[mod] Sexbound Defeat

13 minutes ago, Sparten593 said:

Ok. well that was the list of all the mods i have installed... So any other ideas? Do they perhaps just not like me? XD

My only hunch would be to update to the latest defeat if you haven't yet, and make sure that these options aren't the ones i read were marked as "being bugged".

Checking your past posts, i don't see a log, kinda expected you'd have sent one by now, since you haven't, i can't tell you if there is a error in the logs about this issue or if it's even something new.

I honestly don't mess much with defeat because of how strict Starbound is about data-access, and how it loves to error if done incorrectly, causing the infamous invincibility bug.

20 minutes ago, red3dred said:

My only hunch would be to update to the latest defeat if you haven't yet, and make sure that these options aren't the ones i read were marked as "being bugged".

Checking your past posts, i don't see a log, kinda expected you'd have sent one by now, since you haven't, i can't tell you if there is a error in the logs about this issue or if it's even something new.

I honestly don't mess much with defeat because of how strict Starbound is about data-access, and how it loves to error if done incorrectly, causing the infamous invincibility bug.

Well i was gonna send the log when the error happens again so you guys don't have to sift through hours of logs. I just kinda reported the bug and then continued playing. (first time playing the game). But i am on the latest version of sexbound and defeat. (updated today). And i didn't get the invincibility bug anymore.

EDIT: I just went back in. Did the act with a hostile ai, pregnant, attacked me, disconnected to grab log. Hope it helps. (also hope its the right file)

starbound.log

Edited by Sparten593
2 hours ago, Sparten593 said:

Well i was gonna send the log when the error happens again so you guys don't have to sift through hours of logs. I just kinda reported the bug and then continued playing. (first time playing the game). But i am on the latest version of sexbound and defeat. (updated today). And i didn't get the invincibility bug anymore.

EDIT: I just went back in. Did the act with a hostile ai, pregnant, attacked me, disconnected to grab log. Hope it helps. (also hope its the right file)

Hmm, i see no error. Lemme confirm, i know it used to work if:
Defeat NPC by dealing damage directly to them.
If NPC is already pregnant, you don't need to do the do.
Break the Sexnode (The point at their feet that takes damage).

If they are still aggressive afterwards, then the feature is borked. But yeah, it only works/triggers if you defeat them in the first place.

2 minutes ago, red3dred said:

Hmm, i see no error. Lemme confirm, i know it used to work if:
Defeat NPC by dealing damage directly to them.
If NPC is already pregnant, you don't need to do the do.
Break the Sexnode (The point at their feet that takes damage).

If they are still aggressive afterwards, then the feature is borked. But yeah, it only works/triggers if you defeat them in the first place.

I did. I defeated and made an entire prison facility pregnant. And because they stayed hostile i even locked them all in individual cells. So far not even one enemy tried to become friends. And i am also sure i did all those things you listed. So i guess some update borked it?

3 hours ago, Sparten593 said:

I did. I defeated and made an entire prison facility pregnant. And because they stayed hostile i even locked them all in individual cells. So far not even one enemy tried to become friends. And i am also sure i did all those things you listed. So i guess some update borked it?

Some update borked it. The request the change the hostile enemy to switch to the 'friendly' team is made when it respawn, but something else is making a request to change it to the 'enemy' team immediately afterwards.

I have recently been thinking about an execution system, using defeat mechanisms 

you Defeat an enemy, 

1.they will be cuffed (just like in bounty missions), judging this is sexbound i doubt there is much to be done about sexnode thing

2.and you can perform an execution animation to get better rewards

3.that or sending them to horny jail,

is it possible?

5 hours ago, SOP311 said:

I have recently been thinking about an execution system, using defeat mechanisms 

you Defeat an enemy, 

1.they will be cuffed (just like in bounty missions), judging this is sexbound i doubt there is much to be done about sexnode thing

2.and you can perform an execution animation to get better rewards

3.that or sending them to horny jail,

is it possible?

Starbound has status effects already for arresting. Check those out in the unpacked files and see if they'd work.

8 hours ago, Locuturus said:

Starbound has status effects already for arresting. Check those out in the unpacked files and see if they'd work.

my coding skills are by the best part potato, just wanted to pitch the idea out there

On 6/17/2019 at 12:26 PM, hahafuckno said:

Right im an idiot, apparently dungeon NPCs are completely different from normal ones so the mod actually doesnt work in Dungeons...

shit does this not work in shit like space? that explains some things, bummer

2 hours ago, kodamant said:

shit does this not work in shit like space? that explains some things, bummer

It's not that the NPCs are different. It's that Starbound doesn't give the player character the ability to disable tile protection within a dungeon programatically.

Just curious but I'm having issues adding dialogue to Defeat's config file (sexbound-defeat.config). Each time I've tried to add something, my .log file tells me that it could not load Defeat's config file. Aside from changing a few values to true from false, I added some dialogue just to see if it'd work. I'll upload both my log and config if that'll help. Adding the dialogue seems to be what bricks it, so I'm not exactly sure what I should do to add it properly. Also on another note, is there a way to change how often defeat works? Can't seem to get villager type NPCs to turn into defeated nodes when enemy NPCs kill em.

starbound.log sexbound-defeat.config

Edited by Dude4231
54 minutes ago, Dude4231 said:

Just curious but I'm having issues adding dialogue to Defeat's config file (sexbound-defeat.config). Each time I've tried to add something, my .log file tells me that it could not load Defeat's config file. Aside from changing a few values to true from false, I added some dialogue just to see if it'd work. I'll upload both my log and config if that'll help. Adding the dialogue seems to be what bricks it, so I'm not exactly sure what I should do to add it properly. Also on another note, is there a way to change how often defeat works? Can't seem to get villager type NPCs to turn into defeated nodes when enemy NPCs kill em.

starbound.log 116.06 kB · 1 download sexbound-defeat.config 2.43 kB · 1 download

2 problems:

the community of Frackin universe tends to hate adult oriented mods, so much to tend to make updates just to add incompatibilities with sexbound, which is probably why you have these 2 errors:

Line 400: [04:50:55.713] [Error] Could not apply patch from file /behaviors/npc/merchant.behavior.patch in source: ..\mods\sexbound.  Caused by: (JsonPatchException) Could not apply patch to base. (JsonPatchException) Could not apply operation to base. (TraversalException) Index 2 out of range in pathApply("/root/children/2/children/1/children/0")
    Line 401: [04:50:55.724] [Error] Could not apply patch from file /behaviors/npc/lounger.behavior.patch in source: H:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\workshop\content\211820\729480149\contents.pak.  Caused by: (JsonPatchException) Could not apply patch to base. (JsonPatchException) Could not apply operation to base. (TraversalException) No such key 'children' in pathApply("/root/children/0/children/0/parameters/range")

2nd problem, and the actual answer you are looking for:

there must be a comma between every element of an array, otherwise the game will think that 2 separate strings or values are in the same element, and it cannot have that happening.

attached is a fixed version of the file to stop that error about the config file, you can compare the differences if you want

sexbound-defeat.config

Edited by ptmc2112
39 minutes ago, ptmc2112 said:

2 problems:

the community of Frackin universe tends to hate adult oriented mods, so much to tend to make updates just to add incompatibilities with sexbound, which is probably why you have these 2 errors:

Line 400: [04:50:55.713] [Error] Could not apply patch from file /behaviors/npc/merchant.behavior.patch in source: ..\mods\sexbound.  Caused by: (JsonPatchException) Could not apply patch to base. (JsonPatchException) Could not apply operation to base. (TraversalException) Index 2 out of range in pathApply("/root/children/2/children/1/children/0")
    Line 401: [04:50:55.724] [Error] Could not apply patch from file /behaviors/npc/lounger.behavior.patch in source: H:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\workshop\content\211820\729480149\contents.pak.  Caused by: (JsonPatchException) Could not apply patch to base. (JsonPatchException) Could not apply operation to base. (TraversalException) No such key 'children' in pathApply("/root/children/0/children/0/parameters/range")

2nd problem, and the actual answer you are looking for:

there must be a comma between every element of an array, otherwise the game will think that 2 separate strings or values are in the same element, and it cannot have that happening.

attached is a fixed version of the file to stop that error about the config file, you can compare the differences if you want

sexbound-defeat.config 2.44 kB · 0 downloads

Got it, thanks man. Not sure if FU has been updated lately, but for a mod with the acronym FU, they really seem to not like fucking if that's the case. Also I feel really dumb for not realizing that comma issue. Really should go and learn a programming language or at least some fundamentals that'll help understand that kind of syntax(?) stuff. Thanks again.

On 7/31/2021 at 8:30 PM, Dude4231 said:

Got it, thanks man. Not sure if FU has been updated lately, but for a mod with the acronym FU, they really seem to not like fucking if that's the case. Also I feel really dumb for not realizing that comma issue. Really should go and learn a programming language or at least some fundamentals that'll help understand that kind of syntax(?) stuff. Thanks again.

I don't think they done this to break mods on purpose, but they're making changes to the AI behavior files in a haphazard way that is going to break many other mods. There may need to be a patch mod that gets loaded as the last mod just so their massive AI changes can be wrapped by Sexbound. 

1 hour ago, Locuturus said:

I don't think they done this to break mods on purpose, but they're making changes to the AI behavior files in a haphazard way that is going to break many other mods. There may need to be a patch mod that gets loaded as the last mod just so their massive AI changes can be wrapped by Sexbound. 

Hm, I see. I wonder how that would work since I'm very unfamiliar with modding Starbound in general. All I really have messed with is editting the configuration files you've left in the src.zip files. I wonder if it'd be a simple patch mod that works in general as long as villager behavior isn't modfied further by FU or it'd need to be updated whenever FU gets updated.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Will it bork anything to mess with the "handleApplyDamageRequest" function in sexbounddefeat.lua to add this right before the "isSuicide()" case handling?

-- I'm just interested in the player being defeatable honestly.
if not self:isPlayer() then
  self:tryToDie()
  return {}
end

Any better way to do it otherwise?

I'm not familiar at all with Starbound modding and Sexbound's inner working, but from what I could figure out from the scripts, I think this would be a pretty benign way of tackling this?

• 2 weeks later...

Is there any way to configure this mod to only trigger when the player dies to a humanoid enemy? I can't seem to set it up to run like that, as far as I can tell.

Edit, 10/23/21:

To add on to this, I've set up my sexbound-defeat.config file to this:

Spoiler

/*
    Defeated Monster Timeout.
    This can be a positive integer or a range like so [30, 60]. Default = 60 
  */
    "defeatTimeoutMonster" : 0, 

/*
    Defeated NPC Timeout.
    This can be a positive integer or a range like so [30, 60]. Default = 60 
  */
  "defeatTimeoutNPC"    : 0,

/*
    Defeated Player Timeout.
    This can be a positive integer or a range like so [30, 60]. Default = 30
  */
  "defeatTimeoutPlayer" : 30,

This seems to have only slightly worked. When I defeat humanoid enemies, they'll commonly just appear naked without saying anything, and either linger for ~30 seconds before vanishing on their own, or immediately blink out of existence if I damage them enough once they're naked. As far as I can tell, my character is still able to be defeated and sex-noded by humanoid NPCs, since I've died a few times to them and heard the "ding" (but apparently took damage so rapidly that I just died before anyone could touch me, so I'm still working on this... without sacrificing my Pixels for research).

Am I doing something wrong in regards to the humanoid NPCs? I'd like to have it so strictly just my character getting killed triggers the "defeat" penalty. No NPC/not-my-character "defeating" at all.

Edit, 10/31/21:

Looking at the .zip file contents, I'm seeing a bunch of configuration files that either mention or directly revolve around both the NPC and monster parameters. I'm sure that there's a way to rewrite things here to fully disable the game from even processing NPC/enemy defeats, and specifically only trigger when the player gets defeated.

...but, I'm not exactly a coding expert. Anyone around here good with this sort of thing that might be able to lend me a hand (or just rewrite this manually to only function for player defeats, if at all possible)?

Edited by V-XXX
Added more details to my question.

theres a bug of not being able to properly convert pregnant hostile npcs to be friendly. theres no invincibility bugs whatsoever, only the aforementioned bug in my case. ive already adjusted the .config file as needed be. ive also tested the gameplay with only the main sexbound mod and this defeat addon (and had them reinstalled with the newest version), had every other mods i have temp removed, and started a new game, only to have the bug still bugging me (pun intended). im currently totally lost on how to fix it.

new edit: it turns out that you have to let defeated hostiles' sexnode expire by themselves for them to get wololo'ed. was shooting at their feet to make things short, didnt happen like that in previous versions tho

Edited by Wulfe3127
  • 1 month later...

okay so I'm pretty new here and I need some help, I couldn't find anything about this so I decided to ask here. So after taking enough damage from a monster my character just dies, a sexnode isn't placed and hasn't been placed throughout the whole time I've played with this. Also after some scrolling through here I saw mention of a mosnter bcoming your ally or something but this has never happened to me and onstead it stays there still as a sexnode until the timer runs out, no matter what I do. I don't know if I'm the only one who does thi but I have to unpack every .pak file I get, like a strange urge to, so I don't have any .pak files, is that what's causing the problem? because all the other unpacked .pak files work completely fine

6 hours ago, NS965 said:

okay so I'm pretty new here and I need some help, I couldn't find anything about this so I decided to ask here. So after taking enough damage from a monster my character just dies, a sexnode isn't placed and hasn't been placed throughout the whole time I've played with this. Also after some scrolling through here I saw mention of a mosnter bcoming your ally or something but this has never happened to me and onstead it stays there still as a sexnode until the timer runs out, no matter what I do. I don't know if I'm the only one who does thi but I have to unpack every .pak file I get, like a strange urge to, so I don't have any .pak files, is that what's causing the problem? because all the other unpacked .pak files work completely fine

Nope, the hostiles turning into friendlies is a cut feature for now.

As for it not working properly on players, i believe that should work? There maybe a number of mods overwritting it. Ones that come to mind off the top of my head are SBG Races, and in some cases FU.

4 hours ago, red3dred said:

Nope, the hostiles turning into friendlies is a cut feature for now.

As for it not working properly on players, i believe that should work? There maybe a number of mods overwritting it. Ones that come to mind off the top of my head are SBG Races, and in some cases FU.

Oh, well I did have FU previously installed but I (am pretty sure I) followed the steps correctly, I unistalled the contents of the Universe and Player folder in storage, unless im supposed to delete the folders themslves, and most of (except the workshop mods) I got from the two sexbound heart item on the mods section, and the only workshop mods I have I know work with it because theres a sexbound compatible for it. but maybe it might be one of (or more of) the mods, many tabs, nobvakid hair and brands, madtulips spacship mod, modules in a box and lastly race traits. Also somewhere in the config for it (or well the one that makes monsters compatible with it) says that pregnate cretures will becom friendly or something, unless it's just useless. Also are cretures i defeated supposed to stay as a sexnode until the timer runs out even after aving sex with them

Edited by NS965
1 hour ago, NS965 said:

Oh, well I did have FU previously installed but I (am pretty sure I) followed the steps correctly, I unistalled the contents of the Universe and Player folder in storage, unless im supposed to delete the folders themslves, and most of (except the workshop mods) I got from the two sexbound heart item on the mods section, and the only workshop mods I have I know work with it because theres a sexbound compatible for it. but maybe it might be one of (or more of) the mods, many tabs, nobvakid hair and brands, madtulips spacship mod, modules in a box and lastly race traits. Also somewhere in the config for it (or well the one that makes monsters compatible with it) says that pregnate cretures will becom friendly or something, unless it's just useless. Also are cretures i defeated supposed to stay as a sexnode until the timer runs out even after aving sex with them

Woah slow down your trucking there,  let's read that more sentenced shall we?

1 hour ago, NS965 said:

Oh, well, I did have FU previously installed but I (am pretty sure I) followed the steps correctly.

I unistalled the contents of the Universe and Player folder in storage, unless im supposed to delete the folders themslves, and most of (except the workshop mods) I got from the two sexbound heart item on the mods section, and the only workshop mods I have I know work with it because theres a sexbound compatible for it.
But maybe it might be one of (or more of) the mods, many tabs, nobvakid hair and brands, madtulips spacship mod, modules in a box and lastly race traits.
Also somewhere in the config for it (or well the one that makes monsters compatible with it) says that pregnate cretures will becom friendly or something, unless it's just useless.

Also are cretures i defeated supposed to stay as a sexnode until the timer runs out even after aving sex with them

• Well, listing your mods by word of mouth is nice and all but, yeah, it doesn't help much here. It sounds like you unninstalled FU correctly, and even then, it shouldn't cause this kind of issue if it's no longer installed.
  • Not all mods listed under the Sexbound mods section, in the "Customizer UI" are actually up to date. Heck, Teratophilia is technically outdated as something random changed in the API without warning and now it prevents monsters from working on dedicated servers. Still trying to work on the update for that by the way.
  • Though, i haven't seen Race Traits in action, and it could very well be the cause, though, if that's the mod i'm thinking of, i doubt the creator would let it slip like that.
  • And yes, the feature that pregnant hostiles get converted to friendly is currently defunct, but "immortal pregnancies" is still working. So if you enable both, you'll end up with immortal hostiles. fun.
  • And yes. Interacting with the Sexnode does not change it's timer.

If you aren't satisfied with these answers, you can always try dropping your log file into the thread so me and other users can take a look. Someone more in-the-loop of new mods and Sexbound may know if Race Traits in particular is to blame, or some other currently outdated mod.

So, to better report issues, try providing a description of the issue and recreating the issue in-game, then providing a log file.

To find the log file, it should be within your Starbound installation directory, then the storage folder. You should see a text file named starbound.log (Or simply starbound, a plain text file). Paste it into your response as a attached file, or use PasteBin, whichever you prefer. Then users can look into your issues with the necessary information at hand.

<Just please don't post the whole thing as text here>

Edited by red3dred
Fixing muh grammer