SexLab Anamation Tag List/Debate

i made a list of currently used animation tags and my thoughts (and those of others) about them, i want them to become more standardized between SLAL Packs so the right animations will get loaded when a mod calls on them.

note1: i don't know what most mods are specificity looking for when they search the tags, also i have most likely missed many.
note2: my opinions are open to heavy scrutiny, because they are likely to be wrong here.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

SEXLAB FUNCTION RELATED TAGS (provided by osmelmc) :

Aggressive

osmelmc --- Indicate the animation is of type Aggressive/Vilent, used to calculate de pain level of the actor expression, taked on consideration for the actor skills but a victim need to be defined too to be recorded.

LeadIn

osmelmc --- Indicate the animation is of type Lead-In/Foreplay. Those animations don't have penetration except maybe Oral (SexLab don't recognize the "Foreplay" Tag just "LeadIn")

Sex

osmelmc --- Indicate the animation is sexual type.

MMG --- i still say it's a pointless tag

Anal

osmelmc --- Indicate the animation is sexual type, with Anal penetration of any type, is recorded on the actor skills when the animation End

Vaginal

osmelmc --- Indicate the animation is sexual type, with Vaginal penetration of any type, is recorded on the actor skills when the animation End. Also means at less one female actor is involved in the animation.

Oral

osmelmc --- Indicate the animation is sexual type, using the mouth except for Kissing, is recorder on the actor skills when the animation End

Dirty

osmelmc --- Indicate the animation is of type Lewd, is recorder on the actor skills when the animation End. Can be used to filter the animations based on the current sex skills of the actors involved on the animation and probably was the idea.

Loving

osmelmc --- Indicate the animation is of type Pure, is recorder on the actor skills when the animation End. Can be used to filter the animations based on the current relationship of the actors involved on the animation.

Pussy

osmelmc --- Indicate the animation make use of the female genitals usually without penetration, is recorded on the actor skills like Vaginal when the animation End. Also means at less one female actor is involved in the animation.

Breast

osmelmc --- Indicate the animation make use of the Breast. Also means at less one female actor is involved in the animation.

BedOnly

osmelmc --- Indicate the animation can only be used on Beds not including Bedrolls.

Standing

osmelmc --- Indicate the animation include Standing Position, Those animations can be excluded from Beds using the SexLab MCM Option.

Furniture

osmelmc --- Indicate the animation include some Furniture except Beds, Those animations are completely excluded from Beds use.

No matter if the furniture is AnimObject or invisibly based. The furniture tag is exclude on bed Animations but recently Ashal include one tag for that specific use "NoBed" I think (is just on the GifHub for now)

ADDITIONAL SEXLAB UTILITY PLUS FUNCTION RELATED TAGS (provided by osmelmc) :

Spoiler

Cunnilingus

Indicate the animation make use of the mouth on the female genitals. Also means at less one female actor is involved in the animation.

Futa

Means at less one Futa actor (with penis and Vagina) is involved in the animation. if the futa actor don't have both genitals shuld be considered Male or Female to aviod issues. The tag together with the "sexlab gender faction" of the actor allow sort the actors and place the futa actor on the rigth position.

DoggyStyle

Missionary

Laying

Standing

Cowgirl

To play a matching idle on the animation End when use the RagDoll option. (Still working on it)

AlchemyWorkbench

BlacksmithWorkbench

Coffin

EnchantingWorkbench

Pillory

Pole

Rack

RPost1

RPost2

RPost3

RPost4

RPost5

RPost6

ShackleWall

Stockade

Table

TiltedWheel

Wall

WoodenHorse

XCross

For animations with matching furniture types and few others with similar structure. Also need the tag "Furniture" to be valid

Chair

For animations with furnitures type Chair without arms at the sides. Also need the tag "Furniture" to be valid

Throne

For animations with furnitures type Throne or Chair with arms at the sides. Also need the tag "Furniture" to be valid

Bench

For animations with furnitures type Bench; include those Benches on tables but not the table. Also need the tag "Furniture" to be valid

Vampire

Means at less one Vampire actor need to be involved in the animation, usualy feeding.

Mage

Means at less one Mage actor need to be involved in the animation.(Check for the magic factions)

Alchemy

Means at less one Alchemyst actor need to be involved in the animation.(Check for the Alchemy factions)

Bound

Wrists

Involve Devious Device and ZaZ Boundage Keywords

Armbinder

Involve Devious Device and ZaZ Armbinder Keywords

Yoke

Involve Devious Device and ZaZ Yoke Keywords except DeviousYokeBB

BBYoke

Involve Devious Device DeviousYokeBB Keyword

Boobjob

Excluded in case of actors with Devious Device or ZaZ PreventBreast Keywords, same apply for the "Breast" tag

Blowjob

Excluded in case of actors with Devious Device or ZaZ PreventOral Keywords, same apply for the "Oral" tag

Vaginal

Anal

Also excluded in case of actors with Devious Device or ZaZ PreventAnal or PreventOral Keywords. In those cases is useful when Animations have the "Pussy" or "Anus" tags like with the rubbing Animations because that way don't break the immersion if the mod was searching for those tags too.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

COMMONLY USED TAGS:

MMG --- it can be annoying when "Blowjob" gets used instead of "69" for 69 animations.

Aircum

Seijin8 --- visible cum shot (used by Cumshot mod).  Normally in cumshot if the animation is tagged as vaginal/anal/etc, there will be no visible cumshot, but this tag overrides that behavior.

Autofellatio

MMG --- i wonder if it should be replaced with "SelfSuck"? it's easier to spell and more self-explanatory)

Bestiality

Blowjob

MMG --- seriously, don't use this on it's own in 69 animations...also we have a "Oral" tag to consider.

Bondage

osmelmc --- Not sure if anyone use it on filters. ZaZ check for the "Bound" and "Wrists" Tag's (me too in the Utility Plus), DD don't check for tags so "Bound" is recommended.

Bound

MMG --- don't know how this would be different from "Bondage"

Seijin8 --- bound to me says hands or wrists bound while bondage is potentially more involved

Boobjob

Breastfeeding

Cowgirl

Creature

MMG --- a bit overused, i say Bestiality animations should use the Bestiality tag, because what the hell else would creature on creature be tagged as?

Cunnilingus

Docking

DoggyStyle

DoublePen

Eggs

MMG --- i assume someone is getting filled with them

Seijin8 --- yup, but not necessarily keeping them in

Fisting

Footjob

Forced

MMG --- sort of pointless, just use "Aggressive"

Futa

Gangbang

Billyy --- I decided to use "gangbang" for 1 female and 3+ males, and "Orgy" for 1+ male and 2+ females.

Gay

HandJob

Holding

Hugging

Kissing

Seijin8 --- important for filtering out beast races from animations if heads clipping into each other isn't your thing

Kneeling

Lesbian

Masturbation

Missionary

Orgy

Billyy --- I decided to use ‘gangbang’ for 1 female and 3+ males, and ‘Orgy’ for 1+ male and 2+ females.

Oviposition

MMG --- used in Insect animations

Seijin8 --- I use this to indicate that the eggs are staying inside

Billyy --- I use this in animations where you can see eggs coming out of female’s holes implying she was bred. So not just something to slap onto any chaurus/spider animation.

RimJob

Rough

Sideways

Sitting

Solo

Sounding

Spitroast

Straight

Tentacles

Threesome

CreatureSolo

LivingSexToy
Vore

OralVore

AnalVore

UnBirth

MMG --- used in HCOS for SLDragons to start animations with dialogue based scripts.

FURNITURE/OBJECT TAGS (i'm sure i missed some here) :

BoneTable
Bottle
Cage
Chair
Coffin
Dildo
Dildostick
FuckMachine
FuroTub

Mimic
Mushroom
Onahole
Pillory
Rock
RuinsTable
Shack
Staff
Stockade
Sweetroll
Table
TiltedWheel
WoodenPony
WorkBench
XCross

XCrossReverse

MMG --- don't know why we would need a separate tag for that one

InvisFurn

used in billyy's invisable furniture animations (animations that are made to be used with prexisting furniture in the game world)

MagicF

MagicM

Seijin8 --- indicates someone in the animation is a wizard.

Billyy --- Use for animations where I have magic effects. I feel it’s situational, but quite useful for wizards and whatnot.

QUESTIONABLE USEFULNESS TAGS:

AggressiveDefault

Seijin8 --- one marks the animation as aggressive (pretty much rape/forced), the other tells Sexlab to automatically add it to the aggressive animations list.)

osmelmc --- Is not to be treated as Aggressive. Is really used to know the Animations with "Aggressive" Tag defined by the Author. Was needed because some Mods like "Aroused Creatures" and "SLATE" allow add or remove the "Aggressive" Tag making difficult know if was originally tagged as Aggressive or Not.

Alchemy

osmelmc --- Any Animation with potions, alchemy ingredients, Alchemy Workbench; should be tagged as "Alchemy"

AnimObject

osmelmc --- Is for indicate that the Animation use some AnimObject (not Furniture) and can be useful to know if you need some file in case the Animation have the tag and not show any object.

Beds

MMG --- i assume this tag is/was for bed compatible animations.

osmelmc ---This one is mostly cosmetic because have not real use and should be avoided instead the "BedOnly" Tag together when required with "DoubleBed" or "SingleBed".  The Double and Single Beds Tag's just in case when the Animation required for example: 

1. If the amount of Actos is bigger than 2 you probably can't use a single bed.

2. If some of the actors is outside of the bed and the other inside of the bed and both interacting. In this case if the Animation was made with one bed type in main when you run the same Animation over the other bed type you will get the actors misalignment, of course you can try to align it but them will be misaligned for the original bed.

*** of course for I know nobody is detecting those two tags, not even l. At less for now.

Behind

Seijin8 --- More expansive than doggy/doggystyle, still indicates relative position.

Billyy --- Not sure if anyone else uses that, but I almost have a specific position I refer to this as, which is when female is still standing on her feet, but is bent over with her hands on the ground and ass in air. So similar to doggy, but technically not really doggy.)

Conquering

MMG --- just use Aggressive

AnalCreampie, ChestCum, CumInMouth, CumOnBody, Creampie, HandCum, Facial

Seijin8 --- may be used to tell a mod to add extra layers or visible cum there.

osmelmc --- Are mostly cosmetic and some of them should be avoided. For that already exists an internal stage tag to indicate the moment and type of Cum. Of course SexLab just take in consideration the "Vaginal, Anal, Oral" and sure need to be improved to also allow the "Back, Hand, Face, Chest, Foot" but that's another story. The point is the Animation tags are not the best way for that.

Cuffs

MMG --- isn't that just Bondage?

Seijin8 --- just being specific, I guess.

Daedra

MMG --- it's a bit vague, it would be better to just use the race's name

Defeated

MMG --- just use Aggressive

Drinking

Drunk

Facial

Seijin8 --- I am using this tag in a mod I'm developing to add layered cum from oral animations if it is present.

Facing

MMG --- Facing what? the wall?

Seijin8 --- opposite of behind.

Faint

MMG --- a bit vague, maybe just "Aggressive" but could depend on context, eg: they passout after hard sex.

Femdom

MMG --- maybe useful for pegging animations?...also why is Pegging not a tag? / Seijin8 --- Pegging is (I think) assumed.)

osmelmc ---  Is for the Aggressive Animations with the Aggressor/Victim role inverted the expected is the first female in the victim role so this Tag should inform that the First Female position is considered the Aggressor. Not many Mods make good use of this tag but have many possibilities. I thinking on add the tag to my filters.

FemWerewolf (used in MNC to identify animations where the Werewolf is on the receiving end)

Fingering

Fondling

Groping

MMG --- whats the difference between this and Groping?

Foreplay

osmelmc --- This Tag is not recognized by SexLab and tends to cause confusion, the tag used by SexLab is "LeadIn". Just be sure to not have penetration.

Frozen

Billyy --- Pretty overly-specific, I used it to identify my frost atronach and ice wraith animations where female is frozen inside ice, but that ended up being all of mine)

MMG --- maybe just use Bondage

Group (

MMG --- maybe use Gangbang or Orgy?

Harassing

MMG --- why not Aggressive?

Interspecies

MMG --- for mixed race creature on creature animations...that mostly only exist in HCOS.

Knotted

MMG --- seems redundant, if your getting fuck by a werewolf i'm sure it's already assumed that your getting the knot.

Laying

Lying

( http://www.differencebetween.net/language/difference-between-lying-and-laying/ )

Mage

osmelmc --- Any Animation with magic dildos, levitating actors or objects, spells of any type, Enchanting Workbench; should be tagged as "Mage". 

OnBack

Petting

SmallDragon

MMG --- for the 20% sized dragon animations...that only exist in HCOS)

Sexdoll

MMG --- is someone fucking the mannequins?

SexyPosing

MMG --- i could see it getting used but rarely, SexLab is not a posing mod

Trapped

"Pussy", "Anus", "Mouth"

osmelmc --- This one is useful in case of ZaZ or Devious Device been used with the Pussy/Anus/Mouth restrictions.

MOSTLY WORTHLESS TAGS (as far as i know):

a1
a2
MMG --- used in my creature on creature animation tags to give the user a visual representation of what actors to hit with matchmaker first, hopefully i won't need them for much longer

Analinggus

MMG --- isn't that just another word for Rimjob? just use "Rimjob"

3way

MMG --- should be "Threesome", wrongfully used in HCOS....i need to fix that

Breeding

MMG --- ...yes that's what sex is.

Seijin8 --- specifically "cum inside", let nothing drip out, position of breeder is usually hips tilted to let gravity help out.

CCCCF
CCCF
CCF
CF

MMG --- seen mostly in billyy's Creature animation tags to give the user a visual representation of what actors you need for it, c = Creature, f = female human, (personally i think the "f" should have been at the front, because human actors are "Actor1")

DeviousDevice

MMG --- it seems useless to me

Doggy

MMG --- use "DoggyStyle"

DP

MMG --- use Threesome or DoublePen, not this.

FrenchGirl

MMG --- a joke tag used in HCOS for one animation, so 100% worthless.

Knot
Knotting

MMG --- i guess you should use Knotted, it's the more commonly used one.

MovingDick

MMG --- a ABC tag that's not relevant to loading animations

Billyy --- I can’t recall why I added this. I saw other packs with it so I did. I think someone has pointed out some animations I made didn’t have it though, so maybe people used it to find new ABC animations.

osmelmc --- Is for ABC Animations mostly and like the AnimObject tag is useful to know if you need some file because the Animation have the tag but don't show any special penis Animation.

Penis

MMG --- and? most animations have them, so why tag it?

osmelmc --- Means at less on male actor is involved in the Animation. But in this case is probably better just use the corresponding Genders Tags and the "Straight, Gay, Lesbian" Tags

Rape

MMG --- sexlab sort of uses the "Aggressive" tag as a "Rape" identifier

DomSub

MaleDom

Billyy --- I included these tags in my bondage animations in hope that DD filter would pick them up as it’s one of the tags they use afaik. No idea if it works.

osmelmc --- Useless from my point of view.

LACKING TAGS:
there are no real tags* to identify who is on the receiving end in creature animations, Eg: "Billyy (Werewolf) Doggy 2" and "MNC (Female Werewolf) Doggystyle" are both "Vaginal" animations, but the one getting fucked is not the same.

*MNC has a "FemWerewolf" tag that sort of works in this case, but that won't help for other creature animations, we would need to add "Fem_creature_name_here__" to every submissive creature animation unless a better tag idea is found.

"Impregnation" is not a tag yet.

maybe have "Pegging" for strap on animations?

something to identify Unisex compatible animation positions/slots.

alternatives for the "CCCF" tags that keep showing up (but they are still mostly worthless) :

Spoiler

C

F

M

FC

FF

FM

MM

MC

CC

FCC

FFC

FFF

FMC

FMM

MMM

MMC

MCC

CCC

FCCC

FFCC

FFFC

FFFF

FFMC

FMMC

FMMM

MMMM

MMMC

MMCC

MCCC

CCCC

FCCCC

FFCCC

FFFCC

FFFFC

FFFFF

FFFMC

FFMMC

FMMMC

FMMMM

MMMMM

MMMMC

MMMCC

MMCCC

MCCCC

CCCCC

21 minutes ago, MadMansGun said:

Eggs (i assume someone is getting filled with them)
Oviposition (not sure if actually needed, but it does suggests impregnation....also impregnation is not a tag...yet)

I don't think both need to be tags, but I do think one does.

I'm also not sure "impregnation" needs to be a tag. While Oviposition makes sense, as it's the act of inserting eggs inside a host body, impregnation and vaginal animations are really not going to be any different from an animation standpoint, so unless there were a mod that specifically looked for the "impregnation" tag to determine whether or not the female receiver got preggers, it wouldn't add anything to animation filtering/tagging.

11 minutes ago, Yverthel said:

I'm also not sure "impregnation" needs to be a tag. While Oviposition makes sense, as it's the act of inserting eggs inside a host body, impregnation and vaginal animations are really not going to be any different from an animation standpoint, so unless there were a mod that specifically looked for the "impregnation" tag to determine whether or not the female receiver got preggers, it wouldn't add anything to animation filtering/tagging.

billyy's animations + Chaurus Life sort of complicates things a bit there....because you get filled with eggs and become "pregnant"

33 minutes ago, MadMansGun said:

Aggressive
AggressiveDefault (don't know why we have 2 Aggressive tags, i would just go with "Aggressive")

--- one marks the animation as aggressive (pretty much rape/forced), the other tells Sexlab to automatically add it to the aggressive animations list.
Bondage
Bound (don't know how this would be different from "Bondage")

--- bound to me says hands or wrists bound while bondage is potentially more involved
Doggy (don't know why we have 2, but i would go with "DoggyStyle")
DoggyStyle

--- agreed.  I can't see a point in separating them.
Forced (Wouldn't this just be the same as Aggressive/Rape?)

--- probably.  I guess an argument could be made for specifics, but I wouldn't be one to make that argument.
Gangbang (Gangbang vs Group vs Orgy, too many options for basically the same thing)

--- Gangbang = many on one, Orgy = many on one another?  I dunno.
Lying (don't know why we have 2, but i would go with Laying)

--- probably for the same reason "agressive" (sp) is sometimes used: non-native English speakers doing their best with no standardization rules in play.
Rough (Wouldn't this just be the same as Aggressive?)

--- I see rough as potentially consensual.  Aggressive is more rapey to me.

Beds (i assume this tag is/was for bed compatible animations)

--- specifically, I think it is meant to indicate a laying posture with limited parameters (partners are close together)
BedOnly (don't know, it was in one of sexlab's stock animations)

--- Sexlab actively looks for that tag.
Cage (not sure about this one, i can see it being valid but Bondage can sort of suggest it as will)

--- I suppose indicates large animobject will be present?
Conquering (Aggressive?)

--- Ask Baka.  He's the only one I've seen using it.  I suppose some roleplay element there for making it explicitly fit within a defeat scenario?
Cuffs (isn't that just Bondage?)

--- just being specific, I guess.
Daedra (it's a bit vague, may be better to just use the race's name)

--- yup.
Defeated (Aggressive? or maybe it's referring to SLDefeat?)

--- same idea as conquering
Dirty (define Dirty, because i don't know what this tag is used for, is it something to do with SL's log tracking?)

--- yes, SL looks for that when adjusting the lewd stat.
DomSub (just use Bondage)

--- yes and no.  I see this as specifically bondage with specific roles and consent.
Eggs (i assume someone is getting filled with them)

--- yup, but not necessarily keeping them in.
Facial (rarely used, so sort of pointless)

--- I am using this tag in a mod I'm developing to add layered cum from oral animations if it is present.
Faint (a bit vague, maybe Aggressive but could depend on context)

--- Unconsciousness is definitely not consensual, but not necessarily "rough".  Wear and tear systems using tags to guess at degree of damage to apply?
Femdom (maybe useful for pegging animations?...also why is Pegging not a tag?)

--- see DomSub, above.  Pegging is (I think) assumed.  I don't think a tag that would need to be added to over 60% of animations is useful.
Fondling (whats the difference between this and Groping?)

--- no difference that I can think of
Frozen (maybe just call it Bondage)

--- unless you have something looking at this tag for specific post-coital effects.
Hugging

--- a specific form of holding
Interspecies (for mixed race creature on creature animations...that mostly only exist in HCOS)

--- given that actors get selected before an animation shows up, I can't see this as being useful at all
Knot (3 Knots and they all seem unnecessary to me...but i would go with Knotting if needed)
Knotted
Knotting

--- Knotted would be default, since it is used by the largest number of animations.  I am using this in a mod I'm developing to indicate that vaginal squirt effects need to taper and then shut down.
Loving (if your having sex then i would hope so)

--- specifically includes gentle gestures, definitely not for aggressive or even necessarily casual sex.  I use this as the far end of the "not-aggressive" spectrum.
Magic (maybe just Bondage, but could depend on context, but most of the ones i've seen are Bondage for sure)

--- indicates someone in the animation is a wizard.  I usually update this to MagicM or MagicF to indicate which of them is supposed to be the wizard, along with the school of magic that the effects may arise from.  In my mod, I then use this as a filter if the actors don't have enough magic to pull it off, or as a wildcard if someone is a trainer for a given school.
OnBack (Laying? not sure what SexLab's "no standing on bed" check uses)

--- SL just filters the "Standing" tag.
Oviposition (not sure if actually needed, but it does suggests impregnation....also impregnation is not a tag...yet)

--- Right, I use this to indicate that the eggs are staying inside.
Pillory (don't know if it's a good idea or not to name Furniture objects, does anything call for these object tags directly? i guess maybe Devious Device)

--- In theory you could have a marker specific to pillory animations, I guess.
Petting (this seems more like a poser mod tag to me)

--- Llabsky had those two animations that were just sabrecat/canine petting.
Rape (as far as i know sexlab sort of uses the "Aggressive" tag as a "Rape" identifier)

--- Yes, this does nothing by itself, though I do use it as a search parameter for further subdividing aggressive animations.
Sexdoll (is someone fucking the mannequins?)
SexyPosing (i could see it getting used but rarely, this is not a posing mod)

--- I think these are maybe useful for specific fetish roleplaying?  For things like this to work, there would have to be enough of them to warrant searching by tag though.

AnalCreampie (just use the Anal tag)

--- again, may be used to tell a mod to add extra layers or visible cum there.
Behind (Behind who or what? the tag seems pointless to me because it defines nothing)

--- More expansive than doggy/doggystyle, still indicates relative position.
Breeding (...yes that's what sex is)

--- specifically "cum inside", let nothing drip out, position of breeder is usually hips tilted to let gravity help out.
ChestCum (just use Boobjob)
Creampie (just use Vaginal)
CumInMouth (just use Oral)
CumOnBody (oh my god who the hell cares? they all end with cum on them)

--- all of the above: specific locations to apply cum effects.
CCCCF (used in billyy's Creature animation tags to give the user a visual representation of what actors you need for it, c = Creature, f = female human)
CCCF (personally i think the "f" should have been at the front, because human actors are "Actor1")
CCF
CF

--- all useless to my mind: the animation doesn't happen without the actors already being selected
DP (Threesome or DoublePen would be better options)

--- yes and no: there is a potential for DV, DA, Airtight, etc differentiation.  Nothing presently uses that, though.
Facing (Facing what? the wall?)

--- opposite of behind.
LeadIn (does not seem usefull to me)

--- SL searches for it to disqualify cum application in foreplay animations.
MovingDick (a ABC tag that's not relevant to loading animations)

--- agreed, but may be useful if someone wants to filter out non MovingDick animations.
Penis (and? most animations have them, so why tag it?)

--- same idea as pegging, I supposed.  Agreed that it is useless by itself.
Sex (no shit Sherlock, it's called Sexlab)

--- yeah, seems a bit redundant, but maybe if someone anticipates having lots of poorly tagged foreplay animations and wanted to differentiate?

34 minutes ago, Yverthel said:

There is a difference, and mods that generate pregnancy or oviposition may need to differentiate.

There are several animations where eggs laid in to a female are seen to be falling out afterward.  Those are all tagged as "eggs", while "oviposition" as a tag appears to mean they are staying inside.

Thinking on it: a couple of tags conspicuously absent and that may have mod interactions:

Aircum -- visible cum shot (used by Cumshot).  Normally in cumshot if the animation is tagged as vaginal/anal/etc, there will be no visible cumshot, but this tag overrides that behavior.  Milky uses this extensively in their animations.

Kissing -- important for filtering out beast races from animations if heads clipping into each other isn't your thing.

28 minutes ago, Seijin8 said:

--- one marks the animation as aggressive (pretty much rape/forced), the other tells Sexlab to automatically add it to the aggressive animations list.

well that's annoying.

29 minutes ago, Seijin8 said:

--- bound to me says hands or wrists bound while bondage is potentially more involved

fare enough i guess.

32 minutes ago, Seijin8 said:

--- I see rough as potentially consensual.  Aggressive is more rapey to me.

ok, makes senses to me.

35 minutes ago, Seijin8 said:

--- Sexlab actively looks for that tag.

one of many forgotten functions i guess?

37 minutes ago, Seijin8 said:

--- yes, SL looks for that when adjusting the lewd stat.

shit, guess i need to start adding that one to things.

39 minutes ago, Seijin8 said:

--- yes and no.  I see this as specifically bondage with specific roles and consent.

meh, still don't see the need for it.

41 minutes ago, Seijin8 said:

--- I am using this tag in a mod I'm developing to add layered cum from oral animations if it is present.

well that ones a keeper then.

42 minutes ago, Seijin8 said:

--- Unconsciousness is definitely not consensual, but not necessarily "rough".  Wear and tear systems using tags to guess at degree of damage to apply?

i'm thinking hard sex where the actor/s collapse at the end, so not necessarily non-consensual.

48 minutes ago, Seijin8 said:

--- unless you have something looking at this tag for specific post-coital effects.

no, just ice based creatures doing ice things to keep a human locked in place.

50 minutes ago, Seijin8 said:

--- given that actors get selected before an animation shows up, I can't see this as being useful at all

it is already being used in some mods, the problems in sexlab v1.62 has made it useful in some cases.

55 minutes ago, Seijin8 said:

--- Knotted would be default, since it is used by the largest number of animations.  I am using this in a mod I'm developing to indicate that vaginal squirt effects need to taper and then shut down.

Knotted it is then.

56 minutes ago, Seijin8 said:

--- indicates someone in the animation is a wizard.  I usually update this to MagicM or MagicF to indicate which of them is supposed to be the wizard, along with the school of magic that the effects may arise from.  In my mod, I then use this as a filter if the actors don't have enough magic to pull it off, or as a wildcard if someone is a trainer for a given school.

fare enough

57 minutes ago, Seijin8 said:

--- SL just filters the "Standing" tag.

guess i need to start adding that one as well.

1 hour ago, Seijin8 said:

--- In theory you could have a marker specific to pillory animations, I guess.

i was referring to named Furniture in general

--- Llabsky had those two animations that were just sabrecat/canine petting.

....i always wondered if i should of added those into MNC as forplay/ending animation stages.....oh well.

--- Yes, this does nothing by itself, though I do use it as a search parameter for further subdividing aggressive animations.

so semi unneeded?

--- all useless to my mind: the animation doesn't happen without the actors already being selected

it's not for loading animations, it's just so the users can see how many actors they need to use that animation.

--- SL searches for it to disqualify cum application in foreplay animations.

seems unneeded, you can just not have any cum options setup for a animation to get the same effect....unless if it does other things as well that is.

are there any other SL special controll tags?

32 minutes ago, MadMansGun said:

i was referring to named Furniture in general

The tag usefulness then depends on whether the animation has its own animobject or is expected to be "placed" on specifc furniture.  This gets complicated as there are a few completely incompatible ways to handle it.

For instance: with Billyy's Invisible Furniture animations, his intent was that you walk up to the furniture, then trigger the animation and it should be close to the correct alignment.

If it is a chair animation however, you now have an issue as the "correct" chair positioning if using a placement method (Sexlab's "CenterOn" using the chair) now has the animation rotated 180°.

Basically, very very few of the chair animations will work with one another - you need a specific triggering mechanism for animations that have their own furniture (so that they don't create odd overlaps and collission issues with actual in-game furniture), those that have no animobject but are expected to be on something (Sexlab's CenterOn placement), and those where the author intended freeform use (Billyy's "walk-up" method).

seems unneeded, you can just not have any cum options setup for a animation to get the same effect....unless if it does other things as well that is.

Depends on how the animation was tagged and how the foreplay animations was triggered.  Without LeadIn, some animations will still produce cum effects.  Really, that who subsystem is half-baked.  The way it is intended to work needs to be triggered *as* foreplay, with the "foreplay" tag and then the "LeadIn" tag tells it to ignore vaginal/anal/oral for tag delivery.  SLAL setups do bypass this, but when the system was set up, SLAL wasn't a thing.

are there any other SL special controll tags?

Not that I am recalling, but I'm far from an expert on that.

EDIT: Scratch that... "Furniture" is used by SL to exclude "Bed" and "BedOnly" tags.  I'm pretty sure if you make a bed animation that has the "furniture" tag, SL will commit seppuku.

I think there should a tag, similar to "sex" that indicates dick is going into pussy.     "sex" tag can be found on footjob animation, boobjob(I think) animations,  Mod maker makes a cool footjob animation and doesnt want it to play shorter time(Foreplay) and male would be busting a nut, but for me it's not sex,neither is a boobjob,neither is some other fetish stuff(which is cool) just sometimes hard to tag around.

Personally I think less tags being applied would actually make it easier to call on. most animations have like 10 tags. I call on Vaginal,MF,Sex,penis and who knows what I get out of it,because everything has 10 tags. 

Hope I don't come across as,attacking animation makers,cause I think tag system could be better. 

I think "Kneeling" and "Behind" are probably useful to some. "Kneeling" suggests sex is occurring with one or both actors on their knees but not doggystyle since that implies hands and kness on the ground for me. "Behind" is useful for animations where one actor takes the other from behind, but not necessarily in a doggystyle position.

I plan on eventually using the magic tag, for mage specific animations.

A few tags that I would request be added are tags such as MFC, or FFC, etc. be added to creature animations involving more than one human actor. As it is now those tags aren't included in some animations, so I have to either specifically call the animation by name or use some other tag that none of the other creature animations use. (For example, FFC horse animations I have to call by name since they aren't tagged with FFC. Otherwise an FCC animation can play when SexLab gets a list of compatible animations. Same for FFC canine, which I am currently using the cunnilingus tag to get the right animation, but this is not exactly ideal and not future proof for new animations that could come out.

40 minutes ago, Narcolepsy said:

A few tags that I would request be added

An animator or user can add whatever tags they like and basically make them up on the spot.  Creating new tags is trivial.  You can add a tag directly to the SLAL json to get it into the system or use SLATE in a similar way.

I think what MMG is trying to do is figure out which tags actually matter to mods/Sexlab/scripting and then refine the use cases for those in the hopes that animators will choose sensible tags to smooth the whole process.

Sadly, most animators don't tag their animations very well, and the lack of standardization makes it challenging to do so without knowing that you might be messing up another mod's use of it.

Great example:  "Kissing" is a tag that some foreplay events reach for.  Animators tend to use the "kissing" tag on any animation that includes kissing of any kind.  Many of those are not appropriate foreplay animations at all.  So the lack of consensus on what "kissing" should mean (just a chaste kiss which makes sense fully clothed and in public, vs a gangbang animation that starts with some kissing) makes mods that use that tag highly unpredictable in their behaviors.  Neither the mod-maker nor the animator are at fault for the odd results, but nobody agreed on what "Kissing" should mean as a tag.

(Best use case for that example: a mod looking for a kissing foreplay event should be searching for "Foreplay, LeadIn, Kissing", and have an explicit animation in mind as a fallback if the search returns none.  Sadly, lots of people might make such animations, but tag them only as kissing, or only as foreplay, and not use LeadIn at all for what it was designed for.)

17 minutes ago, Seijin8 said:

An animator or user can add whatever tags they like and basically make them up on the spot.  Creating new tags is trivial.  You can add a tag directly to the SLAL json to get it into the system or use SLATE in a similar way.

This is just a suggestion for tags that I believe need to be added to animations. I can't rely on the user taking the effort to add certain tags to animations, so either the animator has to add them or I have to call animations by name, which has it's own issues since not everyone installs the same animations.

In Confabulation I already have users who complain about "wrong" creature threesome animations playing. Without tags like MFC/FFC, etc. I can't reliable get the proper animations to play without having SexLab just get all "compatible" animations (which includes animations with two creatures where I only want one creature).

Talking about standardization, tags that indicate the sex of the human actor(s) and number of actors involved should always be included (MFC, FFC, etc.). I don't think this is too much of an issue with normal human x human animations since SexLab adds these tags in by default I believe, but for the group creature animations they are missing.

36 minutes ago, Narcolepsy said:

This is just a suggestion for tags that I believe need to be added to animations. I can't rely on the user taking the effort to add certain tags to animations, so either the animator has to add them or I have to call animations by name, which has it's own issues since not everyone installs the same animations.

In Confabulation I already have users who complain about "wrong" creature threesome animations playing. Without tags like MFC/FFC, etc. I can't reliable get the proper animations to play without having SexLab just get all "compatible" animations (which includes animations with two creatures where I only want one creature).

Talking about standardization, tags that indicate the sex of the human actor(s) and number of actors involved should always be included (MFC, FFC, etc.). I don't think this is too much of an issue with normal human x human animations since SexLab adds these tags in by default I believe, but for the group creature animations they are missing.

Fact:  You aren't going to get users or animators to reliably create the tags that trigger your mod correctly.  Suggest whatever you want to, but if you need these to be set up correctly, then do it yourself.

Create a script that adds the needed tags to the animations.  If it is simplified enough, it could do so before calling the sex animation to start.  If that is too much workload for the situation, then it could be done through an MCM button or whenever the Sexlab registry resets.

40 minutes ago, Narcolepsy said:

tags that indicate the sex of the human actor(s) and number of actors involved should always be included (MFC, FFC, etc.)

If you can convince all the animators to do that, then you're a miracle worker.

41 minutes ago, Narcolepsy said:

I don't think this is too much of an issue with normal human x human animations since SexLab adds these tags in by default I believe,

Sexlab adds nothing by default.  It does not create or auto-assign tags.

If you create a system that adds the tags you need, you could have it draw from an outside json (same system that SLATE uses) so that you wouldn't even have to do much work to fill the list.  Let your users do it and collate the results.  FGew of them will mess with scripting, no matter how easily it is laid out, but anyone can edit a json file.

Hell, you could even make a json read system that draws from a bunch of folders, so you wouldn't even have to open the jsons yourself, just script the system to look them up and find the first instance of the animation you need, checking through sub-folders (\User1, \User2, \User3, etc) until success or failure.  When a user says "hey I did a few of these", just dump their json into a subfolder and you're basically done.

You could make an in-game spell that then collates all subfolder sets into a single full list and do weekly/daily/whatever updates of that one file.

52 minutes ago, Seijin8 said:

Fact:  You aren't going to get users or animators to reliably create the tags that trigger your mod correctly.  Suggest whatever you want to, but if you need these to be set up correctly, then do it yourself.

Isn't the whole point of having this discussion to talk about tags in their current state, and to possibly remove unnecessary tagging and add in more relevant tags/missing tags. By no means am I demanding animators to add these tags, and I've already found ways to bypass the missing tags in certain animations, seeing as I already use them in my mod.

If you can convince all the animators to do that, then you're a miracle worker.

Again, this was merely a suggestion of tags that should be included in case a standardize list of tags was to come about. MMG mentions lacking tags in the main post, and you yourself also note about absent tags that have mod interactions. The ones I mentioned are tags that I actively use in my mod, but have to resort to other methods of grabbing the animations, since those tags aren't present in some animations.

Sexlab adds nothing by default.  It does not create or auto-assign tags.

Sexlab will add MF, FM, MMF, FFM, MMMF, etc to the tags of an animation if they do not already have those tags. It should add them to creature animation as well looking at the functions.

Edit: Actually looking at the script again there's no reason why FMC, MFC, FFC, etc. shouldn't be added to animations without those tags. Now I'm wondering what is preventing those tags from being added when I register them through SLAL.

I feel like i'm doing some "Lack-of-kink!" shaming here but anyways:
Bondage on it's own... doesn't say too much. Like... cuffs? There's no point using it at all, i don't see why it would matter if you have a ring around your arm during an animation. They aren't that detailed? But what does matter if it's a yoke holding your arms in one position, an armbinder in another, or some other options like beeing tied to some furniture/tree/whatever. 

Same for specific furnitures, imho it would be better to be able to search for a certain furniture that currently makes sense in a specific scene. Like, PC is standing in front of a pillory/already inside, then an animation with a hanging rack or cage starts... that would be off? For most furnitures it doesn't make much difference as there's only a single animation anyways, pillory is an exception though and i think there are some more now, i'm not entirely up-to-date.

In any case it doesn't have anything to do with DD as a framework, though. For their filters they use a hard coded list of animations and despite my efforts i couldn't convince them otherwise which is the reason turning the filters off is one of the first things i do when setting up a new game. Imho it's still better that i have to change the animation via SL tools than missing half the animations i have installed, plus it's completly broken for creatures if the filter triggers at all, it's a bug but they refuse to fix because they don't support creatures... or even acknowledge that bug.

Defeated... i'd keep, although i'm not currently sure if it's actually used that way. It may be a difference if the victim still struggles or not, for some (potential) scenes, though. For Defeated i'd rather say no, while agressive... potentially, at least?
Might be similar to faint but there's still a difference between not resisting/struggling and beeing out.

Generally speaking, as a user i'd rather have more tags than less. If for no other reason than so that i can search for them in SLATE and add tags they are lacking imho, or misspelled, or whatever. I agree some are a bit messy, though.

3 hours ago, Nazzzgul666 said:

Bondage on it's own... doesn't say too much. Like... cuffs? There's no point using it at all, i don't see why it would matter if you have a ring around your arm during an animation.

I actually use the 'cuffs' tag for wrist restraints in 'cuffed' animations. Not sure if people have used it for those other bondage cuffs, I'd assume not as pointless indeed. It's my go-to tag to filter animations to wrist restraints, as using one like 'bound' will bring up other devices like yokes.

7 hours ago, Narcolepsy said:

I think "Kneeling" and "Behind" are probably useful to some. "Kneeling" suggests sex is occurring with one or both actors on their knees but not doggystyle since that implies hands and kness on the ground for me. "Behind" is useful for animations where one actor takes the other from behind, but not necessarily in a doggystyle position.

I don’t really know how to tag for positions without having so many tags it becomes worthless. I usually try to make a position tag or 2 based on the female actor. (IE a blowjob animation with female kneeling and male standing I’d tag as ‘kneeling’ for female, but not ‘standing’, for male. I could be convinced to change.

Lot's to try and cover here I'll just start listing some tags and why I use them. Seijin covered a lot of them and is correct on all that I saw.

Behind – Not sure if anyone else uses that, but I almost have a specific position I refer to this as, which is when female is still standing on her feet, but is bent over with her hands on the ground and ass in air. So similar to doggy, but technically not really doggy.
DomSub – I included these tags in my bondage animations in hope that DD filter would pick them up as it’s one of the tags they use afaik. No idea if it works.
Doggy - I can change these to be 'doggystyle' as seems to be the trend.

Frozen – Pretty overly-specific, I used it to identify my frost atronach and ice wraith animations where female is frozen inside ice, but that ended up being all of mine, and maybe most others for creature x female.
Magic – Use for animations where I have magic effects. I feel it’s situational, but quite useful for wizards and whatnot.
MovingDick – I can’t recall why I added this. I saw other packs with it so I did. I think someone has pointed out some animations I made didn’t have it though, so maybe people used it to find new ABC animations.
Gangbang vs. Orgy – I recently tried to change the use of these tags. I dropped it from 3p animations and replaced it with threesome. Then It’s subjective but I decided to use ‘gangbang’ for 1 female and 3+ males, and ‘Orgy’ for 1+ male and 2+ females.
Fingering - I use this when an actor fingers/cunt rubs another
Knotted - I'm not sure how it's intended to be used, but I've just used it on any canine/werewolf animation where they stay inside for climax in any hole. Which is basically all of them except for some ora animations where knot doesn't go in all the way.
Rough - Agree with Seijin here, that's how I've tried used it.
Cage – An animobject tag I use at least. Use it for my Chaurus cage animation
Eggs - implies eggs animobject are present, but not necessarily inside holes (IE my chaurus boobjob animation).
Oviposition - I use this in animations where you can see eggs coming out of female’s holes implying she was bred. So not just something to slap onto any chaurus/spider animation.
Xcross, Pillory, etc. – I name the specific animobject. Very useful for filtering to a specific furniture animation. I’m sure mods call on these too.

10 hours ago, MadMansGun said:

Aggressive

AggressiveDefault (don't know why we have 2 Aggressive tags, i would just go with "Aggressive")

I will add a few of my own experience based ideas that weren't mentioned by others, but some of this will just be guesses as I haven't used that wide a variety of mods. I need to double check which of these Sexlab Eager NPCs uses, because I don't remember if Agg or AggDefault is excluded in a number of the animation calls.  Zaz is also excluded in pretty much all of the consensual calls.

Creature (a bit overused, i say Bestiality animations should use the Bestiality tag, because what the hell would creature on creature be tagged as?)

I do not know if there is a need for human on creature and creature on creature separation, or if CF and CC are enough.

Forced (Wouldn't this just be the same as Aggressive/Rape?)

I could see some mods using this in a reluctant scenario where they do not want to trigger Aggressive/Rape status for any of the other mods that trigger on that.  Certain Vampire, Succubus and other drain during sex mods could trigger with either rapist or victim role but I don't know if an animation would need to tagged just for that. My idea is that listing this as a tag for modders to use and players to add to the animations they like via SLATE could be the way to go. 

Gangbang (Gangbang vs Group vs Orgy, too many options for basically the same thing)

Orgy

Since most of the animations are multiples-on-one the Orgy tag probably would not be used much (though I certainly would like to see it though I recognize how hard it could be.  IIRC Zyn's Gay Fourway included in Sexlab would be one example though a mod just creating 2-3 paired anims is probably the way to go.  Some mods that create gangbangs could be more flexible if they create more pairs instead of collecting 6 actors, then discarding 1.  Having all of the NPCs walk to the PC and then starting the animations is what a 6 actor orgy animation could skip, but that's probably easier done by the modder than the animator?

Rough (Wouldn't this just be the same as Aggressive?)

Similar reasons to Forced, avoiding the aggressive scenario.  Could also be a trigger for a SL stat, (like Dirty?) as rough sex can be very consensual with the female actor crying out Harder! Harder! - this could factor into Wear and tear as well but since it would be similar effects to Aggressive (and I don't know enough about W&T mods) might not make enough difference.  I think there would have to be enough mods that randomization plays into the selection, otherwise the player can just select one of a few anims via mods like SL Tools, if desired.

QUESTIONABLE USEFULNESS TAGS:
Femdom (maybe useful for pegging animations?...also why is Pegging not a tag?)
FemWerewolf (used in MNC to identify animations where the Werewolf is on the receiving end)

FemDom does also work for a variety of Cowgirl animations and forced footjob anims.  I think the tag is necessary for any female PC amazon or strong type character for use in any defeat scenario, or a weak / wizard male that might lose to a group and then have a MF anim played with a randomly selected female NPC.

Fondling (whats the difference between this and Groping?)

If the presence of the Aggressive tag is selected by a mod, maybe nothing, but I could see this as similar to oral, blowjob and 69. If a modder wanted a consensual but non sexual animation, either a kissing, fondling or caressing type animation could work.  Groping through implies a little less consent on the part of the gropee... and a Sexist Guards or Inspections at the Roadside type scene wouldn't want a fondling animation designed to lead into kissing and loving sex.

I might just be way off on the purpose of this thread on that idea though.

FuckMachine (hard to say if useful....also would a dwemer robot count as a FuckMachine?)

Would be particularly useful in separating masturbation animations.  I would see many of the machine animations being used in a non consensual scene but I don't know if Aggressive tags are ever used for masturbation. I suspect this tag would see the same kind of use as the stocks, x-cross and pillory tags, to select animations particular to a location and story.

Loving (if your having sex then i would hope so)

Well, there is fucking, and then there is making love.   This one is used as a filter for SLEN as well, to separate the "I want to make love to you" dialog option from the others. It is combined with Facing and one other I forget at the moment (probably vaginal).

Magic (maybe just Bondage, but could depend on context, but most of the ones i've seen are Bondage for sure)

As Seijin mentioned, for animations involving an NPC or the PC as a wizard.  I forget the animator's name but one had a whole bunch of Illusion based non-con anims and Alteration based floating anims, I think Anubis has a few with visible runes and floating or flying as well.  Might fall into the pillory/furniture category of mod selected for story based scenes, but I like having that as a manual filter via SL Tools for my mage encounters (primarily for screenshots, I'll admit).

Rock
RuinsTable

I do not really know how these would be used so I'd agree with you (for whatever that's worth) though I could see using them either as exclusionary (in a location without rocks, somehow?) or for a draugr sacrificial scene that needs a table? Being that they are obvious and descriptive I'd lean toward leaving them in and publicizing them.  Maybe someone would want to use them if they are known.

Sexdoll (is someone fucking the mannequins?)

Could be a mind control situation, latex bondage or something else where the actor is made into a doll?  A guess without knowing the souce... did anyone ever take advantage of the bug that had manikans walking around to try and use them for sex? 

10 hours ago, Seijin8 said:

EDIT: Scratch that... "Furniture" is used by SL to exclude "Bed" and "BedOnly" tags.  I'm pretty sure if you make a bed animation that has the "furniture" tag, SL will commit seppuku.

well that seems like a silly thing to do.

10 hours ago, Heroine of the Night said:

Hope I don't come across as,attacking animation makers,cause I think tag system could be better.

well i'm a animator, and i think the tags are fucked....that's why this thread is here.

9 hours ago, Narcolepsy said:

A few tags that I would request be added are tags such as MFC, or FFC, etc. be added to creature animations involving more than one human actor. As it is now those tags aren't included in some animations, so I have to either specifically call the animation by name or use some other tag that none of the other creature animations use. (For example, FFC horse animations I have to call by name since they aren't tagged with FFC. Otherwise an FCC animation can play when SexLab gets a list of compatible animations. Same for FFC canine, which I am currently using the cunnilingus tag to get the right animation, but this is not exactly ideal and not future proof for new animations that could come out.

technically that should be "FMC", human females are almost always "actor1" in the animations...but then there is the problem of too many combos for that tagging system, Eg:

Spoiler

FCC

FFC

FMC

MMC

MCC

FCCC

FFCC

FFFC

FFMC

FMMC

MMMC

MMCC

MCCC

FCCCC

FFCCC

FFFCC

FFFFC

FFFMC

FFMMC

FMMMC

MMMMC

MMMCC

MMCCC

MCCCC

also what gender is the creature?

1 hour ago, MadMansGun said:

also what gender is the creature?

suggestion:

C - male creature, B - female? could be simple enough, no?

But then FemWerewolf could be kicked, unless there are FemCreature x FemCreature anims and you want to be specific. But then there's the unspecific Interspecies tag. Hrm.

15 hours ago, MadMansGun said:

there are no real tags* to identify who is on the receiving end in creature animations

Okay, so the way I understood animations work is that by some accidental convention it was established that the first slot is always the receiving end, or was that the second...? Anyway, global tags just can't catch those specifics, unless there is a large number of very specific tags. Ideally there would be per-slot tags as well, or an entire relation graph if you want to go scientific, but i can imagine the code work to get this smooth would be quite mad.

Maybe some Recv... prefix, like RecvMale, RecvFemale, RecvMaleCreature, RecvFemaleCreature. That might cover most possible things in a 1on1 setting, and work for more actors as well, yes?

14 minutes ago, the0fromnexus said:

Okay, so the way I understood animations work is that by some accidental convention it was established that the first slot is always the receiving end, or was that the second...? Anyway, global tags just can't catch those specifics, unless there is a large number of very specific tags. Ideally there would be per-slot tags as well, or an entire relation graph if you want to go scientific, but i can imagine the code work to get this smooth would be quite mad.

female humans (if used in the animation) are always setup as actor1, creatures are always setup to be the last actors.

16 hours ago, Billyy said:

I actually use the 'cuffs' tag for wrist restraints in 'cuffed' animations. Not sure if people have used it for those other bondage cuffs, I'd assume not as pointless indeed. It's my go-to tag to filter animations to wrist restraints, as using one like 'bound' will bring up other devices like yokes.

I forgot these exist >.< I stand corrected.^^

I don’t really know how to tag for positions without having so many tags it becomes worthless. I usually try to make a position tag or 2 based on the female actor. (IE a blowjob animation with female kneeling and male standing I’d tag as ‘kneeling’ for female, but not ‘standing’, for male. I could be convinced to change.

DomSub – I included these tags in my bondage animations in hope that DD filter would pick them up as it’s one of the tags they use afaik. No idea if it works. 

Afaik DD doesn't use tags at all but a hard coded list of animations and there are no intentions to change that. Or do they use tags to chose from that list? Dunno. Possibly, still... i'm not sure what the purpose of that tag would be. Imho something like F(em)dom/Mdom + consensual maybe should do the trick in any case, keep the current conventions and be more accurate? No strong opinion on that one, just a thought. 

I agree with the kneeling/standing thing, at least in that example. BJ + kneeling should give away the male is standing, especially when Laying is used for those where male lays down, regardless if female is on her knees there as well.

Magic – Use for animations where I have magic effects. I feel it’s situational, but quite useful for wizards and whatnot.

ACK. I do like it when i can either do a quick search for those when it fits and switch, and possibly exclude them in Defeat in general.

17 hours ago, MadMansGun said:

technically that should be "FMC", human females are almost always "actor1" in the animations...but then there is the problem of too many combos for that tagging system, Eg:

Actually it appears that these gender tags aren't necessary for animators to manually place, as SexLab will append these onto the tag lists when they are registered. (Not sure what was stopping this from happening on my install, but reinstalling SexLab seems to have fixed it for me.)

For example, human x human animations, as well as human x creature animations, will have MF, FM, CF, FC, CM, and MC tags added by SexLab, same with the gangbang variants with 3-5 actors (FMMM, MMMF, FCCC, CCCF for example). I am assuming that it would properly add tags for FFMM, FMCC, etc. animations, but I did not test for these since I don't know of any animations for these situations. 

Testing with Anubs Male Female Wolf animation which has no gender tags before registering it, after registering SexLab added these tags: MFC, Cfm, fmC, CMF.

This means that those types of tags don't really need to be manually added by animators. The only exception I see are determining the genders of the creatures, since SexLab appears to group CreatureMale and CreatureFemale under "C". Possibly two new tags, Cm and Cf could be used to specify if the creature is male or female (MMCf or CfMM for example would be for an animation with two human male actors and a female creature actor.)

6 hours ago, Nazzzgul666 said:

Afaik DD doesn't use tags at all but a hard coded list of animations and there are no intentions to change that. Or do they use tags to chose from that list? Dunno. Possibly, still... i'm not sure what the purpose of that tag would be. Imho something like F(em)dom/Mdom + consensual maybe should do the trick in any case, keep the current conventions and be more accurate? No strong opinion on that one, just a thought. 

I'm pretty sure you're correct. It was just kind of wishful thinking on my part that it'd work, or that code might change to allow for external animations to be used. Regardless I'll probably remove those tags as I've not really had much luck with those filters anyway.