17 hours ago, Scrab said:

You are locked in that gag for .. at least 2 or 3 days 

Once this time is over your follower should tell you something about "I unlock you once I got some rest" from time to time (its idle talk)

This is controlled by the mental variable, which.. I think it scales with no limit. Might set one for Alpha 2.. prbly going to set one for Alpha 2.. anyway

Mental is decreased by 2 for each hour of sleep or through specific events 

Im going to check on the idle talk and Im going to add another follower reaction when you speak to them also explaining this

You just need to sleep.. or you could also.. you know.. not sleep and take things into your own hands. There are other ways to be a rebel than dialogue

Damn 2-3 days seems a little bit to long tbh, let's say:

-few hours like 5 without disturbing follower.

-each time player will try to talk to follower before then follower will add another 5 hours 

Also would love to see some kind of deals like player need gag or any other restraint to be removed right now so we can make a deal with follower and he will take if off for while like 2 ingame hours a lock it back for 10 hours for example. 

This looks really awesome. Thank you very much for working on this. I feel like this mod could really fill a huge gap in the current mod base because virtually no mods I've found address the loving / playful angle (perhaps I've missed some). Having said that I would like to put forward a request, if I may. If you add content that is not loving / playful (e.g. very strong verbal abuse or physical abuse like that which is common in other similar mods), please make it so that type of content can be disabled. I personally strongly dislike those forms of interaction and not being able to disable that content would ruin the mod for me.

On 6/10/2020 at 8:24 PM, girmrad said:

This looks really awesome. Thank you very much for working on this. I feel like this mod could really fill a huge gap in the current mod base because virtually no mods I've found address the loving / playful angle (perhaps I've missed some). Having said that I would like to put forward a request, if I may. If you add content that is not loving / playful (e.g. very strong verbal abuse or physical abuse like that which is common in other similar mods), please make it so that type of content can be disabled. I personally strongly dislike those forms of interaction and not being able to disable that content would ruin the mod for me.

I dont think I can really go with your idea of what should be possible to disable

You see, my intent with this mod is to allow followers to be somewhat more human. Not just walking after you, carrying your stuff and tanking dragons and other mobs

Im not aiming at making this some hardcore slavery mod like SD+ or DF but due to using submission as the core exposition for content and how things are currently, Im not going to completly avoid verbal or physical - non concensual - abuse. This is due to how I define this "more human" in this context

Your follower can be mad and if they are mad, they are going to do things that arent exactly playful

I could be argued with that your position towards the follower doesnt influence the way they talk to you, meaning being very submissive isnt enough to allow very harsh verbal abuse or so but things like this:

"A slave attacking its owner. Very cute.. now how should we punish you for your lack in obedience?"

"But of course you are dummy! Youre even wearing a collar just to show the world that you are owned!"

are already part of this mod. (This triggers in a very submissive position only)

I also recommend reading Zeogreys "How to write a sociopath" on the 1st page as a basic lead on how I want to design this personality

I personally agree with the playful side of the follower, althrough some harsh things may be fun too (as long as it doesnt break quest or the adventure itself like punishments in dungeons etc.)

Anyway, if you plan is to make a sociopath (which is a quite rare pathology, thanks god >_>), do you plan of making it a framework or a follower-based mod?

Cons of making it a framework would include that some times, followers may be unable to win a fight without the PC and If the PC has her arms tied up, the fight would be really unfair.
(just ideas.)
Instead, a heavily buffed follower may break things as (s)he would be too powerful for basic stuff / low level

Or maybe don't tie up PC's hands in fights? I find it quite frustratingly fun when you have to let others fight for you :D
---

Anyway, if you need anything from more ideas to leads or even event writing, i may help you, just PM !

1 hour ago, Zeogrey said:

do you plan of making it a framework or a follower-based mod?

Not sure if I can follow

The follower needed to get things going isnt provided by me. The entire system is build to work with any (generic) follower 

Im not planing on having you clear a dungeon with bount wirsts or a hobble dress.. or at least not with no clear idea on why you should have your hands tied.. ever

The idea is to play the game however you want to play it, there might be a few quests that force you to take a quick break or something but "I feel like tying you up for the entirety of the day. Just because I want it. What was that? We are clearing a dungeon? I dont care, I do it anyway. Just because" wont be part of this mod anytime soon

If I ever introduce a long time wrist-restraints interaction, it will be scripted so that you can take those restraints off whenever you enter a dungeon or hideout .. or that those restraints are made out of some magical goo that deforms itself into something less restricting whenever you enter a dangerous location. You might end up running away from a wild wolfs.. maybe a wild dragon even but beyond that Im not planing on having your follower doing all the fighting stuff

Ideas, from simple leads to fleshed out event interactions are exactly what I need to get this mod out of Alpha into beta or even a release

I cant really get content in by just doing some QoL changes and fixing flaws

All I have for an Alpha2 right now is an overhauled MCM, some changes to the gagged punishment that Jappa mentioned and some other improvements to the Key holder dialogue.. and an entry for a collar quest.. 

Leads Ive got would be stealing keys from you, i dont know how to enter this interaction tho and a basic deal system:

"Can I talk to you real quick even tho Im not allowed to talk to you, you can do something else to me if you want too!" > "Alright but for it I want you to......" (Grab something out of a pool of consequences and there you go)

I lack an idea on what should be inside that pool and how to punish the player if they dont come by.. Maybe no punishment at all and it should be your goal to  escape it? Maybe some pretty nasty custom devices with special effects? But what special effects? The more I think about it the more questions pop up and I dont seem to get any closer to a solution

Oh and people want more sex.. 

..and an entry into player as slaver which currently lacks content to support

Go on step by step ^^.

First, the pool of consequences, should it be based on the player/follower level system i proposed in the "how to write a sociopath" system?

If so, theres 3 stages, each stages may come with their owh pool of consequences, as it depend on how much the follower have control over the PC, and how much the PC is willing to accept her fate.
I think you need to have this kind of structure first.

If i can suggest, add a fourth one with a light relationship system when the PC seduces the follower, or the follower seduces the PC, with a little cute consensual bondage maybe? (with rope items?)

(It may be less roleplay-ish, but i suggest asking the player if they want to go further or not)

The sex will i believe come naturally, with no urges.

If the player really want to be the dom, which is cool too (i love the idea of doing all of these things to your beloved follower :3 ) you may have to revert (rewrite?) the events with the PC as the dom. Why wouldnt the PC become insane-ish too? She may discover she really like to put her follower in bad situations...

Talking about insane things, Sheogorath may be involved, don't you think? I don't know.
Just following my thought :

Spoiler

If you really want to make a PC / Follower a sociopath without sacrifying the coherence, one may be blessed by sheogorath with a cursed item (uh, uh DLC ._. ) that slowly drive her to madness
(Well in fact that may be Sanguine's role too because if involves sexual content, but whatever. <_<)

13 hours ago, Zeogrey said:

If so, theres 3 stages, each stages may come with their owh pool of consequences, as it depend on how much the follower have control over the PC, and how much the PC is willing to accept her fate.
I think you need to have this kind of structure first.

v Internal structure of this mod. (Some might not want to read about this if theyre just want to play the mod so I put it in a spoiler)

Spoiler

The mod is structured by a point system divided into 3 segments

The system scales from 0 to 1k (altough I might reduce that at one point)

The 1st segment goes from 0 to 150

The 2nd segments from 150 to 400

The 3rd Segment from 400 to 1k

Theres also a segment further defining the 2nd, reaching from 250 to 400. This isnt respected by all interactions but some things might be too drastic to introduce at 150 points but too harmless/basic for 400

A player in a dominant position will take place when points go below 0. I dont want to define the players personality, meaning the question here is less how to write the player as a sociopath but rather how would a follower with this theme react when in a submissive position

Points are gained and lost with interactions. E.g. having your follower unequip a device gains 15 points, being raped gains 30 points, your follower being raped makes you lose 30 points, rebeling against your follower makes you lose 30 points

Some of the events that I make for the dominant follower will be mirrored for when the player is in a dominant position. I cant do things like the My Cut quest for the follower as the follower doesnt do things themselfs to get gold but most others that work will be mirrored over time but for this, I need to have a decent collection of events first

This system was one of the first steps when starting to make this mod and your idea fits quite nicely into this structure and thus could give it some more identity and some sort of goal without having to redo everything. Thats why I like it so much

Theres also a 2nd and a 3rd variable. One being your own "resistance" (Tiredness) and the other your followers stress level. Latter further divides those segments but isnt defining. Tiredness is only used as a condition for some events

This mod isnt designed around consent per se. Rebeling would be kind of stupid if the follower just asks you "Are you okay with this" every time

You give your consent by not rebelling - not by agreeing to something. If you dont say "stop" or do something against your followers actions, your follower wont stop

Basically, if your follower steals all your clothes and you dont bother about talking with them about it and just go with being nude, youre basically submitting to your followers wishes. Theres no asking if youre okay with this, youre supposed to react to this yourself and this is how I want to define "consent" for the most part

The other way of "consent" would be deals. You have an option A which you dont want and an option B which you also dont want, you can either give your consent to your followers option B or you keep going with option A, not submitting to your follower but also not getting what you want from them

Someone proposed something about challenges, those might be intresting as a sort of consent. But I would call them bets rather than challenges. "Can you clear this dungeon with [something random from a handicap pool]?" If you succed, you gain dominance over your follower if you fail, your follower gains something from you. Usually submission but maybe also a forced deal or something minor like.. an item of worth from your inventory(?)

What handicaps might be a bit rough as depending on your build they would most likely be annoying at most but never really hard

Getting into a dominant position yourself is about not allowing your follower to get what they want. Keep winning bets, deny proposed deals and rebel against random events. Doing this often enough gets you into a position where you can do the same to your follower

Sorry, this is a LONG post....

I've read this with real interest, because I liked your opening description:

"Joyful Followers is a mod with the goal to give your followers more live. Having them interact with you and your surroundings in ... pretty much any way you can and cant imagine."

But after this lovely line, we seem to be getting yet another bondage / lock-up / slave mod. There are so many of those around I find the thought of yet another DD mod depressing.

Joyful? Take a look at the mod "Mia's Lair", or "Sex Slaves" ( https://www.loverslab.com/files/file/5851-love-slaves/ ) That sort of thing is what came to my mind when you suggested 'joyful'.  If you ignore the home base and the 'dominant Andrew' part of this mod you (the player) gets two women (Sasha and Jenny) who love to support the player in a joyful way. They have many supporting lines for the player. There is also a Labia Exciter...hmmm...  

@Zeogray had a good point. "Well i'm more into kindness than rape/force things. I prefer consensual stuff."

So, here are my thoughts (and it is my opinion only!)

1. How about basing it on Flower Girls (https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/5941 ) animations and structures? Flower Girls Amorous Adventures is good, too. For your BDSM element, look at Flower Girls Subdue and BDSM elements. Flower Girls has better animations than Sexlab's original ones.

2. Flower Girls Amorous Adventures helps make followers (reaching 4=Lover on the faction scale) actual lovers. But the player has to seduce the follower with gems. Once the follower is a lover there are many advantages.

3. You could add:  coming back home to a greeting (hug, kiss). Perhaps add the DovahKiss mod ( https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/29620  )  animation (if the author will permit).

4. You could add your follower bathing the player (not sure where that animation would come from).

See "Keep it Clean" ( https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/17846 )  and "Bathing in Skyrim" (https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/23730 ) and Super Simple Bathing (https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/3758 ) mods.

5. Your follower leads the player to bed (Go To Bed mod https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/4224 ) and has sex. See also "Double Beds are for Two People" which is no longer available but some people will have a copy for you to review.

6. Morning hugs and kisses. (Vanilla hug etc)

7. Other random intimate interactions during the day.  There are some good animated idles in GSPoses ( https://www.loverslab.com/files/file/8148-gsposes-slal/  ) that could be used as paired animations (with the author's permission) if someone can help you with that. It would require scripting. You could add cuddles, sexual taunting (follower exposes backside and beckons to player, etc).

8. Use CVR voices mods (https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/20988 ) and ( https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/29227 ) , the release of all the "Young Eager" voices lines ( https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/35613 ) to make additional random follower comments while in towns and on adventures such as "I love you" and other supportive (sexy) comments...   "love you so much, I don't want to ever let you go" and "You're mine." 

9. Dancing - there are a number of good dancing mods. TDF Aggressive Prostition has dancing. There is "Dance for Me" (https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/29512 ) .
  the Kinky Club mod (https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/28917)  has many good ideas. 

Now, for the other elements:

You say "being a rebel does nothing right now. I mean it does things but it leads to nothing. I want to add something if you succefully revolt against your follower, this is prbly the biggest thing on this list"

Why rebel against a follower? Isn't a follower more likely to rebel against you, the boss and player?

Some non BDSM suggestions:

1. rather than "rebel" using BDSM and lock ups, how about starting with arguments and fights? 

2. Follower attacks you in anger - the Evangeline Follower mod (https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/8201 ) has Evangeline throwing an ice spike at the player when she gets angry. It was quite a shock when it happened! So your followers can get angry, throw things at you (magic ice, knife, kettle, box), and fight with you. But, of course, make up and become friendly after. You can use the vanilla Brawl, but player reaction is to (vanilla) flee, crouch until the follower stops hitting.

3. If follower gets REALLY angry, he/she will lock you up. (BDSM element). but will relent later, when no longer angry. (See 9 below).

4. drinking contests - your follower challenges you to a drinking contest.

5. Food fight.

6. Pillow fight (I have no idea if this is possible).

7. Follower angrily storms out of the house and slams door - gone for 24 in-game hours. Follower will return after cooling down and there is a sexy reunion when back. (Use the vanilla 'Follower Leaves' but add a couple of voiced lines).

8. "flogging (require whip in follower inventory which can be also stolen)
You said: "No clue where to get the resources for this (or animations in general) btw."
- Paradise Halls Mod ( https://www.loverslab.com/files/file/6305-paradise-halls-enhanced-pahe-special-edition-with-the-customary-addons/  )  has this whip function and animations.

9. Let's get extreme here! Your follower is SO ANGRY she sells the player into slavery. This would require the Simple Slavery mod (https://www.loverslab.com/topic/104166-simple-slavery-plus-se/page/8/ see post 178 for SSE edition)  where the player will end up in the slavery auction. If the follower does not buy you back, you end up in Cidna Mine and need to escape (using the vanilla Escape from Cidna Mine - but with the quest removed).

I think you have the basis of an outstanding mod.

But my opinion is you need to be different to all the other BDSM, Devious Devices (yawn) mods.
What is really, really missing from Skyrim is REAL relationship:
 - Expressing the emotion of love (then yes all the sex stuff)
 - Expressing anger and shouting between lovers and friends when they get angry
 - Being friends on adventures and in towns and inns

Good luck!

17 hours ago, Bluegunk said:

Sorry, this is a LONG post....

Long posts are usually the most intresting to read.. (assuming their writing isnt terrible..)

When I first started I didnt know if this mod should even use DD. I was trying to avoid a dependency on it but that didnt really work out. Im just lacking too many ideas

DD is useful as in it allows for a very straight forward way to introduce basic content also note that BDSM isnt non consensual. per se I think everyone doing that kinda stuff IRL would throw you out a window if you tried to argue about that :) (Im joking)

I didnt put the slavery tag on this mod on purpose. Not because its yet lacking but because this basic idea of slavery isnt something Im planing to do. Having you run around with a chain collar, nude, in an armbinder, on all fours, with other random devices, all the time outside a dungeon? Thats not what Im aiming for

Spoiler

She'll anways do anything to put the PC into hard situations, but will always come back to her with a fake kindness. She may fake apologies to dry PC's tears, and do again the mad stuff she's done with her yesterday.

The master world for that is : "I love myself, i want you to love me, i'll make anything to make you love how superior i am"

Thats copied from Sheos first post. I want to define slavery as the same thing with the stuff before but harsher

Introducing a few random events that lack conversation and instead just go straight to where you wanna go, having more humiliating events. Its not about "youre a fuckpig, get that into your head", its "Im doing the same thing as before, but this time Im going all out, my dearest"

I got asked if I need help with coding, I stated that "in preperation for future versions, a function-set to lock the player into a specific colour theme could be helpful but then again, Im not planing on having any meaningful long time bondage so theres a good chance I never use those functions"

The reason why Im not using flower girls is because I dont know much about that mod. I know it exists but .. thats pretty much all. and most addons I see are mods ported over from SLF

But the player has to seduce the follower with gems.

I dont like things like this btw. Sounds cheap.. well expensive but not really emotional. "Just buy me"

Why rebel against a follower? Isn't a follower more likely to rebel against you, the boss and player?

I prefer to not see the player as a "big boss" or a "God warrior"

(Main criticism I have about DQ11 is that I have to play the hero :^) Not because I dont like his playstyle, just because I prefer to play the protagonists companion over the protagonist)

Skyrim doesnt necessarily force this either, as the game allows you to just waste all your points into non offensive perks which has you ending up in having trouble fighting a simple draugr. Also if we go by logic we had to shut down LL and majority of Nexus

Also dont think of french revolution when you read rebelling. Imagine you being 9 yo with your 9yo friend and they say "Lets play football" but you are like "Nah I rather play some video games". This is what I consider rebelling in this mod. Its not necessarily how you would define this in a realistic setting but it sounds nice and intresting, Id say..

Think of the dominant one as an "Alpha wolf" not a slaver. They try to enforce things they want, but youre still family to them. Of course you still had to corrupt this idea but .. I hope you understand what Im after

Logic will never be neatless when designing things like this. The player will always be the one going to places they want. Trying to enforce it the other way is just an insane amount of work and for what? You ending up running after your follower going from one city to another not being able to do anything yourself because I need to make sure that youre actually following your follower? Thats just lame. The game would become a very boring movie, being about your follower walking from A to B and you just idly walking behind them with controls disabled

Things like the collar quest I noted a few times isnt the beginning of a large set of "locking the player into BDSM gear" quests either. Its more an opening into pet play'ish events

This isnt necessarily non consensual either. Things like SLUTS exist IRL too. People being tossed up in Pony gear and pulling a wagon where someone sits in behind them, in BDSM gear, nude, in public places. Thats a thing, its not some super unique idea by Doc (who made the original SLUTS) (not trying to talk him down there)

Public nudity challenges is something thats somewhat popular in china. People undressing themselfs on the street, a park or some other public places and having to stay nude for a minute or 2.. or walking from A to B to get their clothes back

Im not trying to swarm this mod with BDSM content. Having it being used sparely as long as the follower isnt angry sounds decent to have some structure altough I wont fully go with this as it makes the mod somewhat stale. "Oh now were using BDSM gear so that means youre angry and I should just go to an Inn". I mean thats technically exactly what you should do but yknow. Too much structure makes things repetitive

1 Event Im currently structuring has no BDSM in it whatsoever. (I already hinted at it :) ). Neither does the "My Cut" quest and I might take the SM content out of the "On hit" event as well as it feels kind of cheap and forced in there

Not sure how to do half of your suggestions tho. The other half might be intresting

Custom voiced content I like but having it only for 1 ... voice type makes it a bit meh.

I throw in "not non-consensual" a lot here even tho I wrote that this mod isnt about consent per se. I just want to note again that "giving your consent" in this mod doesnt mean that youre being asked if youre ok with things all the time. Its about you making clear that youre not ok with things. Im allowing you to "not be ok with things" in most events and things that you might think of as gamebreaking might very well be things that I already thought of and perhaps even want you to do.. (if youre not consent with how things are going)

Okay i made a post yesterday i deleted cuz it was a bit out of frame, i did another one about rebellion and stuff ._.

Original about sociopathy and general stuff :

Spoiler

If i'm understanding correctly, the point is some persons prefer consensual and some tend to like unconsensual things
(personally im ok with both, as long as it dont bother gameplay, sorry but mia's lair was annoying at least when your follower ruins your sneaking saying "maaaaaasteeeeeeer"... my opinion. but btw i love your ideas Bluegunk ^^ , Except the slavery outcome btw.)

I really love solving problems ._. !

What i was suggesting about all this is an adaptative relationship based on what the PC want, what she desire, what she's up to, and what she definitely dont want to try.

Let me be clear :

The sociopathic disorder is an excuse for tying up the PC. Like most mods you can't just throw someone in chains pretending it's "Skyrim's law" (actually they did this all the time. it's a pun ._. )

Point is sociopathic disorder is always adaptative. Most people suffering for this love to see others struggle with what they do to them as they can't leave them. It's a sort of love/hate, or a "stockholm syndrom", but it's at advanced stages. (When it come to mental abuse. I bet this may be kinky if you can tune it right. I personnally disagree, whatever)

At early stages. The dom will try to prevail to the sub, being lovely, playful. It's all lies but whatever ! This is where the fun begins (meme. Pun again ._. sorry). She need to be nice first, to subdue her with games and attentions.

The fun is. Even if the dom is pissed of the sub at these stages cause the sub keep saying no, the dom virtually can't be mad at the sub, cause the dom need to be loved by the sub (Remember, the dom only love herself, cause she's the dom, sociopath.) she NEED the sub. So she will try to impose her views (keep asking for bondage) but will virtually rarely/never impose anything cause she need to be loved before fulfilling her needs.

If the first stage may not includes a lot of bdsm elements (little things, never near people for examples, keeping privacy), the second may be sculpted to tempt the PC into a real bdsm relationship. This may include tying up in public, little humiliations, little to no pain training and still with that touch of magic that makes bdsm a relationship instead of being a nasty "tie-me-up-and-abuse-please" like the dom having remorses for a too harsh session, she may ask you of you want more or less, how do you feel about it, etc.

This may be organised as stages like "pick your flavour". If you prefer the little attentions with a little kinky spices of bdsm at certain points, there may be an intermediate stage where the dom keep trying to ask things, to impose her views, but will the PC respond or not ?

There may be ways to bypass the early stages by simply sayint the dom "i'm a sub, i want you to do dirty things to me" which may lead to lots of kinky stuff, including the dom precisely not doing anything before they're loved... hum hum ._.

---

In my opinion, sociopathic disorder is just a flavour, a reason, an excuse to play kinky games. So please don't forget to keep it fun (btw, both for the follower and the player/PC :3) surprise is always the best part. Bets and challenges may be fun and rewarding, but in my opinion it will never replace cute dialogues, kinky scenes (indecent or not, btw! Imagine kissing in front of everyone, two womens in this retrograde country! ugh! What would other think? What would the follower think? Ugh! My opinion xD). Make the player feel comfortable, make the PC play a real adventure.

btw i forgot. This is definitely what i've had in mind saying you need to leave it cute, even if it don't seems to be, this is even better! You clearly expose your follower as being a sadist that want to choke you, all hided by what you think is love, this is so cute!)

third edit : +1 on flowergirl ! The mod is really cute.

I invite you to give a test to this.

It's not really about follower and stuff, but the follower you meet is definitely worth trying the mod, she's well written and definitely refreshing

About rebellion (may not be compatible/coherent with the first spoiler)

Spoiler

Your idea is really interesting first, making all two follower & PC neutral, then choices are to be ported by random events to make one the dominant and one the sub. I'd really like to see that !

In this very particular concept, mixed with sociopathic disorder (i'll do a third post about that, be sure!), rebellion is about refusing to make things, if you want to keep it all consensual (see first spoiler) it totally make sence. You refuse and she (both PC or follower) decides to abandon the thing she wanted to do to the other one. Its cool, but in this case the dom will loose willpower, making rarer demands and the sub is less likely to accept.

If it's not consensual (following my idea, the third stage), rebellion (while reducing the dom's willpower) may come
As a mental abuse : "We all two know you like it, stop refusing"
As a bet/challenge : "Go fetch something for me and i'll not tie you up"
As the dom boredom : "Okay fine but don't count on me next time"
As, simply nothing : "It's not a problem darling let's go"

Unconstructed ideas about madness.

Spoiler

Along with the values you gave in another post. Both your follower and you may not at first be crazy enough to tie each other up, abuse or abduct, enslave or whatever.

What if, the secret ingredient was madness? Not a true madness, but...

Sociopathic disorder is.. well, a disorder. It's a consequence of tragedic events which means that by essence, it's rare, so, both PC or follower may not be afflicted with it in the first time.

Then, in the game, something may come (say, Sheogorath's gem? Sanguine's cursed item of lust and uncontrollable self-love?)

This item will mark the one who carries it as the dom. It's then a game of who got it and who don't. It may, with lust, create item the dom will use to tie up the sub (reference : DCL quest Rubber Collar). This item (you can see it like the One Ring) will, for the one who carries it, drive her to the lost of wanting to tie up the one who's not having it.

In this context then. There may be a game of you have, who don't have it.

In the background, the one who's having it will receive madness points, and one who don't will have them decrease. Making the dom lusty and the sub, gently trying to save her mate from the terrible insanity.

Rebellion may then come as a attempt for them to reduce global madness.

But are they aware the cursed item they carry is really a god forsaken item :D ?
What can it really do? When madness come to be unbearable?

I like the concept a lot. I tested it briefly on a new game while I was testing a new profile. I don't know how much is implemented already, but I didn't saw any event yet. Does it work when/after spending time in dungeon locations? The only thing I saw was when I went into the MCM and in the Debug page I increased the 3 follower values and then when I asked about keys/unlock a device my follower had an attitude and after a couple of attempts my character received a gag and the follower demanded to go to a nice place to rest.

I'd love to know more about what is currently implemented (if it isn't much spoilery to ask) and what are these MCM values. I guess these values reflect the current mood/state of the follower. Which brings me to a little suggestion. I think it would be good to communicate this information to the player in a clear way. Define some moods or states for the follower, based on the values you already manage and let the player know in which mood the follower is, or how close to reaching a new mood the follower is, etc. Perhaps a dialogue to ask the follower about how they feel or if they want to do or have something in particular. Of course there is also all the other dialogue that the follower will unlock as they are more and more tired/bored/amused with the player character, but a simple dialogue option can help to quickly judge how things are. It could also be a way for the player to actively do things for the follower and not just react to how the follower talks after X time. 

14 hours ago, dontknowdontcaredontask said:

what are these MCM values

MCM got a complete overhaul for Alpha2, explaining some stuff this time too

What the values do can be read in my post #32

Current content table:

Spoiler

KeyChest Dialogue allows for 1 gag quest (which you already found!)

KeyUnlock Dialogue has.. 3 diffrent events in them? They are scattered through the dialogue I dont know how to exactly trigger each one of them

OnHit is actually pretty obvious. Just hit them! Its pretty plain rn, wanna improve on this as time goes on. Perhaps utilising some of Bluegunks ideas

MyCut triggers when walking around town, tired, when your follower isnt angry and you have more than 10k gold in your pocket. There are 2 diffrent outcomes. This doesnt really do anything beyond stealing some gold tho

I was thinking about a "How are you?" Dialogue but a simple "Great" "not so great" "bored" as answer doesnt exactly sound like exciting content

14 hours ago, Zeogrey said:

Except the slavery outcome btw.

:)

Not sure how to introduce a "madness" scale. Idealy your follower sticks with you for the entirety of the playthrough but of course that doesnt always work out and maybe you wanna switch, so not sure how to have this variable be introduced

Also Id guess I use a new set of events for this but cant even fill up the base event pool

Ill try out this mod you linked. Dont really have things to do rn anyway but Im confused how it would help me understand your post? (Guess we find out)

i don't remember the name of the follower you have in this but she's both annoying and adorable, i mean she's well written and may be inspirational ^^

7 hours ago, Scrab said:

I was thinking about a "How are you?" Dialogue but a simple "Great" "not so great" "bored" as answer doesnt exactly sound like exciting content

Right, but that dialogue could be a "I'm bored, how about we do this... [deal/request]" and then player has 2-3 choices to answer it, allowing different outcomes (obedient/rebel/neutral/???). Anyways this is just a little suggestion, you know more than anyone else about what should be or not be in your mod.

Thanks for the info and I look forward to next updates.

On 6/13/2020 at 4:53 PM, Bluegunk said:

drinking contests - your follower challenges you to a drinking contest.

Did you have something like Sanguine in mind when you proposed that? I think this could be very intresting as an event when you get into an inn but "just drink a bit" doesnt sound too ... exciting, I have not too much of an idea about a follow up on this one

On 6/13/2020 at 4:53 PM, Bluegunk said:

If the follower does not buy you back, you end up in Cidna Mine and need to escape (using the vanilla Escape from Cidna Mine - but with the quest removed).

I could prbly copy of Cidnah Mines prison scene and have this mod throw you in there. The Vanilla cidhna mine scenery would play (maybe slightly altered) and then you get free either with or without your follower

(Your follower is either sick of you and gone for good or regrets leaving you and comes back)

On 6/15/2020 at 4:46 PM, dontknowdontcaredontask said:

"I'm bored, how about we do this... [deal/request]"

Maybe once we got a decent collection of deals and events together.. I think this one also needs some sort of own set of deals as most other are kind of designed around their original trigger location (Wilderness, Dungeons, etc) and require some setup to actually work out

and Im not a fan of "hey Im bored lets just do it". I want you to do some "work" for them :)

Requests also needs its own set of them - and more than 2 - and Id still need some more context around each request. This "how are you" -dialogue would be one of the bigger features just because of how accessable it is

For reference, Key holder dialogue has more than 36 ways to play itself out (some of those are just variations in phrasing but dialogue is still work and avoids having things feel too repetitive)

10 hours ago, Scrab said:

I think this could be very intresting as an event when you get into an inn but "just drink a bit" doesnt sound too ... exciting,

Events don't have to be complicated, just provide a bit of fun.  Later, you might think of ways to add more to it.  You have a few drinks with your follower.  The one who can't drink anymore loses.  The follower might cheat.  You can try to cheat too, but if you're caught you lose.  You might choose to lose on purpose, if that's your thing.  The winner gets to tie up the loser for a while.  There might be kinky sex afterwards.  The loser becomes a little more submissive. 

1 hour ago, HexBolt8 said:

The one who can't drink anymore loses.

One issue is that I need something to encourage you to stop. If theres no downside to continue then whats the point of stopping? Theres no challenge in answering a yes/no question. I know that some need mods have a drunk debuff but not using any myself I dont know what theyre about, dont wanna have one as a "pseudo condition" just to make that event work

I am unsure if I can mix up your controls. I mean something like randomly switching A and D input to simulate staggering.. I think that could be pretty funny.. and if you drink too much you might end up regreting it as adventuring with randomly changing inputs could be pretty annoying ... or you might wanna do it anyway because you find it flippin hilarious.. I could see myself going out dying to a wolf because of that.. I think that could be pretty funny, no? 

.. but it would also be pretty annoying if you take a few too much as that debuff might stack and stack and stack and never end

The other one was me overthinking the aftermath (I should stop doing this, thanks)

You're making the drinking contest too complicated and too hard.  Remember the contest with Sanguine?  A few lines of dialog, and then an outcome.  An actual contest would have to support multiple outcomes (win, lose, caught cheating) but it wouldn't have to be that complex.  The aftermath could be bondage fun and perhaps sex.  By the time that's over you're both sober.  The only reason to play the game is to try to tie up your follower (or be tied up). 

If that doesn't fit the mod, it's not worth doing.  I only made the suggestion because someone else proposed a drinking contest, so I just suggested one way it could play out.  I'm not invested in the idea.  For that matter, I'll never even be able to play this mod because I don't use SE, but the ideas expressed here are interesting so I've been reading the discussion.

• 2 weeks later...

Im going to upload an Alpha2 later today (hopefully). A few notes before I get to the patchnotes:

This Alpha2 isnt everything I wanted to put into an Alpha2 but Im gonna take a small break from .. writing mods.. learning to write mods.. w/e.. and before I take this break in the middle of a quest and forget what I was working on exactly I just upload this "unfinished" Alpha2 and put the remaining ToDos into an Alpha 3

.. I think thats actually all... Couldve just skipped that I guess.. well.. whatever. Then lets get to the Patchnotes

..Im so awful at this

Joyful Followers Alpha2

New Content:

- Added a "Searching in the Wild" Quest Event (*This one especially needs testing, might need help)

What needs testing/Trigger/Waltkrough:

Spoiler

What needs testing:

The event will place a statchel in the overworld. The placement of this statchel was something giving me quite a lot of trouble. I got it working.. more or less but Im still unsure if its actually working or if I was just lucky in my testing. The placement was usually off in height, meaning the statchel was floating above ground or below the surface. Which looked odd or broke the quest

If anyone knows a way to get this to work properly (assuming it still doesnt work) Im open for suggestions

To trigger:

Sleeping in "Wilderness" while Tired (Fatigue 8+), while your follower is "Calm" for more than 6 hours

This is influenced by "Event Cooldown"

Walkthrough:

Doing the above triggers an Event that has your follower steal and hide all your clothes in a statchel. You will get a small text (I will come to that later) telling you thats something off. From here, there are multiple options aviable (Im actually really intrested to see if someone can find all of them...). Reaching from getting your clothes back all on your own to .. being very submissive. The most obvious option is of course to just talk to your follower

Depending on your actions you will be rewarded with a decent chunk of domination or submission

(Its not a "walkthrough" walktrough, just a small info on what this event is about. Sorry!)

- Added a "Rubber Suit" Chain Event

- Added a "Take me Home" Chain Event

- Added a "Drinking" Event (*Unfinished)

To trigger 

Spoiler

Go to an Inn between 8pm and 11.59pm while tired (Fatigue 7+) and your follower is "Calm"

Changes (Gameplay):

- "My Cut" has been reworked

Spoiler

The Alpha1 version of "My Cut" was a very straightforward "Give me money" and "Give me money again and again". Especially the latter felt wrong in this kind of mod, as the JoyFol isnt intrested in money whatsoever. I wanted to symphasize some basic interest in wealth but having the JoyFol ask you for 100k+ gold feels more like they are trying to rob you, like they care more about your money than you as a person. Thus I removed it

The latter "Give me some cash to go out" has been reworked, has more and overhauled dialogue and can make use of chain events

To trigger:

Run around in a Walled City, while Tired, while the JF is "Calm", during Weekdays between 10am and 8pm with more than 8k gold

- "On Hit" has been improved and can make use of chain events

- "Shut. Up.": Minimum duration logged in gag has been reduced, maximum duration can be set in the MCM (up to 3 days) also the event has now a name. Yes, I know. No one expected that

- "Key Holder": Your follower now tells you if youre not wearing any devices that they are willing to unlock, they will also unlock Boots and Gloves now

- "Key Looting": Followers now search for keys in Wilderness and in Dungeons (previously only dungeons). Theres also now an option that they will refuse to search if they are angry

- Your follower being knocked out (Bleedout) or raped now has a chance of making them lose keys. This can be disabled

- MCM Script has been rewritten from scratch. It feels.. slightly more responsive in my (short) testings. I also added a few more options and a small "Info" about the.. sleeping mechanics of this mod (Stress and Fatigue). You can now check what your Fatigue and your followers mental is at. Theres also an info text for some options now

The amount of Points (which define Domination and Submission) can also be seen in the Debug menu. Note however that - just as the sliders to control/change Fatigue, Stress and Points - this is pre Release only and will be removed someday

- Location Notifications have been improved and are one of the mods engines now (Simliar to Fatigue and Stress). Locations you are being notified off now are: Wilderness, Player Home, Towns (Walled Cities like Whiterun and small Villages like Rorikstead) and Settlements (Farms, Lumber Mills, etc)

Changes (Structure):

- Point system now reaches from -300 to 700 (from 0 to 1k), points below 0 still express player domination

- Killing off some structure:

Spoiler

Originally, the mod was divided into 3 segments: Neutral, Submissive, Owned with 2 additional segments for slavery and enslavement being introduced later

This structure has been.. altered. Instead the entirety from -300 to 700 will be considered "neutral". The advantage here being that I no longer have to divide the mod into 3 parts. Basically acting like this is a "3 in 1 mod" Being submissive or dominating now unlocks new interactions to one big "interaction pool" instead of pushing you back and forth between diffrent pools all the time, this means that having a lot of diffrent interactions to avoid repetitivity (say that 3 times fast), it makes progress also more meaningful and makes the follower look more human instead of just going back and forth between two diffrent personalities

The disadvantage is that I cant put very harsh words into a neutral pool now or else you might come into situations like: "I love you so much, youre the best thing that ever happened to me" and literally right after youd be told to "Go down on all fours like a stupid dog should. And how dare you wearing clothes in public" which is.. just weird

- New definition of "good" and "bad" end (Originally named Slaver/Enslaved Position):

Spoiler

This follows up on "Killing of some structure"

Im avoiding using terms like "Slave" because Imo, it doesnt suit the idea of the mod at all. A Slave is someone that is being looked at as needs to an end, without any worth. While this idea is very arousing to a lot of people its not what Im after

The idea of the JoyFol is not to enslave you. They want to own you. You are precious to them like a trophy made out of diamonds .. or something that makes even less sense.. From a Lore perspective, the JF isnt intrested in enslaving you whatsoever

The bad end being defined from your JFs perspective (while they arent mad at you):

The player as a willingless toy doing whatever the JF wants but the JF would never seriously hurt the player. Never abandon them or get them into a position of actual life threatening danger. The player is the-most important thing to them and nothing in this world would make them abandon you. They might do some very crazy stuff, some unrealistical demands that would just straight up break the mind of anyone but as long as they have the (breathing) player by their side they are satisfied and they do ANYTHING to make sure the player stays with them. From simple manipulating to making the player addicted to them in some form as long as they have them in their grasp and can do with them whatever they want, theyre satisfied

The good ending being the opposite.. obviously

Im actually not going into any detail here as I dont want to define the players mindset. Thats up to you.

If you want the follower the crawl nude on all fours in front of you with a cow bell around their neck and their tongue on the ground to clear the path youre walking on, be free to do so. Ill do my best to allow you just that  (Im prbly not going to be able to do that.. but you get the idea anyway.. I hope)

You could also just be as crazy as the JF and be completly obsessed with them

You can of course be very loving to your JF too. Leading your relationship with a carrot and stick?

Of course no matter what path you chose you need to make sure to not let them escape your grasp or you might end up in the bad end scenario but really, Im not setting up any rules here and I try my best to allow the player to go in any direction they want

- Redefined Events:

Spoiler

Im going to drop the idea of deals and punishments and idk what else to structure things because lets be real here, thad wouldve never worked out and in the end, no one cares

There are "Events", "Quest Events" and "Chain Events".. oh an "Permanent Events"

Quest Events are just Events that are defined by an actual quest with objective that can be completed or failed.

Events ("Big Events") are just Events (yes actually) and everything thats not a Chain Event is an Event. Drinking Contest, My Cut, On Hit, Searching in the Wild. All Events

Chain Events are mini events that hook into the big events. They are considered a special form of aftermath. The reason why they arent just part of the actual event is because they can take place in multiple events. They are reused in other events, dont belong to one specifically. Basically a "radiant event". Not all events will use those and those who do wont "hook" into all of the chain events. It just doesnt make sense to reward you with a shiny suit when youve been mean, or does it?

Permanent Events is the .. king of events? and there arent any right now. Those are quests that stick with you for a very long time (Weeks, months, forever?). Something like long time chastity or specific "games" like "We agreed youd wear a petsuit at home, yes?" -> Locks the door to your player home -> stay in a petsuit for a few hours before youre allowed to leave

Getting out of those positions would require some outside the box thinking.. maybe some more complicated quests. "Oh no my follower abuses me as their personal livestock for chaurus eggs, if only a priest could help me out.. But how am I supposed to talk to a priest when my follower is always around me"

- Imo a few well written words are worth more a thousand clunky animations. So Instead of learning to use animation events I spend about 20~40mins each for texts like those:

Spoiler

20200629163726_1.jpg.48965f4540803ec5098c283384770c90.jpg20200702131502_1.jpg.09410ad9e1f93da34a4dc6c28480c13f.jpg

Id like to stick with them unless they are taking things way too far for peoples taste :)

Its written in 2nd person, more on accident than anything else. I ended up liking it tho and its quite exhausting to write in 2nd person so I didnt change it.. haha... Good thing Im not planing to write a novel

Id use texts like those to describe some things that cant really be described by animations and just talking about them in dialogue kind kills of the atmosphere that I want to create 

So yea.. just tell me what you think

(And yes I see that one error with the [...] and that the text is cut off halfway through. Itll be fixed before I upload Alpha 2)

Content for Alpha 3

- Finishing the drinking contest. Im not sure how to do that. In my testing it felt very plain so Im not even sure if I want to keep it. It has no form of aftermath as of now, I dont think you even gain or lose any points

If I keep it, you will have some fun debuff stacking for 1 or 2h for each shot you take. Im not thinking about "Stamina -10 per stack" sorta debuff. More something like a blurry vision.. something that when you have to deal with it the first time youre like "Oh cool..!" and the 2nd time you get into this situation youre thinking "Hold on, do I really want to go much further than that and have to bother about this vision for next 2 days". If I dont add something like this, the drinking event will be just a "Yes / No" question about wether you want the points or not, I dont like that. There should be some motivation to make you think about surrendering even tho you do want to win this contest.

- I use a lot of persuation and intimidation in this mod. Im want to take a closer look at how persuation and intimidation works and then perhaps have Mental & Fatigue influence your chances of persuade or intimidate your follower (idealy only your follower.. altough Fatigue making Persuation harder in general would also be.. intresting)

- Overhauling the Key Holder Dialogue to follow the theme noted in "Killing off some structure"

Future Ideas:

- Im kind of interested in the idea of a truth or dare game.. I think it would fit quite nicely into the mod but I dont know what sort of "Truth" I could make use of. Its not exactly an intresting game if the truth part doesnt offer any nasty things

- Adding a Misc Dialogue option in the base tree. A "How are you" option, basically

I want to add dialogue in there that idealy hook into some events. "What exactly does that shiny suit do again", "Why does that shiny suit have a lock"

and prbly also open up into some own (Chain) Events

- I started working on a follower vs player fighting chain event but I ran into a lot of problems with this one and let it drop. Might want to pick it up at one point tho.. not too sure.

22 hours ago, Scrab said:

- Im kind of interested in the idea of a truth or dare game.. I think it would fit quite nicely into the mod but I dont know what sort of "Truth" I could make use of. Its not exactly an intresting game if the truth part doesnt offer any nasty things

now THIS i very much like. this has promise and depending on how it's developed and done, could be something amazing to add, which would compliment the gameplay. maybe even in a way to work well with Devious Followers, and Deviously Enslaved mods. VERY much looking forward to seeing what is done with this.

btw, there is a possible conflict with Deviously Enslaved, as there is an option for followers to control the behaviour relationship of the follower and the player. you may want to look into this as i set my options in the MCM for the specific followers as i get them, to view me as Domme or Sub, and how the player sees them as Dominant or sub. it's a fun option. but may conflict with your settings