Looking for a little help, really just trying to get Slaverun 3.0 beta1 to work with this. When enabled in the options, the auction completes and I am transported to Whiterun. There I get the message about waking up next to a cage, and my character will be forced to walk toward the slave masters, however they never initiate dialog. Anyone seen this?

Hello,

Can someone recommend any SIMPLE defeat type of mod which sends you to this mod ?

Sexlab Defeat and Death Alternative, got impression they are problematic, also to many functions which I absolutely don't need(can disable some, but who knows which scripts still run and maybe breaking something...)

47 minutes ago, Artful Dodger said:

Hello,

Can someone recommend any SIMPLE defeat type of mod which sends you to this mod ?

Sexlab Defeat and Death Alternative, got impression they are problematic, also to many functions which I absolutely don't need(can disable some, but who knows which scripts still run and maybe breaking something...)

Death Alternative has always worked just fine for me. I've never understood the complaints. But if you don't want that, maybe try Ashes with this patch: https://www.loverslab.com/topic/159555-ashes-simple-slavery-patch/

• 2 weeks later...

It could be useful to have Simple Slavery send a mod event when the auction is complete and control is being handed off to an enslavement mod.  (Mods that want to know about the start of the process, when the player arrives in the cell, can register for the existing "SSLV Entry" event).

Mods that care about the player becoming enslaved could then respond as needed.  The end event can have a string argument identifying the outcome, since mods might want to handle some outcomes differently.

Any thoughts on this?

12 hours ago, HexBolt8 said:

It could be useful to have Simple Slavery send a mod event when the auction is complete and control is being handed off to an enslavement mod.  (Mods that want to know about the start of the process, when the player arrives in the cell, can register for the existing "SSLV Entry" event).

Mods that care about the player becoming enslaved could then respond as needed.  The end event can have a string argument identifying the outcome, since mods might want to handle some outcomes differently.

Any thoughts on this?

totally love this idea IF it can be done properly though and without any real conflicts. also depends on how hard it would be to make it work. any ideas which mods you're thinking of doing this with ? i'd assume it would need to be mods which are currently actively updated and / or supported ?

17 minutes ago, YojimboRatchet said:

totally love this idea IF it can be done properly though and without any real conflicts. also depends on how hard it would be to make it work. any ideas which mods you're thinking of doing this with ? i'd assume it would need to be mods which are currently actively updated and / or supported ?

That would really be up to the other mods' authors (who would, indeed, need to be active). If I understand this correctly, it would just be something SS offers to other mods - it would be up to them to use it.

As @jfraser said, SS would just send a mod event.  Any mod author who can make use of that event can choose to listen for it and respond appropriately.

For example, Loansharks of Skyrim (not being worked on, but still) really should cancel the debt when you get enslaved so that it doesn't try to send you to SS again when you're already enslaved, disrupting the enslavement mod that you got sent to.  Unless, that is, the enslavement mod is a "soft" kind that might allow it, or you had nothing enabled and got freed, or you were wearing a quest restraint and got freed.  That's where knowing the auction result could be useful, if a mod wants to get into handling different outcomes.

totally get it. a shame that so many mods are "forgotten" so to speak. i am finding though lately that, there is something missing. we have mods which can be called to send the PC to, we have mods which will send the PC to SS, and we have SS which is the bridge. SS is like the main junction to a large network of possible outcomes. what we don't have in any of these scenes is the middle. in every case, the PC is automatically poofed from point A to Point B (SS), or from point B (SS) to Point A. it's missing that "how did the PC get there" part, which in itself could be so much fun and more immersive. it could really enhance the SS experience. like a "bridge" for the Bridge so to speak lol.

of course, i have no idea if anything like could even be possible to make, or even how much work would be involved in creating such a thing. but if it could be possible to create, i can easily see it as an amazing way to enhance SS totally.

1 hour ago, YojimboRatchet said:

totally get it. a shame that so many mods are "forgotten" so to speak. i am finding though lately that, there is something missing. we have mods which can be called to send the PC to, we have mods which will send the PC to SS, and we have SS which is the bridge. SS is like the main junction to a large network of possible outcomes. what we don't have in any of these scenes is the middle. in every case, the PC is automatically poofed from point A to Point B (SS), or from point B (SS) to Point A. it's missing that "how did the PC get there" part, which in itself could be so much fun and more immersive. it could really enhance the SS experience. like a "bridge" for the Bridge so to speak lol.

of course, i have no idea if anything like could even be possible to make, or even how much work would be involved in creating such a thing. but if it could be possible to create, i can easily see it as an amazing way to enhance SS totally.

SS had that with it's connection to Devious Framework. You got defeated, the person who defeated you tied and leashed you and dragged you to Riften, where you were put in the cage for SS. Unfortunately, it was a bit unstable and the coding was so beyond me that it made it hard for me to maintain it. I ultimately ended up splitting SS into DF and non-DF versions, right before I stopped working on it at all. legume was really amazing.

7 hours ago, nugget117 said:

@HexBolt8 Hey mate just looking to see if you could fix an issue with the SE version. It seems that the MCM menu doesn't register the S.L.U.T.S version for SE.

SLUTS Resume (the new name) is substantially different from the old version of the mod, SLUTS Redux.

For example, the ESP filename was changed from S_L_U_T_S.esp to SLUTS.esp. That could break soft integration between mods.

In this comment, @Scrab said the following:

> Resume doesnt seem to get affected threw simple slavery right now

Thats on Hexbolt to fix

SS Integration in Resume should be working (with a few oddities perhaps cause I obvsly couldnt test it), having SS sending the Player to SLUTS is on Hexbolt, not me

The same goes for every other mod that wants to use Sluts.

Testing for the presence of a mod by its file name is a simplistic approach that I try to avoid.  As we've seen here and with other mods, when when a mod gets a new incarnation it sometimes also gets a new file name.  So the new name for the esp file is okay.  SS tests for the existence of a key quest, since it's unlikely that a new author will delete existing ones, especially an important one.  But that happened here.  Scrab did communicate that change to me, but somehow I missed the message or read it quickly and forgot about it.  I just have to change the test to look for a different SLUTS quest.

@HexBolt8 From having looked at your Submissive Lola: The Resubmission and the use of Devious Followers - Continued (willpower statistic) or Submissive Lola: The Resubmission (submission), I was wondering whether through a soft-dependency the Simple Slavery++ could be altered, to select different descriptive messages based on willpower (or submission - Submissive Lola). Especially the ones mentioning your resistance having not been broken, versus a potentially different message if you have.

Or alternatively this mod could utilise a numerical value (also exposed via mod event) which defines how broken an target is (e.g. potential slave to slave), which would do the above; providing more appropriate descriptive messages.

8 minutes ago, KLongad Sirtup said:

I was wondering whether through a soft-dependency the Simple Slavery++ could be altered, to select different descriptive messages based on willpower (or submission - Submissive Lola). Especially the ones mentioning your resistance having not been broken, versus a potentially different message if you have.

At this time there's only a 1-in-10 chance of getting a message that's remotely defiant, and that one is simply silently vowing revenge, so the descriptions are fairly consistent.  And regardless of how much of a tough guy you might have been, being sold naked on a platform as property in a hall full of strangers would likely squash that attitude.

Version 6.3.5

New:  An "SSLV Exit" mod event is now sent at the end of the auction, for any mod authors who might want to be notified when the auction ends and what the outcome was.  Details are on the mod description page.  If you own an enslavement mod, no action is needed.

New:  The MCM has a new System page.

New:  An "Enslave me now!" button on the System page will send you to the slave market by sending the "SSLV Entry" mod event, just as if you'd been sent there by a defeat mod.  Useful for testing, or if you want to get enslaved fast.

Changed:  The "SLUTS Resume" mod is now detected.

Changed:  The "Rescan for mod auctions" button is now on the System page.

Changed:  Player controls are disabled during the auction, to hide the prompt to open the platform gate.

Removed:  SS+ introduced functionality to constantly monitor the player if the player was freed from the auction for wearing quest or blocking devices.  If all such devices were ever removed (such as by completing the relevant quest), the player would be pulled back to the auction, which could have unwanted effects and disrupt the game.  It's been removed.

1 hour ago, HexBolt8 said:

Grammar fixes for use of "there" for "their" and "your" for "you're".

Please tell me these weren't from the original auctions. I'm horrendously pedantic about grammar - I would be very ashamed if those came from me.

An example of how the new SSL Exit event can be used.

Spoiler

For "Submissive Lola: The Resubmission", I made these changes:

On "SSLV Entry", the mod (Sub Lola) suspends all rule enforcement, so the player doesn't get punished when the slave collar that must always be worn is removed.  Players could do that manually with a "suspend" button on the mod's MCM, but this is much more convenient.  The player's master is moved to the COC marker in the back of the slave market and made to wait (vanilla follower wait functionality).  That keeps the follower out of the way.

On "SSLV Exit", if the outcome is "Lola" or "Freed", the mod resumes rule enforcement and the master is made to stop waiting.  For any other outcome, any tasks that the master had given the player are stopped (so the player isn't penalized for taking too long), and the player is notified that the master will be waiting in the slave market.

The assumption is that enslavement to another mod will keep the player occupied for a few days, after which the player can go rejoin the master and un-suspend the mod.  However, Sub Lola could have looked at the outcome and decided that, for instance, an SD+ outcome means the player has a new master now so Sub Lola should end its enslavement and shut down, whereas if the outcome is SLUTS the player is merely indentured and will be done in a day or two.

As I think about it, if the outcome is Devious Followers, players often use both mods together (usually with a second follower), so Sub Lola really should have the master stop waiting, rejoin the player, and resume enforcing Sub Lola's rules.

Awesome!! Thank You for this !

I like the fact that my character can "accidentally" get sold on the slave market. Sometimes though I may be in the middle of a quest, and so I set it not to start a slave mod, but just getting set free is kinda lame. Wish there were a Mod that the Npc that buys you, only did so to have sex with you a few times as payment, and then sets you free. So I can get back to questing... :)

1 hour ago, Terrafide said:

Awesome!! Thank You for this !

I like the fact that my character can "accidentally" get sold on the slave market. Sometimes though I may be in the middle of a quest, and so I set it not to start a slave mod, but just getting set free is kinda lame. Wish there were a Mod that the Npc that buys you, only did so to have sex with you a few times as payment, and then sets you free. So I can get back to questing... :)

You could use submissive lola for that