknesses of the "debuff"

Agree 100%

I thought of this also because the reputation system's already there

While that's true, there's a dilemma. Some of my mods already have a soft dependency with SL Sex Fame. Reputation mod. Ideally reputation type stuff would be handled through it so that everything is centralized. But:

1. I don't think SLSF has a 'villain' or 'scum' type fame that WT kind of needs to fit the PCs 'sin'. 

2. Even if it did, SLSF could never really be more than a soft dependency meaning I couldn't depend on it being installed. Which would mean yet another fork of coding/mechanics between people that do have it installed and people that don't. 

3. I think SLSF is unmaintained unfortunately. 

4. I'm not massively familiar with how SLSF works. 

These points are just a bit too irreconcilably to me right now. 

or it could tie to Hero Fame

You keep mentioning this but I don't know exactly what you're referring to. You mean when you become thane of whiterun for example?

Been meaning to try it... whenever I actually get to play the game. Sometime circa 2023 maybe ?

WT & SLS release date confirmed!

Punishing Lashes has two cool featues - first is decreasing stats (much more punishing than your average debuff) and the second one is applying injury slave tats, which makes whipping a lot more immersive. Unfortunately it doesn't exactly go well with WT for a simple reason - the beatings are too short, and the stat reduction is applied after few seconds of punishment. So if you ever have a chance to test out PL, you might want to consider increasing the time of father's punishment, or at least in case of whipping make it say 1 minute event that reduces health to defined minimum instead of applying damage to each stroke.

Edited by kapibar