6 hours ago, Buridan said:

Problem is that this limits the number of potential DFs to a very small handful.

It shouldn't. Any valid DF should be available as a master from the forced follower quest.

What followers is it allowing?

Just a thought on our new "revamp" look of LL... Alas, TAB in/out of content in posts didn't return as a feature. Still missing. Sad.

9 hours ago, Lupine00 said:

It shouldn't. Any valid DF should be available as a master from the forced follower quest.

What followers is it allowing?

That's what I'm saying - like Sucker343 and others, the forced follower debug option (I'm assuming that's the checkbox in the Debug tab of the DFC MCM) doesn't work either, at least in certain setups with the SE port. This part isn't new information, I'm just chiming in as an additional data point.

What I haven't seen anyone else report is that the hireling dialogue option that adds 500 debt if you don't have enough gold to pay their starting fee seems to bypass whatever issue is causing the aforementioned problem. Of course, that's only available to followers that demand 500 gold to follow you in the first place. So Jenassa, Marcurio, Belrand etc.

1 hour ago, Buridan said:

That's what I'm saying - like Sucker343 and others, the forced follower debug option (I'm assuming that's the checkbox in the Debug tab of the DFC MCM) doesn't work either, at least in certain setups with the SE port. This part isn't new information, I'm just chiming in as an additional data point.

What I haven't seen anyone else report is that the hireling dialogue option that adds 500 debt if you don't have enough gold to pay their starting fee seems to bypass whatever issue is causing the aforementioned problem. Of course, that's only available to followers that demand 500 gold to follow you in the first place. So Jenassa, Marcurio, Belrand etc.

I thought we were talking about the quest where you are forced into taking a follower after being bound by a guard.

That is what I mean by "forced follower quest".

The debug dialog option to add followers is in - my poor muddled mind - "the debug dialog" :) 

Sorry if that caused confusion.

I understood already that the debug dialog is not allowing some users (probably all SE users?) to add any followers.

I'm not 100% clear if this issue is SE only (in which case I can do nothing about it), or whether it's also showing up on LE.

Clarifying this is the first step to any resolution on LE.

3 hours ago, Baltasarr80 said:

Is it an Alternate start for Devious follower?

It's not a LAL start, it's a consequence of having low willpower.

e.g. if your willpower gets trashed by SLS/STA you may find you are forced into taking a follower.

I did start to code a LAL start sub-menu for DF at one point, but got sidetracked.

6 hours ago, Baltasarr80 said:

Submissive Lola also has an option to use these followers if you dont have enough money.

Unless you mean designating one as an auction buyer, I don't think you can.  Sub Lola requires the NPC to be a current follower (you'd have to have already hired the guy) before you can submit to him.

Edit:  Oh, right, one of MrEsturk's hidden gems.  I'd completely forgotten.

7 hours ago, Lupine00 said:

I thought we were talking about the quest where you are forced into taking a follower after being bound by a guard.

That is what I mean by "forced follower quest".

The debug dialog option to add followers is in - my poor muddled mind - "the debug dialog" :) 

Sorry if that caused confusion.

I understood already that the debug dialog is not allowing some users (probably all SE users?) to add any followers.

I'm not 100% clear if this issue is SE only (in which case I can do nothing about it), or whether it's also showing up on LE.

Clarifying this is the first step to any resolution on LE.

It has worked fine for me before, so at least it doesn't apply to all SE users.

6 hours ago, Baltasarr80 said:

if you have for example submissive Lola activated and less than 500 gold you can activate one of the Mercenaries Jenassa, Marcurio, Belrand etc.

In current DF you should be able to hire mercs and take on debt, regardless of whether SubLo is installed.

Mercenary handling is something that I fixed in my dev version for DF.

It was only a small problem, some dialog conditions and improper handling of dismissal that was leading to mercs being a bit sketchy on hire or dismiss.

If I ever get around to finishing that release up then you should be able to hire a mercenary and get the correct debt added on, and have to clear that debt before you can dismiss, and get the correct re-hire dialogs afterwards. It's working for me anyway...

For some reason DFC will not load into my game. I've attempted re-installing a different download and the previous version (2.12), moving it around significantly in my mod order, and disabling my bashed and merged patches. I don't think it's a mod conflict; Mod Organizer doesn't show any significant conflicts. So far as I can tell just playing, DFC is the only mod which is having this issue.

It's enabled in MO, but the MCM menu never registers and I can never initialize any followers with [Click Me]. The only thing which does load into the game from this mod is that my follower (currently Lydia) continuously says the line about her hoping that the PC doesn't cheat her like other adventurers. Also, oddly, I cannot dismiss followers, which I thought might be a remnant of DFC not letting followers be dismissable when unpaid. I don't have any follower enhancement mods installed.

Any help would be appreciated; DFC is one of my favorite mods and I'd like to experience it in a proper run-through of the game.

19 minutes ago, N3v3r3nding_N3wb said:

It's enabled in MO, but the MCM menu never registers and I can never initialize any followers with [Click Me]. The only thing which does load into the game from this mod is that my follower (currently Lydia) continuously says the line about her hoping that the PC doesn't cheat her like other adventurers. Also, oddly, I cannot dismiss followers, which I thought might be a remnant of DFC not letting followers be dismissable when unpaid. I don't have any follower enhancement mods installed.

Any help would be appreciated; DFC is one of my favorite mods and I'd like to experience it in a proper run-through of the game.

Dodgy dismissal is normal for 2.12 (sorry).

Lydia says the intro dialog but has no further dialogs?

At least some of DFC has run for you. The startup quest is running. Maybe the main quests and MCM are not running?

In some cases, MCM issues can be fixed by kicking the MCM. Jaxonz MCM kicker also does this.

If you don't get the DF dialogs after "I hope you don't try to cheat me..." then the main quest is not running, or the follower is refusing to add.

It's most likely that your problem comes from an incompatibility with a follower framework, but you didn't say anything about such frameworks.

Latest NFF might be a problem. Older NFFs worked OK. I'm using 251 myself. 276 is latest, so I haven't updated in a while - but have no incentive to do so.

Also, I install minimal NFF features. I don't advise going overboard with it as I've never tested that.

Other follower frameworks effectively never update, so shouldn't be the cause.

If you have any follower framework, DF needs to overwrite its files, and load after its ESP.

You didn't say if you're in LE or SE. SE could have problems; I know nothing about it.

Are you missing a requirement, such as SexLab, SLA or DD?

Are you trying to use DD5? Some seem to think it works ok, but I haven't tried it myself.

Other than follower frameworks, the main file clash you'd expect to see is with STA.

Latest STA should be allowed to overwrite DF.

You might want to look at file conflicts in MO just to see if there's anything odd.

To find an ESP level issue, open your entire LO in Tes5Edit. Look for any conflicts. It should be limited to DF overwriting some records in two vanilla follower quests, and maybe DF overwriting something in your follower framework. If something is overwriting DF, that would be ... strange.

14 hours ago, Lupine00 said:

Dodgy dismissal is normal for 2.12 (sorry).

Lydia says the intro dialog but has no further dialogs?

At least some of DFC has run for you. The startup quest is running. Maybe the main quests and MCM are not running?

In some cases, MCM issues can be fixed by kicking the MCM. Jaxonz MCM kicker also does this.

If you don't get the DF dialogs after "I hope you don't try to cheat me..." then the main quest is not running, or the follower is refusing to add.

It's most likely that your problem comes from an incompatibility with a follower framework, but you didn't say anything about such frameworks.

Latest NFF might be a problem. Older NFFs worked OK. I'm using 251 myself. 276 is latest, so I haven't updated in a while - but have no incentive to do so.

Also, I install minimal NFF features. I don't advise going overboard with it as I've never tested that.

Other follower frameworks effectively never update, so shouldn't be the cause.

If you have any follower framework, DF needs to overwrite its files, and load after its ESP.

You didn't say if you're in LE or SE. SE could have problems; I know nothing about it.

Are you missing a requirement, such as SexLab, SLA or DD?

Are you trying to use DD5? Some seem to think it works ok, but I haven't tried it myself.

Other than follower frameworks, the main file clash you'd expect to see is with STA.

Latest STA should be allowed to overwrite DF.

You might want to look at file conflicts in MO just to see if there's anything odd.

To find an ESP level issue, open your entire LO in Tes5Edit. Look for any conflicts. It should be limited to DF overwriting some records in two vanilla follower quests, and maybe DF overwriting something in your follower framework. If something is overwriting DF, that would be ... strange.

Lydia repeats the intro dialogue probably about once every minute or two.

I tried Jaxonz Kicker to no avail.

The only mod which might act as a follower framework I have installed is PAHE Lives On with PAH Home Sweet Home and PAH AYGAS. 

I believe that I have DD 4; whichever one it is, I've used it with DFC before and they were both completely functional.

I use Legendary Edition; sorry, I probably should've mentioned that.

There are no missing masters flagged in MO and I have all the required mods listed on the DFC page.

The ESP of Spank That Ass is loaded after DFC's in the load order and STA overwrites DFC's files.

All the conflicts from TESVEdit are attached. Based on my admittedly limited knowledge, the conflicts which I could see being a problem shouldn't affect the mod loading into the MCM or the main quest. None of the quests have any conflict.

TESVEditConflicts2.PNG

TESVEditConflicts1.PNG

TES5Edit_ErrorCheck.PNG

MOConflicts.PNG

Quests_TESVEdit.PNG

6 hours ago, N3v3r3nding_N3wb said:

The only mod which might act as a follower framework I have installed is PAHE Lives On with PAH Home Sweet Home and PAH AYGAS. 

I don't know anything about those interacting badly with DF. Unless they do something to vanilla followers there's probably no issue there.

I notice that your DF is at position 0x49. That seems a low number, or rather early in the LO, or the LO is rather small.

The dialog is firing repeatedly because the thing that would stop it firing is not happening.

That is to say, the follower is either not in the current follower faction, or the DF main quest stage has not advanced.

Try this in the console after the dialog has fired:

getstage _DFlow

It should say 10, but it probably does not.

But it sounds like scripts aren't running in your DF.

i.e. the MCM script is failing, the main DF script is failing, and the fragment to advance the quest is failing.

This would suggest one of three things:

1) Scripts aren't there. Somehow they weren't installed.

2) Scripts crash out due to unfilled properties - ESP didn't load properly on very first game start with the mod in place.

3) Scripts crash out due to a bug, like an attempt to reference a non-existent foreign ESP or script.

Check your MO right pane data tab view and confirm that the DF scripts are present in the scripts directory of your resultant file system.

You can check what files should be present in the scripts directory by checking against the scripts directory in the install .7z file.

Most likely they are either ALL present as expected, or none at all.

It won't be like one or two went missing.

Check your Papyrus log for messages relating to DF scripts failing or unfilled properties.

If DF is simply failing to load properly on game start, it could be due to another mod that is blowing up the load process.

Try starting a new game and check the log file again.

Remove almost every mod from your game, so you just have SLAL, FNIS, NiO, SLA* SexLab DD and DF.

Start a new game and see if the problem persists.

I dont know if this issue has been posted before, so i apologize in advance if it has been, But the follower dismissal is very buggy. I use MO2 with just devious followers continued and most of the mod work perfectly fine, except for dismissal.

This is what happend ot me yesterday: i worked off all my debt and removed all deals - basically everything that still attached the follower to me. When i clicked clear debt i used the one that allows me to dismiss him. but when i told him we should part ways and went away, he still followed me around and all the options in his dialog box were still present, like how much debt i owe him. When i then tried to dismiss him again, he asked me to clear his debt first- whcih was at 0 when i double checked. 

Out of desperation i used the debug menu in MCM to get rid og him- i used the repair follower and the rest options to do so - but it still didnt work- lasty i used a console command (set playerfollowercount to 0) to get rid of him but that didnt work either - so i just went to the tavern i picked him up at and put him on "wait here" until i can resolve that issue.

Thanks in advance for any help - and also: awesome mod really love it despite the buggs

3 hours ago, nimawi said:

I dont know if this issue has been posted before, so i apologize in advance if it has been, But the follower dismissal is very buggy. I use MO2 with just devious followers continued and most of the mod work perfectly fine, except for dismissal.

It's known, and you'll find it reported scrolling back every other page or so, including work arounds.

I fixed it not long after the release along with a few other things, but for ... reasons ... haven't released that version yet.

19 minutes ago, Lupine00 said:

It's known, and you'll find it reported scrolling back every other page or so, including work arounds.

I fixed it not long after the release along with a few other things, but for ... reasons ... haven't released that version yet.

ok, thanks, any idea when you will release it?

For users having problems with their DF not working at all...

I believe I've found an unintended dependency on SLSO that is being acquired through STA.

If your DF doesn't work at all, and you don't have STA and SLSO, then try installing STA and SLSO.

This may not be relevant to many people, but it's worth a try.

8 hours ago, Lupine00 said:

For users having problems with their DF not working at all...

I believe I've found an unintended dependency on SLSO that is being acquired through STA.

If your DF doesn't work at all, and you don't have STA and SLSO, then try installing STA and SLSO.

This may not be relevant to many people, but it's worth a try.

this might sound supremely stupid, but what does STA and SLSO stand for?

Hello, thanks for this super interesting and great mod :)

I'm currently having a problem getting followers to be recognized by DF (I don't get the click me dialogue option). It did work for one follower - a vanilla hireling, but noone else.

I have tested on other vanilla followers, other vanilla hirelings, custom npcs picked up by my follower framework like ones from 3dnpc, custom followers not picked up by follower framework like Sofia.

I am on SE.

I am using NFF.

I have both STA and SLSO. And DD5. (the mods I saw written something about here, which is why I mention it).

I do patching for every mod, so nothing is overwriting the plugin. Or at least the records are being forwarded (should not be the issue).

I tried the debug option, but it did not work. 

I have a huge modlist (over 1200  plugins) that is, except for minor issues, working smoothly.

The mod was installed before starting my playthrough.

Any suggestions on how to resolve this would be appreciated. Thanks :) 

7 hours ago, Charisma said:

Any suggestions on how to resolve this would be appreciated.

You're on SE, which seems to be a common thread with people who have a non-working DF.

I didn't convert to SE. I don't run SE, and I can't really support SE.

The best place to pursue that question is with the person who converted it, who may know things about SE incompatibility.

However...

Try:

sqv _DFlow

sqv _DFlowMCM

sqv _DFlowStarter

What does it say?

Enable the debug dialog to add followers in the MCM.

sqv _DFlowStarterDebug

What does it say?

Also:

• In Skyrim.ini ... ensure you have ...
    • [Papyrus]
      bEnableLogging=1
      bEnableTrace=1
      bLoadDebugInformation=1
  • Load a game.
  • Open the DF MCM.
  • Close it.
  • Quit out.
  • Zip the papyrus log.
  • Upload the zipped Papyrus log.

I think I see a problem with the debug add follower dialog though...

The test it does it too narrow.

To make it work, you need to specifically set the faction rank for the target follower to 1.

e.g.

Select the follower in console mode.

addfac 5C84D 1

I've fixed this in my dev version.