I have just encounter the rape event in town while playing as female character, and since my skill is too low I stuck in that event for so long and that's on top losing my entire renown, and since it isn't the fetish I am into either it become tedious game of clicking. Is there a way to disable these without having to go through events in the option one-by-one?

9 hours ago, Celedhring said:

Upon accepting slave marriage this exception occured, crashing the game.

- Exception

Exception information
Type: System.NullReferenceException
Message: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
Source: CaptivityEvents
CallStack:
  1. at CaptivityEvents.Events.Dynamics.ChangeSpouse(Hero hero, Hero spouseHero)
  2. at CaptivityEvents.Events.SharedCallBackHelper.ConsequenceLeaveSpouse()
  3. at CaptivityEvents.Events.CaptiveMenuCallBackDelegate.CaptiveEventOptionConsequenceGameMenu(MenuCallbackArgs args)
  4. at TaleWorlds.CampaignSystem.GameMenus.GameMenuOption.RunConsequence(MenuContext menuContext)
  5. at SandBox.GauntletUI.AutoGenerated.GameMenu__TaleWorlds_CampaignSystem_ViewModelCollection_GameMenu_GameMenuVM_Dependency_4_GameMenuItem__InheritedPrefab.EventListenerOf_widget_0(Widget widget, String commandName, Object[] args)
  6. at TaleWorlds.GauntletUI.Widget.EventFired(String eventName, Object[] args)
  7. at TaleWorlds.GauntletUI.ButtonWidget.HandleClick()
  8. at TaleWorlds.GauntletUI.ButtonWidget.OnMouseReleased()
  9. at TaleWorlds.GauntletUI.EventManager.MouseUp()
  10. at TaleWorlds.GauntletUI.UIContext.UpdateInput(InputType handleInputs)
  11. at TaleWorlds.Engine.Screens.ScreenManager.Update()
  12. at TaleWorlds.Engine.Screens.ScreenManager.Tick_Patch2(Single dt)

Yeah, I've seen several reports now. I'll be removing any calls to the marriage function and replacing it with a skill modifier in the next patch, and modifying player > captive marriages to refer to a harem aesthetic instead of singular marriage.

This should also allow for M>M and F>F 'marriages', so I'll be removing the [May Crash] text.

11 hours ago, animacooro said:

These events break my game by making everything on the map not interactive, after I complete it event battle. 

• TB_companion_friend_in_need
  • TB_companion_kidnapped

Okay. I'll work on removing all of the battle events, too, if they're going to cause this kind of issue.

1 hour ago, transfer said:

I'm afraid Bannerlord is not stable enough in my experience that I can ever recommend adding this (or any other mod) to an in-progress campaign.

Been playing with it for a few hours, it's working well :)

I'm getting a bug that's stopping me from interacting with anything on the map. Can't enter a town, the game just pauses it and won't go into it. Can't talk to moving armies I just follow them very closely. It seems to be coming from this mod, as both times it's happened I got it right after an event from this mod. The worst part is, it doesn't end. Reloading the save keeps the bug, ruining it so I have to just go back to an earlier one. I don't remember what happened exactly the first time it happened, but the second time I got the companion is kidnapped by bandits and you need to duel the bandit leader. I completed the duel then found I couldn't walk into the town I was going to. I know the first time it happened I had gotten that event at some point, but I don't know if it was right before the bug happened. I remember some event popping up then it stopped working, but it may have been the duel.

7 hours ago, whateverdontcare said:

I'm getting a bug that's stopping me from interacting with anything on the map. Can't enter a town, the game just pauses it and won't go into it. Can't talk to moving armies I just follow them very closely. It seems to be coming from this mod, as both times it's happened I got it right after an event from this mod. The worst part is, it doesn't end. Reloading the save keeps the bug, ruining it so I have to just go back to an earlier one. I don't remember what happened exactly the first time it happened, but the second time I got the companion is kidnapped by bandits and you need to duel the bandit leader. I completed the duel then found I couldn't walk into the town I was going to. I know the first time it happened I had gotten that event at some point, but I don't know if it was right before the bug happened. I remember some event popping up then it stopped working, but it may have been the duel.

This happens randomly after battle events. I've never been able to replicate it, but have no way to fix it without just removing the events in question.

My next patch, whenever that happens, will remove these and any marriage events for a similar reason.

2 hours ago, transfer said:

This happens randomly after battle events. I've never been able to replicate it, but have no way to fix it without just removing the events in question.

My next patch, whenever that happens, will remove these and any marriage events for a similar reason.

There's an event which allows you to recruit as a companion, execute, or keep prisoner  a captive who was in disguise as a man, if you keep them prisoner they spawn as a member of the 'looters' or other outlaws, if you eventually get the event which allows you to make them join your clan and choose to do so the outlaw clan will join your kingdom - I just made a captive join my clan and the 'looters' joined my kingdom as a clan.

Or are those events not added by this submod? 

54 minutes ago, NeroClaudiusCaesar said:

There's an event which allows you to recruit as a companion, execute, or keep prisoner  a captive who was in disguise as a man, if you keep them prisoner they spawn as a member of the 'looters' or other outlaws, if you eventually get the event which allows you to make them join your clan and choose to do so the outlaw clan will join your kingdom - I just made a captive join my clan and the 'looters' joined my kingdom as a clan.

Or are those events not added by this submod? 

As in life, make sure to get to know your would-be in-laws before making any permanent arrangements.

34 minutes ago, transfer said:

As in life, make sure to get to know your would-be in-laws before making any permanent arrangements.

Lol I didn't marry her, was just trying to be nice. I guess she'll just have to remain a sex slave.

There is a strange glitch with 1.5.9 where after I introduce a devoted captive into my clan, the game crashes if I try to enter a city. I do have the CaptivityEvents1.5.9.1027 version of the Captivity Events mod and the zTBCaptivityEvents-0.2.8-hf1 version of this mod installed.

Given the marked increase in reported instability for functions that previously worked for this mod, I'm pausing development on it until Bannerlord becomes more stable. I can no longer recommend using this mod. Please do not download or use its events until I revisit them after Bannerlord and CE leave early access. I am keeping the downloads available for archival purposes only at this time.

15 minutes ago, transfer said:

Given the marked increase in reported instability for functions that previously worked for this mod, I'm pausing development on it until Bannerlord becomes more stable. I can no longer recommend using this mod. Please do not download or use its events until I revisit them after Bannerlord and CE leave early access. I am keeping the downloads available for archival purposes only at this time.

Sad,

Any way to motivate you to not give up yet?

17 hours ago, transfer said:

I'm wondering if someone else could provide an unofficial fix to this mod in the meantime?

2 hours ago, NeatLL said:

I'm wondering if someone else could provide an unofficial fix to this mod in the meantime?

I don't think there's anything seriously wrong with it. You can just disable the above mentioned events which are causing crashes for people.

19 hours ago, Flixerine said:

Sad,

Any way to motivate you to not give up yet?

I'm not planning on going away until this mod is finished (my goal, as always, is to make the game more story and roleplay-oriented) and (relatively) stable. It's just dangerous to continue development / writing when I don't know what features will or won't work in any given patch. I was about to remove a bunch of features to accommodate the fact that they stopped working without any changes on my end, but realized that would be counterproductive - there's just as much chance that next patch other features will stop working (and those might start working again).

You're welcome to continue using the events that work - Thankfully BadListener added a feature to the in-game Captivity Events menu that lets you disable events as you like, so I'd recommend just disabling any events that cause crashes or undesirable behavior, that way you can keep the ones you like. 

On 5/3/2021 at 5:39 PM, transfer said:

I'm not planning on going away until this mod is finished (my goal, as always, is to make the game more story and roleplay-oriented) and (relatively) stable. It's just dangerous to continue development / writing when I don't know what features will or won't work in any given patch. I was about to remove a bunch of features to accommodate the fact that they stopped working without any changes on my end, but realized that would be counterproductive - there's just as much chance that next patch other features will stop working (and those might start working again).

You're welcome to continue using the events that work - Thankfully BadListener added a feature to the in-game Captivity Events menu that lets you disable events as you like, so I'd recommend just disabling any events that cause crashes or undesirable behavior, that way you can keep the ones you like. 

The mod is fantastic, and thank you for sharing this quality content with the rest of us.

Played with this mod on e1.5.9 for more than a dozen hours, it seems largely stable. The only seriously gamebreaking issue I noticed was the battle events breaking strat map interactivity, as noted by @animacooro and others above.

I do think the event looping might be worth looking at though. Some of the events feel like they get stuck into a repetitive loop where I'm just clicking through the same passages over and over until I click on an option that gets me an exit. I do like how debilitating a chain-rape event is, and I respect that it puts me in the mindspace of experiencing an interminable gang rape where I'm going "oh gods, it's still not over?", but that novelty wears off after the fifth or sixth time.

Just my two septims but I think long paragraphs are better suited for a lower-volume approach. If it's going to repeat a bunch of times the description should be brief and snappy, imo.

I also went into the files to tune down the "troops think you can't pay them" event, so that the options give +100/-250/+100 (500 min threshold) instead of +1000/-500/+1000 denars (2000 min threshold). A thousand denars is a lot in the early game and this is a pretty common event. (The text for this event is my favorite bit of writing in the whole mod. That sad smile is such a wonderful touch, I love it)

2 hours ago, Buridan said:

Played with this mod on e1.5.9 for more than a dozen hours, it seems largely stable. The only seriously gamebreaking issue I noticed was the battle events breaking strat map interactivity, as noted by @animacooro and others above.

I do think the event looping might be worth looking at though. Some of the events feel like they get stuck into a repetitive loop where I'm just clicking through the same passages over and over until I click on an option that gets me an exit. I do like how debilitating a chain-rape event is, and I respect that it puts me in the mindspace of experiencing an interminable gang rape where I'm going "oh gods, it's still not over?", but that novelty wears off after the fifth or sixth time.

Just my two septims but I think long paragraphs are better suited for a lower-volume approach. If it's going to repeat a bunch of times the description should be brief and snappy, imo.

I also went into the files to tune down the "troops think you can't pay them" event, so that the options give +100/-250/+100 (500 min threshold) instead of +1000/-500/+1000 denars (2000 min threshold). A thousand denars is a lot in the early game and this is a pretty common event. (The text for this event is my favorite bit of writing in the whole mod. That sad smile is such a wonderful touch, I love it)

Aye. AFAIK the battle events issue is something BadListener is working on. If they indicate there's a fix I can provide in my events without breaking them / removing the battle feature, I'll probably update to implement them, I just don't want to go about disabling events / features every time TaleWorlds updates.

I agree that a lot of the text is too long; I have a tendency to be overly loquacious, and have been trying to reduce that in more recent events (I also ended up rewriting basically all of the default CE events at some point, and a lot of those show a more modern approach of breaking longer paragraphs, where they are necessary, into multiple windows). I'm still struggling to balance correctly between providing enough flavor to give events the right feel and not breaking gameplay or feeling repetitive.

I agree with your points on the event repetition. I will probably increase the weight of the exit events in the future, or increase the damage taken per event (as many of these loops actually have endings contingent on your character's health falling below a threshold, the fantasy being that you're literally being screwed into unconsciousness).

I agree that the troop event trivializes a lot of the early game if you're willing to suffer a bit of indignity / pregnancy, and commensurately it also makes it difficult not to become pregnant very early on - I'll probably revisit it with adjustments similar to those you've recommended. I *wish* I had some way to intercept the actual troop payment behavior and trigger the event only at that time (that way it could actually depend on the amount of money you owe), but that's not currently an option provided by CE (and it'd be a remarkably specific thing to code, so I don't feel it's a good use of BL's time).

I'm happy to hear the writing for that event gets across correctly - it (similarly to the event where one of your troops offers to pretend to force you if you've escaped after being a broken slave, but immediately relents if you protest)'s intended to get across that your troops aren't actually evil and don't really hate you, but they are mercenaries and they do need to be paid for their work. Other entities (enemy owners, and the Alchemist in particular) can be truly evil, but for evil to come across as evil there has to be good (or at least grey) in the world as well.

22 hours ago, Buridan said:

Played with this mod on e1.5.9 for more than a dozen hours, it seems largely stable. The only seriously gamebreaking issue I noticed was the battle events breaking strat map interactivity

Ok, sorry if this is dumb, but have you tried tapping alt when this happens?

I haven't tried! I'll keep that in mind next time an event with a battle option pops up. (EDIT: just tried. tapping alt doesn't fix it when this bug happens. Interestingly, strat map functionality remains fine if you lose that battle.)

On 5/13/2021 at 1:42 PM, transfer said:

I agree that a lot of the text is too long; I have a tendency to be overly loquacious, and have been trying to reduce that in more recent events (I also ended up rewriting basically all of the default CE events at some point, and a lot of those show a more modern approach of breaking longer paragraphs, where they are necessary, into multiple windows). I'm still struggling to balance correctly between providing enough flavor to give events the right feel and not breaking gameplay or feeling repetitive.

For what it's worth, I really like the longer text! Personally I'd much rather have the long text but the event only loops a couple of times. Pretty much all the writing I've seen is so powerfully evocative, it would be a shame to lose that imo.

I got a crashed when i click "submit to your Master before the altar". It looks like something wrong with line 177 & line 178 in file TBSlaveryEventsFemale_Sexual_Marriage.xml? When i remove or comment those 2 lines, it works fine. My char will join captor faction & clan but no marriage.

Any tips on how to make it work? thanks.