Is this, or CE in general (with lots of events, which this mod seems to add) known to cause performance / FPS issues? I feel my campaign map FPS is complete garbage since I activated this one.

And is there a way to check for party size for events? I get a bunch of army events & options, even when traveling solo. I know it's not really that type of game overall, but it is kinda how I like to play M&B in the early game.

16 minutes ago, Dark Thoughts said:

Is this, or CE in general (with lots of events, which this mod seems to add) known to cause performance / FPS issues? I feel my campaign map FPS is complete garbage since I activated this one.

And is there a way to check for party size for events? I get a bunch of army events & options, even when traveling solo. I know it's not really that type of game overall, but it is kinda how I like to play M&B in the early game.

Many of my events check for party size - in fact, most of them won't trigger at all when you're travelling solo; there's a separate set for that. That said, its definition of an "army" is basically 2+ soldiers, mainly because most of the game tends to be played with a larger number of soldiers and creating a new set of events for small numbers of soldiers seemed an inefficient use of time.

I haven't noticed any particular performance/FPS issues, just occasional crashes or malfunctions when updates break BL's or my events, but I tend to be running the game on computers where I might not notice a slight degredation in performance. 

14 hours ago, boobazooka said:

Hey guys, is it possible to cure a broken companion ?

IIRC yes, if you increase their affection / reduce their obedience to you enough an event can trigger that switches them to devoted. It's not easy, though. 

9 hours ago, farodin_the_one said:

Where can I download the CESettings.xml File? 

I have only 3 different Events, when travelling on World Map.

I don't think the CESettings file I had up works anymore. I recommend:

1. Make sure you have all of the requirements installed

2. Check that the message on game start indicates ~500+ events are installed

3. In settings, make sure to allow a ~50% chance between random and captor events

If that's the case, the events are installed; if you're only seeing a handful trigger, the most likely cause is that there aren't enough events that your specific circumstance qualify for. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Has anyone tried this with e1.7.0 yet?

---

So. I've been having some trouble getting a lot of the random events from this mod to fire. The waiting in town ones, the random travel ones, the one that triggers when you're low on gold... only the captive ones seem to be firing as expected. Not sure if this is due to a change with Native, with CE, or if I've somehow accidentally turned something vital off.

Would love to hear if anyone else has tried this mod with 1.7.0 or 1.7.1.

Edited by Buridan
additional comment
  • 2 weeks later...
On 12/31/2021 at 8:04 AM, Buridan said:

Has anyone tried this with e1.7.0 yet?

---

So. I've been having some trouble getting a lot of the random events from this mod to fire. The waiting in town ones, the random travel ones, the one that triggers when you're low on gold... only the captive ones seem to be firing as expected. Not sure if this is due to a change with Native, with CE, or if I've somehow accidentally turned something vital off.

Would love to hear if anyone else has tried this mod with 1.7.0 or 1.7.1.

I tried it on version 1.7.1, it's working

You might find a bug here and there but nothing game breaking

3 hours ago, cabalo said:

I tried it on version 1.7.1, it's working

You might find a bug here and there but nothing game breaking

So like, all the random events are firing as usual?

For me the game doesn't crash or spaz out, it's just that a lot of the events don't fire unless specifically triggered with console.

11 hours ago, Buridan said:

So like, all the random events are firing as usual?

For me the game doesn't crash or spaz out, it's just that a lot of the events don't fire unless specifically triggered with console.

I'm playing e1.7.0 with CaptivityEvents1.7.0.1031 and zTBCaptivityEvents-0.2.9 and it works, only problem is if you become a prostitute and stop, something weird happens to your party and you don't get anymore events after. It looks like that is fixed in CaptivityEvents1.7.0.1032 according to patch notes, I haven't tried it.

I was also browsing through CE's code and there's still code in there for settings without MCM installed, make sure you have MCM installed on its own otherwise CE falls back to its own settings implementation which might be out of date, idk. CE's SubModule.xml doesn't list MCM as a dependency, so I don't think Bannerlord will alert you. I'm coming back to Bannerlord after a year and back then I think a lot of mods included MCM in their mod so you wouldn't have to install it on its own, that doesn't seem to be the case anymore.

I also attached CaptivityEvents1.7.0.1031 since it doesn't seem to be available to download anymore, just in case you want to try it and I don't frequent LL enough to respond to replies.

1680782125_CaptivityEvents1.7.0.1031.zip

Causes Bannerlord 1.7.1 to crash after event. The event will fire, dialog will appear, upon finishing the dialog game will crash.

Edit: So some events seem to trigger fine, but those that influence the group count (prisoners in this case) seem to lead to a crash. The crash i experienced in this was after getting the "Random prisoner escaped from captivity"-event. I suppose the removal of one of the 4 Looter prisoners i had didn't go along well.

Edited by Spank259
On 1/12/2022 at 6:51 PM, jgvtmcxihxvtghzpzz said:

I'm playing e1.7.0 with CaptivityEvents1.7.0.1031 and zTBCaptivityEvents-0.2.9 and it works, only problem is if you become a prostitute and stop, something weird happens to your party and you don't get anymore events after. It looks like that is fixed in CaptivityEvents1.7.0.1032 according to patch notes, I haven't tried it.

I was also browsing through CE's code and there's still code in there for settings without MCM installed, make sure you have MCM installed on its own otherwise CE falls back to its own settings implementation which might be out of date, idk. CE's SubModule.xml doesn't list MCM as a dependency, so I don't think Bannerlord will alert you. I'm coming back to Bannerlord after a year and back then I think a lot of mods included MCM in their mod so you wouldn't have to install it on its own, that doesn't seem to be the case anymore.

I also attached CaptivityEvents1.7.0.1031 since it doesn't seem to be available to download anymore, just in case you want to try it and I don't frequent LL enough to respond to replies.

1680782125_CaptivityEvents1.7.0.1031.zip 121.84 MB · 17 downloads

Issue when becomes prostitute in brothel. Lost leadership of own clan ^^ I mean its still my clan, but hero not a leader >.<

modding is pretty hard for bannerlord, as the developers keep changing tweaking and breaking stuff, the game engine will break if it doesnt cater to events which its not able to handle esp when trying to generate npcs outside from their game engine, which will cause CTD......

its better for any mod to work within the boundaries of the npc created by the game engine and try not to interfer too much with that or stuff will eventually break, or provide a fail safe event to prevent the game from going into CTD, idk how but just a thought....

• 3 weeks later...
7 hours ago, transfer said:

Unfortunately no, I am not planning on any further changes to these events, at least until TaleWorlds stops breaking their game every patch. 

dont stress, your mod isnt causing any problems, the main CE mod needs to be updated which it had and your mod is functioning okay.

players using your mod have to understand that your mod would not be causing problems as its just xm files .....

5 hours ago, Whizkid said:

dont stress, your mod isnt causing any problems, the main CE mod needs to be updated which it had and your mod is functioning okay.

players using your mod have to understand that your mod would not be causing problems as its just xm files .....

True enough, though it can sometimes cause issues if I've messed up an event or CE's XML structure changes. Fingers crossed XML structure changes aren't necessary anytime soon, though. 

1 hour ago, transfer said:

True enough, though it can sometimes cause issues if I've messed up an event or CE's XML structure changes. Fingers crossed XML structure changes aren't necessary anytime soon, though. 

as i said dont worry, if it happened this will be address by CE, what i had seen your mod follows all the syntax as per CE, unless CE made drastic changes which obviously would had an impact on not only your mod but the other xlm mods too.