9 hours ago, Maddac said:

Hi, seeing as your putting in such a huge effort updating the database and fixing errors, please find attached female lesbian action for your perusal that i have been using for a while now. feel free to use and modify as you see fit. in the attached file is FemaleActor_Female and FemaleActor_Female_Dom (which isn't in the original database) folders. let me know if they are too raunchy for you :)

I went through and couldn't find any errors but a couple may have been missed. pretty sure there isn't any incest in the attached folders, but would like to see you bring out the incest patch for those of us that are kinky that way. just because you don't like something isn't a reason to restrict it for those that do, after all this is loverslab where almost anything goes.

AproposLesbianAction.rar 233.27 kB · 3 downloads

Thanks, I'll go through this in the next week or so!

For the incest stuff, BEFORE I removed it I created patch files that are named the same as the original files but JUST include the incest strings.  There are 45 distinct files with those strings.  Originally I had thought that I could just manually import the strings back in when I create new versions of the database when prepping the +incest patch, but that's too many to do every single time.  So...I need to do one of a couple of things:

1.  Wait until I'm at a point where I'm happy with the database and then manually port them back in for the patch (we're actually getting close to this for the FemaleActor_Male stuff where most of it is).

2.  Write a script that'll do the work automatically.  That'll take a little time.  Actually now that I'm sitting here thinking about it, it's not the script that will take me any time; it's formatting the text files so that they can be easily manipulated that way.

Anyhow, I think maybe this upcoming weekend I'll start reading through each of the FemaleActor_Male files for a manual review of content (which I had planned for ALL of the files anyway before 1.0 release, whenever that is).  That'll get me ready to produce the +incest patch in a few weeks.

5 hours ago, Eadoo said:

Thanks, I'll go through this in the next week or so!

For the incest stuff, BEFORE I removed it I created patch files that are named the same as the original files but JUST include the incest strings.  There are 45 distinct files with those strings.  Originally I had thought that I could just manually import the strings back in when I create new versions of the database when prepping the +incest patch, but that's too many to do every single time.  So...I need to do one of a couple of things:

1.  Wait until I'm at a point where I'm happy with the database and then manually port them back in for the patch (we're actually getting close to this for the FemaleActor_Male stuff where most of it is).

2.  Write a script that'll do the work automatically.  That'll take a little time.  Actually now that I'm sitting here thinking about it, it's not the script that will take me any time; it's formatting the text files so that they can be easily manipulated that way.

Anyhow, I think maybe this upcoming weekend I'll start reading through each of the FemaleActor_Male files for a manual review of content (which I had planned for ALL of the files anyway before 1.0 release, whenever that is).  That'll get me ready to produce the +incest patch in a few weeks.

cool, hopefully what i gave you will save a lot of effort with the female-female lesbian stuff. really like the effort you are putting in. i started trying to correct little errors ages ago but got sidetracked with work.

On 9/30/2019 at 7:10 AM, BigOnes69 said:

On another note do you plan on animating that mouth on your tattoo. LOL. It keeps winking at me when I bring up the thread.

I wouldn't know how.  I'd love to make some animated tats, if such a thing is possible.  But I don't have nearly enough skill or knowledge to do something like that on my own.  But if you want the static tats, you know where to go. ^-^

• 2 weeks later...

Manual review of individual directories is underway.  I finished FemaleActor today.

A lot of the review leads to global changes (for instance, there are substantial changes to the {HUGE} synonym and its placement across the entire DB).  So...we're making progress.

Slow, painful progress.  :)

Manual? Can't you just grep -rl or anything?

Also, what's the licence there? Can I create my own DB? (My idea is to get rid of disgusting things like some animations do even if they're fairly mild and completely rework the "loving" ones to reflect what they really are)

6 hours ago, Dellecross said:

Manual? Can't you just grep -rl or anything?

I already did that for the simple cases.  I'm now on the less obvious cases.  For example, I've been focused on the {HUGE} synonym the last 24 hours.  The word "long" should be in there with huge/thick/massive, etc.  But the word long not only means size, it also means time and distance.  I can't just replace "long" everywhere with {HUGE} because there are cases like "Not long now..." that would come out as "Not massive now..." in play-through.

So, instead, I manually review files and find obvious sequences, like "long, pulsing" and do a global search and replace for "{HUGE}, pulsing".  And then, of course, I get side-tracked with a global search for "long" which I manually review to look for more interesting sequences for replace.

So...as I said, "a lot of the review leads to global changes".  However, it's not as simple as just doing a single search and replace.  Stupid homonyms!

That said...there's a substantial bug in DB update 0.3 that causes parsing errors in synonyms.txt!  I'm packaging 0.3.1 for upload in a few minutes.

6 hours ago, Dellecross said:

Also, what's the licence there? Can I create my own DB? (My idea is to get rid of disgusting things like some animations do even if they're fairly mild and completely rework the "loving" ones to reflect what they really are)

You know, I never got a definitive answer from Gooser on the original DB; I posted a couple of times in the main Apropos 2 thread but he hasn't really definitively shown either support or opposition to this project.  

That said, presuming that means he's OK with others modifying and publishing new versions of the DB, I am also happy letting others modify and publish mine.  Especially if you're better at it than I am; then I can go back to lurking.  Hahahahaha

On 9/29/2019 at 10:26 PM, Maddac said:

Hi, seeing as your putting in such a huge effort updating the database and fixing errors, please find attached female lesbian action for your perusal that i have been using for a while now. feel free to use and modify as you see fit. in the attached file is FemaleActor_Female and FemaleActor_Female_Dom (which isn't in the original database) folders. let me know if they are too raunchy for you :)

I went through and couldn't find any errors but a couple may have been missed. pretty sure there isn't any incest in the attached folders, but would like to see you bring out the incest patch for those of us that are kinky that way. just because you don't like something isn't a reason to restrict it for those that do, after all this is loverslab where almost anything goes.

AproposLesbianAction.rar 233.27 kB · 11 downloads

Ok...I'm going through this right now.  I'm seeing a new token...{SO_ADJ}.  Did you custom-define that in synonyms.txt, or is it coming from somewhere else?

4 hours ago, typoking1107 said:

Will you be adding compatibility for Male on Male animations and Creature on Male? 

I am not currently planning for that.  The only reason is that my playthroughs are all female, so even if I wrote it, I wouldn't be able to test it.

HOWEVER.

If someone ELSE wants to write it, I'll happily integrate their work.

OR.

Once I'm comfortable releasing version 1.0, I might get the urge to do it for completeness' sake.

I wonder though...would the Creature on Male be significantly different from the Creature on Female?  It may work just to copy all of that directly over (once I've done the manual review for the corresponding Creature on Female content).  Some of the Male on Male might correspond directly to the Male on Female stuff, too.

That work may go quickly (like an hour or two).

Damn you for adding new things to my list!  Hahahahahahha...I'm updating the "future work" section of the mod listing.

On 10/15/2019 at 12:47 PM, Eadoo said:

Ok...I'm going through this right now.  I'm seeing a new token...{SO_ADJ}.  Did you custom-define that in synonyms.txt, or is it coming from somewhere else?

its been that long since i played with Apropos, that i forget, it was done for the original apropos about 5 years ago, not apropos 2. I have gone through the synonyms and cannot find it now. just take it out, will have no negative affect  removing it and i havent seen it appear in apropos 2 whilst playing. i just copied and pasted it over from my old modified apropos with no negative affect. If i remember it was in a modified script, not in synonyms. there is also {SOR_ADJ} that can be removed. i will tidy it up and test in game, then send you updated copy if you want.

15 hours ago, Maddac said:

its been that long since i played with Apropos, that i forget, it was done for the original apropos about 5 years ago, not apropos 2. I have gone through the synonyms and cannot find it now. just take it out, will have no negative affect  removing it and i havent seen it appear in apropos 2 whilst playing. i just copied and pasted it over from my old modified apropos with no negative affect. If i remember it was in a modified script, not in synonyms. there is also {SOR_ADJ} that can be removed. i will tidy it up and test in game, then send you updated copy if you want.

Nah, it's easy enough for me to remove.  I appreciate it, though.  :)

On 10/14/2019 at 2:11 PM, Eadoo said:

You know, I never got a definitive answer from Gooser on the original DB; I posted a couple of times in the main Apropos 2 thread but he hasn't really definitively shown either support or opposition to this project.  

That said, presuming that means he's OK with others modifying and publishing new versions of the DB, I am also happy letting others modify and publish mine.  Especially if you're better at it than I am; then I can go back to lurking.  Hahahahaha

Not to speak for Gooser, but I'm 99% sure he's fine with people doing whatever they want with the database and sharing it.

There actually was a whole tread dedicated to people making and sharing their work here (https://www.loverslab.com/topic/28360-apropos-feature-request-and-descriptions-submission/) - there was some good stuff shared on that thread, and I think most of it made its way into the Apropos 2 database.

Thanks for your work on this, it is a lot of effort and helps round out some of the rough edges of the default Apropos 2 DB.

2 hours ago, Maddac said:

I like seeing the new version come out, you are doing a great job updating the database and simplifying the synonyms. if i wasnt so busy with work i would create some new stuff too, but happy to see my contribution has been added.

Yes...your contribution has helped immensely!  :)

I noticed that now I see multiple equivalent messages appear for a single stage. 
for example (not necessarily accurate, just for illustration)
"She began sucking vigorously on his dong".

then right after it. "She started vacuuming hard on his dingling"

1- Is this caused by this mod or is this in the original apropos?

2- Is this intended? I am convinced that only one of them should be displayed at a time.

7 hours ago, Amrovich said:

I noticed that now I see multiple equivalent messages appear for a single stage. 
for example (not necessarily accurate, just for illustration)
"She began sucking vigorously on his dong".

then right after it. "She started vacuuming hard on his dingling"

1- Is this caused by this mod or is this in the original apropos?

2- Is this intended? I am convinced that only one of them should be displayed at a time.

So, there are a couple of responses here:

1.  Is it possible that there's more than one animation occurring in the area?  That's the most likely explanation.

2.  The frequency with which messages pop up in Apropos 2 is actually controlled from the mod (configuration options in MCM).

That said, "vacuuming" is an excellent synonym to drop into the new {SUCKING} token!  STOLEN!

Curious why you didn't update and completely left out "Female_FemaleActor" in Apropos2 Text DB Update v0.4 when you have it in the previous versions up to Apropos2 Text DB Update v0.3.1 ????? Is there a reason for this should it be removed with this new update or what?

Btw i also get the multi lines 1 right after the other just like Amrovich describes and it's never multi animations at the same time going on in the back ground. It's immediately right after the first with a slight variation in wording like it's trying to correct itself or something, usually the first has a few sluttier words than the later but same exact phrase word for word but like cooch as opposed to vagina or something similar, and it's not the frequency of message popups you set to come up in the MCM either these are as well as those and pop up usually right after the first but it doesn't always happen.

18 hours ago, Eadoo said:

So, there are a couple of responses here:

1.  Is it possible that there's more than one animation occurring in the area?  That's the most likely explanation.

2.  The frequency with which messages pop up in Apropos 2 is actually controlled from the mod (configuration options in MCM).

That said, "vacuuming" is an excellent synonym to drop into the new {SUCKING} token!  STOLEN!

1- Nope only one.
2- Gotta check that frequency thingy :D
3- Steal all you want man. I am happy that my post has positive impact on the mod now :D .

4 hours ago, GoldMembr said:

Curious why you didn't update and completely left out "Female_FemaleActor" in Apropos2 Text DB Update v0.4 when you have it in the previous versions up to Apropos2 Text DB Update v0.3.1 ????? Is there a reason for this should it be removed with this new update or what?

It didn't actually seem to do anything or have any content, and the appropriate name (or, at least the one that comes up when I'm playing and watching the console to see what it's calling) is actually FemaleActor_Female during female on female animations.

HOWEVER.

I could be wrong, and you might know something I don't.  So...why do you ask?

21 hours ago, Eadoo said:

It didn't actually seem to do anything or have any content, and the appropriate name (or, at least the one that comes up when I'm playing and watching the console to see what it's calling) is actually FemaleActor_Female during female on female animations.

HOWEVER.

I could be wrong, and you might know something I don't.  So...why do you ask?

No I don't know anything you don't. I was just curious why you now decided to exclude it and came to the same conclusion you did about it seeming to having no purpose but was wondering if you knew something we didn't and if we should just leave it there or remove it from the database as you did that's all? On a different note can you add FemaleActor_Male foreplay soon for cunnilingus as that is non-existent currently aside from the 1 unique instance of FemaleActor_LetoCunnilingus and would be great if possible. Thx for the great database updates thus far.

On 10/31/2019 at 1:19 AM, GoldMembr said:

No I don't know anything you don't. I was just curious why you now decided to exclude it and came to the same conclusion you did about it seeming to having no purpose but was wondering if you knew something we didn't and if we should just leave it there or remove it from the database as you did that's all? On a different note can you add FemaleActor_Male foreplay soon for cunnilingus as that is non-existent currently aside from the 1 unique instance of FemaleActor_LetoCunnilingus and would be great if possible. Thx for the great database updates thus far.

Ah, OK, no reason for me to panic that I broke something then.  :)

You can feel free to leave the directory; it won't affect anything.  It won't *do* anything either (I *think*).  

As for FemaleActor_Male: do you know database file it's trying to call?  I can probably just steal content from the FemaleActor_LetoCunnilingus files to populate that.  If you don't know the file being called, no big deal, I'll just have to try to trigger it myself to find out.

17 hours ago, Eadoo said:

Ah, OK, no reason for me to panic that I broke something then.  :)

You can feel free to leave the directory; it won't affect anything.  It won't *do* anything either (I *think*).  

As for FemaleActor_Male: do you know database file it's trying to call?  I can probably just steal content from the FemaleActor_LetoCunnilingus files to populate that.  If you don't know the file being called, no big deal, I'll just have to try to trigger it myself to find out.

The only reason i can think of why there would be a Female_FemaleActor is for giving rather than receiving ie. the Female PC in the the dominant role but maybe wasn't implemented?

The original Leto Cunnilingus was looking for FemaleActor_male_Foreplay.txt and FemaleActor_male_Foreplay_Stage1.txt but fell back to FemaleActor_LetoCunnilingus_Stage1.txt. It has LeadIn and Foreplay tags. When i play Leto Cunnilingus 2 i don't see it searching for FemaleActor_male_Foreplay.txt it only has LeadIn tags no Foreplay so? You would probably be best to figure it out.

On another note i noticed lots of female on female animations are looking for FemaleActor_Female_Lesbian, even in an oral animation ie Anubus Lesbian Wall Cunnilingus, and so far u got around to orgasm and stage2 and a couple of the ones you have so far are missing stage1 but like you said more work for female on female is ongoing and much appreciated.

On 11/1/2019 at 4:29 PM, GoldMembr said:

The original Leto Cunnilingus was looking for FemaleActor_male_Foreplay.txt and FemaleActor_male_Foreplay_Stage1.txt but fell back to FemaleActor_LetoCunnilingus_Stage1.txt. It has LeadIn and Foreplay tags. When i play Leto Cunnilingus 2 i don't see it searching for FemaleActor_male_Foreplay.txt it only has LeadIn tags no Foreplay so? You would probably be best to figure it out.

On another note i noticed lots of female on female animations are looking for FemaleActor_Female_Lesbian, even in an oral animation ie Anubus Lesbian Wall Cunnilingus, and so far u got around to orgasm and stage2 and a couple of the ones you have so far are missing stage1 but like you said more work for female on female is ongoing and much appreciated.

Thanks for the amplifying detail.

We're probably talking about Animation Patchups here (see AnimationPatchups.txt in the default DB) to make sure the appropriate tags are on all of the animations involved.  I'll probably get around to that eventually, but there's honestly so much work left with just the text that it'll be a while.
The FemaleActor_Female stuff originally came from Maddac, so you can thank him for it being there at all.  I'm currently manually reviewing that content and working alphabetically (I'm at Female_Actor_Female_Anal_Stage1.txt now) to tokenize his content and convert his 1st person contributions over to 2nd person.  

Trivia: if you look you'll see a single Female_FemaleActor_Oral.txt file in FemaleActor_Female.  That's from my own attempts to populate the database before there was any content at all and I'm saving it in case I need it to help populate files in the new location.

Anyhow, thanks for your patience.  Gooser was right; it's slow-going work.