On 3/27/2021 at 11:06 PM, transfer said:

Disable the associated events in the captivity events MCM. Should be TB_thief_chase and TB_slavery_test AFAIK.

Is there a way to fix it so it doesn't crash? I'd like to use those options if at all possible. I found a work around for the thief option so that issue is fixed but for the marriage option, I get to the screen where it says "Your wedding is beautiful, full of wine, song, and dance, and your dress is etc..." as soon as I click "Submit to your master before the altar." it crashes immediately. I've already tried reinstalling everything and only enabling this mod but that didn't change anything.

1 hour ago, bigmackstar1 said:

Is there a way to fix it so it doesn't crash? I'd like to use those options if at all possible. I found a work around for the thief option so that issue is fixed but for the marriage option, I get to the screen where it says "Your wedding is beautiful, full of wine, song, and dance, and your dress is etc..." as soon as I click "Submit to your master before the altar." it crashes immediately. I've already tried reinstalling everything and only enabling this mod but that didn't change anything.

You could remove all of the consequences except continue, which would probably stop it from crashing, but would also make it not do anything (other than show you the pictures and text, which may be what you want?). The root of the problem is that the functions I'm working with cause the game to crash in certain circumstances I'm rarely able to replicate. I suspect it has to do with the way the game handles captives joining their captor's faction, but as that's the entire point of these events there's not much I can do to fix it beyond disabling them or making them not work. 

BL (the author of the main Captivity Events mod) is AFAIK aware there are potential crashes around the JoinCaptor-type events and working on fixes, but there are a prodigious number of externalities and edge cases, so I'll be surprised (and impressed) if they succeed in fixing it in all cases.

23 minutes ago, Kamikaze Egg said:

Do i need to download CESettings file too for this mod?

Short answer is no. This is from the file description.

Installation

1. Make sure you have CaptivityEvents installed This mod does nothing without it.
  2. Download the TBCaptivityEvents file.
  3. Unzip the file into the Modules folder of your Bannerlord installation.
  4. Open the Modules folder and check that the TBCaptivityEvents folder is present.
  5. Turn off the regular escape events in the CaptivityEvents MCM
    - OR - 

Use the CESettings.xml file. Try replacing your Modules\zCaptivityEvents\ModuleLoader\CaptivityRequired\Events\CESettings.xml file with this if you're having weird event frequencies. It mostly just changes random events to be as likely as captor events while not captive, and disables the default escape mechanism.

13 hours ago, n0b0dy0 said:

Short answer is no. This is from the file description.

Installation

1. Make sure you have CaptivityEvents installed This mod does nothing without it.
  2. Download the TBCaptivityEvents file.
  3. Unzip the file into the Modules folder of your Bannerlord installation.
  4. Open the Modules folder and check that the TBCaptivityEvents folder is present.
  5. Turn off the regular escape events in the CaptivityEvents MCM
    - OR - 

Thank you! Totally missed that (Huge facepalm)

1 hour ago, Zdun said:

Hi

This part is unclear for me.

"Turn off the regular escape events in the CaptivityEvents MCM"

Are your refering to button I marked on screenshot attached?

The interface is confusing. 'Use modified behavior in game for prisoner escape' should be on, but the individual escape chances should be zero. 

33 minutes ago, Mork and Gork said:

So if you just disable the effect of joining your husbands clan in the slavery marriage then it should work right? Or is there another issue other than the merging into his clan.

I'm not actually sure, but I'd guess that's the primary cause. Being married to someone in a clan opposing yours will probably have some weird side effects wrt faction behaviors.

3 hours ago, Mork and Gork said:

Why would it matter if the clan is opposing? I think its just the game in vanilla doesn't have a feature of you leaving your own clan for another person's so it probably causes an error. Or if it is opposing if its set to make peace then would the game not care?

That's a good question for TaleWorlds, but not one I can answer.

9 hours ago, transfer said:

I'm not actually sure, but I'd guess that's the primary cause. Being married to someone in a clan opposing yours will probably have some weird side effects wrt faction behaviors.

It does.  Kicks you out of your current kingdom to start with...and keeps kicking you out each time you try to get back in - I've personally experienced that as a result of a slave marriage.   It was to Derthert - the Vlandian ruler..lol   

Not sure how it'd affect your PC if the marriage partner doesn't hold a keep or town on a enemy side. 

I guess I could revert it to my previous plan and have the 'marriage'  not actually marry you, but set a bit that I can then use to handle triggering events. Downside: I'd have no way of determining which character you were 'married' to, as I don't have any way to refer to characters (other than spouse) not in your party, so your spouse's visits would get you impregnated by random people. Not optimal, but probably less problematic than the current solution.

On 4/10/2021 at 6:16 AM, transfer said:

I guess I could revert it to my previous plan and have the 'marriage'  not actually marry you, but set a bit that I can then use to handle triggering events. Downside: I'd have no way of determining which character you were 'married' to, as I don't have any way to refer to characters (other than spouse) not in your party, so your spouse's visits would get you impregnated by random people. Not optimal, but probably less problematic than the current solution.

Really hope you can find some way to fix it without disabling the feature entirely, it's part of the fun of this mod. Heck, is there any combination in which any of the marriage events work without crashing the game?

On 3/31/2021 at 3:58 AM, bigmackstar1 said:

After my test, it seems that CaptiveLeaveSpouse is broken again, remove it can fix the crash.

The real problem, for me, is that the male player / female captive and female player / male captive events *worked previously*, but no longer do. What this means to me is that I can't rely on TaleWorlds keeping their marriage behavior stable enough to rely on it.

As I intend to retire from this mod in the near future, longevity for stability is a major concern. 

8 hours ago, Mork and Gork said:

Yeah the marriage part is my favorite route to go. So if  you let the marriage happen but he just transfers to your clan hes not technically married in the events? But if you kept your spouse in the party it would still recognize it?

One issue is that if he owns fiefs in a hostile realm, that can potentially cause issues.  

9 hours ago, transfer said:

As I intend to retire from this mod in the near future, longevity for stability is a major concern. 

Aw, your mod is great!  It's always been part of my mod list ever since it first came out!  Along with CE,  it's given Bannerlord "something different" about getting captured and making it fun as hell. 

Not sure if this is a bug from your mod or some other mod, but when I go into a battle scene from one of the events here, it will sometimes fully bug out and no longer allow me to interact with any settlements or armies at all, I'll just clip into them and stand there and have to reload a file to be able to play again.

It probably happens in other ones, but `TB_companion_friend_in_need*`, but I assume it would happen in other ones as well.

I was having that issue too, where the game would crash when I tried to marry my captor. Since I decided to be crazy and just attack the Western Empire, that put me at war with their faction, and since I was still at war with them I'm sure the game just couldn't handle joining a faction that I was at war with. It would first have to forcibly declare peace between our factions, then have me join theirs.

On 4/17/2021 at 1:38 PM, kaictl said:

Not sure if this is a bug from your mod or some other mod, but when I go into a battle scene from one of the events here, it will sometimes fully bug out and no longer allow me to interact with any settlements or armies at all, I'll just clip into them and stand there and have to reload a file to be able to play again.

It probably happens in other ones, but `TB_companion_friend_in_need*`, but I assume it would happen in other ones as well.

I get the same issue in any fight sequences from this mod that take me to a battle screen. No matter the result, I can no longer interact with anything to include troops, villages, towns, parties, etc. I found the only way out of this was to reload a previous save, or get attacked taking you to a battle screen. After that battle things work again. I'm not a modder but i'm assuming this mod forgets to flag something at the end of the battle.

On 4/17/2021 at 12:38 PM, kaictl said:

I've specifically tested for that scenario in every permutation possible for every event that includes a JoinBattle behavior, and have been unable to replicate it, I'm afraid. Like the marriage issue, it's one I'm at this point just considering removing the functionality for because I won't be able to maintain it long-term if the game is going to be this unstable. 

Upon accepting slave marriage this exception occured, crashing the game.

- Exception

Exception information
Type: System.NullReferenceException
Message: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
Source: CaptivityEvents
CallStack:
  1. at CaptivityEvents.Events.Dynamics.ChangeSpouse(Hero hero, Hero spouseHero)
  2. at CaptivityEvents.Events.SharedCallBackHelper.ConsequenceLeaveSpouse()
  3. at CaptivityEvents.Events.CaptiveMenuCallBackDelegate.CaptiveEventOptionConsequenceGameMenu(MenuCallbackArgs args)
  4. at TaleWorlds.CampaignSystem.GameMenus.GameMenuOption.RunConsequence(MenuContext menuContext)
  5. at SandBox.GauntletUI.AutoGenerated.GameMenu__TaleWorlds_CampaignSystem_ViewModelCollection_GameMenu_GameMenuVM_Dependency_4_GameMenuItem__InheritedPrefab.EventListenerOf_widget_0(Widget widget, String commandName, Object[] args)
  6. at TaleWorlds.GauntletUI.Widget.EventFired(String eventName, Object[] args)
  7. at TaleWorlds.GauntletUI.ButtonWidget.HandleClick()
  8. at TaleWorlds.GauntletUI.ButtonWidget.OnMouseReleased()
  9. at TaleWorlds.GauntletUI.EventManager.MouseUp()
  10. at TaleWorlds.GauntletUI.UIContext.UpdateInput(InputType handleInputs)
  11. at TaleWorlds.Engine.Screens.ScreenManager.Update()
  12. at TaleWorlds.Engine.Screens.ScreenManager.Tick_Patch2(Single dt)