Okay, so I made sure not to turn off the special interactions policy, and I have a planet with Mother's trophy, Breeders, and caretaker complex, but now I'm not getting any events - deaths or population increase. Is there a way to see if the event is proccing in the console, or something? :/

3 hours ago, DrStrangeLover said:

Okay, so I made sure not to turn off the special interactions policy, and I have a planet with Mother's trophy, Breeders, and caretaker complex, but now I'm not getting any events - deaths or population increase. Is there a way to see if the event is proccing in the console, or something? :/

example.png.ab9600001638f9922b7f5b9d5f702f22.png
if you haven't touched anything, the next conditions and that structure are required.

-That Building
-Any xeno pop with Livestock for Mating/Mother´s Trophy Job
-Control Limit Pop set to No Limit Policy (This apply for Xenos)

-Allow Special Interactions Policy

IF POP LIMIT IS SET TO 25/50 YOU NEED TO USE THIS:example2.png.32366bd790a54fcc20e9c431315aae4a.png
First Option is like using Ban Special Interactions on the planet only.

1 hour ago, DrStrangeLover said:

Oh, so the limit of 25 is 25 total pops, not 25 xeno pops? Okay, gotcha! Alright, I think I have it working now. XD

That is a little confusing though. And maybe "No Limit" should be the default, so people don't end up in this situation so much? :/

No no, that controls only xeno pops, the policy set on 25/50 causes events to be drastically reduced.
but policy seemed like your problem.

The default is selected by the AI, so changing the default would change what the AI uses.example.png.7d590c9eb862c3d098b64f11fdea5651.png

Yeah, it seems the limit was the problem. How drastic a reduction are we talking about? Cause with the limit, I get, like, one event at most and then it just stops, and without it I get them every few months. Are you sure it only counts xeno pops? Cause it definitely seems like it stops events after 25 pops total. :/

11 hours ago, DrStrangeLover said:

Yeah, it seems the limit was the problem. How drastic a reduction are we talking about? Cause with the limit, I get, like, one event at most and then it just stops, and without it I get them every few months. Are you sure it only counts xeno pops? Cause it definitely seems like it stops events after 25 pops total. :/

I explained that in other comment:
1.  If I remember correctly it is 90% reduction (i know, to high), so you will get almost nothing. But anyway you have the planetary option to ignore that reduction and even the xeno population limits.
2. The policies takes time to take effect on interactions when activated, the event you get is part of a previous instance. Since the event runs in cycles of days without restrictions. So i think you really get nothing when its activated.

Soo, i will adjust some numbers on the next update.

13 hours ago, lordaldazar said:

So apparently fauna keep raping my colonies multiple times a month. Bug?

Pls  upload a screenshot of the event.
If you have not activated anything, it is not possible for such an event to occur in this mod. And less multiple times..

But I do not doubt that it is a bug.

Well, I got my pops growing! Holy shit, you can get a population explosion if you're not careful. I'd suggest turning down the number of pops the event gives you to 1, instead of 3, and maybe turn the frequency down a bit. It's a little nuts as it is. XD

Edit: Actually, I'm going to edit my mod files to make this happen. I'll tell you how it goes. :/

Edit Edit: Yeah that makes things a lot more reasonable. The event is still kinda spammy, though. Not sure what to do about that. XD

• 3 weeks later...

I love this mod, but for some reason it's causing a game-breaking crash when used in conjunction with some other mods: a few months in, whenever I'd select a planet and go to planet-view or scroll over the technologies changed by the mod, the game would just flat-out CTD immediately. No warning, no anything, just a fast crash. Maybe it's an update thing, idk, I'm not a modder, the only thing I have to go on is the red exclamation mark in the modlist.

I've got a similar issue to Timebomber, but I don't know if it's completely related.

I get this issue in the error log.

I'm trying to find the leng_tech somewhere, if it exists or not, in other mods or in the basegame.

[22:06:30][trigger_impl.cpp:15335]: has_communications: Invalid target country 'event_target:zinara_country_target' at  file: events/MAT_LV_Zinara_contact_events.txt line: 1329
[22:06:32][texturehandler.cpp:167]: Texture Handler encountered missing texture file: gfx/interface/icons/technologies/leng_tech_regress_civ.dds
[22:06:33][texturehandler.cpp:313]: Couldn't find texture file: gfx/interface/icons/technologies/leng_tech_regress_civ.dds.

Edit: Right, so it seems like it's Species Engineering that's causing the issue, testing atm.

Edit2: It's the SSX Species Engineering that's causing the issue that I had.

However the Zinara_contact_event might need fixing though. xD

I was with strange symptoms the last days, anyway I have already uploaded a new version.

Some fixes, balancing and expanded minor features. Added an advisor and WL Mod Menu.

Eventually I will take up this project further, I had many ideas and many things that I wanted to implement but were still incomplete.
Please report problems so I can do my best.

21 hours ago, The Lustful Spirit said:

I was with strange symptoms the last days, anyway I have already uploaded a new version.

Some fixes, balancing and expanded minor features. Added an advisor and WL Mod Menu.

Eventually I will take up this project further, I had many ideas and many things that I wanted to implement but were still incomplete.
Please report problems so I can do my best.

Oh noes you've got the Snu Fever !
Do you have plans to add a building about breeding with the exotic fauna ?
It's purpose would be to produce exotic fauna.
Unless you've already added it in this update and I did not notice.
Also thanks for the update.

3 hours ago, Dadicho said:

Oh noes you've got the Snu Fever !
Do you have plans to add a building about breeding with the exotic fauna ?
It's purpose would be to produce exotic fauna.
Unless you've already added it in this update and I did not notice.
Also thanks for the update.

I already added special buildings with jobs in the previous version but not like you say.
I plan to add some "special interactions" for that. So to be able to produce fauna.  :)

On 7/17/2020 at 2:33 AM, The Lustful Spirit said:

I was with strange symptoms the last days

What?! No-no, please, take are good rest and damn, just stay safe, ok? I am so in stress right now:(
Oh, and also, big thank you for update, you just wonderful person!

5 hours ago, churubin said:

i hid the exotic creatures decisions in the options, but when i click to show them, they don't appear again, can you help please?

The text program I used auto corrected "remove_country_flag" to "remove_planet_flag" for some lines in the MAT_LV_options_events.txt file.
MAT_LV_options_events.txt

Command to make it appear without menu:
>First select anything that belongs to you
effect owner = { remove_country_flag = SYSTEM_wl_hidden_exotic_fauna_decisions }

4 minutes ago, The Lustful Spirit said:

The text program I used auto corrected "remove_country_flag" to "remove_planet_flag" for some lines in the MAT_LV_options_events.txt file.
MAT_LV_options_events.txt

Command to make it appear without menu:
>First select anything that belongs to you
effect owner = { remove_country_flag = SYSTEM_wl_hidden_exotic_fauna_decisions }

Many thanks :v
I was looking at the file to see if i could find something, but i had no idea what to look for

• 2 weeks later...

Could this mod either get an options menu, or respect the vanilla LV menu options to hide event popups?

My empire is pretty big, causing so many popups all the time that I can't really play the game anymore. LV lets me hide its popups while keeping the events enabled, but WL sadly doesn't.

Thanks in advance, I hope it isn't too big of a hassle but it would make this mod all the more playable.

Anyway, great content, keep up the good work :D