9 hours ago, Cheri Song said:

Canonically, tentacle monsters don't "speak." They simply command their slaves with raw intention. This is the reason the different tentacle broods have different lingua franca -- each brood is interpreting the Masters' will through the lens of their former human culture.

Personally I'm happy with the current state of tentacle names and it really tickles me pink that Fucktoy is a normal name for girls in a tentacle brood. You're always free to make your own submod for Tentacled Dreams if you don't like it.

For all we know, humans mistranslated the tentacle monsters' names for the girls.  Prolly projecting their Freudian slips.  ?

I've been pondering this for sometime as part of a way to "design" tentacle monsters into a player's game. 

I'll call it The Player Targeted  Tentacle Invasion of a Realm Decision.  It'd be an Intrigue menu decision.

1. It can be taken anytime without limit after the game has been started up.

2. What it does is target a specific realm for a tentacle invasion much like Prepared Invasion and just as powerful. 

3.  Player can choose the starting tentacle religion for the invasion - Dagonic, Submissionist or Lilithid.

4.  Player can choose whether the invasion is automatically successful or let it play out as usual.

5. Upon victory, the tentacle invasion automatically converts every province of the conquered realm with the appropriate holding changes like automatically creating tentacle lairs, obelisks, etc according to religion. OR you can let it play out like normal.

6.  It'd be easier to design a world to your taste since the decision has no range limitations, nor is there any limitations on how many realms you can inflict the decision on instead of randomizing the location every time you try to roll up a randomized world.  Best of all, it'd work in historical games too for a little more fun.

7. I know you can do more or less the same with Alaa's Cheat Menu, but the difference is that it creates/converts to the tentacle holdings automatically which ACM doesn't do.  And it'd convert the holders to tentacle monsters or tentacle slaves which ACM doesn't do either. Plus you get to do it in a single press of a button.

6 hours ago, Celedhring said:

I've been pondering this for sometime as part of a way to "design" tentacle monsters into a player's game. 

I'll call it The Player Targeted  Tentacle Invasion of a Realm Decision.  It'd be an Intrigue menu decision.

This is already possible from a historical start if you use the Tentacle Brood game rule to convert a realm into a tentacle brood, then switch to another character. Actually making this feature would be a lot of work and wouldn't be intuitive for a lot of players to use, so it's going to have to take a back seat to other features for now.

One thing I've had issues with it that there seems to be very little opportunity for spreading actual tentacle cultism. Tentacle Slaves tend to mostly act as normal characters of their religion when it doesn't come to actual tentacle sex and AI characters don't really convert unless you're doing the secret cult thing which stops working the moment you convert publicly.

Might it be an idea to add an event to the potential transformation that gives a character the secret tentacle religion if certain conditions are met?

Thinking something like:

Character has tentacle slave trait already.

One of the tentacle cult prophet global flags exists.

Any independent ruler is openly tentacle cultist.

That way you don't get tentacle cultists running around everywhere on their own, but it does allow the cult to spread after it's established somewhere. Also it allows for a play style where you spread corruption without necessarily having to control everything personally. Maybe also add an option for tentacle monsters to convert tentacle slaves to a tentacle cultist religion instead of vassalizing them.

v3.5 "My Life with Tentacles" - 22 March 2020

Compatible with saved games from v3.4 and up.

Cheri Scripting Library and Tentacled Dreams Images have been updated, remember to download both.

New Features

• Female Tentacle Cultist rulers can now use the "Commission Tentacle Cultist Jewels" decision to start an event chain similar to "Hire a Smith." This creates a unique set of tentacle-themed artifacts, and (of course) invites a cute lesbian character to your court who you can romance.

• The adoption of tentacle children by spouses has been streamlined and reworked. Also, when marrying, senior spouses have the option to adopt their wife's tentacle-born children into their dynasty. Thanks to ThrowAwayToThrowAway for this.

• Added a fun random event that female rulers can get if they are Christian, Muslim, or Jewish and have any level of tentacle indoctrination.

Tweaks

• Baron-tier rulers will no longer recruit tentacle retinues. This should significantly reduce late-game lag. Thanks to ThrowAwayToThrowAway for the fix.

• Capped the scaling cost of many fertility festival decisions to make them more worthwhile for players with very high income.

• Tentacle monsters can now only convert to a different tentacle religion via decision once in their lifetime.

• Reduced the requirement for the "Infest New Realms" ambition from 5 offensive wars to 3.

• The tentacle empires will now show with pagan CoA frames when not created.

Bug Fixes

• Fixed tentacle combat tactics being available to armies that didn't have tentacle warbeasts.

• Characters will no longer flee your court after the tentacle depopulation event if they have a job title (such as your Chinese bureaucrats) or if they are a special character (such as the mystic from the immortality event chain).

On 3/22/2020 at 8:03 PM, Armin487 said:

One thing I've had issues with it that there seems to be very little opportunity for spreading actual tentacle cultism. Tentacle Slaves tend to mostly act as normal characters of their religion when it doesn't come to actual tentacle sex and AI characters don't really convert unless you're doing the secret cult thing which stops working the moment you convert publicly.

This will be handled with more depth in a future update.

I started as a landless tentacle monster. After I took a kingdom, my primary demesne title converted religion and culture rather quickly with the mod events. My other provinces... have not. Is there some sort of event that's supposed to trigger for the other events? The tentacle depopulation modifier has almost run out and the event that converts them seems to need that modifier. I looked at the event and cant understand why it isn't triggering for my other provinces.

On 3/21/2020 at 10:02 AM, Cheri Song said:

Thanks for the praise Megaduck!

Late-game lag is unfortunately a common issue with Paradox games and you get them even with no mods enabled. If you have a very large realm, or a lot of tentacle monsters in the realm, they could be causing lag. I've tried my best to fix the most egregious sources of lag but you have to accept that the game is going to chug after a while.

Yup, I think it was just to far into the late game. I used console commands to kill every tentacle monster which didn't solve the problem and when I checked the number of characters it was showing I have 500,000 living and dead which was probably causing the issue.  

I managed to succeed Italy into it's own tentacle empire and then abandoned that game.  

I've installed a performance Mod and will start over. ?

One question, is it possible to write events for when you capture a province?  

One of the Tentacle Holy sites was in Rome and I noticed that the game didn't really react when I kicked out the Bishop of Rome and installed a tentacle cultist in his place.  I was wondering if it was possible to write an event where the ruler corrupts the Apostolic palace in an orgy or converting it to a tentacle temple or something.

I love this mod.  I Installed CK2 just to play Tentacle Dreams and I am glad I did. :)  

44 minutes ago, ForgottonLore said:

I don't know what i'm doing wrong, but I can't get this mod to work.. or rather show up in game. 

Did you install Cheri Scripting Library, Tentacle Images, and Tentacle Dreams? Without knowing exactly what you tried to install and if it was to the CK2 mod folder or not, I have no way of diagnosing your issue.

7 hours ago, ForgottonLore said:

I have them all in the mods folder, but for some reason I can't find it in game. 

Do you have the folders in the mod folder or do you have the mods?

Also, be sure you call it the 'mod' folder and not 'Mods' or anything like that.  

It should be,

User\Documents\Paradox Interactive\Crusader Kings II\mod

You should have the following files in your User\Documents\Paradox Interactive\Crusader Kings II\mod:

Cheri - Tentacled Dreams (folder)

Cheri - Tentacled Dreams Images (folder)

Cheri Scripting Library (folder)

Cheri - Tentacled Dreams.mod

Cheri - Tentacled Dreams Images.mod

Cheri Scripting Library.mod

And they should be ticked on in your Mods tab in your CK2 launcher client which should list all the mods in your CK2 mod folder.

Hello. First, let me add my humble voice to all the praise for this mod - it's worth all that and more. Love It.

Tentacled Dreams is perhaps the slickest and best written adult CKII mod out there. Lot's of content, lot's of playability and fairly adequate stretch of interesting events for at least a couple of generations. Awesome, really.

I might have a couple of fixworthy issues, that, hopefully, can be addressed without much trouble in some future update:

1. Reports on monarchs revealead as enjoying 10T sex are still inacurate (reports on lower tier rulers are OK). In my last playthrough Duke of Verona (innocent male) was repoted as openly deviant instead of his liege, the Queen of Lombards. A decade or so later Duke of Thessalia (innocent male again) was reported as depraved 10T whore instead of his liege the Basilissa of Byzantine Empire. I think this was supposed to be fixed in some earlier update, but it's still present in my game with "latest everything" (Mar 25).

Admittedly, this is very minor issue. It's rather fun, really, to get those notifications in game and raise your eyebrow in mock "you don't say!" suprise. :)

2. There's a minor problemette with pressing mindbroken slaves into service. This, as we all know, costs you some hatred from most non 10T religions. Not that we care that much about them, but said mindbroken slaves then get stolen from you in a matter of days! This happens because futas use their own marriage system (originating in LF, right? - the vanilla won't allow same sex marriages). The problem is that futas never ask your permission to marry your courtiers - they just steal them at will. This is rather irritating. Imagine total strangers stealing all our inflatable love dolls - totally reprehensible! A simple permission dialog for slave's owner (liege) should fix this.

I also have some questions for those that have more experience playing brainwashed 10T slave path from the beggining:

- Is there a way to avoid creating secret 10T society first (and becoming its herald automatically)? I don't mind doing that, but sometimes I like to play more passive and naive characters that get dragged into events instead of causing them. Yet, whenever I play (even with very conservative mod settings) nobody creates Dagonic Society before my character. If I stubbornly refuse to create it, then it's just stays uncreated despite some known pervy monarchs having enough prestige (and time) to create it. Is this intentional or am I missing something?

- What use aforementioned mindbroken slaves are of?

- What is the purpose of inviting a 10T monster to your court? I expected it to cause some serious havoc (especially with not completely brainwashed lady courtiers), but the one I got was very docile. Should I marry it? I noticed I could marry it matrilinearly, but is there a point in that? I know it would cause even more outrage among non-10T-religious, but should I really do this? The status and dynasty of my kids wouldn't change anyway - or am I missing something important there too?

Thanks for reading and, hopefully, answering some of this. Long live our 10T masters! :)

On 3/26/2020 at 6:53 PM, vienastoks said:

I also have some questions for those that have more experience playing brainwashed 10T slave path from the beggining:

- Is there a way to avoid creating secret 10T society first (and becoming its herald automatically)? I don't mind doing that, but sometimes I like to play more passive and naive characters that get dragged into events instead of causing them. Yet, whenever I play (even with very conservative mod settings) nobody creates Dagonic Society before my character. If I stubbornly refuse to create it, then it's just stays uncreated despite some known pervy monarchs having enough prestige (and time) to create it. Is this intentional or am I missing something?

- What is the purpose of inviting a 10T monster to your court? I expected it to cause some serious havoc (especially with not completely brainwashed lady courtiers), but the one I got was very docile. Should I marry it? I noticed I could marry it matrilinearly, but is there a point in that? I know it would cause even more outrage among non-10T-religious, but should I really do this? The status and dynasty of my kids wouldn't change anyway - or am I missing something important there too?

Thanks for reading and, hopefully, answering some of this. Long live our 10T masters! :)

- So far as I understand the issue, Cheri wants us to be more active and thus avoids letting the AI create the society. And also because becoming Herald is linked to a bloodline.

- I use mindbroken slaves as daughter factories when I play as a TM. I don't really have a use for them as a human.

- I can't find a use for TMs as a human ruler either … the explanation for them being docile is that your presence comforts them or something like that.

2 hours ago, sataniccatholic said:

- So far as I understand the issue, Cheri wants us to be more active and thus avoids letting the AI create the society. And also because becoming Herald is linked to a bloodline.

- I use mindbroken slaves as daughter factories when I play as a TM. I don't really have a use for them as a human.

- I can't find a use for TMs as a human ruler either … the explanation for them being docile is that your presence comforts them or something like that.

I wouldn't mind realms been taken over by a tentacle monster during a play though but they seem to be rare events and don't usually last long as the other ai characters tend to destroy them also tentacle invasion or raids don't seem to happen.

I have an issue with downloading the files for tentacled dreams and the Cheri Scripting Library. For all files related to them, upon download a notification pops up that tells me that my computer does not have the proper app associated with it for performing this action. The file also shows up in the downloads not as a zipped file, but as a 7Z file, but copying it to my ck2 mod folder does not register. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

On 3/23/2020 at 12:48 AM, sybreal said:

I started as a landless tentacle monster. After I took a kingdom, my primary demesne title converted religion and culture rather quickly with the mod events. My other provinces... have not. Is there some sort of event that's supposed to trigger for the other events? The tentacle depopulation modifier has almost run out and the event that converts them seems to need that modifier. I looked at the event and cant understand why it isn't triggering for my other provinces.

The events are intended to be relatively rare after your capital converts. This is to make it a proper challenge to hold on to the territory you conquer. You can speed up the conversion rate by creating vassal concubinages, and you can reset the depopulation modifier by winning offensive wars.

On 3/23/2020 at 10:37 PM, Megaduck01 said:

One of the Tentacle Holy sites was in Rome and I noticed that the game didn't really react when I kicked out the Bishop of Rome and installed a tentacle cultist in his place.  I was wondering if it was possible to write an event where the ruler corrupts the Apostolic palace in an orgy or converting it to a tentacle temple or something.

This is planned for a future update.

Hello. First, let me add my humble voice to all the praise for this mod - it's worth all that and more. Love It.

Tentacled Dreams is perhaps the slickest and best written adult CKII mod out there. Lot's of content, lot's of playability and fairly adequate stretch of interesting events for at least a couple of generations. Awesome, really.

Thank you!

1. Reports on monarchs revealead as enjoying 10T sex are still inacurate (reports on lower tier rulers are OK).

I will look into this. I've probably mixed up a scope somewhere.

2. There's a minor problemette with pressing mindbroken slaves into service. This, as we all know, costs you some hatred from most non 10T religions. Not that we care that much about them, but said mindbroken slaves then get stolen from you in a matter of days! This happens because futas use their own marriage system (originating in LF, right? - the vanilla won't allow same sex marriages). The problem is that futas never ask your permission to marry your courtiers - they just steal them at will. This is rather irritating. Imagine total strangers stealing all our inflatable love dolls - totally reprehensible! A simple permission dialog for slave's owner (liege) should fix this.

I have no input in Luxuria Fantasia, and my own marriage mod Extended Marriage doesn't have this issue. Ask lockeslylcrit to fix it instead.

Is there a way to avoid creating secret 10T society first (and becoming its herald automatically)? I don't mind doing that, but sometimes I like to play more passive and naive characters that get dragged into events instead of causing them. Yet, whenever I play (even with very conservative mod settings) nobody creates Dagonic Society before my character. If I stubbornly refuse to create it, then it's just stays uncreated despite some known pervy monarchs having enough prestige (and time) to create it. Is this intentional or am I missing something?

AI is intentionally less likely to found the secret cult at the beginning of the game, so that players have a chance to found the cult and get the bloodline. It is more likely if any ruler has already openly converted to tentacle worship.

They're mainly for flavor, but you can use them as baby factories or extra wives.

What is the purpose of inviting a 10T monster to your court? I expected it to cause some serious havoc (especially with not completely brainwashed lady courtiers), but the one I got was very docile. Should I marry it? I noticed I could marry it matrilinearly, but is there a point in that? I know it would cause even more outrage among non-10T-religious, but should I really do this? The status and dynasty of my kids wouldn't change anyway - or am I missing something important there too?

The decision is mainly there for flavor, since there's no reason you wouldn't be able to invite a tentacle monster to court. Tentacle monsters will ravish women on their own, the event just happens relatively infrequently for performance reasons.

8 hours ago, Theotherseven said:

I have an issue with downloading the files for tentacled dreams and the Cheri Scripting Library. For all files related to them, upon download a notification pops up that tells me that my computer does not have the proper app associated with it for performing this action. The file also shows up in the downloads not as a zipped file, but as a 7Z file, but copying it to my ck2 mod folder does not register. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

You have to extract the archive using 7zip. You would know this if you had read the installation instructions.