22 hours ago, MagnaSonic3000 said:

I also find it funny that apparently Dagon is feminist? And that Submissionists are legit slaves where they have no freedom at all. At least it seems to imply by the heresy that Dagon is a form of feminist religion where the women have more power than if they were part of the heresy. I mean I guess it makes sense, if all your kids are tentacle children with no real dad, then it forces you to only birth daughters, meaning no men (or they'd be rare as fuck) would ever show up in your court. It's just funny to me.

Women have a purpose, men are competition, and the monsters broach no competition nor have the patience for governance.

I actually keep imagining Lilithid would make an amazing basis for an Enatic Clans heresy - ambitious women exploiting the text that shows the supremacy of women in Lilith permits them governance of the tentacle realms and the indifferent monsters are more than willing to allow it and it allows all to further marginalize the worthless men.  However, it starts falling apart with the weird power structures it creates (especially with the +1000 approval bonus towards TMs) and how you remove the brood succession stuff.  I'm hoping Cheri has a plan for Lilithid to make it more differentiated from Dagon

7 hours ago, forgottenlord said:

Women have a purpose, men are competition, and the monsters broach no competition nor have the patience for governance.

I actually keep imagining Lilithid would make an amazing basis for an Enatic Clans heresy - ambitious women exploiting the text that shows the supremacy of women in Lilith permits them governance of the tentacle realms and the indifferent monsters are more than willing to allow it and it allows all to further marginalize the worthless men.  However, it starts falling apart with the weird power structures it creates (especially with the +1000 approval bonus towards TMs) and how you remove the brood succession stuff.  I'm hoping Cheri has a plan for Lilithid to make it more differentiated from Dagon

Lilithid has nothing to do with enatic clans or ambitious women, though. It's basically just a way of meshing human mysticism with the dagonic religion. It's what you get when the esoteric personality who wants to see a bigger truth in everything gets the literal truth (in this case the dagonic teachings) slapped right into their face. They will still see bigger truths in everything and try to make weird connections.

I was actually planning on making a submod that has some sort of ideological underpinnings, dubbed "Tentacle Ideology", but currently I have other plans. Basically, the idea was that there would be some sort of caste system, with the priestesses at the top, and in charge, tentacle monsters in the middle and regular tentacle slaves at the bottom. The problem is that it needs a lot of fine-tuning to get right, and the current mod hardly uses any precision instruments that would allow for adjustments. Those opinion modifiers on TM are sledgehammers and they make messing around with the power dynamic really hard.

I mean, for starters, you'd need to retool all of the tentacle monster events and abilities, because the priestesses surely would  need to have a means to defend themselves from tentacle monster assaults. Currently, it's already way too easy for the player to mindbreak every single councilor and regent for a rival TM, which would leave their state attribute total at 0 and cripple their economy and military completely because the AI fails to swap them out. But that's only if the player chooses to do so and the AI will rarely mindbreak low level rulers. Now imagine if the female ruler is actually a rival to the TM, with a differing religion, some conquest ambitions and some raiding modifiers. I don't know how exactly the decision to mindbreak is made for the AI, but I know that they can mindbreak people they don't like. And even if they can't do it, the player can. So if those female-centric tentacle states were to have any chance, you'd need to implement a mechanic, whereby the priestesses can defend themselves from advances by rival swarm's tentacle monsters. I thought of an interesting system, whereby a priestess would marry their firstborn tentacle monster (it just seems like something they would come up with as a tradition) and that tentacle monster would then act as a bodyguard and any TM that wants to abduct, break or rape her would need to fight that bodyguard TM first. Without such a mechanic, a takeover by the priestesses is a pipe dream because the neighboring submissionist swarm would just abduct, kill or mindbreak their leadership and then easily conquer or vassalize them...

Honestly, I feel like the biggest problem with the mod at the moment is that the mindbreak mechanic kind of breaks the game in half. The second biggest problem is that there is nothing to do for tentacle monsters other than constantly fighting against the whole world or waiting for their threat level to decay.

10 hours ago, Wily Rodent said:

Honestly, I feel like the biggest problem with the mod at the moment is that the mindbreak mechanic kind of breaks the game in half. The second biggest problem is that there is nothing to do for tentacle monsters other than constantly fighting against the whole world or waiting for their threat level to decay.

I mean there's nothing that says CK2 has to play like Total War, some people literally just sit on a Kingdom or even Duke role for like half the game because they can't grow any bigger than what they are, and they just try to grow a powerful dynasty with what land they got.

6 hours ago, MagnaSonic3000 said:

I mean there's nothing that says CK2 has to play like Total War, some people literally just sit on a Kingdom or even Duke role for like half the game because they can't grow any bigger than what they are, and they just try to grow a powerful dynasty with what land they got.

Yeah... That plays into my original statement. Sitting on your ass and improving the realm is not interesting as a tentacle monster.

Self-improvement falls out of the window because you are incapable and your own stats don't matter. Which leaves us with appointing a good regent with good stats.

Firstly, there are no viceroyalities, so you will have to manually revoke your "regent duchy", whenever you want to give land to your regent so that they can benefit from having access to councillors and foci, which might improve their stats... And you will want to give them land anyway because they have good stats.

Secondly, even if you find a good regent who will give your brood good base stats, they will invariably commit suicide at the age of 40 and you will have to find a new one, meaning in the best case scenario, you will have to do this every 24 years.

Raising a dynasty falls out of the window because the stats of your male offspring don't matter because they are incapable and the stats of your female offspring don't matter because you can just poach females with good stats from rival nations. For dynasty-building, there would need to be some events that let you influence the development of your daughters and your wives would need to stop secretly ditching their daughters and leave the decision whether to keep the daughter to their liege.

Then there would be some actual reason to seek out females with good genetical traits for breeding, but right now you get a couple of dice rolls and then they will decide to hide all their babies from you.

On 4/29/2020 at 8:11 PM, Wily Rodent said:

Lilithid has nothing to do with enatic clans or ambitious women, though. It's basically just a way of meshing human mysticism with the dagonic religion. It's what you get when the esoteric personality who wants to see a bigger truth in everything gets the literal truth (in this case the dagonic teachings) slapped right into their face. They will still see bigger truths in everything and try to make weird connections.

Let's wait for WoG on this, but explanation can go both ways. Cheri did state that TMs don't really have an interest in running the realm properly, so Lilithids can be seen as those driven over the edge by Dagonic teachings, or ambitious women twisting the situation in their favor.

I was actually planning on making a submod that has some sort of ideological underpinnings, dubbed "Tentacle Ideology", but currently I have other plans. Basically, the idea was that there would be some sort of caste system, with the priestesses at the top, and in charge, tentacle monsters in the middle and regular tentacle slaves at the bottom.

So tentacle cult mashed with Hinduism? That could work.

I thought of an interesting system, whereby a priestess would marry their firstborn tentacle monster (it just seems like something they would come up with as a tradition) and that tentacle monster would then act as a bodyguard and any TM that wants to abduct, break or rape her would need to fight that bodyguard TM first. Without such a mechanic, a takeover by the priestesses is a pipe dream because the neighboring submissionist swarm would just abduct, kill or mindbreak their leadership and then easily conquer or vassalize them...

Legit point, and it finally gives a reason for tentacle cultists to marry tentacle monsters. Honestly, I think this mechanic should be available for Dagonics too.

I endorse your TM bodyguard "patch", and with some other limits:

TMs will not - cannot - enact mindbreak without certain opinion modifiers (e.g rival, traitor etc, for sheer balance reasons);

TMs can only mindbreak their own courtiers and prisoners;

And most importantly, mindbreak is severely limited by diplo distance.

This all put together should stop mindbreak sprees breaking the game.

As for conquest and nothing else … don't you hold fertility festivals?

23 hours ago, rookie189 said:

Can the Dagon heresies randomly pop up like Cathar or Waldanesian do for Catholics? Or does that only work for vanilla religions?

Yes. Matter of fact, if you try hard enough to spread Dagonic without boosting MA too much (like tentacle invasion), you should end up with quite a lot of heretic counties.

14 hours ago, Wily Rodent said:

Self-improvement falls out of the window because you are incapable and your own stats don't matter. 

Yes, I am also troubled by this fact. It seems very strange when WoG says TMs are hyper-intelligent yet operate on hilariously low stats.

My proposal for this is that tentacle monsters grow in size as they age, making them stronger and smarter too.

On 4/28/2020 at 12:40 PM, forgottenlord said:

You're a sex-addled addict unable to control your own urges and robbed entirely of your former sensibilities.  The tentacle monsters don't care about the offspring of humans so long as there are enough slaves to fuck so the merrily break their slaves without really worrying about the genetic ramifications.

As WoG has it, inbred-ness is not a problem for TMs at all.

I think I found some kind of bug.

The game somehow spawned some tentacle beasts of the R'lyeh dynasty with no parents, and whenever I kill one new tentacle beasts of the R'lyeh dynasty with no parents spawn to replace them.

I thought they were being born somehow so I killed their wives too and they still kept spawning. It's like a hydra, they keep coming back in greater numbers.

On 4/28/2020 at 6:26 AM, forgottenlord said:

CK2 has a concept of "effective age" which for immortals is the age you became immortal.... and for everyone else, your actual age.  The 40 limit is actually against the effective age.

good to know, does is also works with the luxuria elves (there are also noticed as immortal ... ?

3 hours ago, CaCO3 said:

good to know, does is also works with the luxuria elves (there are also noticed as immortal ... ?

There are some problems inherent with immortal characters. Basically, depending on how they became immortal, their effective age might be ridiculously high. Like if you generate a random world and seed it with immortal races, generated characters will have the age they were generated at as their effective age, so you will end up with a bunch of eternally 50-year-olds.

Is there a way to mod your brood's native portraits? I'd like to change it to something different from byzantine, so I wonder if it's as simple as, for example, changing a "byzantine" variable to "basque" or whatever else.

v3.7 "Hashtag Not My Emperor" - 3 May 2020

Compatible with saved games from v3.4 and up.

New Features

• Added the Install Tentacle Monster faction. If an independent ruler is intolerant of tentacles, their tentacle-loving vassals can start this faction to oust them from power in favor of a tentacle monster.

Tweaks

• Increased the default maximum age for tentacles from 40 to 45. This is to mirror the fertility cut off in CK2 base game, and to make sustaining tentacle cults and tentacle realms less annoying when your fellow tentacle slaves keep abdicating to the breeding pits instead of helping you grow the cult.

• Tentacle slaves can no longer join a Slay Tentacle Monster faction.

• Being Cynical no longer prevents a tentacle cultist from flipping to tentacle culture.

Bug Fixes

• Spouses will no longer be surprised by a pregnancy over 9 months if they know you're a tentacle slut.

• Fixed fertility festival event chain stalling if the host dies halfway through.

• Fixed some localization issues.

On 5/1/2020 at 7:32 AM, pseudosis said:

I think I found some kind of bug.

The game somehow spawned some tentacle beasts of the R'lyeh dynasty with no parents, and whenever I kill one new tentacle beasts of the R'lyeh dynasty with no parents spawn to replace them.

I thought they were being born somehow so I killed their wives too and they still kept spawning. It's like a hydra, they keep coming back in greater numbers.

These tentacle monsters are probably being invited to court by tentacle slaves.

On 5/2/2020 at 7:21 AM, huthut said:

Is there a way to mod your brood's native portraits? I'd like to change it to something different from byzantine, so I wonder if it's as simple as, for example, changing a "byzantine" variable to "basque" or whatever else.

Tentacle broods are not supposed to have ethnicities associated with them. The portraits in ruler designer are non-canonical.

On 5/2/2020 at 7:21 AM, huthut said:

According to my playthrough, if you start as invasion, the portraits of your brood are decided by the ruler you click on before you enter the game. Being fond of German faces but wanting to play the Mediterranean game, I end up clicking on the Duke of Carinthia quite often.

5 hours ago, Cheri Song said:

Tweaks

• Increased the default maximum age for tentacles from 40 to 45. This is to mirror the fertility cut off in CK2 base game, and to make sustaining tentacle cults and tentacle realms less annoying when your fellow tentacle slaves keep abdicating to the breeding pits instead of helping you grow the cult.

Despite still being a hard limit, I guess an extension like this is still welcome. I don't know, but perhaps capable tentacle slaves should be like "I need to keep the realm running for my masters" and go on to 50-ish while less capable ones decide to indulge in lust and abdicate early.

5 hours ago, Cheri Song said:

Tentacle slaves can no longer join a Slay Tentacle Monster faction.

Wait, this was a thing? Too bad I missed it ...

Hi Cheri, does Tentacled Dreams do something "under the hood" during the fifteenth day of a month? I've had problems with my game where during the fifteenths day of a month (doesn't happen every month) it freezes my game for around 20 seconds where i can only move my cursor.

Loading the game at the start of the month & Closing the game just after it happens, this line was repeated 134410 times in error.log

Spoiler

[triggerimplementation.cpp:8241]: Script Assert! assert: "false && "Wrong Scope in CHasBuildingTrigger!"", type: "none", location: " file: common/scripted_triggers/tentacle_scripted_triggers.txt line: 397"

The number at the end goes between 397 & 439. In tentacle_scripted_triggers.txt those lines are about tentacle buildings if that helps.

This may have nothing to do with my freezing, but i thought i'd ask just incase.

I hope this in the future has a naturist trait, along with naked law system, imo it would fit pretty well into it. But I would be already happy with naturist one.

Unfortunely I'm still new to the console, but if in the future a naturist/nude trait is applied, if I somewhat can understand it decently I may adapt events where the tentacles rip the clothes.

22 hours ago, 1tomadeira said:

I hope this in the future has a naturist trait, along with naked law system, imo it would fit pretty well into it. But I would be already happy with naturist one.

Unfortunely I'm still new to the console, but if in the future a naturist/nude trait is applied, if I somewhat can understand it decently I may adapt events where the tentacles rip the clothes.

Can't really understand what you're trying to say. Mandatory nakedness enforced by humans should be its own mod and not dragged into Tentacled Dreams.

On 5/4/2020 at 11:02 PM, asger999 said:

Hi Cheri, does Tentacled Dreams do something "under the hood" during the fifteenth day of a month? I've had problems with my game where during the fifteenths day of a month (doesn't happen every month) it freezes my game for around 20 seconds where i can only move my cursor.

Loading the game at the start of the month & Closing the game just after it happens, this line was repeated 134410 times in error.log

Hide contents

[triggerimplementation.cpp:8241]: Script Assert! assert: "false && "Wrong Scope in CHasBuildingTrigger!"", type: "none", location: " file: common/scripted_triggers/tentacle_scripted_triggers.txt line: 397"

The number at the end goes between 397 & 439. In tentacle_scripted_triggers.txt those lines are about tentacle buildings if that helps.

This may have nothing to do with my freezing, but i thought i'd ask just incase.

This is very odd as I don't get that problem on my game. Are you on the latest version of CK2 (3.3.2)?

On 5/3/2020 at 9:07 AM, sataniccatholic said:

Despite still being a hard limit, I guess an extension like this is still welcome. I don't know, but perhaps capable tentacle slaves should be like "I need to keep the realm running for my masters" and go on to 50-ish while less capable ones decide to indulge in lust and abdicate early.

Perhaps if they carry the ambitious or other RP-consistent traits, they resist the call in favor of their own glory.

6 hours ago, Cheri Song said:

This is very odd as I don't get that problem on my game. Are you on the latest version of CK2 (3.3.2)?

Yeah, the launcher says V3.3.2 in the top right. And im using the latest Tentacled Dreams. I'm guessing it's not a conflict either as im only using common updated mods from loverslab, which would mean more people would have the problem and report it?

On 5/7/2020 at 3:04 AM, sataniccatholic said:

Can't really understand what you're trying to say. Mandatory nakedness enforced by humans should be its own mod and not dragged into Tentacled Dreams.

I've just mentioned it as way of delivering and sacrifice towards tentacles, as submission. I mean, there is an event about having clothes with cum already, you grab that and use the clothing/naked system.

I never wanted to mean a naturist mod by itself, but only something along with the mod plot. As a breeder, as submissionist, and showing the body perfection. The mod itself already removes scars, so the body should be a thing to be shown and be proud of. That was the goal.

I just want to say this is a great mod in my opinion. There isn't a massive amount of content like some of CK2's total conversions, and a lot of it is "repetitive" but what content is there is good quality, so repetitive isn't a negative in this case. Playing as both the monster and the slave is interesting. The religions are varied and interesting also. Good stuff, thanks and keep up the good work!