Immersive Hair Growth and Styling SSE (YPS Devious & Immersive Fashion 2020-05-09)

3 hours ago, Saber2th said:

I'm using BHUNP Body.

I turned off the nail mesh in the mcm as the nails are for CBBE bodies. I took a look at them in bodyshop and nifscope to try and fix, but this is beyonfd my skill levels. Also using BHUNP. 

On 7/3/2022 at 4:25 AM, Fuzzy_Fox said:

I turned off the nail mesh in the mcm as the nails are for CBBE bodies. I took a look at them in bodyshop and nifscope to try and fix, but this is beyonfd my skill levels. Also using BHUNP. 

Ah I see, that's too bad. I pretty much use this mod for the makeup and nail polish only.

• 2 weeks later...

I am doing a male play-through.  Just want to have hair growth is all.  I am curious.  Why does this mod require devious devices (other than the fact they are masters).  I don't really have any interest in that mod, even with most female play-throughs.  I don't mind the bondage aspect as much as I hate being in a situation that I can't get out of without investing significant amounts of time.

Edited by shebop
1 minute ago, shebop said:

I am doing a male play-through.  Just want to have hair growth is all.  I am curious.  Why does this mod require devious devices (other than the fact they are masters).  I don't really have any interest in that mod, even with most female play-throughs.  I don't mind the bondage aspect as much as I hate being in a situation that I can't get out of without investing significant amounts of time.

I believe it uses DD's functionality for things like the hair (really hidden wigs using DD scripts to stay attached) and nails. 

Out of curiosity, how many overlay slots could be handled by Skyrim SE without killing the game? Primarily head and body slot count is my concern due to this, Apropos and the new Wear & Tear mod relying on Slavetats for applying overlays.

Edited by Jgoftl
49 minutes ago, Jgoftl said:

Out of curiosity, how many overlay slots could be handled by Skyrim SE without killing the game? Primarily head and body slot count is my concern due to this, Apropos and the new Wear & Tear mod relying on Slavetats for applying overlays.

I'm not sure what the theoretical upper limit is, but I set mine to 24 each for body and face, and 5 each for hands and feet. Seems to work fine.

1 hour ago, gregaaz said:

I'm not sure what the theoretical upper limit is, but I set mine to 24 each for body and face, and 5 each for hands and feet. Seems to work fine.

Thank you. That's actually what I was hoping to hear. I usually run 12 for face and body and 6 for hands and feet. Wasn't sure if I could go higher on the body and face count.

I've been experiencing some interesting issues with a combination of YPS, certain hair styles and character expressions.

Basically my issue is this: Sometimes when YPS hair control is enabled expressions of characters gets stuck (cannot be modified by the mods that usually modify expressions such as Sexlab, Sexlab Survival (Open Mouth) and Conditional Expressions Extended)

I've been experimenting a lot with this, and it does not happen with all hairstyles (some hairstyle packs seem to be exempt from the problem).

The conditions for it happening are:

• YPS Hair control is enabled
  • A "bad" hair cut has been selected
  • A NiNodeUpdate occurs

You may be wondering about that last point on the list. Well. I tested this quite extensively. In the MCM you can control whether or not an NiNodeUpdate should be executed during a hair check. Now I usually leave this off. In fact I do not even enable the plugin before I've disabled it), but if I do not do so, after the first hair check, the player expression gets stuck if a bad hair cut has been selected.

If I enable Hair control but keep NiNodeUpdate disabled and then start a sexlab scene, the expresion of the character also gets stuck. Now, I looked into the source code of SLU+ (which I am also using), and yes, That is also doing a NiNodeUpdate during character positioning.

If I start a Sexlab scene (with the same bad hairstyle) without having enabled hair control, everything is fine and the expressions of the character works as they are supposed to. This leads me to believe that YPS is doing something that causes the expressions to get stuck after hair control has been enabled the first time.

A "temporary solution" is to open/close racemenu (no need to make any modifications). That causes the expressions to start working again. Until the next NiNodeUpdate, that is. Which is during the next Sexlab Scene, so it is not really much of a workaround.

Anyone experienced anything similar? Or someone perhaps knows a thing or two about modding to see where to look in YPS to fix it? I was looking for some event that might be called during a NiNodeUpdate, but I could not find anything. I also tried to look at the logic being executed when hair control is enabled, but could not see anything suspicious there either.

EDIT:

Additional evidence that it is the NiNodeUpdate that is the trigger: If I  change the "device hider slot" in Devious Devices, this will also trigger a NiNodeUpdate. And yes. That also causes the facial animations to freeze.

Function UpdateDeviceHiderSlot()
	int slot = libs.Config.DevicesUnderneathSlot - 1
	libs.Log("Set Device Hider slot to "+(slot+30)+".")
	zad_DeviceHider.SetSlotMask(Math.LeftShift(1, slot))
	RebuildSlotMask(libs.PlayerRef)
	if !libs.PlayerRef.IsOnMount()
		libs.PlayerRef.QueueNiNodeUpdate()
	EndIf
EndFunction

Edited by leakim
On 6/4/2022 at 6:17 AM, ebbluminous said:

I have used YPS for quite sometime with no issues.

Recently, I had to do a full re-install of Skyrim and now I have some issues with a couple of the MCM screen. The piercing slot selection and a number of drop options are not visible. Has anyone else encountered this before and have a fix?

Hide contents

1.png

2.png

I have the same issue, no idea what is causing it

On 7/17/2022 at 5:25 AM, shebop said:

Heyho want the same thing. Today i tried to install the "YPS Immersive Hair growth and styling Lite" from LE Files (no DD, SL Requirements) change the jsons with my customnized ones, an using the TexturePack from SSE. Well, Hair growth did work and some other things too (nails, lips, debug items etc...), but other things didnt work (e.g. Piercing and SOS Pubes (SlaveTats Textures will be applied thought)). Im no developer, so the only thing i did is mess arround with files, i didnt touch the scrips. But this is no healthy solution and could damage your savefile. As long nobody will proper convert the File you probably use the dd version or play without it. I did compare the Lite and the DD Version and i quess the scrips are also the reason for the dd dependency (But i dont know for sure).

17 hours ago, sirgilly said:

I have the same issue, no idea what is causing it

By any chance do you have MenuMaid2? My fix was to have that disabled on a new game, which allowed this to initialize correctly. Once I have this set up (and everything else, for that matter), I enable MM2 (by disabling the 'Dismiss' option), save, reload, and everything works as expected.

Before I realized MM2 was the 'issue', I could also fix it by using ReSaver/FallRim tools to remove all references to the mod in the savegame, then let it get set up again after that. That's a 'last option' to fix it in an existing save though, and may cause other issues, so be wary. YMMV.

3 hours ago, Scautura said:

By any chance do you have MenuMaid2? My fix was to have that disabled on a new game, which allowed this to initialize correctly. Once I have this set up (and everything else, for that matter), I enable MM2 (by disabling the 'Dismiss' option), save, reload, and everything works as expected.

Before I realized MM2 was the 'issue', I could also fix it by using ReSaver/FallRim tools to remove all references to the mod in the savegame, then let it get set up again after that. That's a 'last option' to fix it in an existing save though, and may cause other issues, so be wary. YMMV.

Well I'll be damned, you are right! @ebbluminous check this out. Do you know if everything still works and it is simply not showing up after it is configured? It seems to be working.

5 hours ago, Scautura said:

1 hour ago, sirgilly said:

Well I'll be damned, you are right! @ebbluminous check this out. Do you know if everything still works and it is simply not showing up after it is configured? It seems to be working.

Yeah, I have MM2 installed as well. I've give it a go!

1 hour ago, sirgilly said:

Another question for anyone here, has anyone managed to make the heels training system work with any heels other than devious? Mine does not seem to detect any heels, not sure why.

Works ok for me and all heels

8 hours ago, sirgilly said:

6 hours ago, ebbluminous said:

Yeah, I have MM2 installed as well. I've give it a go!

As far as I can tell, everything works as expected. I've seen heel training stuff working, and hair works, so I think (from what I can tell, at least) that it's just MM2 preventing YPS from initializing properly first time. Some conflict in timing and YPS loses. This is for a character who's been active for maybe a couple of in-game weeks, but I didn't notice head hair notifications, although I've noticed other hair notifications.

Also to add, I've had some non-DD heels that work as expected. Not that I remember offhand which mod they're from. ?‍♂️ It's been a while, and I'm not sure I have any right now. DX armor comes to mind.

Edited by Scautura
Added heel info.
  • 2 weeks later...

Good day,

I am debating if I want to use the Stocking mod from the Mod Page since it's CBBE body and not (BH)UNP. 
I was looking on Nexus SE and came across: ZMD'S Pantyhose Stockings and Pattern Tights RaceMenu Overlays SE and I was wondering if these Racemenu type stockings would work with YPS? 

If I'm not mistaking the Monoman YPS Tweaks come with Stockings...? So if I can not find new stockings, I guess it's not a big problem.
Lastly, I doubt it is possible; but is it possible to use other hair packs? I was looking for the hair pack in the SSE Json from DL page (from Dint999) and came across this. 
HDT-SMP Racemenu Hair or Wigs - Xing - Dint999

Edited by Straze
2 hours ago, Straze said:

I am debating if I want to use the Stocking mod from the Mod Page since it's CBBE body and not (BH)UNP. 
I was looking on Nexus SE and came across: ZMD'S Pantyhose Stockings and Pattern Tights RaceMenu Overlays SE and I was wondering if these Racemenu type stockings would work with YPS? 

Only the stockings mod linked in the mod post is supported. You could swap out textures from other mods, but they're usable on UNP-based bodies.

If I'm not mistaking the Monoman YPS Tweaks come with Stockings...? So if I can not find new stockings, I guess it's not a big problem.

Monoman's YPS tweak uses the same stockings textures that YPS does, it just changes them to Racemenu overlays and makes them individual items rather than a pack.

Lastly, I doubt it is possible; but is it possible to use other hair packs?

As long as you have a properly-formatted JSON for it, you can use any hair pack you like.

51 minutes ago, chaimhewast said:

Only the stockings mod linked in the mod post is supported. You could swap out textures from other mods, but they're usable on UNP-based bodies.

Just to be sure if I understood correctly; I can download the stockings shared in the earlier post, and use those textures to replace the ones in YPS mod (which would be added to RaceMenu through Monoman's YPS tweak)? 

12 hours ago, Straze said:

Just to be sure if I understood correctly; I can download the stockings shared in the earlier post, and use those textures to replace the ones in YPS mod (which would be added to RaceMenu through Monoman's YPS tweak)? 

Correct. However, I'm not sure that the mod you linked has a texture similar to each of Equipable Stockings's textures, and it's also for CBBE so any issues with the intended textures will still be visible with that one.