12 hours ago, Scrab said:

Step by step or you end up being overwhelmed

Agreed, so as you've started do you want to try to get the whipping into alpha 0.58426513 (I'm teasing)

12 hours ago, Scrab said:

I was thinking about doing it similar to how weapon enchantments work but once the enchantment reaches 0, the item isnt just simply "empty" but "breaks into pieces"

While it still contains magic its fancy jewelry that does fancy stuff when someone triggers it.. which makes me wonder how much "cuffs" they need to be 

Shall I try to make some fancy bracelets and anklets that are jewelry? Maybe with one charm on them so it could be part of the same theme as the collar if you decide to go that way and if not we can just delete the charm. What little charm could symbolize whipping? Or could the charm be just a tiny ring that could grow when the jf activates the enchantment. Does the enchantment pull the P.C. to the wall or does it "persuade" them to walk there or even the P.C. willingly complies when JF wants to whip them?

37 minutes ago, audhol said:

alpha 0.58426513

Pls were already in Alpha3.1, just 39 more and I might consider starting to count anew with Beta1.0 

(Unfortunately I dont know if Im joking here. Filling a mod as "complicated" as JF with content is farily rough (Complicated as in there are dozens of scenarios which need some events))

37 minutes ago, audhol said:

Shall I try to make some fancy bracelets and anklets that are jewelry? Maybe with one charm on them so it could be part of the same theme as the collar if you decide to go that way and if not we can just delete the charm. What little charm could symbolize whipping?

That sounds interesting

I recently stumbled across this texture mod here:

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/38544

When you check the screensshots, somewhere at the end in the interior shots there are some screens of walls and ceilings having some old nordic symbols engraved into them

I wonder if making the jewelry using those engravements as inspiration would be interesting. Not necessarily stone bracelets but those engravements as decoration to show that theres indeed some ancient origin with them and to polish it all up, a gem fittet inside of it. Going all out with detail you could indeed add a small symbol into that gem, showing a person with a whip or just the whip itself (not in high detail, keep it simple with a stickman)

Spoiler

image.png.29ff588fd3a94a500d313117b450a6e5.png

(only 1 gem, not 4)

or one could do a gold or silver bracelet that doesnt cover the entire area, could still fit a gem into it

Spoiler

image.png.92ba8c9715a06235eec23d7ecccbb6a1.png

=======

For other devices, maybe one could use some dwemer tech as well. "The ancient dwemer used this to make sure the Snow Elves dont revolt" 

I never created anything of the sort, so I dont know how much Im asking for right now

16 minutes ago, Scrab said:

I wonder if making the jewelry using those engravements as inspiration would be interesting.

My potato gpu just had a breakdown looking at those textures! The idea however is brilliant, it's completely lore friendly instead of a word wall it's a whipping wall!

A simple bracelet with a large gem would be easy to texture afterwards with a whipping picture overlaid onto the gem I like the open ones better but then I like to have lots of skin on show for my character. I'm on it, will keep you updated.

Do you prefer we move this to P.M. to not flood your thread and also keep some surprises for the "paying public?"

32 minutes ago, audhol said:

A simple bracelet with a large gem would be easy to texture afterwards with a whipping picture overlaid onto the gem I like the open ones better but then I like to have lots of skin on show for my character. I'm on it, will keep you updated.

Up to you. Maybe you can find some middle ground between the two 

Even if not, theres no saying that its the only device ever going to be created and exchanging models is fairly simple. If nothing else, one could still make an alternative model and build a fomod to support it

32 minutes ago, audhol said:

Do you prefer we move this to P.M. to not flood your thread and also keep some surprises for the "paying public?"

I usually dont mind if people read whats planned but guess at this point might not be too bad of an idea

Hello,

First of all, thanks you for your work.

I think I have an issue (I'm currently using the Alpha 3.0).

I've encountered 3 events (Searching in the wild, Drinking Event, My cut). However, now that they have happened once, they don't happen anymore. I've checked the requirements for each of them to make sure it's okay (and waited for the cooldown to be inactive) yet nothing happen anymore. Am I missing something ?

I apologize in advance for my wall of text, but I had some ideas for a mod that I thought didn't exist, but looking at this mod, I think it might actually fill that role. (At least to a degree)

I had been primarily an LE player. I had SE, but never got too much into it because at the time, SE didn't have the selection of mods I wanted. Technically still isn't at 100%. But anyway, There was a particular mod I was recommended to try that isn't available in LE. So I installed SE and started searching for other mods and came across this. I was excited to see it. I have literally just started the SE game and have this mod installed. Nothing has happened yet, but I look forward. I believe this mod can help offset what I feel is a glaring issue in Skyrim. I usually travel with Serana as my primary, game-long companion. I am looking forward to seeing what this mod can do to alleviate what I feel is a plot-hole. While I love this companion overall, I am not the biggest fan of the her personal story. Her blood is of the Daedric Lord of Domination. Yet there is very little about Serana that is dominant. At the same time, you are the Dovahkiin. According to Paarurnax, The same nature where Alduin ..."Took domination as his birthright." is in all Dov including the Dovahkiin.

How I believe her story is all wrong, is that I believe there should a back and forth antagonistic undertone between the two, for dominance. 

This gave me an idea for a mechanic that tallies the number of Dragon Souls acquired and generates a socre. The idea that taking on the nature of the Dov, by absorbing souls means taking on more of that nature......The desire to dominate. If this score gets too high, there would be consequences. As you become more like the very thing you are fighting, People become fearful. Maybe bounty hunters. Maybe becoming wanted in cities and holds. Or maybe when an NPC makes a rude comment, you haul off an punch them, giving you an assault and now wanted for a crime.

The score could be offset by voluntary acts of submission.......to a follower. Or maybe the follower sees this and decides to "lovingly" help.

I've never really liked AA for the reasons above. I don't like the story. I had started to create a Serana Specific patch that would alter her story for my personal taste / use. But if this mod does what I hope it does, I might just scrap that, and maybe create my own personal dialogue patch specific to Serana making her more dominant.

Well, I need to do something with the voice edits I've been making. LOL.

stuckhere.wav

18 hours ago, Luvia said:

Am I missing something ?

What requirments are you using? Are you sure youve got them right? With A3.0, requirements changed a lot

SitW actually needs to find a locatioin to store clothes. Triggering that one can be weird, I usually need multiple attempts until I can trigger it in my testing as well. Its weird but I actually like that way. Makes the mod little less predictable , more random

My Cut: make sure you have the correct time and gold. Theres actually a lot of things you need to make sure to trigger this one

Drinking: Again: Make sure you are entering an inn between 20 and 24.00. Your followers stress also needs to be somewhat low (I think that applies to all events)

Im going to post updated requirements later.. tomorrow.. soonTM

17 hours ago, bishlapped said:

So I installed SE

Wlc ?

But I dont understand, wheres the suggestion, the question, the expectation!

Also call me stupid but I dont know what you mean by AA. All that gets to my head when reading this is "Auto Attack" but I doubt you mean that

4 hours ago, Scrab said:

What requirments are you using? Are you sure youve got them right? With A3.0, requirements changed a lot

SitW actually needs to find a locatioin to store clothes. Triggering that one can be weird, I usually need multiple attempts until I can trigger it in my testing as well. Its weird but I actually like that way. Makes the mod little less predictable , more random

My Cut: make sure you have the correct time and gold. Theres actually a lot of things you need to make sure to trigger this one

Drinking: Again: Make sure you are entering an inn between 20 and 24.00. Your followers stress also needs to be somewhat low (I think that applies to all events)

Wlc ?

But I dont understand, wheres the suggestion, the question, the expectation!

Also call me stupid but I dont know what you mean by AA. All that gets to my head when reading this is "Auto Attack" but I doubt you mean that

Sorry, AA is Amorous Adventures. LE is Old Skyrim and SE is Special Edition.

I was just pointing out that in both Skyrim and in the AA mod, Serana doesn't feel right. She is far too passive.  But for me, I can use this mod to make up for that. At least to some degree.

What I was asking was if you thought it would be a good idea to add a mechanic that, if activated, would give the player a reason to want or need to submit to the follower at least sometimes.

The rest of it was just me going on about nothing.

6 hours ago, Scrab said:

I think I've had all those requirements, I will try again. Thanks you for your response.

On 8/18/2020 at 12:49 PM, bishlapped said:

What I was asking was if you thought it would be a good idea to add a mechanic that, if activated, would give the player a reason to want or need to submit to the follower at least sometimes.

You mean rewarding you for being submissive?

This mod isnt build around any hardcore slavery, so being submissive can lead to kind words in one way or another. Im unsure what sort of reward you expect, Im not too fond of throwing gems or weapons at you for being submissive in some way. Especially because Im planing on allowing you to throw them right back at your follower for some affection points

Ah yes, an update that doesnt include some sort of major overhaul

Joyful Followers Alpha 4

New Content

- Added "My Fair Share" (Debt System)

Spoiler

"My fair Share" is JFs new (budget) Debt System. Its disabled on default

Enable it in the MCM if you want to use it

Something to note about this debt system is that there is no follow up on it. If youre having debt, pay it off. End of story. This is not a DF kind of debt system that requires you to store debt to have anything going. There are no events when your debt goes crazy and as of now, Im not planning on ever changing anything on that 

JFs Debt System is divided in a total of 5 sections:

- Credit

- Debt Free

- Low Debt

- High Debt

- Excessive Debt

Each section has some own characteristics and except Credit & Debt Free all of them make your live harder. Pay up.

"Credit": Increased Affection gain

"Debt Free": Free of characteristics!

"Low Debt": Increased Stress gain

"High Debt": Increased Stress gain + Stress now increases in cities + No Affection gain

"Excessive Debt": Increased Stress gain + Stress now increases in cities + Affection Loss + Bad End unlocked (if enabled)

Credit is a stage that you access by having less than 0 debt. I allow you do adjust how Credit is handled: Does it decay? How fast does it decay? 

Credit is used to pay debt in advance. Meaning if you have 5k Credit, those 5k will be used up first before Debt is again accumulated. There is no option to disable Credit altogether

There are 2 models one can choose from to define how Debt is calculated

- Simple Debt Calculation: Gain a flat amount of debt with each tick. How much depends on your MCM Setting

- Complex Debt Calculation: If enabled, the follower will keep track of how much money you make in between ticks and expects a % share of that. How much depends on your MCM Setting as well as how close you are to your follower (Affection) and how stressed out they are (Stress). Note that this is an experimental thing, it wont break your game but calculation may be weird

You can pay up through JFs Misc Dialogue. The order here is a bit weird. I still dont really understand how to order the choices you have.. its weird

Changes

- Drinking Event is shorter.. faster.. less time consuming? I felt like it is too much a button mash simulator. I increased the chance of you winning as well as reduced the maximum rounds. For compensation, the debuff stacks up more quickly

- Due to My Fair Share, the MCM got a slight overhaul. A 5th Page for My Fair Share has been added and some other minor changes. Note that the Debug Page is still a mess

..I think thats it. I still need some new neat ideas for future updates 

9 hours ago, Scrab said:

..I think thats it. I still need some new neat ideas for future updates 

Hello,

Thank you for the work on this mod. I love the concept. As for ideas...

Mine aren't great ideas, but I'll toss them out there anyway, maybe you can get a better idea from one.

I'm trying to keep with a teasing or playful theme.

(By "you" I mean either PC or follower depending)

How about chaining an event off the drinking challenge. Factoring in the S/D score and the margin of victory (Meaning, not much is going to happen if they are both passed out drunk, but if one is far more drunk than the other and is also more submissive, then an event can happen. Such an event might be similar to having to clean Dibella's temple, only now it's the inn because you made quite the mess. And maybe even have to complete several tasks like chopping firewood and/or running an errand or 2 for the innkeeper. Maybe even implement similar rules like from the stolen event. You have to do them naked (depending on D/S score), then you get your clothes back.

A spanking game (Not whipping) There is at least one OTK Spanking animation in ZAZ. Such as losing a bet. Winning or losing the bet because it might be rigged in favor of the dominant score.

A maybe a private or possibly public pony show / parade depending on D/S score.

Follower makes arrangements with guards to frame and arrest player on false minor charges while guards harass player for a few hrs, follower watches on highly entertained.

20 hours ago, Murderdevil said:

honestly dont know how to use this mod.

The reason why barely anything triggers is because theres just barely any content.  Its not easy to design a "consensual" bdsm mod about more than just occasional "tying you up" events

The next update will introduce the present feature alongside some new interactions which are unlocked using the debt system. Im probably going to just add a "Im bored" dialogue in the misc tree too, just giving you some straight up interaction with your follower

New random events are hard to come by even in this early stage

This answer probably doesnt satisfy you but Im unsure how this mod is "too complex". What exactly dont you understand?

(and if I may, what did you expect to happen? I know how trivial this question seems)

1 hour ago, Scrab said:

The next update will introduce the present feature alongside some new interactions which are unlocked using the debt system.

I don't mean to nag but wasn't your original vision less concerned with payment and debt? Did this change or are you just using the debt system to get some practise while your vision for the main aspects of the mod develops?

6 hours ago, JnnsMu said:

I don't mean to nag but wasn't your original vision less concerned with payment and debt? Did this change or are you just using the debt system to get some practise while your vision for the main aspects of the mod develops?

I didnt entirely change my standpoint. What I mean by that and what Im going to do with that is that e.g. when you hit your follower and apologize for it, there will be an additional interaction going along the line "Well. All right. Just pay me X gold and we forget about it"

Im probably going to split the My Fair Share MCM into "Debt System Enable" and "Debt interaction enable" too

It wont be anything big but now that I introduced it in a... less basic manner I dont want to make it feel too out of place

... and yes. Theres no point denying that one thing is also that I didnt want this mod to rot while I think about new stuff

The present feature however was requested very early in development and now it kind of fits into the mod imo. Its optional entirely and you dont have to give your follower any goodies if you dont want to. Its just a way to increase affection more quickly

Also Ive got some really cool idea with a guessing game that kind of requires a present system. Its not needed but imo not having that system makes the guessing game feel slightly out of place..  and pointless ?

...I also want to introduce some 24/7-By-Your-Side features so that the mod feels overall less empty

• 2 weeks later...

Hey, i've just encountered a bug (but i have quite a few mods so it may be a conflict, but better to report this anyway)

So, i didn't sleep for a long time (because i forgot this was a mechanic in this mod), and got the "wasted" effect, and now, after sleeping, it wont go away, no matter how much i sleep. It shows in the MCM "wake" rather than "wasted", but its still in my active effects. i also tried using the MCM debug options, but they didn't work either.

Is there some way i can just remove it with the console (i'm not sure how to remove effects)? because if i cant fix it, id rather just get rid of it

11 hours ago, AnInsaneMoose said:

Hey, i've just encountered a bug (but i have quite a few mods so it may be a conflict, but better to report this anyway)

So, i didn't sleep for a long time (because i forgot this was a mechanic in this mod), and got the "wasted" effect, and now, after sleeping, it wont go away, no matter how much i sleep. It shows in the MCM "wake" rather than "wasted", but its still in my active effects. i also tried using the MCM debug options, but they didn't work either.

Is there some way i can just remove it with the console (i'm not sure how to remove effects)? because if i cant fix it, id rather just get rid of it

Did you try waiting an entire tick? (6 hrs default) 
I found a slight flaw in design that causes debuffs to be checked only with ticks - not when youre sleeping. Ill change that in the next update

Try that out first pls before using the console

You should be able to remove the perk with the console using "player.removeperk [JF's Place in LO]014596"... I think

On 8/29/2020 at 3:59 PM, bishlapped said:

What about a "Random Pranks" mechanic. as a means of Stress relief to keep the mod more active? 

As a matter of fact thats something Im thinking about for a while now ? 

Hard to come up with super small events that are so minor that they could tecnically just be ignored if you wanted to tho

1 hour ago, Scrab said:

I found a slight flaw in design that causes debuffs to be checked only with ticks - not when youre sleeping. Ill change that in the next update

You should be able to remove the perk with the console using "player.removeperk [JF's Place in LO]014596"... I think

Hard to come up with super small events that are so minor that they could tecnically just be ignored if you wanted to tho

Ah, thank you so much, yeah, waiting 6 hours away from a bed did indeed work

Just out of curiosity, why is using the sleep menu different from the wait menu?

1 hour ago, AnInsaneMoose said:

Just out of curiosity, why is using the sleep menu different from the wait menu?

No clue

Sleeping and Waiting are two different things from the systems POV. What looks like the same menu to you are 2 different processes for the system

I however always thought that sleep events dont pause pollings, I think thats also why I didnt have the perks update specifically when you sleep - I expected it to be updated through the normal polling event anyway, so no need to call it a second time

Anyway, it shouldnt matter all that much. Its impact on my balancing is neglectable and your debuff should update with sleeping now too :) 

On 9/9/2020 at 2:05 AM, Scrab said:

You could base the likelihood be ignoring the event on the S/D score, where if the player is more submissive, it's very difficult to ignore, but for a dominant player, they can tell the follower to knock it off, where a more neutral score might require a simple speech skill check. But then, what constitutes boredom / stress relief for the follower? Most of the ideas that pop into my head, seem to revolve around the follower (enjoying the view) trying to figure out different ways of getting the player to run around naked and or bound. These attempts could backfire on the follower too. But the idea is more for entertainment than punishment.

Also, the author of Devious Followers created a blog about "A different kind of follower". It was his idea for a mod, but has admitted will probably never happen. The article may contain some ideas. It could be worth a read. In a nutshell, the idea is that the player could actually become the follower.

On 9/10/2020 at 4:33 PM, bishlapped said:

You could base the likelihood be ignoring the event on the S/D score, where if the player is more submissive, it's very difficult to ignore, but for a dominant player, they can tell the follower to knock it off, where a more neutral score might require a simple speech skill check.

The idea is to have some very basic events. Basic as in "I quickly forcedrug you with something" or "I steal your clothes"

You can either proceed and ignore what the follower just did (wait out whatever they gave you, wear something else) or talk to them and get some revenge or your stuff back

On 9/10/2020 at 4:33 PM, bishlapped said:

But the idea is more for entertainment than punishment.

That is what Im aiming for

Keep in mind: This isnt a slavery mod. The entire idea evolves around entertaining one another with stupid ideas/events. Things like "Walk around on all fours 24/7 with a collar harness, gag, mittens and blindfold and serve everyone you come across because your follower tells you so" arent things Im aiming at

While Im going to utilize ideas like that, "prostitution" will be less in "SERVE THAT GUY OR ELSE" but more in a way of "Oh you want that? Well Id love to give it to you but...... I gave it that guy over there, maybe you could make him pay you somehow..?".. at least for the most part

I prefer the idea of agreeing something you dont like because youre pressured to do so over being straight up forced to do something you dont like

I use creature content in this mod in this way. Even if I make an option to disable creature content in the MCM, I will leave the player with the option to engage creatures anyway. "Do something you dont want to do in exchange for something you desperately want"

This self humiliation could be entertaining for another. Its not about punishment

Would it be interesting to have some backstory hidden in some events and the like? (That question isnt completly random out of the blue. Not at all)

Im currently reworking the custom devices JF uses, noting some concepts for future events and thought about "hiding" some hints here and there about what your Follower was up to before they met you

Kind of in the way as Metroid games do it where you have some clues here and there. In dialogue, in events (through other NPCs) or through custom devices. They arent really in your face so you could tecnically just skip over them

Without really giving it too much thought I got this idea:

Spoiler

Sympathize the follower more as a ... well following the original idea of the follower being more of a maniac trying to own a person to satisfy their own greed and needs but never really managed to do it and youre "another approach"

Theres also another idea which is... significantly harder to do:

One of them going for a more "tragic past" and your followers slightly dominant attitude more described as an effort to see how "the other side" looks like

Id appreciate if you dont want to answer to at least drop me a like on this post to let me know that youd like to see smth like that :) 

(Yes Im also working on new events. Im not only reworking stuff. Its just really hard to find proper triggers for new events)

23 minutes ago, Scrab said:

Would it be interesting to have some backstory hidden in some events and the like?

Absolutely, you've already stated this isn't a mod forcing equipping "x" dd for 24 hrs but about an interactive sub/dom relationship between the p.c. and the follower. I wonder if this mod is not going more towards being a standalone follower mod like vildja or sofia? Something to think about rather than an add on to existing follower frameworks. Im sure theres lots more work involved to make a completely separate follower framework but then you would be free to add any custom events or behaviors without fighting EFF, AFT, NFF etc as well as DFc SLr and the like all fighting for control. Also a follower could be created to fit the personality looks wise. Anyway if you working on this mod id better get my arse in gear and finish what I started!