13 hours ago, BadListener said:

does it say it is loading more than 200 events?

It says 400+ events and 187 images, when I start the game up. But browsing through the mod in MCM, I can't find any of the events from this addition. Just the vanilla mod events.

"did u enable to mods via the bannerlord launcher?

I'm using the Bannerlord Mod Launcher to launch the game. I only see "Captivity Events" and "Default Captivity Events" listed in the launcher load order.

Also my apologies about the image. Had to use a URL before as I couldn't find an image upload option, and I forgot to save it to my PC. Here goes 2nd try, using the uploader.

CapEvent.PNG

Edited by Guppy1
33 minutes ago, Guppy1 said:

It says 400+ events and 187 images, when I start the game up. But browsing through the mod in MCM, I can't find any of the events from this addition. Just the vanilla mod events.

I'm using the Bannerlord Mod Launcher to launch the game. I only see "Captivity Events" and "Default Captivity Events" listed in the launcher load order.

Also my apologies about the image. Had to use a URL before as I couldn't find an image upload option, and I forgot to save it to my PC. Here goes 2nd try, using the uploader.

CapEvent.PNG

if u use mcm u can configure the quest, would suggest u do so.

39 minutes ago, Whizkid said:

if u use mcm u can configure the quest, would suggest u do so.

I can't find the additional Events to choose from, in the MCM menu. Just the vanilla events, it seems.

Does it matter if I'm using the Nexus Mods version of CaptivityEvents main mod? 

Edited by Guppy1

UPDATE: SOLVED

Not sure why this worked the second time, but I just deleted the folder, redownloaded and extracted it into the CaptiveEvents folder, and now they all populate.

Only thing is, now it randomly uses males and females for gender bound events. Like my male companion appearing in the "Wife Visits" event, but uses female script, or a female companion using male script while I'm a male. Not sure why it's using them all at random, and none of my actual wives. Also had just "Heterosexual" selected so no bi or homosexual content should proc.

Possible conflict with "Marry Anyone" mod?

Also can't find the concubine/harem event in the MCM list. 

Curiously enough, I find the non-sexual events in this creation add more to my bannerlordings than the sexual ones. That's not to say the smut is bad, but rather the other stuff is very good. Various situations with various options and outcomes, usually with minor consequences - for good or ill. Precisely what the base game is sorely lacking at this point.

Some of the new events have excessive morale penalties and renown gains, though. The cart and the wildfire pissed me off so much I disabled them, because none of the options available had a favorable outcome. If RNGesus would deliver a couple of those in a row, my party's morale would tank for no good reason. Several points morale hit because a fucking cart broke down? Eugh, no. Same but reverse with the flower girl: I tell my guards to keep her safe and gain as much renown as I would from winning a medium size battle? A big morale boost would make good sense there, renown less so.

While things like the cart, wildfire, flood and whatnot are good for leveling some annoying skills, as I assume is the intention, they could stand to be a bit less severe. Brute forcing through the situation should indeed tank morale, bungling through with low skill less so and expertly handling it should give morale instead. Like the storm camping options.

The deflowering and rapist punishment events seem to apply their effects to the NPC instead of the PC. The rape victim would become more calculating as I executed the rapist and the virgin would become more merciful and whatnot when released.

5 hours ago, Guppy1 said:

UPDATE: SOLVED

Not sure why this worked the second time, but I just deleted the folder, redownloaded and extracted it into the CaptiveEvents folder, and now they all populate.

Only thing is, now it randomly uses males and females for gender bound events. Like my male companion appearing in the "Wife Visits" event, but uses female script, or a female companion using male script while I'm a male. Not sure why it's using them all at random, and none of my actual wives. Also had just "Heterosexual" selected so no bi or homosexual content should proc.

Possible conflict with "Marry Anyone" mod?

Also can't find the concubine/harem event in the MCM list. 

I'm not sure these are properly flagged, but they seemed to work in my tests. It's been a while since I was able to test them, though, as I don't have any savegames in which my character is married at this point. I'll take another look.

3 hours ago, Krh said:

Curiously enough, I find the non-sexual events in this creation add more to my bannerlordings than the sexual ones. That's not to say the smut is bad, but rather the other stuff is very good. Various situations with various options and outcomes, usually with minor consequences - for good or ill. Precisely what the base game is sorely lacking at this point.

Some of the new events have excessive morale penalties and renown gains, though. The cart and the wildfire pissed me off so much I disabled them, because none of the options available had a favorable outcome. If RNGesus would deliver a couple of those in a row, my party's morale would tank for no good reason. Several points morale hit because a fucking cart broke down? Eugh, no. Same but reverse with the flower girl: I tell my guards to keep her safe and gain as much renown as I would from winning a medium size battle? A big morale boost would make good sense there, renown less so.

While things like the cart, wildfire, flood and whatnot are good for leveling some annoying skills, as I assume is the intention, they could stand to be a bit less severe. Brute forcing through the situation should indeed tank morale, bungling through with low skill less so and expertly handling it should give morale instead. Like the storm camping options.

The deflowering and rapist punishment events seem to apply their effects to the NPC instead of the PC. The rape victim would become more calculating as I executed the rapist and the virgin would become more merciful and whatnot when released.

That's really good feedback. The events you're talking about are actually some of the newest in this set, and added as part of a paradigm to, as you suspect, allow the player to increase their skill slightly faster / differently and make those skills actually matter outside of pure gameplay. The intent of some of the unfavorable events is to allow you to mitigate but not entirely remove negative consequences (so as to make morale-gaining choices always valuable), but given that there's no way for me to make *sure* events don't happen multiple times in a row, some bad luck protection is probably a good idea. Do you think making the harsher events (ex: cart / wildfire) not proc when your morale is already too low (say, below 50) would resolve the problem for you?

Overall renown is a tricky one - Might be worth a balancing pass to reduce overall increases and decreases in this event set, given that if getting captured and enslaved by random nobles is pretty commonplace, it's hardly going to seriously reduce the renown of a successful leader, and as you say it doesn't hugely make sense for renown gained from a single event to eclipse that of a battle. Perhaps 4-5 events' worth.

On 10/20/2021 at 7:08 PM, transfer said:

Do you think making the harsher events (ex: cart / wildfire) not proc when your morale is already too low (say, below 50) would resolve the problem for you?

A morale threshold for negative events to proc would probably just feel like being punished for successful campaigning. I'd much prefer the morale hits to simply be less harsh for doing something other than "Don't worry, guys! We got this! Let's ride right through that fire/flood/locust cloud!" with the situation at hand.

As for renown, I'd suggest one point bonus/penalty for events where something noteworthy is done with credible witnesses in attendance, and two points for major stuff. Nobody is going to believe, know or even care that a noble got fucked silly by a bunch of bandits in the middle of nowhere. If she gets walked on a leash in the middle of a town, yeah, that's going to be news. But was it really her, or just some harlot who looks a bit alike? A malicious rumor, surely. Oh, everyone knows she beds her soldiers in lieu of payment, it has to be true. It would make sense for accumulating sordid tales to gradually damage one's reputation.

7 hours ago, mauice said:

how does one trigger an event to become broken or can the player character not become broken?

The PC can't gain the broken status, but if you get high enough slavery you can end up becoming your captor's concubine, and if you're freed without throwing off your training (i.e. you still have a high slavery level), you may have ill effects similar to being broken, e.g. offering yourself as a slave immediately upon capture, offering yourself to your troops, or being blackmailed by your troops.

• 2 weeks later...

I think there is a bug where if your character is female and has the event with a male companion in the party, a child can be created between the male companion and some random soldier as a result.  I can't pin down if this a problem with the event or a problem with CE.  Trying to follow along in the debugger, it seems that CE goes off and thinks that the companion is the father but there is no known mother involved.

Hey, I keep getting this error, is it non compatible with any of the other Captivity mods?

I downloaded the suggested ones on the main mod page on Nexus, but I noticed yours was the one causing it.

All I wonder is if I can ignore it or not, here's all the info needed I believe.

Forgot to mention I am running the 1.5.7 version.*

Found out that it is SG's Captivity Events that is causing the issue, I hope this is of any help.**

Spoiler

11/9/2021 11:18:26 PM -- Failed to load CE_captor_female_sexual_menu exception: An item with the same key has already been added. stacktrace:    at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentException(ExceptionResource resource)
   at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2.Insert(TKey key, TValue value, Boolean add)
   at CaptivityEvents.Events.CEEventLoader.CELoadCaptorEvent(CampaignGameStarter gameStarter, CEEvent listedEvent, List`1 eventList)
   at CaptivityEvents.CESubModule.AddEvent(CampaignGameStarter gameStarter, CEEvent _listedEvent, List`1 eventList)
11/9/2021 11:18:26 PM -- Failed to load CE_captor_male_sexual_menu exception: An item with the same key has already been added. stacktrace:    at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentException(ExceptionResource resource)
   at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2.Insert(TKey key, TValue value, Boolean add)
   at CaptivityEvents.Events.CEEventLoader.CELoadCaptorEvent(CampaignGameStarter gameStarter, CEEvent listedEvent, List`1 eventList)
   at CaptivityEvents.CESubModule.AddEvent(CampaignGameStarter gameStarter, CEEvent _listedEvent, List`1 eventList)

image_2021-11-09_232521.png

LoadingFailedXML.txt LogFileFC.txt

Edited by Nexodus
* notes the edit

I have a strange issue and not quite sure if it is from this more or the base mod or not but whenever the PC is supposed to gain affection from an event I actually loose affection and when I should loose it I gain affection.  I have tried removing the mod and reinstalling it but that did nothing to fix the issue.  I will say that on my first time playing the mod after installing the latest update it worked fine but when I loaded the save or started a new game after then is when the issue started.

On 11/9/2021 at 2:29 PM, Nexodus said:

Hey, I keep getting this error, is it non compatible with any of the other Captivity mods?

I downloaded the suggested ones on the main mod page on Nexus, but I noticed yours was the one causing it.

All I wonder is if I can ignore it or not, here's all the info needed I believe.

Hi, yes, this is expected; SGCE and my events both by necessity use the menu starting events when talking to captives. I'll see about adding it to the description.

On 11/10/2021 at 7:32 PM, willpill35 said:

I have a strange issue and not quite sure if it is from this more or the base mod or not but whenever the PC is supposed to gain affection from an event I actually loose affection and when I should loose it I gain affection.  I have tried removing the mod and reinstalling it but that did nothing to fix the issue.  I will say that on my first time playing the mod after installing the latest update it worked fine but when I loaded the save or started a new game after then is when the issue started.

That's strange, and I'm actually not sure how that's possible given the values involved. Can you provide screenshots of the event(s) in question and the affection deltas?

I actually stopped playing my current game for a bit this weekend and when I went to go get the screenshots for you it seems to be working just fine now.  I did not do anything new or add and remove any of the mods I have been using so I have absolutely no idea what is going on there.  I can say though that one of the events that it would happen in was the event where one of your soldiers would wash the prisoner and you only have the two options to either interfere or leave them be if that maybe helps.

On 5/13/2021 at 1:42 PM, transfer said:

I agree that the troop event trivializes a lot of the early game if you're willing to suffer a bit of indignity / pregnancy, and commensurately it also makes it difficult not to become pregnant very early on - I'll probably revisit it with adjustments similar to those you've recommended. I *wish* I had some way to intercept the actual troop payment behavior and trigger the event only at that time (that way it could actually depend on the amount of money you owe), but that's not currently an option provided by CE (and it'd be a remarkably specific thing to code, so I don't feel it's a good use of BL's time).

Been getting into Bannerlord again, had a vanilla dialogue popup from the "Fatherless" companion after I missed a salary payment chiding me for not paying my men on time (similar to I think Baheshtur or Rolf's dialogue from Warband). Could the troop payment event somehow use whatever hook the companion is using to cue the remark? So that it pops *after* you've proven you can't pay their salary.

(I know the mod's on maintenance mode, just a thought for when you decide to pick it up again. ?)

I'm playing the game currently without CE, I have to say I'm really feeling the lack of CE and particularly this sub-mod. The scrappy early game as a female character almost feels incomplete without the looming threat of sexual peril from these events.

Hi, I was wondering a few things related to mechanics:

Brothel: I havent tryed but will, if we sell a captive without owning it does it stays (as when we own the brothel an use the manage function)? or its just sold like tavern.?

Party captives, what should we use Obedience for and Affection for? Since for me it seems that both cant coexist, since one lowers the other.

Army whores which use obedience or affection? And how can we avoid them scaping, as far as the game tells the higher health they have more chances they have of scaping.

Threatening what is for? Is it working properly because Im getting plus 0 each time I use it.

What does affection does? since it seems "affection" and relations with x character are separeted. And what do we need to make one captive join our harem? and how harem works? Does the characters that join our harem joins our party?

Pd: sorry for so many questions, but its such a Great mod that its complex.

11 hours ago, jorgenjoggernaut said:

Hi, I was wondering a few things related to mechanics:

Brothel: I havent tryed but will, if we sell a captive without owning it does it stays (as when we own the brothel an use the manage function)? or its just sold like tavern.?

Party captives, what should we use Obedience for and Affection for? Since for me it seems that both cant coexist, since one lowers the other.

Army whores which use obedience or affection? And how can we avoid them scaping, as far as the game tells the higher health they have more chances they have of scaping.

Threatening what is for? Is it working properly because Im getting plus 0 each time I use it.

What does affection does? since it seems "affection" and relations with x character are separeted. And what do we need to make one captive join our harem? and how harem works? Does the characters that join our harem joins our party?

Pd: sorry for so many questions, but its such a Great mod that its complex.

Hi Jorgen,

1. The Brothel is a feature of the core CaptivityEvents mod; I'd ask that question in the support thread for that mod.

2. They are opposites. They represent how well your captive thinks you're treating them. A sufficiently obedient captive may become Broken, at which point they will stop resisting. A sufficiently affectionate captive may become Devoted, at which point they will eagerly serve you. 

3. The prostitution and brood whore flags are independent of affection and obedience, though both make it more difficult for you to max out affection / easier for you to max out obedience.

4. Threatening slightly increases obedience and decreases affection. If you've already maxed your obedience, it doesn't do anything.

5. Affection is separate from relation because relation affects the entire clan of the person you're talking to. Early versions of this mod used it and were prone to making an entire clan hate you because you mistreated one of their minor nobles, which would start wars. 

6. You can ask a captive to join your harem at any time. At either high affection or broken status they are more likely to accept. This just sets a flag on them designating them as a 'concubine', which unlocks a couple of events. 

On 11/23/2021 at 11:35 AM, transfer said:

Hi Jorgen,

1. The Brothel is a feature of the core CaptivityEvents mod; I'd ask that question in the support thread for that mod.

2. They are opposites. They represent how well your captive thinks you're treating them. A sufficiently obedient captive may become Broken, at which point they will stop resisting. A sufficiently affectionate captive may become Devoted, at which point they will eagerly serve you. 

3. The prostitution and brood whore flags are independent of affection and obedience, though both make it more difficult for you to max out affection / easier for you to max out obedience.

4. Threatening slightly increases obedience and decreases affection. If you've already maxed your obedience, it doesn't do anything.

5. Affection is separate from relation because relation affects the entire clan of the person you're talking to. Early versions of this mod used it and were prone to making an entire clan hate you because you mistreated one of their minor nobles, which would start wars. 

6. You can ask a captive to join your harem at any time. At either high affection or broken status they are more likely to accept. This just sets a flag on them designating them as a 'concubine', which unlocks a couple of events. 

Thanks for replying :)

And great mod, it feels as it should be a vanilla feature

I am having an issue running this mod on 1.6.4 and the latest CE patch. The log says "/Modules\zCaptivityEvents\ModuleLoader\zTBCaptivityEvents\SubModule.xml does not comply to CEEventsModal format described in CEEventsModal.xsd : The 'Module' element is not declared."