12 minutes ago, Scrab said:

the other makes me feel unwelcome)

Don't think your alone on that point it seems the same for every other mod maker!

12 minutes ago, Scrab said:

Something like this is what I have in mind:

Yes ok I see your point I think it should be fairly simple to do those animations if you can equip the item through your script because I can only export an .hkx with a human skeleton for now. Let me know when you are ready to work on this and we can see exactly what you would like for anims. Perhaps I could make a mesh of spaced out cuffs that attach to walls so you could add them to the cell permanently in lots of locations ( the more public the better!) instead of the random spawning then you wouldn't need any resource from Zaz

47 minutes ago, audhol said:

if you can equip the item through your script

Should be doable

I usually start slow after each update (been pretty lazy yesterday), today I read through FNIS documentation and will prbly take a look at the mod you linked. I also want to see how Furniture Sex does its magic. Prbly going to start scripting again by tomorrow.. altough weather is starting to become a real pain again

47 minutes ago, audhol said:

I could make a mesh of spaced out cuffs that attach to walls so you could add them to the cell permanently in lots of locations

How about some spaced out cuffs that link themselves to walls. I dont have to alter the vanilla games look that way , only have to place some idle markers at best. Some secret alteration magnetism magic cuffs that link themselves to a wall.. and if youre wearing them.. well... 

Spoiler

latest?cb=20071221225031

Id need to test if that actually works tho. That would be basically "reversed furniture"? I dont think anyone ever tried that

16 minutes ago, Scrab said:

How about some spaced out cuffs that link themselves to walls.

That's a good idea, alright I'll have a go at making some cuffs. Do you want wrists and ankles? What style, metal or leather?

I'm not sure they'll fit macgyver though!

Spoiler
  • th?id=OIP.UGVWjRM-x-pOwyhTCoCnRgHaHa&pid
    • th?id=OIP.hI9OM55xv_cGcVxnOOfWswHaFj&pid
      Suspension Cuffs Hanging Wrist Cuffs BDSM Bondage Gear ...
      Princess Wide Locking Shoe Cuffs | BDSM Bondage Gear | Sub ...
      Clear Luxe PVC 4” Ankle Bondage Cuffs | BDSM Bondage Gear ...

Ah. Questionsss like that are the worst. From an immersion perspective, it would need ankle and wrist, to ensure the victim cant dodge the whip and the player holds a position. To me, it sounds weird disabling all controls for the player if their legs are tecnically free. Tough idk which would look best

Material is the same issue, actually even more so. Unsure what would fit best into Skyrim. I assume metal, but a leather cuff with small metal rings (like the 3rd one) looks pretty interesting.. ahye.. 

(Immersion is great until it gets in the way of aesthetics.. or becomes a major inconvenience.. )

Wow, this genuinely sounds like a interesting mod and I`m excited to try it out cuz I been looking for a mod that adds a relationships system to the followers since forever.

But I dont care for the devious devices part, and I hate that it seems to be a requirement. I dont use that mod at all and I dont plan to, but this one sounds like a great idea.

5 hours ago, Abelyo said:

But I dont care for the devious devices part, and I hate that it seems to be a requirement. I dont use that mod at all and I dont plan to, but this one sounds like a great idea.

I originally didnt intend on using it at all, but I ran into issues very quickly, primarily: "Oh yea, well, I dont wanna do that, so what you gonna do now Mr(s) Follower, give me a -10 health debuff?"

If the reason you dont like DD is specifically because you dont like running around and playing the game in 20 bondage items locked on you simultaneously (like almost all DD mods seem to be doing for some reason), be assured that this is not my intend (Just be sure to not admit that youd be into it, cough, cough)

If youre interested in more info about "why u using DD", theres an unncessecary long text below

Spoiler

Theres decent chunk of deeper issues with DD but it still offers a significant amount of value.

The Vanilla game doesnt allow all that much content - just look at how plain the marriage system is. Having a NPC in a game near you isnt the same as having an actual person near you, so the game needs to add other content around that. Vanilla has too many limitations and no sufficient ways to actually make you understand that that "person" with you isnt just a bot that you can do with whatever tf you want. (Im going to overkill immersion now, be prepared) 

I cant just tell the JF to act like a real person, at the end of the day its an object following orders giving to it by the engine. In real life, when youre in an argument with your beloved or your best bud you will always end up in finding a solution and this isnt always the one you originally wanted. Things can get rough, theres shouting, theres a deadline but if you trule like that person you will always end up agreeing on something, in a game like Skyrim however this wont happen. You dont care if that bot just gives you the ALL CAPS SILENT VOICE WRITING. NO ONE WILL FEEL TOUCHED BY THIS - OR HURT IN ANY WAY, especially not in a game from 2011. If the follower ends up leaving you, you may be like "Fck, I liked that follower, they looked so hot/cute/etc!" but then you just go to Nexus or your modlist or just fast travel to the next inn and get the next hot/cute/etc follower and repeat

DD allows me to give the this follower some backbone, not in the way that you may feel like "Oh no, I just said something that hurt them, I feel terrible now!" but in a "Oh no, I just said something that Im now going to regret". It is indeed somewhat plain but I dont see any other way of doing it. I dont consider myself a talented writer nor do I believe that I understand the extend that good writing can have, but I highly doubt that writing alone allows to give the follower enough self awareness to make you feel bad for toying with them

At the end of the day, inside Skyrim, the player is a god with no limitations whatsoever. Its hard to really show you your limits with dialogue alone

Prbly everything I write now feels pretty weak compared to the above and it is indeed pretty stupid, but DD also offers some easy access to content. Just take a look at how much content Pet Project adds doing basically nothing but locking you into a chastity belt

Only about a quarter of JF actually uses DD; however this quarter is designed in a way that makes it impossible to be used as a soft requirement. 

Im not promising to keep this ratio of one quarter alive but Im not planning on having every event to be focused on DD and majority of devices that are equipped on you are usually for events specifically and will be unlocked later on

16 hours ago, Scrab said:

I originally didnt intend on using it at all, but I ran into issues very quickly, primarily: "Oh yea, well, I dont wanna do that, so what you gonna do now Mr(s) Follower, give me a -10 health debuff?"

If the reason you dont like DD is specifically because you dont like running around and playing the game in 20 bondage items locked on you simultaneously (like almost all DD mods seem to be doing for some reason), be assured that this is not my intend (Just be sure to not admit that youd be into it, cough, cough)

Yeah its true that bondage is not really a big fetish of mine, but I mostly would rather not install that mod cuz I already play with a huge load order, with lots of script mods, and Devious Device doesnt look like it would help with my game`s stability ya know. 

And seeing as your mod requires it for the punishment part, its not like I can install Devious Devices just for the assets, so it would have to be on at all times during my already loaded playthroughs.

So yeah, if possible I would love for a alternative for the punishment part that doesnt require DD!

Its far more than that. If its just a small check of "Do you have DD installed? If yes, enable the default punishments" Id gladly do it, but DD is also heavily used in the unlocking mechanism and some other events as well

The only way to really remove DD at this point is to replace it with another mod and as you probably know, there is no alternative and I lack to skill to create one. My  apologies

===========================

About the debt system: I dont know if the weather is frying me or not but I changed my mind on this topic

I started to consider it as free real estate and thus its going to get some additional support in Alpha 4

- "Did you just say "additional" support in Alpha 4?"

Yes. Once weather cooled down Im going to introduce a very small debt system with a linear scaling - very similar to the one you see in DF (or saw? I dont know if Lupine did that scaling system yet). Beyond that, the debt system will be divided into 4 segments:

Segment 0 (No debt) will have increased affection gain

Segment 1 (Low debt) has no effects

Segment 2 (High debt) has an increased stress gain

Segment 3 (Excessive debt) increases stress gain even more and decreases affection gain. It also allows the follower to leave the player if Stress becomes too high

Alpha 3.1 will also include a debug option in the MCM to quickly get affection stages up

The debt System in Alpha 4, if enabled, will allow you to Bribe your follower in some events, Im unsure how exactly Im going to define Bribe, if I just stop with giving them money or go one step further. I AM NOT GOING TO FORCE THE PLAYER INTO PERMANENT RESTRAINTS LIKE DF DOES

Furthermore, I will track the amount of gold you make and spend and have the follower expect a share of that. How big this share is depends on stress, your MCM settings and affection. This "gold tracking" is experimental and will probably be broken in some ways, Ill go into more details on this once I release Alpha4

Im also thinking about introducing a seduction option to some events. A very plain one that just checks for Arousal

I really want to increase the speed at which I upload updates, unfortunately the weather doesnt like me and Im currently digging deeper and deeper into animations, meshes, textures and other mod concepts, which heavily slows me down. Not only because of the thought I put into it but also because I lag room to think of new stuff for JF

I still dont know how to lead a Truth or Dare Event and beyond that its just a big black Void

Look interesting but it's not clear if you can bind your JF in dom mode and make her do the planned event ? I like the idea of punishing or playing with my follower.

After reading most of the 6 pages I have a few idea :

-you could introduce a pure/corruption path and with your sub/dom already in place it could offer more variety to JF relationship. Like consensual and not consensual event depending on the path you are. A tracking counter could be associated to each path and at certain level unlock new scene, event, action or specific quest to further deepen the path and ascertain your choice. Each path would grow depending on your dialogue choice.

-Allowing a scene to play differently depending on your path (2 or 4 possibilities) would be great for replayability.

-if you don't intend to develop JF for multi follower you could pack everything into your own follower mod and imo it would be a very interesting follower.

-I don't really get your view on the affection stat, it feel a bit unnatural that it only goes up with time. Time sure help to grow relationship but it can only do so much. I would tied it up with specific event to allow a more organic growth and unlock new affection rank. Maybe it's just me but the rank name after lover felt a bit unhealthy for a relationship.

For more ideas, it would help if you had a clear vision of what you want this mod to be : like Amorous adventure with more depth or like DF but lighter on the bdsm element, a dating/relationship simulator or something else entirely ? Where it begin and where it end ? Whatever you choose you have to be happy about doing it or else it doesnt feel right.

@Audhol : thx for the link to Pama mod I was looking for something like that :)

1 hour ago, Tagliatele said:

-you could introduce a pure/corruption path and with your sub/dom already in place it could offer more variety to JF relationship. Like consensual and not consensual event depending on the path you are. A tracking counter could be associated to each path and at certain level unlock new scene, event, action or specific quest to further deepen the path and ascertain your choice. Each path would grow depending on your dialogue choice.

Im open to add things like that later in time, my issue right now is primarily just flat content 

Right now, there are 6 (yes 6) different engines which can affect what events are played and which ones cant. If I just keep on adding more and more restrictions to when Events can actually be played you end up in a mod that does essentially nothing 90% of the time just because of how many restrictions there are 

I also consider Stress to be a variable that goes into this direction. The higher it is, the more likely your follower is going to do things that you wont necessarily like. How consensual this mod is depends on how you treat your follower and what choices you make in events. All Events usually have a few different endings too

Note that everything I just wrote is pretty.. weak. The lack of content makes it hard to set things in stone

-if you don't intend to develop JF for multi follower you could pack everything into your own follower mod and imo it would be a very interesting follower.

You turn a Vanilla follower of your choice into a JF. I never intended to predefine the look of your JF, everyone has a different taste .. and Im terrible at creating characters

This also means that you can have multiple followers with you but only one of them can be a JF

-I don't really get your view on the affection stat, it feel a bit unnatural that it only goes up with time. Time sure help to grow relationship but it can only do so much. I would tied it up with specific event to allow a more organic growth and unlock new affection rank. Maybe it's just me but the rank name after lover felt a bit unhealthy for a relationship.

In general every relationship does take time. Sure its more complicated but I can only simulate that much

There are plans to give you other options to increase affection. Clearing a dungeon together, give your followers presents, if you enable the debt system: Keep their debt low, a few events will also increase affection

There is no "lover" rank. Ranks are called as follows:

1. Stranger  
2. Acquainted   
3. Friend       
4. Companion   
5. Affectionate 
6. Captivated 
7. Devoted 
8. Obsessed 

For more ideas, it would help if you had a clear vision of what you want this mod to be

Unsure what exactly you mean by that. The reason why you play with JF is because you want to play with a follower that does more than just walk after you and carry your stuff like a donkey

From what Ive read, people tend to put JF and DF in the same bracket and they are indeed somewhat similar in their structure however their execution is very different

DF tries to build its entire content around a debt system and builds the DFs personality around a selfish, perverted mercenary that sees the player as mere means to an end to make as much money as possible

JF goes into a vastly different direction. The predefined personality (meaning what you know about the JF before going into any detail) is that the JF sees the player as someone highly important to them. This doesnt need to be build up first. So no, this mod is not a dating sim and not amourus adventures 2. The follower goes into that relationship already having that mindset. The ultimate goal of the JF is to "own" the player, this isnt to be looked at in a slavery manner but more like an.. abusive relationship perhaps. The JF wants your attention and they do almost anything to get said attention. Currently this means playing dumb games that forces you to interact with them

Alpha3 highly corrupted this idea but Im still using it as the lead idea

For content I usually choose what people find interesting and build around it in a way that makes sense. Of course thats not always possible (see the DD issue above) but I try my best to shape the mod around what people in this thread want to see

Thats why I keep mentioning: The more suggestions I get, the easier it is for me to further develop the mod

12 hours ago, Scrab said:

JF goes into a vastly different direction. The predefined personality (meaning what you know about the JF before going into any detail) is that the JF sees the player as someone highly important to them. This doesnt need to be build up first. So no, this mod is not a dating sim and not amourus adventures 2. The follower goes into that relationship already having that mindset. The ultimate goal of the JF is to "own" the player, this isnt to be looked at in a slavery manner but more like an.. abusive relationship perhaps. The JF wants your attention and they do almost anything to get said attention. Currently this means playing dumb games that forces you to interact with them

Oh I did not understand that about your mod...so most of the thing i wrote are a bit irrelevant, sorry.

I thought it could go both way and you could be the abusive one instead of your JF.

As for some wild ideas : your JF could make item request (necklace, potion, alcool, armor, weapon, clothes, etc...) or request specific "gift" from the DB like "prove your my friend let's go kill bandit" or "prove you like me and join that Sanguine/Dibella cult". I think it was already said but the JF could give an item to the DB and ask him to wear it for x amount of time (or permanently).

The JF could also be the jealous sort as it go well with abusive character could make for interesting dialogue or event like DB have to prove JF is the only one for him or DB can't speak to female NPC for a time or until he/she reassured JF.

Abusive character like to make other guilty so it could play in the JF too like for example DB has missed the birthday of JF and now JF is pissed and DB have to throw a party to make up for it (and don't forget the birthday present).

I hope it helps a bit :)

25 minutes ago, Tagliatele said:

I thought it could go both way and you could be the abusive one instead of your JF.

You can!

What I wrote was what the JFs "ultimate goal" is. That doesnt necessarily need to be your own goal too. You can decide if you just go with anything they do or try to turn things around

I explained how domination works in the Alpha3 patchnotes, I recommend reading the "SDP" Part of the patchnotes if youre interested in that. For a quick recap: 

You can either be dominant or submissive. Both share the same event pool to some extend, meaning even if you are dominant, the follower will try to make you submit and play some stupid games to you. Thats because this isnt a slavery mod, even when submissive you are allowed to have a will of your own.. and your follower does too! .. and they still want to be dominant, thats why you get the same pool. You do however have a few advantages when dominant (or disadvantages when submissive..) 

Once either of you collects enough SDP (Domination) you will be locked into either a good end (dominating) or a bad end (submissive), which gives you or your follower access to some special & more extreme events and it will be significantly harder to really change your position once there. The latter being beta content, I need to get a decent set of events before I can focus on those two states but the goal will be to work into either of the two directions

32 minutes ago, Tagliatele said:

Abusive character like to make other guilty so it could play in the JF too like for example DB has missed the birthday of JF and now JF is pissed and DB have to throw a party to make up for it (and don't forget the birthday present).

an Event with a 365 day cooldown, huh? Interesting

==================

If the weather stays like that Im prbly going to publish 3.1 later the day

Hey @Scrab firstly a thousand apologies for being tardy with the cuffs, I will admit exporting .obj to convert to .nif was harder than I thought, also I haven't had time to properly texture the U.V. map yet so I just used  base metal\leather texture also the attach ring is maybe a bit small, what you think?

I have been following your thread, @Tagliatele makes some interesting ideas about jealousy and also mini quest adventures together.

I also saw your post about DD's you are right to assume that lupine uses dd's in DFC however she (I think lupine is a she?) does not use the locking script, you are not required to lock the device on simply to wear it. There is a constant check from the DF that you are complying to the deal thus making the DD locking script redundant in fact I believe she has run into issues regarding the DD scripts being unreliable in what they try to do. In the case of JF if you go with DD locking, what's to stop the player using a key (spawned or otherwise) to unlock the device if you have no check from the JF that the item is still equipped? If you are running a scan to check the item is equipped then the locking script becomes redundant. I agree that there are lots of nice toys in the DD library as well as the anims and SL filter, however If you limit this mod to simply applying X item from DD then I think you will end up becoming another DFC clone.

If you were to follow the check worn path you could flow more easily from benign requests to more hardcore stuff using the same scripts for example the Jf might ask the P.C. to wear a simple bracelet "I think this would look pretty on you." If the P.C. removes the bracelet the JF would be aware and the response could also depend on stress level of the JF, at low stress "oh that's a shame you dont want to wear the bracelet i gave you" and loss a bit of affection or at high stress "so you think your to good for the present I gave you, fine I'll take it back" remove item and take bigger hit to affection.

Your shut up event could also use this formula, the JF equips the gag on the P.C. but does not lock it so if the player removes the gag without permission from the JF the response could again be stress linked low = "I didn't say your time was up yet" reequip and lose a bit of affection high = "you cant understand a simple instruction then fine" force drink Skooma\lactoid\alcohol\SLS cum and equip more severe gag (still not locked) "take that off again before I tell you and you'll be even more sorry than now"

I think leaving the choice to the player whether or not they comply with what the JF is asking would add to the role playing idea of having a follower slowly taking control of the P.C.

I wonder if more immersion could be added also this way, let's say you decide to use the cuffs in this mod well perhaps instead of just appearing magically in the inventory of the JF the JF would ask the P.C. to travel with them to a specific shop to get fitted up for special cuffs. Much in the same way as YPS does piercing, you have to travel to a specific shop to get your piercing done and then wait before the first is healed before using larger ones ( there is tons of stuff in YPS that you could tie into like makeup, bathing, heels and the piercings.)

Anyway sorry if this is a bit long and also these are just my thoughts please dont think Im saying in anyway "you should do this, your ideas are stupid" Maybee just something else to think about.

metal_d.dds metal_n.dds leather.dds cuff.nif

1 hour ago, audhol said:

firstly a thousand apologies for being tardy with the cuffs, I will admit exporting .obj to convert to .nif was harder than I thought

Were all just learning. I didnt really do anything either

I take a look at it later

1 hour ago, audhol said:

In the case of JF if you go with DD locking, what's to stop the player using a key (spawned or otherwise) to unlock the device if you have no check from the JF that the item is still equipped? If you are running a scan to check the item is equipped then the locking script becomes redundant. I agree that there are lots of nice toys in the DD library as well as the anims and SL filter, however If you limit this mod to simply applying X item from DD then I think you will end up becoming another DFC clone.

Ah I think you completely misunderstood what I was going for - either that or my english decided to go on vacation

One of the reasons why Im having such issues with JF is because I want to avoid any plain device equipping. If I would just make an event "Yo, player. Wear this collar" and then the player has to wear a collar for all eternity we would already be in full release with 20 free events that do essential nothing but "Yo player, wear this device"

I assume you playtested A3 and ran into the few punishments and realized that the follower doesnt help you unequipping the Blindfold or Heavy Restraint via the Key Holding dialogue. Youre supposed to get rid of that yourself and there is no follow up once you do. Once you unequip the Blindfold (through any means that are in your reach)  the event is closed within 1 or 2 ingame hours (I let the engine call the close, which is a little slower than having a script doing it but imo more reliable/lighter). This is one of the few instances where I actually want to locking script to be there

Beyond that, devices are usually equipped on you to further describe a specific context and unequipped once w/e justification is over

1 hour ago, audhol said:

If you were to follow the check worn path you could flow more easily from benign requests to more hardcore stuff using the same scripts for example the Jf might ask the P.C. to wear a simple bracelet "I think this would look pretty on you." If the P.C. removes the bracelet the JF would be aware and the response could also depend on stress level of the JF, at low stress "oh that's a shame you dont want to wear the bracelet i gave you" and loss a bit of affection or at high stress "so you think your to good for the present I gave you, fine I'll take it back" remove item and take bigger hit to affection.

I wasnt really aware of something that trivial, just keep the locking script out of the device. Thats actually pretty interesting.. especially coupled with this interaction

I probably will come back to it

Truth be told, my secret masterplan to to bend humanity to my will - nyahahaha - .. isnt so secret anymore but also aims at making JFs own custom devices which act independent to DD

As already mentioned once, the cuffs youre creating together with the idle, whip and reaction animation (you are still on them, right? Not trying to rush you, just asking if nothing changed on that) are a ... very different approach to furniture that I havent seen anyone doing thus far. I dont want DD inside that system and depending on how this ends up taking shape, I can make devices very different to those used in DD, allowing for some more interesting interactions, including what you proposed (Ofc that would already be possible but I always go one step further to see if theres solid ground ahead)

1 hour ago, audhol said:

I wonder if more immersion could be added also this way, let's say you decide to use the cuffs in this mod well perhaps instead of just appearing magically in the inventory of the JF the JF would ask the P.C. to travel with them to a specific shop to get fitted up for special cuffs. Much in the same way as YPS does piercing, you have to travel to a specific shop to get your piercing done and then wait before the first is healed before using larger ones ( there is tons of stuff in YPS that you could tie into like makeup, bathing, heels and the piercings.)

Ah yes, lets make JF "Hearthfire DLC 2, Follower Edition", having unique questlines for each of the "special" devices that require you to do some dungeons to acquire ancient magical artifacts for kinky roleplaying

Id be up for that (..or I just add some items to shops)

Just imagine you collect all those crafting ingredients, craft the cuffs, then your follower tells you to "Equip them" and you get hit with the "The cuffs emit a strong magical aura, equip them anyway?" (-> Yes/No) and then have access to the invisible idle animations that you can be forced into when your follower feels like it

That could be an entire mod on its own! and except the invisible furniture it would be something the CK intends me to do for once! (Like the dungeon crawling to collect materials. There are tutorials for that.. there are no tutorials on how to place items randomly and dynamically in the overworld.. the game doesnt intend you to be able to do that..) (..or I just add some items to shops)

1 hour ago, audhol said:

Anyway sorry if this is a bit long and also these are just my thoughts please dont think Im saying in anyway "you should do this, your ideas are stupid" Maybee just something else to think about.

Im not. I prefer posts like that over most other posts as they are actually allowing for some discussing and collecting of ideas. I enjoy seeing people comming in here and just typing a short post that this mod looks amazing and they keep an eye on it (Hellow lurkers)  but that doesnt give me the idea to write what I just wrote above

Also I have no right to complain about posts being too long nor do I have any reason to do so (as long as those posts are more than just plain spam). I always type entire essays even when they arent needed. Just look at this post right here

Alpha 3.1

• Added a debug option to quickly increase affection level

• Added a very basic payment system, this is disabled on default:

"My Fair Share"

• With each tick, the Follower expects some payment, this is +/-20% of what you set in the MCM

• You pay the follower through JFs Misc Dialogue

• You can pay them more than you owe them. They will remember that you gave them this money and use it to cover future debt, there is no decay of stored credit at this point

• Depending on how much money you owe, your follower will be stressed out more easily or even lose affection

ToDo:

• Restructure MCM, "My Fair Share" made the General Tab quite a mess. Might move it to its own page. . Probably moving it to its own page

• Alpha 4 will feature "Complex Debt Calculation" which takes many variables into account to calculate debt more dynamically

• Adding "Credit Decay"?

• Adding a debt specific bad end

1 hour ago, Scrab said:

Ah I think you completely misunderstood what I was going for

Yes ok sorry if I misunderstood, and yes there could be some times when the JF locks an item from DD library on the P.C. If its not one of the main scenes of the mod the diversity could be interesting "I'm going to have fun watching you trying to struggle out of that"

1 hour ago, Scrab said:

you are still on them, right? Not trying to rush you, just asking if nothing changed on that)

100% absolutely, I'm really excited to see what this mod is going to become and if I can help in anyway I'm happy to. I think the best thing is for you to decide exactly how your going to script the event then tell me what you need. I made the 2 anims just for you to test out how to put it all together. So in the case of whipping will you want a walk to wall and assume position followed by waiting to be struck looping idle then 2 or 3 different (variety is the spice of life) being hit, a recovery to waiting idle followed by a get of the wall in pain at end? We have to be careful as a lot of mod users are near anim limits until Nemesis can do creature anims. Also I'm going to need you to be completely honest and say if you dont like something or it needs more work, I'm no expert and as long as its not "your shit I'm going to get Gunslicer to do it" any constructive criticism is welcome.

1 hour ago, Scrab said:

Ah yes, lets make JF "Hearthfire DLC 2, Follower Edition", having unique questlines for each of the "special" devices that require you to do some dungeons to acquire ancient magical artifacts for kinky roleplaying

Id be up for that (..or I just add some items to shops)

Just imagine you collect all those crafting ingredients, craft the cuffs, then your follower tells you to "Equip them" and you get hit with the "The cuffs emit a strong magical aura, equip them anyway?" (-> Yes/No) and then have access to the invisible idle animations that you can be forced into when your follower feels like it

That could be an entire mod on its own! and except the invisible furniture it would be something the CK intends me to do for once! (Like the dungeon crawling to collect materials. There are tutorials for that.. there are no tutorials on how to place items randomly and dynamically in the overworld.. the game doesnt intend you to be able to do that..) (..or I just add some items to shops)

The only limits of what you can do with JF is how much time and work you want to put into it. That is a brilliant idea to go on a quest for the ingredients needed to craft the magic cuffs of total obedience, like a joint adventure between JF and P.C. to gain an item that reinforces the control one has over the other. I love the idea that the JF says one word and that triggers the P.C. to perform the idle till JF says stop why stop at one? Ohhhhh wait you could have different items that perform functions like the cuffs can trigger idles, collar makes different voices (https://www.loverslab.com/files/file/13460-dwagonbown-goes-uwu/ ) as the P.C. gets higher levels of affection the Jf could gain more ldles to force on the character. Huh Huh I was getting carried away but I've got more ideas on that if you want!

For placing items couldn't you use the Automated level list addition script for SSEEdit?

59 minutes ago, audhol said:

and yes there could be some times when the JF locks an item from DD library on the P.C. If its not one of the main scenes of the mod the diversity could be interesting "I'm going to have fun watching you trying to struggle out of that"

Thats precisely what I was after. I know there are a lot of other mods that already do that so I try to keep it in isolated areas and rather sparingly but I think in the greater scheme of things it will bring in some refreshing diversity to the mod if not everything is chained to some (highly complex) event

I also plan on a very basic "Lock me up" event. Some 24/7 bondage lifestyle event that repeats itself over and over again, that one needs to be agreed to however.. in one way or another 

1 hour ago, audhol said:

your shit I'm going to get Gunslicer to do it

It there some rivalry between the two of you? :) 

Past week was too hot to really work on anything, before that I was working on the major overhaul that Affection brought with it, today I was finishing 3.1

If the weather stays as cold as it is right now, Im finally going to write the scripts for the animations. FNIS is already setup for them (I hope). A3.1 actually already has the test anims worked into it cause I was too lazy to revert those changes :^) 

As for "when I dont like something".. Perfection means failure, I hope to find some decent middleground

1 hour ago, audhol said:

Ohhhhh wait you could have different items that perform functions like the cuffs can trigger idles, collar makes different voices

Thats what I had in mind

Instead of going "Oh yea, make sure to wear those 42 diffferent devices just for the sake of wearing them" one could go and craft a few special magical devices with some special effects that you have to wear

You could go and make the collar Im using since A3 into something like that too. Instead of just giving it to the follower magically, youd need to do a quest to get it first unlocking those events first

Another collar to change your voice, sure

Maybe some can give some interesting buffs to have the player wonder whats actually happening

maybe something spaced out like turning pain into pleasure (reduces damage in exchange for increased arousal gain)

Maybe something more basic, vanilla as well. 

.. Id just need to make sure that it doesnt end up in "wearing 42 special devices all the time" and first Id also need to look for a way to create my own devices .. and then creating materials

Ye.. thats a lotta potential right there but its all rather useless if I cant get the devices to work in first place

1 hour ago, audhol said:

For placing items couldn't you use the Automated level list addition script for SSEEdit?

I looked at them once and noped out 2 seconds later, need to check out first what exactly is going on with them and how exactly the game places drops around the world

When I started scripting I kind of skipped all the basic stuff and went right to the advanced things so I lack info about "How to make a radiant quest"

50 minutes ago, Scrab said:

there some rivalry between the two of you?

haha have you seen his stuff? he's super talented and prolific really natural looking anims.

51 minutes ago, Scrab said:

need to check out first what exactly is going on with them and how exactly the game places drops around the world

Well most of the ingredients could be vanilla stuff and maybee just 1 or 2 exotics that you could hand place in ck no?

52 minutes ago, Scrab said:

turning pain into pleasure

Equally cursed and blessed! Items that buff one thing while creating a risk or debuff at the same time make gameplay a lot more interesting.

54 minutes ago, Scrab said:

Id just need to make sure that it doesnt end up in "wearing 42 special devices all the time"

What about just having Collar and arm/wrist cuffs as the core items of JF but that work like a charm bracelet inasmuch as you create the collar with the help of the JF but then later on at higher affection you move to stage 2 and have to craft a charm that would be attached to the collar. Each charm would have a small buff/debuff that works in unison with the base effects of the core collar. Imagine your cuffs that trigger idles, the stage one cuffs have a little doggy charm already attached so when the JF says woof the P.C. has to idle and walk like a pooch. Stage 2 could be a kitty charm so now the JF could say woof or meowww. (stop me if i'm getting carried away) 3 charm horse, when Jf says neiggggh P.C. has to do horsey idle but also when travelling has to carry JF on piggyback! stage 4 cow (MME tie in) etc etc. 

This would also only use 3 body slots so there's loads of room to still do force equips of DD's or fashion items that please the JF.

Reading JoyfulFollowers
>>Warning: Inconsistent mod JoyfulFollowers. Number of animations differs between FNIS List (1) and corresponding behavior file (0)<<
 V2.0 ...     ChAnims:35(34)     CTD:1.6%     pOpt:0.2%
        NOTE: JoyfulFollowers uses outdated behavior file (may invalidate CTD Load calculation)

29 minutes ago, audhol said:

haha have you seen his stuff? he's super talented and prolific really natural looking anims.

I have to admit, I havent. I saw he creates GPoses but I never really got into trying out any poses so... (Well I wanted to at one point but Im a potato and didnt get it to work)

30 minutes ago, audhol said:

Well most of the ingredients could be vanilla stuff and maybee just 1 or 2 exotics that you could hand place in ck no?

I was thinking about using Vanilla gems & ingots and some other "rare" materials like Dragon Bones, Crimson Nirnroot or Sleeping Tree Sap

Sleeping Tree Sap is also one of those things that I assume each and everyone has been stumbled across at one point but none of us really knows why its there. Its this super unique drug that you only get in one location in the entire game (+ some merchants) but not even the game itself really seems to recognize it and Crimson Nirnroot just exists.. which I find kind of wasted. Blackreach is such a cool place to be, giving it some reason to come back for other things than killing chaurus would be really fun imo

(Whats the plural of "Chaurus"? Just Chaurus? Chauruses? Chaures... Chaurie..?)

Then maybe a few quest specific items that you only get through JFs radiant quests which I had to introduce then

Id find it interesting if I had a few unique materials that JF introduces in the drop tables. Meridias beacon but without the annoying voice as material  and if you know what they are used for, you "could" do some interesting things with them while your follower isnt watching..

If Im already on it, maybe introduce a very rare gem then too, for the present feature.. and now that I think about it maybe a way to polish gems to turn a normal gem into a flawless one

55 minutes ago, audhol said:

What about just having Collar and arm/wrist cuffs as the core items of JF but that work like a charm bracelet inasmuch as you create the collar with the help of the JF but then later on at higher affection you move to stage 2 and have to craft a charm that would be attached to the collar.

I was thinking about using some liquid materials to craft oils or so. In Rising of the Shield hero they use some magical .. I dont know what it is. but they use it to paint a slave crest on victims. I was thinking about maybe using something similar 

Only using them sparingly would prbly also be the better way to go with them, considering that the mod is about more than just fetching materials to get some devices going

Unsure how broad the cuffs will eventually be too. Are they about taking complete control of the victim or really just doing what they were originally intended for (remember, the original idead of those cuffs should just link themselfves to a wall)

Maybe making them decay would also be interesting. That their enchantment wears off and then theyre just normal devices

26 minutes ago, audhol said:

Reading JoyfulFollowers
>>Warning: Inconsistent mod JoyfulFollowers. Number of animations differs between FNIS List (1) and corresponding behavior file (0)<<
 V2.0 ...     ChAnims:35(34)     CTD:1.6%     pOpt:0.2%
        NOTE: JoyfulFollowers uses outdated behavior file (may invalidate CTD Load calculation)

FNIS_JoyfulFollowers_Behavior.hkx

Replace the behavior file (inside \meshes\actors\character\behaviors) with this one. Works with no error for me

If its still not working, use the one in A3.0

As mentioned, I already did some changes to the FNIS integration to test out the whipping frame, thats why that error is there

52 minutes ago, Scrab said:

Unsure how broad the cuffs will eventually be too. Are they about taking complete control of the victim or really just doing what they were originally intended for (remember, the original idead of those cuffs should just link themselfves to a wall)

Yes I got a bit carried away with my train of thought thinking about making a collar with little smp trinkets jangling away and each one giving the JF more control over the P.C.

1 hour ago, Scrab said:

Maybe making them decay would also be interesting. That their enchantment wears off and then theyre just normal devices

Interesting, maybe they're not cuffs at all when you put them on perhaps just fancy jewelry (still obtained through crafting task) this then comes back to what you were saying about an uneasy feeling and radiating magic and they only become the wall attach cuffs when the JF thinks the P.C. needs a whippin.

54 minutes ago, Scrab said:

I was thinking about using some liquid materials to craft oils or so. In Rising of the Shield hero they use some magical .. I dont know what it is. but they use it to paint a slave crest on victims

That's an item equip but I think it could be done through slavetats

P.S. I think it's churai 

2 hours ago, audhol said:

Yes I got a bit carried away with my train of thought thinking about making a collar with little smp trinkets jangling away and each one giving the JF more control over the P.C.

Not at all, I like the idea but were overthinking it right now

Step by step or you end up being overwhelmed

This collar with the dog tags sounds really cool and Id love to implement it at one point, for now however itll be easier to focus on one task to see if any of this is even possible

Interesting, maybe they're not cuffs at all when you put them on perhaps just fancy jewelry (still obtained through crafting task) this then comes back to what you were saying about an uneasy feeling and radiating magic and they only become the wall attach cuffs when the JF thinks the P.C. needs a whippin.

I was thinking about doing it similar to how weapon enchantments work but once the enchantment reaches 0, the item isnt just simply "empty" but "breaks into pieces"

While it still contains magic its fancy jewelry that does fancy stuff when someone triggers it.. which makes me wonder how much "cuffs" they need to be 

That's an item equip but I think it could be done through slavetats

I dont know if you can detect slavetats as easily as an item tho

12 hours ago, Scrab said:

I dont know if you can detect slavetats as easily as an item tho

You can apparently wear an item that isnt marked as such by the engine

I did a small test plugin .. to test something (yes actually) and created a spell that summons a daedric armor on you. This armor seems to be working like any other armor, only difference is that its not visible inside your inventory. I need to make sure to clean that up properly on removal (as the player obviously cant remove the item themselves if they cant see it) but beyond that could be the better way to go than slavetats - I still assume it isnt nearly as simple to check for a specific slavetat as it is to check for a piece of armor and its easier to just put the enchantment on the item itself rather than using a workaround