On 12/4/2020 at 4:21 PM, Sucker343 said:

Cannot find bone fist at riften stables.

He should be in Riften Stables.

On 12/4/2020 at 4:48 PM, tamai said:

I'll go ahead and give it a try ^^

On 12/4/2020 at 11:34 PM, PhilLL said:

Here's what I've got for that.

20 hours ago, Lupine00 said:

Simply: "I refuse."

Thank you.

7 hours ago, xyzxyz said:

Question to "The utmost heist"

There is the note in the storage room with the location of all the keys.

On 12/4/2020 at 2:48 PM, tamai said:

You were the last to talk to Sinding while he was in his cell. Then you left and he has miraculously disappeared. Did you help him escape?

- You were the last to talk to Sinding while he was in his cell. Then you left, and now he has miraculously disappeared. Did you help him escape?

There's technically nothing wrong with this sentence grammatically, but by adding a "," we grant the actor a brief pause as he shifts from explaining the situation to accusing the player of having set said situation in motion.

The purpose of the addition of "now" is to strengthen the implication that you are directly responsible for his absence. As it stands, this part of the dialogue "...while he was in his cell. Then you left and he has miraculously disappeared" doesn't clearly imply correlation between your visit and his escape. It's sort of like saying "He was there.. and he isn't" instead of "He was there.. and now he isn't."    

Or you do know, but you're not saying. Almost as if you were his accomplice... Do you have proof of your innocence?

Or you do know, but you're not telling. Almost as if you were his accomplice... Do you have proof of your innocence?

Tiny change. Generally you say something BUT you tell someone someting. "Say" is usually used without an indirect object while "Tell" is used with an indirect object (e.g. why don't you tell me the truth, tell me something, what they're not telling us...) Easy way to catch stuff like this is to try to add the recipient (e.g. "...but you're not saying me", instead of "...but you're not telling me.")

Please let me out, ive told you everything i know!

Please let me out, I've told you everything I know!

You probably know this already, I just pointed it out in case it's not caught before implementation.

I hear you, you seem lonely in this cell all alone. Putting a serial rapist in here should be decent company for you. You two will make such a sweet couple. there should be no greater test for you to admit the truth faster.

I hear you, you seem lonely in this cell all alone. Putting a serial rapist in here should be decent company for you. You two will make such a sweet couple. I assure you I'm not doing this to force a confession out of you.

Judging from the original sentence "And I have no ulterior motives for you to admit truth faster" I think the intent was to mockingly let the player know that his decision to put a rapist in your cell had absolutely nothing to do with your refusal to talk, which is why I think "I assure you I'm not doing this to force a confession out of you" would fit better than "There should be no greater test for you to admit the truth faster", as the guard no longer attempts to hide his intent at all in that version.

“I'm a malicious accomplice of..Si..N..D..” Come on! Whom? Say it!

What? Can’t hear behind all these sex sounds.

I'm a malicious accomplice of ..S..I..N..D" Come on! Whom? Say it!

What? Can't hear you over all these sex sounds.

Generally people have trouble hearing something over noise not behind noise, the "you" is added to make it clear that the guard can't hear you instead of not being able to hear at all.

Hope I don't come off as a prick. I think you did a good job with everything else and I'm not trying to be condescending, the only reason I explained my changes in detail was to make it clear that I didn't just alter the text for the fun of it. 

6 hours ago, firepunch1 said:

There's technically nothing wrong with this 

I had thought of some of those but left it the way it was because I figured that it being medieval fantasy setting they may say things in a manner that isn't 100% accurate but still correct, so I left it as is for instance:

hear you behind// hear you over.

you're not saying//you're not telling

That was my thinking anyway but I agree and made your corrections and reflected it in my post. Also dont worry you didn't come off condescending too me I appreciate you explaining everything ^^

9 hours ago, firepunch1 said:

I hear you, you seem lonely in this cell all alone. Putting a serial rapist in here should be decent company for you. You two will make such a sweet couple. there should be no greater test for you to admit the truth faster.

I hear you, you seem lonely in this cell all alone. Putting a serial rapist in here should be decent company for you. You two will make such a sweet couple. I assure you I'm not doing this to force a confession out of you.

Most of these things work better with less commas, less clauses, and shorter sentences:

I hear you. You seem lonely in this cell all by yourself. How about some company? A serial rapist maybe? I'm sure you'd make a sweet couple. It's not like I'm trying to force a confession out of you or anything.

Notice how it becomes more like actual dialog a person might speak and the reading complexity is reduced?

But after rewriting thousands and thousands of lines of Things in the Dark, I probably need to keep away from this whole topic. I won't say any more.

On 12/6/2020 at 8:45 AM, Lyman the Lunatic said:

The Stormcloaks were still in the barracks eventhough I choose an option saying the Imperials own the place now.

They will not disappear if they already exist on save. Try setstage AAAArtanoQuest 52.

20 hours ago, xyzxyz said:

The ZaZ furniture in "The utmost heist" house is just for decoration?

Yes.

10 hours ago, shishu95 said:

any chance that i can have the quest id of the oldest profession one?

AAATOHOldestProfession.

1.9.1: Fixes of Taming the Lioness; Catherine’s Whoring doesn't start too early; you can ask what to do next in the apologies to the Windhelm dock Argonians (Connecting Races).

7 hours ago, DSHV said:

They will not disappear if they already exist on save. Try setstage AAAArtanoQuest 52.

Yes.

AAATOHOldestProfession.

1.9.1: Fixes of Taming the Lioness; Catherine’s Whoring doesn't start too early; you can ask what to do next in the apologies to the Windhelm dock Argonians (Connecting Races).

You are by far my favorite mod author, keep up the good work. :D

I talked to the Dragonwhore in the Ragged Flagon.  I used the option that she should be stronger.  She said she would have to think about our experience for a while.  I came back a week later in game time, and she was gone.

I tried to use the console command to move her to my location in the Flagon, and nothing happened.  She did not appear.

is it part of the story that I encounter her later in a different quest line?

Or is she supposed to stay in the Flagon

13 hours ago, killer905 said:

In my opinion, this female gang should be walking around the house and they are standing like some mannequins.

Yes, this is what I originally planned, but due to some problem I added them do nothing package.

8 hours ago, tamai said:

can i ask will the "real dragonborn" ever fight after all his training

No. I tried to increase his one handed but it doesn't work.

5 hours ago, MicroWazzle said:

So after aerin tells me im ugly there isnt any sex scene minor issue.

You need to answer to this and then he will say what to do from by random.

2 hours ago, Xuvish said:

Or is she supposed to stay in the Flagon

She should disappear, but another NPC (but the same character) should appear in her place.

12 hours ago, DSHV said:

can i ask will the "real dragonborn" ever fight after all his training

aww >< because for me its not just about him getting stronger every fight he cowers in fear is that normal because if it is its great lol i just wish down the line he would be less fearful when hes trained.

I had an idea that further down the line you could have the greybeards transfer your words of power over to the "real dragonborn" somehow giving him unrelenting shout. While yours being removed.

14 hours ago, tamai said:

aww >< because for me its not just about him getting stronger every fight he cowers in fear is that normal because if it is its great lol i just wish down the line he would be less fearful when hes trained.

I had an idea that further down the line you could have the greybeards transfer your words of power over to the "real dragonborn" somehow giving him unrelenting shout. While yours being removed.

What the.... Thats genius :O

5 hours ago, MicroWazzle said:

What the.... Thats genius :O

If you could transfer powers to the "real" dragonborn, be it shouts, or combat ability, or whatever, it would no longer be funny, because he would actually be the real dragonborn. The entire point of the joke is that he's useless.

Rupta has shown me a new path, I have awakened to a new sexual appetite... ? I want him or another similar follower.

Options for spouses and followers. For example, adventurers and aristocrats approaching their followers. They are like alternatives to providing strength.

I want content that is easy to control, such as triggering an event from a dialog during the hassle or interval of an adventure.

3 hours ago, Lupine00 said:

If you could transfer powers to the "real" dragonborn, be it shouts, or combat ability, or whatever, it would no longer be funny, because he would actually be the real dragonborn. The entire point of the joke is that he's useless.

I mean its funny he cowers in fear but it makes sense the more you train him the stronger he gets and the less fearful he becomes.  Either way it wouldn't take away from the joke of him being useless in the beginning as he will still be the same until he receives training, At which point the joke grows stale anyway.

I just thought with the training thing was a way to make him stronger with your teachings that would lead him to becoming stronger and better. The dragonborn is someone who can absorb dragons souls I mean even draugr can learn shouts they're not the dragonborn and being gifted words of power is a thing as we saw with the greybeards. So you can gift him with the power losing it in turn.

3 hours ago, tamai said:

I just thought with the training thing was a way to make him stronger with your teachings that would lead him to becoming stronger and better. The dragonborn is someone who can absorb dragons souls I mean even draugr can learn shouts they're not the dragonborn and being gifted words of power is a thing as we saw with the greybeards. So you can gift him with the power losing it in turn.

Greybeards can teach shouts and gift knowledge of words without losing them. It's not a zero sum game apparently.

The only thing that makes the DB special is that the DB can learn things easily that others take years to master.

That's why the idiot real dragonborn can't learn any shouts. He's an idiot, and no matter if you punch the knowledge into him it will just fall out again.

If you could gift him your ability to "just learn things easily", then maybe he could learn, but he'd still have to learn, and it wouldn't mean you forget what you know (or maybe it does, but I think that's a story for a different quest).

But what would your char be like without that learning skill? Maybe you can't level any more?

Maybe your XP rate is reduced to 10% of normal ... haha ... mine is already reduced like that anyway.

The idea of the DB forgetting things could inspire quite a few quests in ToH.

Maybe you drink a potion that is so awful it destroys your memory of who you are?

Or a severe blow to the head from Bruiser causes memory loss, and you forget you're the DB?

I'm sure there is lots of fun to be had with memory loss, while leaving the PC's skills alone.

If you want your skills erased, there are mods that do that. There is one to punish defeats that way.

SLD will also take skills away temporarily, if you like.

2 hours ago, Lupine00 said:

Greybeards can teach shouts and gift knowledge of words without losing them. It's not a zero sum game apparently.

The only thing that makes the DB special is that the DB can learn things easily that others take years to master.

That's why the idiot real dragonborn can't learn any shouts. He's an idiot, and no matter if you punch the knowledge into him it will just fall out again.

If you could gift him your ability to "just learn things easily", then maybe he could learn, but he'd still have to learn, and it wouldn't mean you forget what you know (or maybe it does, but I think that's a story for a different quest).

My point was other people that arent the dragonborn can learn shouts which was your concern and everything else i figure people can suspend their disbelief.

2 hours ago, Lupine00 said:

I'm sure there is lots of fun to be had with memory loss, while leaving the PC's skills alone.

If you want your skills erased, there are mods that do that. There is one to punish defeats that way.

SLD will also take skills away temporarily, if you like.

I am not sure i would be able to figure SLD out lol it looks rather complex.. thanks though