Bad Dog's Horse Race

View File

OBSOLETE. SEE Bad Dog's Ungulates: Horse, Deer, Minotaur

A horse race, with unique head, hands, and feet.  Requires RaceCompatibility and an extended skeleton such as XPMSE.

There's an SOS schlong as a separate download. That requires SOS.

SE VERSION HERE

• There are a bunch of unique customizations which have their own sliders. These are duplicated on the vanilla sliders so they can be accessed through the Creation Kit. So some vanilla sliders do what you'd expect, some do something horse-specific, and some do nothing at all.
  • Most of the tint sliders do something, not always what you expect. I don't know how to get RaceMenu to show tint sliders easily. The dirt slider has a few overall face patterns in addition to dirt.
  • Males have two head complexions, but if you choose the second it flips back to the first when you exit RaceMenu. Dunno what that's about.
  • There's a set of overlays by ASlySpyDuo--body, hands, feet, head--that give you zebra, giraffe, and appaloosa textures, also socks and white bellies. There's a known bug that if you have a head overlay (like the zebra) and get decapitated, you CTD. Don't get decaptated, it's bad.
  • Horses have bridles and helmets adapted by Blaze69. Regular helmets don't fit your horse head well. The NPC herd has a chest with a few items in it, or you can craft them. Usual perks required. If you have a vanilla helmet you can often re-forge it into a horse version.
  • Tails maybe-sometimes follow your hair color. If they don't there are equipable tails in the chest at the NPC camp.
  • CBBE textures are available in a separate download.
  • The SOS download gives you dick. 
    • For an ordinary unsheathed SOS schlong, activate BDHorseSOS and not the others. In this mode you'll get no extra script activity. "Horse" is a simple dick for the males, "Horse Pussy" is a pussy by RussianPrince for the females. "Horse Futa" puts a dick on the girls. Probability for this one is set to 0, so you have to choose it.
    • For sheathing horse schlongs, activate BDHorseHoodie and BadDogSchlongCore. "Horse Sheathing" is a sheath for the guys. Run BDHorseSOS too so the females get their bits.
    • These need a skeleton that supports them, e.g. UUNP, XPSME.
  • BDHorseNPC gives you NPCs. There's a small herd near the Bleakwind Basin giant camp. Horses can be found there or in Whiterun near the Gildergreen, or in the evening hanging out in the Bannered Mare or with the Companions. They've made friends with the giants so if you pick up a giant contract don't execute it when the horses are around or they'll get pissed with you. You can hire most of them, or use a follower mod to get them to follow you.
    • There's also an addon for Live Another Life which lets you start as a member of the herd. They'll be friendly and available as companions. The giants will be friendly too. 

Upgrading from prior versions:

• The schlongs might cause trouble. Uninstalling them, cleaning the save, and installing 1.0 will probably fix it.

Future

• New mouth texture
  • Maybe some more face tints or patterns, like for paint horses. If I can't get the complexions to work I'll put them on the dirt slider.
  • Scars maybe? Do scars matter? They are a bit tedious but not really hard to do.

Credits

• Submitter
  • Submitted
    02/07/2020
  • Category
  • Requires
    RaceCompatibility
  • Special Edition Compatible
    No

20 hours ago, Flawn said:

feels like the neck should be thicker

like to about here

Capture.PNG.4a5695db796433024779cafa5044cf10.PNG

agreed, the neck needs to look like it can support the head. It's just a little uncanny at the moment. Just a little. Might need a custom body(fe)male to change the neck shape though so that they blend better...alternatively a simple way to maybe fix that would be to add a second mesh for a mane too the back of the head. Like an actual horse's mane, something that travels down, and then stops at the neck seam--would make the neck/head seem to travel back farther and give less of a thin look.

I don't disagree but I'm limited by the location and size of the neck seam, also by the angle of the upper back where it hits the seam (which has to be carried into the neck). I could move the head forward to the beast position but I do think it's better balanced on the neck where it is now. I'll play with it. I don't want to get into unique bodies. I did run some of the hair down to the back, but I suck at hair.

7 minutes ago, Bad Dog said:

What's the 2k tintmask issue?

I've been playing around with my shark overlays lately which are in 2k so I set my tintmask resolution in skse.ini to match that so that they don't get downscaled. The side effect of this is that it upscales any smaller tintmasks (aka vanilla 256x256) into that resolution too which makes them look terrible and not blend very well (see: the face of the horse I posted).

So nothing to do with your mod, if that's what you were wondering. ?

LOL. 12/12 boners.

2 hours ago, ASlySpyDuo said:

The side effect of this is that it upscales any smaller tintmasks (aka vanilla 256x256) into that resolution too which makes them look terrible and not blend very well

Been wondering how to deal with that. I have the tintmasks in 2K but is it worth it to ship them? NPCs have to be made from 256x size (right?) but everyone else surely has racemenu and could use the 2K size.

6 minutes ago, Bad Dog said:

Been wondering how to deal with that. I have the tintmasks in 2K but is it worth it to ship them? NPCs have to be made from 256x size (right?) but everyone else surely has racemenu and could use the 2K size.

Tintmasks will be used exclusively by the player character something like 99% of the time, and the 2K tint fix is pretty much part of a basic SKSE install, so I think it would make sense to pack the 2K tints right away so users get the extra quality and avoid the ugly result of the 256->2k forced upscaling.

If someone ever wants to create NPCs for the mod and export FaceGen for them, they can either downscale the tints themselves so the CK won't throw a hissy fit or ask you for the 256 files.

2 hours ago, Ixum said:

I made a little vid

Heh, never thought that GSPoses would work that well for males too but then again I haven't played around with 'em that much.

1 hour ago, Bad Dog said:

What Blaze said, and if you are still wary about just shipping them in 2K by default you could offer them as alternative download. I know I certainly would appreciate them so that I don't have to switch around configs depending on what character I'm currently obsessing over.