32 minutes ago, SkipWestcott said:

We should colloborate --- I didn't realize you were still active.

While I am still alive, and interested in making sure this mod actually functions (primarily out of misplaced pride and a sense of doing the right thing), I do not anticipate having the bandwidth for content updates.

I took a look at your mod, and a couple of others when I started updating this one, and came to the conclusion that making substantial content changes to this mod could break others. As a result, my goal here is to change none of the actual events or outcomes, just fix bugs and tune event probabilities where possible so that it remains forwards-compatible.

If I start modding bannerlord more actively again, I will probably either create a new mod or bundle any new events into a separate package to avoid conflicts.

7 hours ago, Thelasvegasenigma said:

Just wanted to thank you for your work. I enjoy the events this adds buggy though they are. Can't wait for the eventual update and hopefully TaleWorlds will keep things more stable (seems like it since 1.0)

Thanks. That is my hope as well.

On 11/19/2022 at 4:19 PM, idkausernametf said:

Hello i get a error when trying to do Teach to obey image.png.f066f114c25ef89611a47e7d29b37249.png

As far as I know,

1. Events only show up as red like this when the event itself is missing or not loading from files

2. TB_captor_training_menu does exist in this file

Leading me to believe this is most likely the result of an installation error / putting things in the wrong folder.

I'll look into it as I update, though.

Edited by transfer
1 hour ago, transfer said:

While I am still alive, and interested in making sure this mod actually functions (primarily out of misplaced pride and a sense of doing the right thing), I do not anticipate having the bandwidth for content updates.

I took a look at your mod, and a couple of others when I started updating this one, and came to the conclusion that making substantial content changes to this mod could break others. As a result, my goal here is to change none of the actual events or outcomes, just fix bugs and tune event probabilities where possible so that it remains forwards-compatible.

If I start modding bannerlord more actively again, I will probably either create a new mod or bundle any new events into a separate package to avoid conflicts.

Yeah, I understand.  There are a good number of events I just did things like add the correct background image conditions, a few needed MobileParty, little things like that.

I have to thank you, though, for the effort that TB represents. I would not have even started without you!

>tb_captor_training_menu

That is possibly my mistake in my Revival for 1.0, but,

Isn't it the first event in TBCaptorEventsCommon_Training.xml?

2 hours ago, SkipWestcott said:

Yeah, I understand.  There are a good number of events I just did things like add the correct background image conditions, a few needed MobileParty, little things like that.

I have to thank you, though, for the effort that TB represents. I would not have even started without you!

>tb_captor_training_menu

That is possibly my mistake in my Revival for 1.0, but,

Isn't it the first event in TBCaptorEventsCommon_Training.xml?

It should be, yes. AFAIK it's the root menu after talking to a captive about training them. TBH if you've already gone to all the trouble of fixing image conditions and logistical issues (some of which weren't even in the scope of what I was planning to fix), it may be best to just let sleeping dragons lie and have your work stand as the official successor. 

23 hours ago, transfer said:

It should be, yes. AFAIK it's the root menu after talking to a captive about training them. TBH if you've already gone to all the trouble of fixing image conditions and logistical issues (some of which weren't even in the scope of what I was planning to fix), it may be best to just let sleeping dragons lie and have your work stand as the official successor. 

https://www.loverslab.com/files/file/24515-tbcaptivity-revived-for-captivityevents-for-bannerlord-10-plus-original-tb/

I zipped up your images, added overwriteable, and zipped up the events but the rest are untouched. I need to run it for a while though, because I think there are crashes since the move to CE 1036. But now I can just upload 300kb of events instead of 200MB of static pngs lol.

LMK if you want to host these instead.

I'm still going to twiddle with the "Revived" version that interops with my BC events, though. It looks like I cut out 100kb of events, and there's more commented out. FYI.

Edited by SkipWestcott
  • 2 months later...
On 11/23/2022 at 12:37 PM, SkipWestcott said:

https://www.loverslab.com/files/file/24515-tbcaptivity-revived-for-captivityevents-for-bannerlord-10-plus-original-tb/

I zipped up your images, added overwriteable, and zipped up the events but the rest are untouched. I need to run it for a while though, because I think there are crashes since the move to CE 1036. But now I can just upload 300kb of events instead of 200MB of static pngs lol.

LMK if you want to host these instead.

I'm still going to twiddle with the "Revived" version that interops with my BC events, though. It looks like I cut out 100kb of events, and there's more commented out. FYI.

I see. Hosting the images separately  is an interesting choice - I never did so because I tended to update them almost more frequently than the events themselves. If I were to attempt to update my existing events (mainly to remove or fix any broken events), would you recommend using your updated version as a base? My intent is purely to fix my events so that they can be used more easily without e.g. breaking due to battle.

It sounds like your BC events are a more robust version of the player-as-captive events I wrote. Do you have an idea which events are not essentially overwritten by your mod? 

Going forward if/when I get into making events again (instead of just fixing these, which I hope to leave stable), I will do so as completely separate filesets that might use some of the same properties.

Okay - after reviewing your mod's files, and the TBCE files, it looks like you've more or less just bundled everything into one and built on what I'd put into place, to the point that I can probably just consider BC events a successor to TBCE. Which is odd to discover, but I don't really mind if it means there's a more active curator in town for the experience I'd hoped to provide. I'll link to your mod in the description here.

Okay - after reviewing your mod's files, and the TBCE files, it looks like you've more or less just bundled everything into one and built on what I'd put into place, to the point that I can probably just consider BC events a successor to TBCE. Which is odd to discover, but I don't really mind if it means there's a more active curator in town for the experience I'd hoped to provide. I'll link to your mod in the description here.

Last thing I want to do is take something you're still working on!

But the 'base' version is, yes, what I would start with were I you looking to expand. It is just "overwriteable" flags on all your events, so that mine win out in some cases.

I would say BC has replaced about 50% of your pictures, and 30% of your events; except that in a lot of cases all I did was add my own Custom Skills --- which you should check out, in the CECustomSkills file, if you haven't ?

58 minutes ago, SkipWestcott said:

Last thing I want to do is take something you're still working on!

But the 'base' version is, yes, what I would start with were I you looking to expand. It is just "overwriteable" flags on all your events, so that mine win out in some cases.

I would say BC has replaced about 50% of your pictures, and 30% of your events; except that in a lot of cases all I did was add my own Custom Skills --- which you should check out, in the CECustomSkills file, if you haven't ?

I noticed them, yes - I'll probably make use of them in future events once I get an idea of what causes them to increase or decrease in-game so that I can determine how they'd affect things.

TBH TBCE was almost entirely finished when I left it, bugs excepted; I had a couple more event types in mind, but was trying to get it into a place where I could start making independent ancillary packs anyway. The main *new features* (there were also a variety of events I had hoped to make more egalitarian across genders and orientations) I had left on my docket were:

- Adding events to circumstance sets that had relatively few of them to avoid repetition (unfortunately, some of the events you commented out were there for precisely that reason, although I agree with your rationale for removing them - they didn't really add anything beyond padding)

- Adding a player-as-victim version of the Alchemist storyline, to explore from the player's perspective the body horror / humiliation of unwilling mind control

The original goal of the mod was to provide a more 'realistic' portrayal of medieval sexual brutality as a sandbox for players, and enough events to make the world feel alive in a way that the base game doesn't. Themes I'm considering alternate, smaller, and mostly independent packs for going forward are ex:

- 'Voyeuristic' events for non-captive players; opportunities to encounter people out in the world doing good or evil things and make decisions based on / to help shape the player's morality

- 'Fantasy' events intended to inject a bit of the fantastic into the world of Calradia; encounters with mythical creatures events, or magic (ex: arthurian legend)

- 'Historical' events drawn from research on more obscure medieval history to add surprise and verisimilitude

but I'll need to look into whether LogRaam's tools to assist with event building are up to date, or build a compiler myself; CE's configuration is too finnicky for me to want to dive headfirst into it again without a better plan for scaling my efforts.

CE's configuration is too finnicky for me to want to dive headfirst into it again without a better plan for scaling my efforts.

Another thing --- I have a dude providing Language files, he is about 1/3 way done with TB!

I was going to wait a little bit for some more Language coverage and then make a Github for BC; I'll reach out when I do, save everyone some effort.

2 hours ago, Rance47 said:

Will this and BC Captor clash with one another if used together?

AFAIK yes. Skip bundled a copy of this designed to not clash here: 

just make sure to load BCCaptor afterwards, as it overrides many of my events to function.

Hey I am really confused with the installation process.

This is what i did:

Download and unzip then paste in Modules folder for Banner Lord

Now I get this is requiring different version 1.6.2.1030 while zCaptivityEvents I have is 1.0.3.1038 which is the latest version u may see at https://www.loverslab.com/files/file/12674-bannerlord-mod-captivity-events/

I would really appreciate if u mind to help me out figure it to fix and if sth i did wrong for installation or sth missing.

image.png.2f68d1944b5244d8189690c797dda484.png

image.png.bb3d621138c35e7435c7ef32827b33a3.png

4 hours ago, UlkerxBisquits said:

Hey I am really confused with the installation process.

This is what i did:

Download and unzip then paste in Modules folder for Banner Lord

Now I get this is requiring different version 1.6.2.1030 while zCaptivityEvents I have is 1.0.3.1038 which is the latest version u may see at https://www.loverslab.com/files/file/12674-bannerlord-mod-captivity-events/

I would really appreciate if u mind to help me out figure it to fix and if sth i did wrong for installation or sth missing.

image.png.2f68d1944b5244d8189690c797dda484.png

image.png.bb3d621138c35e7435c7ef32827b33a3.png

Bannerlord has a non-backwards-compatible versioning check, and TBCE contains no code that interacts directly with Bannerlord, so it's more or less version-agnostic. It's possible that CE itself might at some point change the structure of its supported configs, but unless that happens you should be able to ignore that error.

I recommend, however, using Skip's bundled version of these events (linked in the file page) instead of mine - he's updated them more recently. 

• 4 weeks later...
On 2/17/2023 at 5:03 PM, transfer said:

I recommend, however, using Skip's bundled version of these events (linked in the file page) instead of mine - he's updated them more recently. 

You may recognize the tattoo'd and pierced remnants of your events, and are welcome to help an open-source effort to make them their best, here.

• 7 months later...
15 hours ago, someguy64461 said:

Random question, when my captive is pregnant by me and gives birth the child is gone. It doesnt become a bastard or something like that? Just gone?

This is *probably* an issue with the base game, but could be an issue with the way certain captives are generated (particularly, captives generated by this mod use a function built into CaptivityEvents, which if I recall has trouble generating entirely consistent NPCs). Unfortunately these are mostly just text events, they don't interact with the actual functionality of the game. I don't update this mod anymore to avoid breaking things that were built on top of / from it, but I consider this mod a successor:

so possibly Skip has fixed it? If not, BadListener may have better insight into the cause.

A potential solution would be e.g. creating a capture event for births and generating an appropriate child NPC, but I don't believe such an event handler exists, at least when I last looked into this. (I had quite a bit more planned for pregnancy outcomes and events, but without event handlers for pregnancy status or completion, couldn't write them).