1 hour ago, balistaus said:

I got a crashed when i click "submit to your Master before the altar". It looks like something wrong with line 177 & line 178 in file TBSlaveryEventsFemale_Sexual_Marriage.xml? When i remove or comment those 2 lines, it works fine. My char will join captor faction & clan but no marriage.

Any tips on how to make it work? thanks.

It's a feature that used to work, but has been broken by one of TaleWorld's updates. The fix you've found, e.g. removing marriage, is probably the best way forward.

1 hour ago, transfer said:

It's a feature that used to work, but has been broken by one of TaleWorld's updates. The fix you've found, e.g. removing marriage, is probably the best way forward.

ah, gotcha. Is there a website or github listing what works and what not. that is up to date? I don't mind bookmarking them to mess around with the mod. I did dl "captivity events story compiler" on badlistener's main mod page, I'm just wondering if there is any other list.

Thanks,

Many thanks for all the work you put into this mod. This and the other CE mods have really filled an "immersion" gap in bannerlord. Must be quite frustrating dealing with the stability of the mod tools from TW.

Just experienced the post-duel bug where I can't enter a city now that I've rescued a companion. Not a big deal, just rolled back to last autosave, but I don't want to disable the entire mod to prevent it happening again... looked through the MCM for CE and could only find one event reference to "kidnapping": TB_kidnapped_wilds. I'll disable this one in the hopes it prevents more companion kidnapping (and resulting battles) until it gets fixed. If you think there are any others I should diable please let me know. Cheers!

EDIT: found two more references to kidnapping (one for male companions and one for female companions) so disabled those as well.

16 hours ago, smittih said:

Many thanks for all the work you put into this mod. This and the other CE mods have really filled an "immersion" gap in bannerlord. Must be quite frustrating dealing with the stability of the mod tools from TW.

Just experienced the post-duel bug where I can't enter a city now that I've rescued a companion. Not a big deal, just rolled back to last autosave, but I don't want to disable the entire mod to prevent it happening again... looked through the MCM for CE and could only find one event reference to "kidnapping": TB_kidnapped_wilds. I'll disable this one in the hopes it prevents more companion kidnapping (and resulting battles) until it gets fixed. If you think there are any others I should diable please let me know. Cheers!

EDIT: found two more references to kidnapping (one for male companions and one for female companions) so disabled those as well.

The following event consequences have been reported as breaking the game in some way or another:

StartBattle (Reports that this causes a state where the map is no longer interactive)

TB_companion_friend_in_need_f_hero_f

TB_companion_friend_in_need_m_hero_f

TB_companion_friend_in_need_f_hero_m

TB_companion_friend_in_need_m_hero_m

TB_companion_kidnapped_f

TB_companion_kidnapped_m

TB_slavery_blackmail

TB_m_thief_ambush

CaptiveLeaveSpouse (Reports that this crashes the game - I will probably replace game-related marriage behaviors with a custom harem system when I update again, as this strikes me as an issue that will just create issues going forward)

TB_captor_captive_slavery_broken_spouse_2

CaptiveMarryCaptor (this doesn't break the game so much as screw with kingdom relations in weird ways - I will probably replace game-related marriage behaviors with a custom harem system when I update again, as this strikes me as an issue that will just create issues going forward)

TB_captor_ask_marriage_devoted

TB_captor_ask_marriage_broken

TB_captor_ask_marriage_mindbroken

TB_slavery_marriage_submit

16 hours ago, transfer said:

The following event consequences have been reported as breaking the game in some way or another:

StartBattle (Reports that this causes a state where the map is no longer interactive)

TB_companion_friend_in_need_f_hero_f

TB_companion_friend_in_need_m_hero_f

TB_companion_friend_in_need_f_hero_m

TB_companion_friend_in_need_m_hero_m

TB_companion_kidnapped_f

TB_companion_kidnapped_m

TB_slavery_blackmail

TB_m_thief_ambush

CaptiveLeaveSpouse (Reports that this crashes the game - I will probably replace game-related marriage behaviors with a custom harem system when I update again, as this strikes me as an issue that will just create issues going forward)

TB_captor_captive_slavery_broken_spouse_2

CaptiveMarryCaptor (this doesn't break the game so much as screw with kingdom relations in weird ways - I will probably replace game-related marriage behaviors with a custom harem system when I update again, as this strikes me as an issue that will just create issues going forward)

TB_captor_ask_marriage_devoted

TB_captor_ask_marriage_broken

TB_captor_ask_marriage_mindbroken

TB_slavery_marriage_submit

A shame these mechanics didn't work out.  At a glance they're very 'interesting'

Given the marked increase in reported instability for functions that previously worked for this mod, I'm pausing development on it until Bannerlord becomes more stable. I can no longer recommend using this mod. Please do not download or use its events until I revisit them after Bannerlord and CE leave early access. I am keeping the downloads available for archival purposes only at this time.

Damn - I hope the official release of Bannerlord is coming soon cause this mod in combination with CE is awesome. I just discovered it a few days ago and don't want to play without it anymore.

@transfer I have 2 questions:

1. which Bannerlord version was the last one your mod worked well with? 

2. after the altar conversation my new clan leader (father of master - is not an in-law because of the broken mechanics) set me free. Since the whole faction was at war and master part of an army I wasn't able to get back to him... Is there a way to block the clan leader from setting you free and/or did this happen because of the broken mechanics with the updates?

Understand your reasons for putting this mod on hold though its a damn shame for its content. Thanks for blessing us with what you have created so far.

6 hours ago, dude7189 said:

Damn - I hope the official release of Bannerlord is coming soon cause this mod in combination with CE is awesome. I just discovered it a few days ago and don't want to play without it anymore.

@transfer I have 2 questions:

1. which Bannerlord version was the last one your mod worked well with? 

2. after the altar conversation my new clan leader (father of master - is not an in-law because of the broken mechanics) set me free. Since the whole faction was at war and master part of an army I wasn't able to get back to him... Is there a way to block the clan leader from setting you free and/or did this happen because of the broken mechanics with the updates?

Understand your reasons for putting this mod on hold though its a damn shame for its content. Thanks for blessing us with what you have created so far.

1. AFAIK CE1026+ / Bannerlord 1.5.8 was the last version I had successful tests on (particularly for the Battle behavior). The marriage issue is a bit older than that, though.

2. This is an unfortunate behavior resulting from what happens when you're captive of an army - for some reason the way the game handles some behaviors targets your original master and other behaviors targets the army leader. This event has always set you free, though (which was not my original intention). Essentially the first candidate for refactor when I get back to this is going to be modifying all of the 'forced marriage' behaviors to use a custom variable and refer to a harem instead of using the built-in marriage behavior, that way I can better control what it's doing. 

Overall one of the major complications I've run into implementing marriage or relation-based events is that Bannerlord's marriage, clan, and relation system is both unintuitive and paints with broad strokes, and is therefore prone to confusing and debilitating behavior (in one case, for example, marrying someone immediately before their clan went to war with my kingdom caused me to be attacked by my own clan and kingdom...) Using custom variables instead of hooking into the main system will hopefully resolve that issue.

19 minutes ago, dude7189 said:

Just out of curiosity - Harem setting in Bannerlord terms means you are no longer married to a npc or does it mean a npc/character can have multiple spouse's?

The intention is to decouple the TBCE 'marriage' behavior from the native Bannelord 'marriage' behavior, 

1. allowing for multiple spouses, and

2. making the flag essentially only affect events designed specifically to use it

The "join clan" options seem to be broken as well, since I'm not able to enter cities after I take a captive into my clan through either option.  Has anyone figured out a fix for that?

Considering the issues with the native Bannelord 'marriage' behavior, I'm wondering if you've looked at the MoreSpouses mod (https://www.nexusmods.com/mountandblade2bannerlord/mods/1393), which might work to help that multiple spouses issue, even if it is including a patch to incorporate that mod directly into yours.

2 hours ago, NeatLL said:

The "join clan" options seem to be broken as well, since I'm not able to enter cities after I take a captive into my clan through either option.  Has anyone figured out a fix for that?

Considering the issues with the native Bannelord 'marriage' behavior, I'm wondering if you've looked at the MoreSpouses mod (https://www.nexusmods.com/mountandblade2bannerlord/mods/1393), which might work to help that multiple spouses issue, even if it is including a patch to incorporate that mod directly into yours.

WRT Join Clan: 

I haven't run into that, but I believe it. The functionality around prisoners/captives and relation is some of the most irritating in the game. Changing actors' clans creates a huge number of different issues - it's a top candidate for events to refactor in a way that alters the fantasy enough to avoid the gameplay complications. Probably means eventually I'll remove the ability to join enemy clans or let actors join your clan. I might also see if it's possible to work around it entirely by removing a prisoner actor and creating a new follower actor directly in your clan, but as removing a prisoner actor counts as killing them, and causes your relation to sour with everyone involved, that's probably also not a realistic option. 

WRT MoreSpouses:

1. As a hard rule, I don't want to introduce dependencies for this mod beyond the native CE - while it'd be nice to be able to do so (particularly wrt mods that add more female troops, as I'd prefer to write my events assuming a more egalitarian bannerlord world, strange as that might sound), I'd rather let people customize their game to meet their needs than force them to install mods that may eventually stop working - I already have enough compatibility issues to troubleshoot as is.

2. Incorporating another mod directly into another is a really messy approach to doing things that either necessitates re-doing it at later points or accepting that any legacy bugs or inconsistencies will remain so. Given TaleWorld's tendency to modify their code without consideration for backwards-compatibility, I feel this approach is even worse than just implementing dependencies. 

I'm much more likely to resolve this issue by creating an entirely disconnected concubine system. 

• 3 weeks later...

so I know this mod is not being supported right now but is anyone else having the issues; of not being able to make a captive stop being a camp whore, not being able to recruit a captive via blackmail (I don't know if that's the TB_slavery_blackmail event that is a known issue) and not being able to make use of a captive's body after making them a camp whore? if no one else is having problems then I know it's something on my end.

The slave marriage event fired for me on 1.5.9.  However my character was not married nor did she have any holdings and she was transferred into her captor's clan.  I think already being married and owning a castle or town may potentially screw up the event. 

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, MadCat256 said:

Just a heads up if anyone else is using this:

If you are a mercenary, have a devoted prisoner ask to join your clan, and you accept, your mercenary contract will be cancelled and you will become a vassal clan for the kingdom you were working for.

Interesting, will check it out

8 hours ago, MadCat256 said:

Just a heads up if anyone else is using this:

If you are a mercenary, have a devoted prisoner ask to join your clan, and you accept, your mercenary contract will be cancelled and you will become a vassal clan for the kingdom you were working for.

Yeah - in general anytime you join someone else's clan or have them join yours, it can have unpredictable effects on the game factions. Marriage is even more complicated. Considering adding a warning to any of this type of event, as though I appreciate that BL's working on it it seems like the kind of thing that can/will randomly create issues as TW changes the faction behaviors in their game.

Thanks for the note!

22 hours ago, transfer said:

Yeah - in general anytime you join someone else's clan or have them join yours, it can have unpredictable effects on the game factions. Marriage is even more complicated. Considering adding a warning to any of this type of event, as though I appreciate that BL's working on it it seems like the kind of thing that can/will randomly create issues as TW changes the faction behaviors in their game.

Thanks for the note!

I did find a work around that seems to be allowing things to progress. I commented out the "join Kingdom" section of the xml for that event so only the "join clan" part fires. I suspect that if this style of event is allowed in future versions of CE, a check on what the PCs memberships are before deciding what join event is appropriate might solve some of the wonkiness.

In any case it seems to be running fine for me after the edit. I've had several joins and am still a merc. Either all is well or my current save is about to blow up in a big fireball visible from space. Either way it's great fun :)

Edited by MadCat256

can someone please provide a version that comments out those portions that's not working or causing problems, thanks.

edit: tried testing this with the mentioned events disabled, encountered this error on load 1.6.2 beta

8/24/2021 9:19:14 PM -- Failed to load CE_taken_prisoner_sexual exception: An item with the same key has already been added. stacktrace:    at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentException(ExceptionResource resource)
   at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2.Insert(TKey key, TValue value, Boolean add)
   at TaleWorlds.CampaignSystem.CampaignGameStarter.AddGameMenu(String menuId, String menuText, OnInitDelegate initDelegate, MenuOverlayType overlay, MenuFlags menuFlags, Object relatedObject)
   at CaptivityEvents.Events.CEEventLoader.CELoadCaptiveEvent(CampaignGameStarter gameStarter, CEEvent listedEvent, List`1 eventList)
   at CaptivityEvents.CESubModule.AddEvent(CampaignGameStarter gameStarter, CEEvent _listedEvent, List`1 eventList)
8/24/2021 9:19:14 PM -- Failed to load CE_advanced_sexual_capture exception: An item with the same key has already been added. stacktrace:    at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentException(ExceptionResource resource)
   at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2.Insert(TKey key, TValue value, Boolean add)
   at TaleWorlds.CampaignSystem.CampaignGameStarter.AddGameMenu(String menuId, String menuText, OnInitDelegate initDelegate, MenuOverlayType overlay, MenuFlags menuFlags, Object relatedObject)
   at CaptivityEvents.Events.CEEventLoader.CELoadCaptiveEvent(CampaignGameStarter gameStarter, CEEvent listedEvent, List`1 eventList)
   at CaptivityEvents.CESubModule.AddEvent(CampaignGameStarter gameStarter, CEEvent _listedEvent, List`1 eventList)

anyone having this problem and whats the difference between tb and ce, am i missing something if i ignore this and accept tb's version.

Edited by Whizkid