5 hours ago, Aki K said:

I don't see a circled directory in your pictures.  Which image is that?  Also, I noticed you have SE on one of your mods.  Is this an SE only mod?  If so, then I know why it isn't working.

Sorry about that. I must have deleted trying to get the 'spoiler' to work.

Here is the missing image

Apropos2 is for Oldrim/Legendary. I use it with SSE. Works fine with a script adjustment.

The install for Skyrim and SSE should be the same though.

Apropos2 MO2 install dialogue.png

39 minutes ago, General Neondaze said:

Apropos2 is for Oldrim/Legendary. I use it with SSE. Works fine with a script adjustment.

Weird.  I tried that directory and it didn't work.  Something must be screwed up somewhere in my setup...

On 9/17/2019 at 4:15 PM, General Neondaze said:

I'm using MO2 and when I try to install I try to set data directory on the data folder but it doesn't set and keeps giving the no game data on top level that your image shows and can't insall this in LE.

On 9/17/2019 at 6:26 AM, General Neondaze said:

Sorry about the spoiler mess above.

I have noticed a couple of times while playing that in some text I see {COCK}. I assume the synonym is not picking up its alternatives.

Yeah, I've been seeing that in my play-throughs as well, and it's always this specific synonym.

There's some discussion over on the main Apropos 2 mod thread that once the synonym replacement count gets up above 1500, strange things start happening.  I'm not sure if I'm up that high yet, but there's a lot of replication in the DB (for the same generic animation series, stage 2 strings might be repeated in stage 4, while stage 3 strings might be repeated in stage 5, for instance).  I'm thinking about paring those down and making the stages truly unique to try to get the DB smaller (and thereby reduce the synonym replacement count).

15 hours ago, ercramer69 said:

I'm using MO2 and when I try to install I try to set data directory on the data folder but it doesn't set and keeps giving the no game data on top level that your image shows and can't insall this in LE.

The message will still appear after setting the new directory. The reason being is that the MO2 is not recognizing the folder Apropos as a valid folder. Click OK and you should be good to go.

The alternative is to drop the new db folder into the Apropos mod via explorer, thus actually replacing the existing db.

11 hours ago, eillum said:

Yeah, I've been seeing that in my play-throughs as well, and it's always this specific synonym.

There's some discussion over on the main Apropos 2 mod thread that once the synonym replacement count gets up above 1500, strange things start happening.  I'm not sure if I'm up that high yet, but there's a lot of replication in the DB (for the same generic animation series, stage 2 strings might be repeated in stage 4, while stage 3 strings might be repeated in stage 5, for instance).  I'm thinking about paring those down and making the stages truly unique to try to get the DB smaller (and thereby reduce the synonym replacement count).

I noticed a couple of incomplete sentences last night, but in the 'heat' of the moment I didn't record what the were. ?

I have to say that the db is working really well, I see hardly any weird looking statements now. ?

I haven't looked at the db, but can you clarify the 1500 limit? Is that cached replacements as thew game is played, or are the actually over 1500 replacement synonyms?

I have worked with databases and years ago created a small Haiku writing program based around synonyms and replacements. If I remember it was also structured for adverbs. If you don't mind I might take a look at your db to see if I can come up with any suggestions. Does the mod create new sentences for each trigger and insert and forget?

6 hours ago, General Neondaze said:

I noticed a couple of incomplete sentences last night, but in the 'heat' of the moment I didn't record what the were. ?

I have to say that the db is working really well, I see hardly any weird looking statements now. ?

I haven't looked at the db, but can you clarify the 1500 limit? Is that cached replacements as thew game is played, or are the actually over 1500 replacement synonyms?

I have worked with databases and years ago created a small Haiku writing program based around synonyms and replacements. If I remember it was also structured for adverbs. If you don't mind I might take a look at your db to see if I can come up with any suggestions. Does the mod create new sentences for each trigger and insert and forget?

By all means; I'll happily accept others' work.

To illustrate what I'm talking about, here's a sample entry from the DB, in FemaleActor_Male/FemaleActor_Male_Handjob.txt:

"On my knees in front of {ACTIVE}, I smile up at him as I take his {HUGE} {COCK} in my hand.",

Based on what was said in the other thread, there are 3 synonym placements here, leaving 1497 to make in the rest of the database.  The actual number of synonym definitions isn't large; I removed one and added two so far (and don't have plans now to add more).  BUT...this 1500 limit seems to primarily affect LE; I think you play SE?

Anyway, it was hinted that the limits are largely due to the number of strings residing in memory and the scripts not being able to manipulate them quickly enough.

Regardless; there's a LOT of replication inside of the database, and that doesn't particularly help diversity since the same string might pop out twice during a sequence.  A quick fix should be to take those phases and split the phrases they're sharing in half (half for one, half for the other) so the total number of strings to manipulate goes down considerably.

Some of these phases have 20 or more strings anyway, so that approach should work nicely.

On 9/17/2019 at 6:26 AM, General Neondaze said:

Sorry about the spoiler mess above.

I have noticed a couple of times while playing that in some text I see {COCK}. I assume the synonym is not picking up its alternatives.

So, this morning as I was packing the DB up (busy week for me so only minor changes), I decided to look into the the COCK synonym and found that my first version of the DB had "dick" replaced with literally "{COCK}" in the synonym definitions.  The synonym substitution was working, I just had a bad find and replace early on.

So...uh...oops.  :)

It's fixed in 0.2.1 now.  Thanks for reporting it.  

Minor grammer bug. I have encountered different phases that start with "______ parts her lips" . The issue is whatever phase this starts, there is no space between lips and the next word. Will show like ...parts her lipsaround..... I will try to capture a screen shot of it, but it hard to with only a second before the next line. I have seen this occur in two different phrases where lips is joined. I don't think this is related to the work your doing but you would know better than I. Just a spacing issue. This is prior to today's update. Thank You for your hard work on this. It has definetly improved things. Loading new update. Thanks again.

7 hours ago, Stryker1177 said:

Minor grammer bug. I have encountered different phases that start with "______ parts her lips" . The issue is whatever phase this starts, there is no space between lips and the next word. Will show like ...parts her lipsaround..... I will try to capture a screen shot of it, but it hard to with only a second before the next line. I have seen this occur in two different phrases where lips is joined. I don't think this is related to the work your doing but you would know better than I. Just a spacing issue. This is prior to today's update. Thank You for your hard work on this. It has definetly improved things. Loading new update. Thanks again.

Thanks.  Are you playing a male character?  I see something in MaleActor_Female_Oral that looks similar.  I'll fix it for the next version.

"{PRIMARY} parts her lips{ACCEPTING}ly for my {COCK}.",

2 hours ago, General Neondaze said:

Quick question.

Why are there repetitions of words under some of the synonyms?

E.G. {CUM} there are 5 "cum''

It has to do with the likelihood of any particular entry being selected for that synonym.  If cum is there x5 it's 5x more likely to be selected than one that is only there once. 

That comes directly from the main Apropos database and I haven't adjusted it in my own version.

3 hours ago, Eadoo said:

Thanks.  Are you playing a male character?  I see something in MaleActor_Female_Oral that looks similar.  I'll fix it for the next version.

"{PRIMARY} parts her lips{ACCEPTING}ly for my {COCK}.",

My PC is a Futa character, but is usually set as Male in Sexlab via SLEgarNPC's.

11 hours ago, Eadoo said:

It has to do with the likelihood of any particular entry being selected for that synonym.  If cum is there x5 it's 5x more likely to be selected than one that is only there once. 

That comes directly from the main Apropos database and I haven't adjusted it in my own version.

That's confusing. Surely the point of a synonym is it is directly replaced. Why should the likelihood of its appearance affect how many times the replacement has to appear in the list?

1 hour ago, General Neondaze said:

That's confusing. Surely the point of a synonym is it is directly replaced. Why should the likelihood of its appearance affect how many times the replacement has to appear in the list?

It's a relatively simple way to accomplish a needed functionality.  You could, alternatively, assign a weighting, I guess, which would look more like this:

"{CUM}": [
        "cum",5,
        "nectar",1,
        "spurt",1,
        "splort",1,
        "sperm",1,
        "semen",1,
        "jizz",1,
        "jism",1,
        "spunk",1,
        "seed",1,
        "stuff",1
    ],

I can't account for why Gooser (or, perhaps, the original author of SL Description or SL Apropos) decided to weight by loading the synonym tables up other than it seems to work fine.  And, given a choice between it working fine versus the mod not existing at all, I'll choose working fine.  :)

2 hours ago, Eadoo said:

I can't account for why Gooser (or, perhaps, the original author of SL Description or SL Apropos) decided to weight by loading the synonym tables up other than it seems to work fine.  And, given a choice between it working fine versus the mod not existing at all, I'll choose working fine.  :)

OK. I'll play around with that then. Another thing I noticed is that the substitution lists are not in alphabetical order. Is that also due to weighting or am I just being a bit OCD? ?

Also, under {PENIS} there is a duplication of {COCK} which I replaced with "dick", and under {BALLS} there is a duplication {BALLS}. I replaced with "sack". ?

9 hours ago, General Neondaze said:

OK. I'll play around with that then. Another thing I noticed is that the substitution lists are not in alphabetical order. Is that also due to weighting or am I just being a bit OCD? ?

Also, under {PENIS} there is a duplication of {COCK} which I replaced with "dick", and under {BALLS} there is a duplication {BALLS}. I replaced with "sack". ?

Ah, more find and replace errors.  Thankfully I'm done with the global find and replace already.  Thanks for pointing them out.

PENIS is probably redundant with COCK.  I'll take a look at replacing that for the next version.

8 hours ago, Eadoo said:

Ah, more find and replace errors.  Thankfully I'm done with the global find and replace already.  Thanks for pointing them out.

PENIS is probably redundant with COCK.  I'll take a look at replacing that for the next version.

When you say global, I assume you mean the synonyms text.?

Of the main text files which ones have you checked? Yesterday while taking a quick look through a couple of those I noticed some synonymy replaces that were not on the synonym list. They are probably redundant or just need updating with a replacement. 

14 hours ago, General Neondaze said:

When you say global, I assume you mean the synonyms text.?

Of the main text files which ones have you checked? Yesterday while taking a quick look through a couple of those I noticed some synonymy replaces that were not on the synonym list. They are probably redundant or just need updating with a replacement. 

As far as "global" goes, I started off by initially using a program to search every file in the DB for certain words or terms and replace that with a synonym token.  Before I replaced anything, I manually reviewed all of the hits, but it took a few hours, and my manual review turned into a review of a sample as I got tired.  :)

Anyway, global find and replace refers to this first phase of my project, where I utilized a program to search through all of the files and replace text in all of them in bulk.

Not all of the replacement tokens are synonyms.  Some are word translations of decimal values.  Take a look at Arousal_Descriptions.txt and WearAndTear_Descriptions.txt for those.

23 hours ago, Amrovich said:

Oh :D Blue colors in description I must download :D Haha. Thanks for sharing, would love to see the lesbian addition in the future. 

I actually started brainstorming and taking notes yesterday for this!  It'll probably happen over a series of updates, because it looks like I need to instruct Apropos2 to patch the tags associated with some of the animations (I found a case where the primary tag was CUNNILINGUS, for example, when it should be ORAL).

...but the good news is that in the next week or two I intend to start porting over the Female/Male actor descriptions into the Female/Female actor area where appropriate, and that'll hopefully start covering things you see in game.

Hi, seeing as your putting in such a huge effort updating the database and fixing errors, please find attached female lesbian action for your perusal that i have been using for a while now. feel free to use and modify as you see fit. in the attached file is FemaleActor_Female and FemaleActor_Female_Dom (which isn't in the original database) folders. let me know if they are too raunchy for you :)

I went through and couldn't find any errors but a couple may have been missed. pretty sure there isn't any incest in the attached folders, but would like to see you bring out the incest patch for those of us that are kinky that way. just because you don't like something isn't a reason to restrict it for those that do, after all this is loverslab where almost anything goes.

AproposLesbianAction.rar