SexLab Romance SE - Rekindled

View File

This is an updated version of Nomkaz' port of Spacemans abandoned mod "SexLab Romance".

Preview version of what is to come. May have bugs.

Upgrading from the old version should be fine.

This is still in early WIP and I will probably only work on this sporadically for the time being.

Ultimately, I hope to create two versions of this mod:

Refurbished and Rekindled

Refurbished will be a simple refurbishment of the older version without touching the scripts, the following features are planned:

• Immersive dialogue - Better voice lines for player and NPCs
  • Unique dialogue - Unique NPCs will get lines that better fit who the are.
  • Very basic relationship progression - NPCs will refuse the more outrageous requests such as rough sex, footjobs and such on the first encounter.
  • Some voiced dialogue - I will attempt to use existing vanilla voices where it makes sense.
  • More immersive romance targets - It won't be possible to romance bandits and possibly guards and other such factions to maintain immersion.
  • Persuasion - If the target refuses there will be and option to persuade them to perform some vanilla sex acts where the player will be submissive or equal to the NPC.
  • Intimidation - If the target refuses there will be and option to intimidate them to perform some rougher sex acts where the player will be dominant.
  • Assertive NPCs - When you chat someone up and then leave, they may try change your mind.

Rekindled will be a proper update with the features from Refurbished and hopefully all of the following:

• Better MCM controls - Option to toggle as much of the features as possible to customize the experience to your liking.
  • Relationship progression - You have to work your way up to unlock more adventurous sex acts with NPCs, depending on the NPC. Some will be more timid, some more open.
  • Persuasion damages the relationship - Talking someone into sex when they initially didn't want to isn't very nice, so doing this often will make an NPC like you less and maybe even lock some sex acts.
  • Intimidation is a crime - Intimidating someone to have sex with you is actually pretty shitty. Doing this will count as assault and damage your relationship with an NPC.

All of this is subject to change. I can't promise anything but will try my best. Suggestions, advice and feedback are always welcome!

Changelog:

Spoiler

Preview:

• Rewrote some dialogue
  • Added some voiced dialogue
  • Implemented basic relationship progression (needs testing)
  • Removed romance option from bandits

• Submitter
  • Submitted
    05/15/2020
  • Category
  • Requires
    SexLab Framework SE
  • Regular Edition Compatible
    Not Applicable

52 minutes ago, Kyeckr said:

image.png.0ac667f1e78255b10abce092202dbd54.png

Kek.

So anyway, the mod seems to work well, so far. I really like the choice of words for seduction. On the other hand, the seducted NPCs still have the old, blunt response, which kind of breaks immersion, if you're into it. 

And a tiny thing - cleaning Sexlab with Romace on causes a CTD - turning the mod on after the cleaning is okay.

1 hour ago, afshin76 said:

Hi. I'm about to start a play through and I have the regular version of this mod. Can I update to this mod later mid game?

Well, according to my experience, yes. I'm not sure about upgrading, but you can remove the old mod, save the game, and then put this new one in its place. If you're going to clean Sexlab inbetween however (not certain if that's necessary but I did that too), make sure to clean before you install Romace Rekindled. For some reason attempting cleaning with Romace just kept crashing my game. I don't think that Romance stores much settings and data anyway.

2 hours ago, sos_tabasco said:

Well, according to my experience, yes. I'm not sure about upgrading, but you can remove the old mod, save the game, and then put this new one in its place. If you're going to clean Sexlab inbetween however (not certain if that's necessary but I did that too), make sure to clean before you install Romace Rekindled. For some reason attempting cleaning with Romace just kept crashing my game. I don't think that Romance stores much settings and data anyway.

Thanks. I really appreciate this. What is the difference tho? There is no description. 

14 hours ago, afshin76 said:

Thanks. I really appreciate this. What is the difference tho? There is no description. 

There was a little discussion in this thread right here 

I was only monitoring the thread, really. TL;DR version is, that Nomkaz basically allowed the mod to be taken over and rewritten, if someone wishes to do so. Glibba decided that they will add dialogues more immersive than "i wanna fuck you" and considers expanding the mod in future.

On 5/17/2020 at 1:17 PM, sos_tabasco said:

There was a little discussion in this thread right here 

I was only monitoring the thread, really. TL;DR version is, that Nomkaz basically allowed the mod to be taken over and rewritten, if someone wishes to do so. Glibba decided that they will add dialogues more immersive than "i wanna fuck you" and considers expanding the mod in future.

@GlibbaGlabba just uplaoded a preview to what they have planned. I'll be removing my conversion in favor of Glibba's when they have the full thing up and running. 

In regard to some suggestions and ideas I saw posted in the other thread, a thought. You aren't working in a vacuum and many modders here either freely share their source work or set their mods up as frameworks.

SexLab Eager NPCs, for example, could make a good foundation for your relationship ideas and some suggestions from another user. It has a list of different options as far as making love, aggressive sex, who's on top, etc. that is controlled by your relationship level. So, for example, someone you've only just met will only offer the option to make love while a full-on lover would let you do them aggressively. And at every level there is always the option "whatever you desire" to pick an animation randomly or tie into a personality profile for NPCs to pick what they'd be into. And it has an MCM for adjusting different settings, including SLAL integration to assign animation keywords to each sex type.
I love this idea and can't wait to see where you go with it.

On 5/16/2020 at 1:06 AM, Kyeckr said:

image.png.0ac667f1e78255b10abce092202dbd54.png

lmao. Typo has been fixed.

On 5/16/2020 at 2:04 AM, sos_tabasco said:

Kek.

So anyway, the mod seems to work well, so far. I really like the choice of words for seduction. On the other hand, the seducted NPCs still have the old, blunt response, which kind of breaks immersion, if you're into it. 

And a tiny thing - cleaning Sexlab with Romace on causes a CTD - turning the mod on after the cleaning is okay.

I will change all voicelines eventually. I'm not sure what you mean by "clean with SexLab". Can you elaborate? Does this happen with the old version too?

On 5/17/2020 at 2:47 AM, afshin76 said:

Hi. I'm about to start a play through and I have the regular version of this mod. Can I update to this mod later mid game?

Yes, you can just swap it out. Eventually I will make an update that probably doesn't allow this, but the compatible version will stay online after that.

On 5/20/2020 at 9:30 PM, nomkaz said:

@GlibbaGlabba just uplaoded a preview to what they have planned. I'll be removing my conversion in favor of Glibba's when they have the full thing up and running. 

@nomkazWould be nice if you could throw a small mention of this preview on the mod page until then. When the first real version is finished I'll let you know.

On 5/21/2020 at 8:03 PM, KainsChylde said:

In regard to some suggestions and ideas I saw posted in the other thread, a thought. You aren't working in a vacuum and many modders here either freely share their source work or set their mods up as frameworks.

SexLab Eager NPCs, for example, could make a good foundation for your relationship ideas and some suggestions from another user. It has a list of different options as far as making love, aggressive sex, who's on top, etc. that is controlled by your relationship level. So, for example, someone you've only just met will only offer the option to make love while a full-on lover would let you do them aggressively. And at every level there is always the option "whatever you desire" to pick an animation randomly or tie into a personality profile for NPCs to pick what they'd be into. And it has an MCM for adjusting different settings, including SLAL integration to assign animation keywords to each sex type.
I love this idea and can't wait to see where you go with it.

I only used this mod because Eager NPCs has too many features (Quests etc. ) for my taste. After the current version is refurbished I'll see what additional features can be implemented.

I'm not sure what you mean by "clean with SexLab". Can you elaborate? Does this happen with the old version too?

There's just this cleaning option in the base Sexlab framework - if you used it on a save where you already had the old Romance installed and tried to install Rekindled before cleaning, it would CTD at the end of cleaning. If I remember correctly.

I only used this mod because Eager NPCs has too many features (Quests etc. ) for my taste.

Does it? Wasn't that Amorous Adventures that did that?

Also, do you mind me (or anyone for that matter) giving you suggestions for the mod?

2 hours ago, sos_tabasco said:

There's just this cleaning option in the base Sexlab framework - if you used it on a save where you already had the old Romance installed and tried to install Rekindled before cleaning, it would CTD at the end of cleaning. If I remember correctly.

Does it? Wasn't that Amorous Adventures that did that?

Also, do you mind me (or anyone for that matter) giving you suggestions for the mod?

This shouldn't happen. I don't know what could cause this since I only edited the dialogue. I'll see what I can do about that, if you find out anything else, let me know.

Yes, Eager NPCs has a small quest and lots of other features I don't want.

Of course, suggestions are always welcome. Just keep in mind that I want to keep this mod small, light and immersive. I also have no Papyrus coding experience, so anything that requires scripting will be delayed until I have the time and energy too look into that. Have a look at the description and changelog to see where the mod is currently at :)

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/24/2020 at 3:33 PM, GlibbaGlabba said:

lI only used this mod because Eager NPCs has too many features (Quests etc. ) for my taste. After the current version is refurbished I'll see what additional features can be implemented.

+1! Thank you for upgrading this! I, too, found SLEN a bit "busy" - not so much that I didn't enjoy all the interactions, but just that I'm still running an i5 3570K machine with DDR3 RAM and I had to purge a bunch of "heavy" mods in order to enjoy all my SMP and CBPC Physics stuff, especially when ousnius released the updated/expanded KS Hair+Wigs SMP.

Also, I'm an English major, if you need a dialog proofreader or whatever- for me, "broken" not-English dialog is a huge buzzkill.

15 hours ago, Vyxenne said:

+1! Thank you for upgrading this! I, too, found SLEN a bit "busy" - not so much that I didn't enjoy all the interactions, but just that I'm still running an i5 3570K machine with DDR3 RAM and I had to purge a bunch of "heavy" mods in order to enjoy all my SMP and CBPC Physics stuff, especially when ousnius released the updated/expanded KS Hair+Wigs SMP.

Also, I'm an English major, if you need a dialog proofreader or whatever- for me, "broken" not-English dialog is a huge buzzkill.

That's great! I'm neither a native speaker nor a great writer. I'll let you know when I make any text changes. If you have any suggestions for better lines and dialogue, don't hesitate to tell me. Since I don't have a lot of time to work on this mod, all help and ideas of any kind are always welcome :)
If you want, I can publish an overview of all dialogue trees so you can have an easy look at it.

On 6/9/2020 at 4:27 PM, GlibbaGlabba said:

If you want, I can publish an overview of all dialogue trees so you can have an easy look at it.

That would be great, although now that I've had a couple of play sessions with the mod I have to say the dialogue I've seen so far is very well done. If you can publish the trees I'd be glad to run through them.

I love this mod! I'm doing the quest where Sibbi Black-Briar is in jail and I'm supposedly finding Svidi so he can murder her like he did her brother, and also helping Louis Letrush steal a horse. I noticed, as I spoke to Sibbi through the bars of his cell, that I had the sex dialog from this mod, so I opened that line of questioning and told him I wanted him deep inside me. This is the hilarious result, showing that I somehow teleported through the bars of his cell to his bed!

Spoiler

20200608233630_1.jpg

20200608233429_1.jpg

Then, a bit later, I did the Sheogorath Wabbajack quest, and sure enough, the Daedric Prince got all horny when he saw me! There's only one way to repay a compliment like that, so I did- I only wish the quest had let me lose the stupid hat:

Spoiler

20200609023915_1.jpg

20200609024046_1.jpg

Finally, I encountered Arivanya alive and well on my first visit to Windhelm, so, knowing that she might soon be dead, I decided to give her something pleasant to remember as her heart was ripped out of her chest by an insane man trying to rebuild his dead sister:

Spoiler

20200609013550_1.jpg

The bottom line is, thank you so much for this mod! It's given me a whole new reason to enjoy Skyrim without having to become a prostitute. :classic_heart:

I love that this mod enables me to choose what kind of sex I want to have instead of the random "let's give hand jobs to strapons" selection! With that in mind, is there a chance of some future release offering a threesome option? It would be up to the player to ascertain that there was an available 3rd actor present nearby to join (because I hate scanning scripts) which means there would need to be an "aw sh*t, my bad, let's stop looking for a 3rd person and just enjoy each other" dialog for those times when we lose our minds and trigger a threesome with only 2 actors available in the entire cell. :classic_blush:

On 6/10/2020 at 8:49 AM, Vyxenne said:

That would be great, although now that I've had a couple of play sessions with the mod I have to say the dialogue I've seen so far is very well done. If you can publish the trees I'd be glad to run thought them.

Nice. I'll upload the dialogue trees in the next couple days.

On 6/10/2020 at 11:58 PM, Vyxenne said:

I love this mod! I'm doing the quest where Sibbi Black-Briar is in jail and I'm supposedly finding Svidi so he can murder her like he did her brother, and also helping Louis Letrush steal a horse. I noticed, as I spoke to Sibbi through the bars of his cell, that I had the sex dialog from this mod, so I opened that line of questioning and told him I wanted him deep inside me. This is the hilarious result, showing that I somehow teleported through the bars of his cell to his bed!

Reveal hidden contents

20200608233630_1.jpg

20200608233429_1.jpg

Then, a bit later, I did the Sheogorath Wabbajack quest, and sure enough, the Daedric Prince got all horny when he saw me! There's only one way to repay a compliment like that, so I did- I only wish the quest had let me lose the stupid hat:

Reveal hidden contents

20200609023915_1.jpg

20200609024046_1.jpg

Finally, I encountered Arivanya alive and well on my first visit to Windhelm, so, knowing that she might soon be dead, I decided to give her something pleasant to remember as her heart was ripped out of her chest by an insane man trying to rebuild his dead sister:

Reveal hidden contents

20200609013550_1.jpg

The bottom line is, thank you so much for this mod! It's given me a whole new reason to enjoy Skyrim without having to become a prostitute. :classic_heart:

I love that this mod enables me to choose what kind of sex I want to have instead of the random "let's give hand jobs to strapons" selection! With that in mind, is there a chance of some future release offering a threesome option? It would be up to the player to ascertain that there was an available 3rd actor present nearby to join (because I hate scanning scripts) which means there would need to be an "aw sh*t, my bad, let's stop looking for a 3rd person and just enjoy each other" dialog for those times when we lose our minds and trigger a threesome with only 2 actors available in the entire cell. :classic_blush:

Sadly, I can't do much about the teleporting to bed thing. In some future release I could maybe decrease the radius or make an MCM option to not show this prompt.

There already is a threesome option! Tell your lover to follow you and then flirt with someone else. I never tested this myself, but there should either be a new dialogue option after that or all animations will now use the player and the two other actors :)

13 hours ago, GlibbaGlabba said:

Sadly, I can't do much about the teleporting to bed thing.

Nuuuuuuuuu don't "fix" it! I love it! Besides, it's SexLab doing the teleporting, not SL Romance AFAIK. Like the rest of this mod, it's an added dimension! I'm going to see if I can do Sindig in his cell when I get to that Werewolf quest! Or flirt with the Cidnha Mine guard through the bars and see if that will teleport me out of the prison, breaking everything about the quest... :classic_biggrin:

13 hours ago, GlibbaGlabba said:

There already is a threesome option! Tell your lover to follow you and then flirt with someone else.

OMG! I had no idea! Thanks! I'm going in to try that right now! Woohoo!

Thank You for continuing this and adding some romance depth to this mod. Question though there was a functional framework  setup mod called sexlab attraction. I wonder if you could make use of the functionality to go with your mod. It adds some conditions of weather an npc may like you. Your mod could fluctuate that up and down depending on your conversations. Just an idea depending on how elaborate you want to go.