16 hours ago, Hamakabula said:

I have some issues with this mod, for example civics being named "civil_WL_lv_incestuous_dogma" etc. Also happens with a bunch of other traits and events ingame.

My load order is

LV

WL

as said in the OP.

What could be the issue?

In localisation files no records about that, i hope author publishing patch soon:)

First off I would like to thank you for the great mod; I am enjoying the content tremendously and wanted to bring up something that I noticed in one of my games as a Motherly Hive.

Given that there is likely going to be a major overhaul of pops and districts/buildings coming in the 2.9 update, I think a reevaluation of the Motherly Hive origin will be required. It is already rather unbalanced, allowing you to generate a lot of pop growth speed and unity very early. Based on my experience and what Paradox has revealed about the update I may recommend the following; all subject to change and the mod authors preference of course.

1) Reduce job yields across the board: The unique buildings provide a lot of jobs with very high yields for very low cost. Given that the number of pops per planet will likely be reducing, I may recommend cutting the number of jobs/housing per building dramatically to compensate.

For example:

- The Hive Maternal Sanctuary provides an incredible;

* 10 Housing

* 10% happiness

* 40 Society research; 24 Unity; 28% pop growth speed

* another 24% happiness from jobs; 20 stability; -10 deviancy and an additional -10%

By comparison the Hivemind Spawning pool provides,

* 25% pop growth speed and 5 amenities.

- The Hive Caretaker sanctuary provides:

* 25 Housing

* 5 Amenities

* 2% complex drone output; 6% menial drone output; and -2 deviancy

The caretaker sanctuary is very comparable to the Biotrophy Sanctuary from Rogue Servitors which only provides, 

* 10 housing; 20 unity; and 2% complex drone production. Also 5 amenities from a pop job not as a flat bonus on the building.

- The Hive Breeders Complex: provides a needed function in producing consumer goods once you have non-hive pops, but it has 5 jobs compared to a normal civilian industry jobs 2 and produces 10 goods for 8 minerals compared to a normal artisans 6 goods for 6. This is in addition to the 6 amenities and 3 happiness each job produces.

- Hive Leisure Mega Complex vs. Hive Leisure Complex: Not sure why there is a distinction here; do they have any differentiating features that are not displayed on the tooltip? If not then I may suggest that these buildings be repurposed as they provide little utility. Perhaps compare them to the Noble estate building from the Aristocratic Elite civic and go from there (this would off-load the stability from the Hive Maternal Sanctuary perhaps?).

2) Event Spam and pop growth through event: These free pops in addition to the large amount of pop growth speed results in inflated pop numbers and annoying micromanagement of windows in the late game. I would put forward that the acquisition of xeno pops is the majority of the fun for this type of playthrough and this feature could be cut with no negative impact on gameplay.

Sorry for the long post, and thank you for anyone who actually reads this far! Again I enjoy this mod tremendously, and I believe that bringing it back in line with the base games features will only improve the gameplay. An aggressive pruning of the above buildings would go a long way I think.

"If you can't get the event out or see that it's hard to get it and you're not playing in Ironman mode. Select a Scientific Ship and type the Event command with the following event id:

WL_lv_decision_solo_expedition_events.50

This will start the project and the events to find the archeological site."

I don't know why, but it doesn't work. 
Can you help me? 
Thanks

This mod seems to have stopped working for me after the update and I'm pretty sure it's not on my end since I deleted mod folder, reinstalled stellaris and launched LV+this mod only. No motherly hive origins nor civics appear in empire creation. Do you have any idea what could be wrong? Been enjoying this mod for 2 patches and now the game feels lacking without it

Edit: solved it by removing descriptor from original folder, renaming it and redirecting mod file

• 2 weeks later...

Got a suggestion for you if you're interested - Fauna hunting is tedious as hell, might want to make that an edict instead that costs a scalar amount of influence based on the number of habitable (thus valid) planets, this would have a secondary effect of binding it into a single event and not deafening you once they all proc at once because you paused to queue up fauna hunting across your 25-30 odd planets.

11 hours ago, MarMarTheBunbun said:

Hello, I'd like to fill a bug report. For some reason whenever I try and play stellaris wtih this mod and origins extended stops pops from the origins of this mod from spawning in along with the syncretic evolution ones, not sure if its this or that mods fault

I got that when I tried to run this alongside the Hive Queens unofficial DLC from the workshop (you know, the one that ties in with Origins and the Nyblax), turn that off and it should start working for you, but I still can't get civic pops to spawn so I haven't the foggiest about that.

• 2 weeks later...

Having an issue myself. it seems the "Lustful spirit contact" event is crashing my game?

I'm consistently getting, in the error log, a huge spam of

"[trigger_impl.cpp:26077]: Invalid origin with key [origin_pd_shroud]  file:  file: events/pd_engine.txt ..."

Followed by 

"[trigger_impl.cpp:847]: Script Error: Invalid context switch[leader], file: common/decisions/02_wl_lv_decisions_addons.txt line: 24, Scope: 

[trigger.cpp:421]: invalid scope for trigger. got [planet], expected {country}.  file: common/districts/acot_districts.txt line: 1043
[trigger_impl.cpp:16677]: has_communications: Invalid target country 'event_target:zinara_country_target' at  file: events/WL_LV_lustful_spirit_contact_events.txt line: 1329"

Happening on year 65, on the month rollover from 8 to 9. 

I believe the one addressing planet/country is from the ancient cache of technologies mod, but I'm unsure if that's the cause of the conflict/crash or not, and it's not exactly like I can toggle that off to test, as it adds major factions and content. 

Edit: Ok, I wrapped up the war I was in, this time, and it gave another of the (horrifyingly numerous) errors related to that, that it was ok with, after the first two errors I put above, then again crashed with the communications event, so that seems to be the crash cause. Not sure what about it though. 

Titanic life events appear to be messed up, badly. I've got an entirely organic empire (robots are outlawed), and after a few rounds of titanic rap, I now have two sub-species, one with the Sex Bots trait (which should not happen with organics), and the other with both Titanic Evolution and Elastic Orifices (which is redundant). 

16 hours ago, Zorlond said:

Titanic life events appear to be messed up, badly. I've got an entirely organic empire (robots are outlawed), and after a few rounds of titanic rap, I now have two sub-species, one with the Sex Bots trait (which should not happen with organics), and the other with both Titanic Evolution and Elastic Orifices (which is redundant). 

I belive, its from Lustful Void

1 hour ago, Spenser said:

I belive, its from Lustful Void

Nope. Here's part of the fixed file, which is file WL_LV_t_breed_results_events.txt

##############################
#GREAT NEWS
##############################

planet_event = {
	id = WL_lv_t_breed_result.4
	title = WL_lv_t_breed_result.4.name
	desc = WL_lv_t_breed_result.4.desc
	picture =  GFX_evt_WL_lv_t_breed_result_4
	show_sound = event_primitive_civilization
	location = root
	hide_window = no

is_triggered_only = yes

option = {
		name = WL_lv_t_breed_result.4.a
		hidden_effect = {
			while = {
				count = 3
				random_owned_pop = {
					limit = {
						is_sapient = yes
							species = {
							NOR = {
								has_trait = trait_mechanical
								has_trait = trait_machine_unit
								has_trait = trait_lv_titanic_evolution
								is_species_class = ROBOT
							}
							}
						}
						pop_change_ethic = ethic_xenophile 
						modify_species = {
							species = this
							add_trait = trait_lv_elastic_orifices
						}
					}
				}
			while = {
				count = 2
				random_owned_pop = {
					limit = {
						is_sapient = yes
							species = {
							OR = {
								is_species_class = ROBOT
							}
							}
						}
						modify_species = {
							species = this
							add_trait = trait_lv_sex_bots
						}
					}
				}
		}
		owner = {
			add_resource = { food = 300 }
			add_resource = { unity = 1000 }
			add_monthly_resource_mult = {
 					    resource = society_research
 					    value = 1200
 					    min = 1200
 					    max = 1200
 			}
		}
	}

option = {
		name = WL_lv_t_breed_result.4.b
		hidden_effect = {
			while = {
				count = 8
				random_owned_pop = {
					limit = {
						is_sapient = yes
							species = {
							NOR = {
								has_trait = trait_lv_titanic_evolution
								is_species_class = ROBOT
							}
							}
						}
						modify_species = {
							species = this
							add_trait = trait_lv_elastic_orifices
						}
					}
				}
		}
		owner = {
			add_resource = { food = 300 }
			add_resource = { unity = 1000 }
			add_monthly_resource_mult = {
 					    resource = society_research
 					    value = 1200
 					    min = 1200
 					    max = 1200
 			}
		}
	}

immediate = {
			}

}

The parts that give Elastic Orifices did Not check for the Titanic Evolution trait, and the part that gives Sex Bots had a NOR instead of an OR (which meant it excluded all robots, not included). The entire file needs similar fixes to properly run.

edit: actually it should also look for trait_lv_perfect_hybrid, the other LV combo-trait which also includes Elastic Orifices...

1 hour ago, Aziz said:

What is needed to build Wild Pleasure Reserve? It won't show up on in list, can build zoo, farm or sanctuary but no that one

I hadn't seen it in a good while, thought the modder removed it, went into the code to check, and realized it was still in there. After looking at the code, there's a misused NOR in the potential section that actually took me a while to figure out.

NOR = {
			is_hive_empire = no
			is_mechanical_empire = no
			}

Basically, if you're a biological non-hive empire, you get a 'yes' result from the two checks that turn into a 'no' from the NOR. But if you are hive, you get a 'yes' from the mechanical_empire check which again turns into a 'no' from the NOR, and same for a machine empire. So nobody can build them.

Pretty sure this NOR needs to turn into an AND. Did a quick peek in-game, and this seems to work, here's the corrected file, which goes in \Wild_lascivity\common\buildings

wl_lv_fauna_buildings_02.txt

On 1/5/2021 at 5:40 AM, Ozvelpoon said:

First off I would like to thank you for the great mod; I am enjoying the content tremendously and wanted to bring up something that I noticed in one of my games as a Motherly Hive.

Given that there is likely going to be a major overhaul of pops and districts/buildings coming in the 2.9 update, I think a reevaluation of the Motherly Hive origin will be required. It is already rather unbalanced, allowing you to generate a lot of pop growth speed and unity very early. Based on my experience and what Paradox has revealed about the update I may recommend the following; all subject to change and the mod authors preference of course.

1) Reduce job yields across the board: The unique buildings provide a lot of jobs with very high yields for very low cost. Given that the number of pops per planet will likely be reducing, I may recommend cutting the number of jobs/housing per building dramatically to compensate.

For example:

- The Hive Maternal Sanctuary provides an incredible;

* 10 Housing

* 10% happiness

* 40 Society research; 24 Unity; 28% pop growth speed

* another 24% happiness from jobs; 20 stability; -10 deviancy and an additional -10%

By comparison the Hivemind Spawning pool provides,

* 25% pop growth speed and 5 amenities.

- The Hive Caretaker sanctuary provides:

* 25 Housing

* 5 Amenities

* 2% complex drone output; 6% menial drone output; and -2 deviancy

The caretaker sanctuary is very comparable to the Biotrophy Sanctuary from Rogue Servitors which only provides, 

* 10 housing; 20 unity; and 2% complex drone production. Also 5 amenities from a pop job not as a flat bonus on the building.

- The Hive Breeders Complex: provides a needed function in producing consumer goods once you have non-hive pops, but it has 5 jobs compared to a normal civilian industry jobs 2 and produces 10 goods for 8 minerals compared to a normal artisans 6 goods for 6. This is in addition to the 6 amenities and 3 happiness each job produces.

- Hive Leisure Mega Complex vs. Hive Leisure Complex: Not sure why there is a distinction here; do they have any differentiating features that are not displayed on the tooltip? If not then I may suggest that these buildings be repurposed as they provide little utility. Perhaps compare them to the Noble estate building from the Aristocratic Elite civic and go from there (this would off-load the stability from the Hive Maternal Sanctuary perhaps?).

2) Event Spam and pop growth through event: These free pops in addition to the large amount of pop growth speed results in inflated pop numbers and annoying micromanagement of windows in the late game. I would put forward that the acquisition of xeno pops is the majority of the fun for this type of playthrough and this feature could be cut with no negative impact on gameplay.

Sorry for the long post, and thank you for anyone who actually reads this far! Again I enjoy this mod tremendously, and I believe that bringing it back in line with the base games features will only improve the gameplay. An aggressive pruning of the above buildings would go a long way I think.

Come on, we all know that hive mind and rogue servitors are very, very weak in the base game. Even the yield of the special buildings are over-powered, the strength of motherly hive is still hardly comparable with  a materialist + authorian empire.

11 hours ago, Furryfurry said:

Wild Pleasure Reserve is buged it dissapear after you have build it

Looked into this, and for whatever reason, the original modder decided to make the Wild Pleasure Reserve three different buildings, all looking identical, with identical stats, but it's three entries in the code. The three buildings are each only supposed to be accessible and used by one type of empire, regular organics, hive mind organics, and machines.

Turns out, the problem is exclusively with machine empires. Regular organics and hive minds work just fine, both using their respective buildings and keeping them just fine. But, somehow, machine empires do not have access to their own building, they somehow got access to the regular organics' building. Which means that somehow a machine empire simultaneously passed both the potential and destroy_trigger checks. The only thing I can think of is somehow the is_mechanical_empire check is not working, either it's an insufficient check or just straight up giving wrong answers. And, in fact, my Determine Exterminator Robot test empire can somehow access the Exotic Zoo if given the fauna (they normally can't even go looking for fauna), but not access the Sanctuary. Which makes sense since the Sanctuary has a 'is_regular_empire = yes' check, while the Zoo doesn't.

So, bottom line:

- Machine empires are accessing the wrong Wild Pleasure Reserve. (they're accessing the regular organics one)

- Once built, the Machine empire trips the 'is_regular_empire = no' check in the destroy_trigger and the building is leveled at the start of the month.

- I have no idea how to fix this.

• 2 weeks later...

Has anyone else ever run into a problem where the event submenu is empty?

Edit:  OK i did some testing with Wild Lascivity being the only mod enabled and there is still nothing in the event submenu.  Im at a loss as to what it could be thats causing it.