Guest AthenaESIV

Hey Hexbolt, would it be possible to have a forcegreet inside the market that has several scenarios where the PC is put up for auction?

Maybe having a bounty over X, they do the I know you and there is a dialog - maybe even include a persuasion option where for a blowjob he lets her go?

Another scenario might be having different NPCs offer different rewards for volunteering (the market is slow and they want to make things interesting)... Say a map marker for a treasure if they volunteer.

Does anything interesting happen there if you go with a Submissive Lola follower? 

In general this room could be one of the most interesting rooms in the game imo, tons of possibilities

4 minutes ago, AthenaESIV said:

Hey Hexbolt, would it be possible to have a forcegreet inside the market that has several scenarios where the PC is put up for auction?

I think it's best not to complicate the mod with too much extra stuff.  There is the dialog option with the auctioneer to force-start an auction, but that's mainly for testing or if a player just wants to jump right into an enslavement outcome.  That said, the hall is interesting and it can be used as a stage, which leads to this:

7 minutes ago, AthenaESIV said:

Does anything interesting happen there if you go with a Submissive Lola follower? 

Yes, the Trophy Slave event in Submissive Lola: The Resubmission has you accompany your owner on a visit to the slave market.  You get stripped and displayed on the auction platform while your owner carries on a conversation with the bidders before eventually freeing you.  This was done as an entirely soft dependence on SS++ (it even works with SS+ and classic SS).

• 2 weeks later...
48 minutes ago, snorp69 said:

I would love a live another life mod that dropped straight into the auction.

You can do that yourself if you don't mind a little cheating:

LAL start.

coc SSLVMarket

Talk to Auctioneer and ask for a "pretend" action.

Real auction --> enslavement.

2 hours ago, HexBolt8 said:

LAL start.

coc SSLVMarket

Yup, I usually start as a drunk in the bee and barb to skip the coc. 

12 hours ago, snorp69 said:

I would love a live another life mod that dropped straight into the auction.

11 hours ago, HexBolt8 said:

LAL start.

coc SSLVMarket

8 hours ago, snorp69 said:

Yup, I usually start as a drunk in the bee and barb to skip the coc. 

I believe Content Consumer added this to 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey hexbolt, I have gotten sick of making my own little patches for Simple Slavery to have custom outcomes, so I decided to add mod support myself. I just modified the sslv_configscr.psc and sslv_mainscr.psc scripts, and added a new script sslv_BaseAuction.psc. I have not changed the esp at all, meaning it should be compatible with both versions of skyrim. All that has to be done is for a modder to extend the BaseAuction script and attach it to a Player ReferenceAlias on a quest. I was just wondering if you would want to add this to your mod. There may still be a few minor bugs, but I am pretty sure I have rooted most of them out.

9 hours ago, cybercheese said:

Hey hexbolt, I have gotten sick of making my own little patches for Simple Slavery to have custom outcomes, so I decided to add mod support myself. I just modified the sslv_configscr.psc and sslv_mainscr.psc scripts, and added a new script sslv_BaseAuction.psc. I have not changed the esp at all, meaning it should be compatible with both versions of skyrim. All that has to be done is for a modder to extend the BaseAuction script and attach it to a Player ReferenceAlias on a quest. I was just wondering if you would want to add this to your mod. There may still be a few minor bugs, but I am pretty sure I have rooted most of them out.

sslv_configscr.psc 22.68 kB · 0 downloads sslv_BaseAuction.psc 831 B · 0 downloads sslv_mainscr.psc 42.56 kB · 0 downloads

what do these patches do ? any examples ?

5 hours ago, YojimboRatchet said:

what do these patches do ? any examples ?

They don't do anything on their own, they are a modders resource. Lets say you were making a slavery mod and wanted a custom outcome for simple slavery. Instead of having to have hexbolt change the scripts in his mod each time, you can just extend a script and have your custom outcome. This isn't something that I suggest that everyone downloads, but it would be something nice to have integrated in the mod.

For an example I have attached a simple mod for Special Edition that just gives the player a messagebox on enslavement. All there is in the mod is a single script and a quest. If you want to you can take a look in either the Creation Kit or SSEEdit.

I also noticed a small bug and fixed it, so I updated the scripts in my last post.

SSExtensionTest.7z

14 hours ago, cybercheese said:

I have gotten sick of making my own little patches for Simple Slavery to have custom outcomes, so I decided to add mod support myself. I just modified the sslv_configscr.psc and sslv_mainscr.psc scripts, and added a new script sslv_BaseAuction.psc. I have not changed the esp at all, meaning it should be compatible with both versions of skyrim. All that has to be done is for a modder to extend the BaseAuction script and attach it to a Player ReferenceAlias on a quest. I was just wondering if you would want to add this to your mod. There may still be a few minor bugs, but I am pretty sure I have rooted most of them out.

I'm in favor of flexibility, but I'm thinking that the average player will read "All that has to be done is for a modder to extend the BaseAuction script and attach it to a Player ReferenceAlias on a quest" and his eyes will glaze over.  Is there a simpler way to trigger a custom OnEnslave() event?  If the mod had a few blank custom events built in, a player could edit one script and be done.  It wouldn't be open-ended, but it might be more accessible.  I'm just trying to figure out the target audience for your additions and trying to understand.

What was your reasoning for removing plug stripping?

What was the purpose for removing the check for the quest MariaMain?  Is it no longer used?  Is it redundant?  I haven't used Maria Eden so I don't know.  It's mainly curiosity, since at present this outcome does nothing.

8 minutes ago, HexBolt8 said:

Is there a simpler way to trigger a custom OnEnslave() event?

To give flexibility you need to send a good amount of information back and forth between mods. The only other way would be a bunch of mod events, which can be annoying.

What was your reasoning for removing plug stripping?

and

What was the purpose for removing the check for the quest MariaMain?

I did not intentionally remove anything. My best guess is that these were not included in the SSE version of the scripts. If I have made a mistake, then I can fix it.

2 minutes ago, cybercheese said:

I did not intentionally remove anything. My best guess is that these were not included in the SSE version of the scripts. If I have made a mistake, then I can fix it.

Okay.  I was just doing a difference on the source.  I might have had those changes on my end in preparation for a future release, and then forgot I'd done it.  It's been a while.  I'll have to go check what I did.

I'll look at adding your changes.  It might only benefit a small fraction of the player pool, but it's not hurting anything.

I'm sorry if some of the things seem over complicated, but I was trying to make the system as robust as possible. You don't need to include Simple Slavery plus plus as a master, It allows for you to tell Simple Slavery that the player can or can not be enslaved at any given moment, and you don't need to change any of the Simple Slavery scripts to allow for future compatibility. 

I also did reupload the scripts because there was a bug, if you have already downloaded them.

But thanks for taking the time to at least look the scripts over. I appreciate it.

3 hours ago, cybercheese said:

But thanks for taking the time to at least look the scripts over. I appreciate it.

I got your newer uploads.  I merged them into the base scripts.  The two differences I noted earlier turned out to be my edits.  I should have checked that before asking you about the differences.  I made a few cosmetic changes.  I added a clarification to the pop-up message that if the player has not provided any custom scripts, there won't be a notification after rescanning.  (You know that someone will click that button to see what happens, because there's always that guy.)  I added info text for the rescan option to explain what it is.  I tested an auction with no custom scripts and verified that things still work as before.

You should probably delete those 3 files now, or someone will try to install them on top of the new version.