Jump to content

Recommended Posts

TBCaptivityEventsExtension


 

Non-consent and slavery-themed extension to the CaptivityEvents mod for Bannerlord. 

 

Mod in maintenance mode

 

Given the marked increase in reported instability for functions that previously worked for this mod, I'm pausing new feature development on it until Bannerlord becomes more stable. I will attempt to continue updating the mod to work with the latest version of CE that is stable for Bannerlord, but please keep an eye on the version this mod was released for and consider delaying upgrading until I've released a new version - I cannot and will not even attempt to support in real-time with Bannerlord's updates.

 

Please also note that I always recommend starting a new game when updating this mod; bannerlord does not handle modifications to custom skills well.

 

MOD IN BETA

 

This mod is still in Beta state - bugs and inconsistencies are to be expected. Please:

a) report them in this thread

b) help me distinguish between issues that crop up in the base mod (CaptivityEvents) and those which only crop up when you have TBCaptivityEventsExtension installed.

 

CONTENT WARNING


This mod includes sensitive content of a sexual nature relating to the following subjects:

  • Non-consensual sex
  • Slavery / Mind-break
  • Bestiality, including: wolves, horses, insects (chaurus)

I assume by being a non-trash human you object to noncon and slavery in real life. 

If, however, you object to noncon or slavery in your gaming experience as well, and still want more events, you're welcome to use this mod - just remove any images you object to (or all of them) and delete the Events files which you find objectionable - each file should have the above associated tags listed in their names for easy removal.

Please let me know if you find any that are mislabeled and I will fix the issue in my next update.

 

Overview

  • This mod adds events and images to extend the behavior of CaptivityEvents.
  • Please refer to the associated License (Modified MIT) for legal concerns.
  • If any party associated with any of the content provided by this mod wishes for its distribution to cease, please let me know.

Features

  • More captor scenarios, both for slaves and captives.
  • Enjoy a deeper slavery experience: Balance your health with your servitude and try to escape before you find yourself your master's willing slave.
  • Get sold to the Arena for a day for the crowd's entertainment.
  • Dream of freedom and better days to regain health - but beware nightmares!
  • Keep your men's morale up by showing them your marital skills.
  • Catch annoying thieves and punish them as your captives
  • Keep your troops' morale up using your captives' bodies
  • Treat your captives as you like - be a sadistic or benevolent captor

 

Captive Escape System

  • Several events in this mod create a sort of minigame for reducing / eliminating the chance that captives escape via normal means.
    • The following attributes affect the chance that a captive makes a successful escape attempt:
      • Your troops' morale - the higher, the lower the chance a captive will escape
      • Your leadership skill - the higher, the lower the chance a captive will escape
      • Your captives' health - when a captive's health is very low, they aren't strong enough to escape
      • Your captives' relation - if a captive likes you a lot, they won't try to escape
    • The following attributes affect your ability to recapture an escaped captive (during the escape event)
      • Your Scouting skill - the higher, the better chance you'll be able to recapture them yourself
      • Your Roguery skill - the higher, the better chance the escapee will have fallen into one of your traps
      • Your Gold - you can always just pay a bounty hunter to bring back your captive, but it's not cheap... 

 

Installation

  1. Make sure you have CaptivityEvents installed This mod does nothing without it.
  2. Download the TBCaptivityEvents file.
  3. Unzip the file into the Modules folder of your Bannerlord installation.
  4. Open the Modules folder and check that the TBCaptivityEvents folder is present.
  5. Turn off the regular escape events in the CaptivityEvents MCM
    - OR - 
    Use the CESettings.xml file. Try replacing your Modules\zCaptivityEvents\ModuleLoader\CaptivityRequired\Events\CESettings.xml file with this if you're having weird event frequencies. It mostly just changes random events to be as likely as captor events while not captive, and disables the default escape mechanism.

 

Support


If something is broke, let me know in the LL support thread, preferably with your best guess as to the event that caused it. Please check that the issue doesn't occur in base CaptivityEvents first.

 

Thanks

  • The Bannerlord team, for making a great game and continuing to support it.
  • BadListener, for writing CaptivityEvents and being responsive to questions and suggestions
  • The various modders of LL, specifically those involved in Skyrim Special Edition, particularly those whose assets are depicted in these images:
  • Various other modders who have improved my Skyrim experience (In case you hadn't guessed, all of the original images included in this pack are generated by screenarching a Skyrim installation)
  • I guess I should technically thank Bethesda for making a game so buggy it inspired an entire community to work for years to make it worth playing.

 


 

Edited by transfer
Don't want to have to update the same thing in two places.
Link to comment

Yes, this is an extension to the CaptivityEvents mod for Mount and Blade II: Bannerlord. The screenshots shown in this mod are static images that show up during events on the campaign map - the actual ingame interface is either a large campaign map with static images showing events or an ingame, third-person combat during battles that's reminiscent of combination total war and third-person brawler gameplay. 

Link to comment
7 hours ago, transfer said:

Yes, this is an extension to the CaptivityEvents mod for Mount and Blade II: Bannerlord. The screenshots shown in this mod are static images that show up during events on the campaign map - the actual ingame interface is either a large campaign map with static images showing events or an ingame, third-person combat during battles that's reminiscent of combination total war and third-person brawler gameplay. 

I actually bought the game because of this. Fantastic game! Amazing add on to this mod by the way. I owe you for introducing me

Link to comment

That's high praise. I really liked the first one, and the dev team is known for continually iterating on and improving their games. I hope you like it - I plan on continuing to add events here whenever I have time. It might behoove you to disable automatic updates, though, as their updates have been known to break mod functionality in the past, leaving you with an unmoddable game for a few days until modders can catch up. 

Link to comment

No, good catch. The Modules folder can be dragged into the main Mount & Blade II Bannerlord folder if installing manually. It should request to overwrite the four or so generic images.

 

The ModuleData and Sprites folders (in the zip, they're in Modules/zCaptivityEvents) go into the main zCaptivityEvents folder.

Link to comment

Yes, I give you permission to do so so long as you equally give others permission to share and modify the derivative works. My initial intent was to mimic that style, but I found I couldn't do so well enough (GIMP oilify just ended up making things substantially worse). I'd be curious to know how you intend to go about doing so; the broad style in the original pack is AFAIK from the source mostly hand-drawn, and if there's a good method for adapting them I'd be happy to use it going forward. 

Link to comment
8 minutes ago, transfer said:

Yes, I give you permission to do so so long as you equally give others permission to share and modify the derivative works. My initial intent was to mimic that style, but I found I couldn't do so well enough (GIMP oilify just ended up making things substantially worse). I'd be curious to know how you intend to go about doing so; the broad style in the original pack is AFAIK from the source mostly hand-drawn, and if there's a good method for adapting them I'd be happy to use it going forward. 

I was going to attempt to use a Comic Editor app on my Phone to try to make it more oily 

Link to comment

Hmm, ever asked BadListener how they did it so you can mimic the look? i have photoshop, if it's a consistent filter i could easily do it for you.  Though i actually prefer less or no smear.  It feels like that stage in videogames where they tried to go super realistic and it just ends up looking terrible, it's not an oil painting that much is clear.  So i do like the way you did it better.  But if someone really wants it all to look the same i can make that happen.

Link to comment
2 minutes ago, B0ukensha said:

Hmm, ever asked BadListener how they did it so you can mimic the look? i have photoshop, if it's a consistent filter i could easily do it for you.  Though i actually prefer less or no smear.  It feels like that stage in videogames where they tried to go super realistic and it just ends up looking terrible, it's not an oil painting that much is clear.  So i do like the way you did it better.  But if someone really wants it all to look the same i can make that happen.

I think BadListener was trying to capture the look of this art style

default_female.png

Link to comment

If the result is good, more power to you. I tried exactly that in GIMP for the first set of my images and ended up not entirely happy with them. I'll see if photoshop's oil tool is better at it, as I agree with you that it'd be better if the style were consistent. 

Link to comment
Just now, transfer said:

If the result is good, more power to you. I tried exactly that in GIMP for the first set of my images and ended up not entirely happy with them. I'll see if photoshop's oil tool is better at it, as I agree with you that it'd be better if the style were consistent. 

IMHO it'd be best to try to stick with the Native artstyle for the images

Link to comment

 

3 minutes ago, s520864 said:

i think BadListener was looking for an actual artist to draw for him at one point, or maybe he still is currently.

I will be pleasantly surprised and appreciative when BadListener finds someone capable of making the number of images required to provide a decent degree of variety at the level of quality of Bannerlord's original art team. Looking forward to it. In the meantime as it sounds like the images in this pack are immersion-breaking, I'll stop bothering and just write events.

Link to comment
Just now, transfer said:

 

I will be pleasantly surprised and appreciative when BadListener finds someone capable of making the number of images required to provide a decent degree of variety at the level of quality of Bannerlord's original art team. Looking forward to it. In the meantime as it sounds like the images in this pack are immersion-breaking, I'll stop bothering and just write events.

Most of them are very well selected, but a few look to much like skyrim

Link to comment

he still is yeah.  And no it isn't bad but it also looks nothing like the original art style either.  Also getting an artist to do this from scratch is quite unreasonable, or expensive, depending on the amount of images, quality, etc... All i'm saying really, is don't count on the artwork changing anytime soon.  It'll be a while before a generous artist picks this up for fun.  i'd have done it but i'm not that good and i don't have the equipment i'd need since corona.  But as i said, fiddling with some images on photoshop, no problem

Link to comment
2 minutes ago, B0ukensha said:

he still is yeah.  And no it isn't bad but it also looks nothing like the original art style either.  Also getting an artist to do this from scratch is quite unreasonable, or expensive, depending on the amount of images, quality, etc... All i'm saying really, is don't count on the artwork changing anytime soon.  It'll be a while before a generous artist picks this up for fun.  i'd have done it but i'm not that good and i don't have the equipment i'd need since corona.  But as i said, fiddling with some images on photoshop, no problem

Why don't you try to take a crack at the images available currently in the mod files and try to Photoshop them into imitation pieces of the Native Artstyle :)

Link to comment
31 minutes ago, s520864 said:

Why don't you try to take a crack at the images available currently in the mod files and try to Photoshop them into imitation pieces of the Native Artstyle :)

Native? no i can make it look like BL's filter i can keep everything in the same style..  As far as i'm aware it's quite difficult to make something look like real artwork.   But i'll give it a try.

Link to comment
Spoiler

default_female.png.6b19b077eb1d28585d6b0b73ebc4c11a.pngdefault_female_adjusted.png.c6d6685cf3468e2edd685a3813340ba1.png

<-- this mod version  --  BL style -->

 

I'd make it more consistent but even BL's work varies in how intense the effect is.  And mind, a lot of images on this mod are perfectly fine as-is (for consistency)

I'll get back to you for my attempt to make it more like native ? but don't get your hopes up too high.

Link to comment

Hey transfer,  I had some fun writing some descriptions but I have no skill to implement them in proper events (I simply deleted the standard descriptions, writing my stuff instead).
I was wondering if anyone could be interested in them. It's mainly a lesbian pov, so it's a bit of a niche and not very lore-friendly (female mercenaries, soldiers and brigants).

Guess it's not for everyone's taste, but who knows.

With the new Captor options I'm also adding some humiliation scenes for npc.

Link to comment

@B0ukensha Ah. Yeah, that's worse (at least, in my opinion) than the filters I was using, and ends up much blockier than the bannerlord art. The main problem is that it completely removes the character's expressions. I found a slightly better filter in photoshop; I'll upload a filterified copy of my images at some point. I keep trying to find a way to get it to still have the painterly look I like without screwing with the facial expression... I may just have to bite the bullet and do it manually by deselecting them before running. 

 

@dæææmn I'd recommend making your own mod for it in the same way I made this one; if you change the file and event names you should be able to load the file at the same time as the other events without issue. I welcome more alternative (lesbian, gay, etc) events; I only don't write them much because I don't swing that way, so I feel like I'd be bad at doing them justice. If you really feel like you won't be able to, I can take a stab at formatting / validating your events, I'll just put them in their own file and name so that it's clear who to credit.

 

Thanks,

 

 

 

 

Link to comment

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...