[mod] Sexbound Defeat

On 5/7/2021 at 8:12 PM, Grunsk said:

I tried this mod again after some time, and I think I solved the invincibility bug. Unfortunately, other bugs still remain, but that's for another time, since I just spent 5+ hours on this. :P

You were certainly on the right track. It didn't appear to be an invalid hostile ID, but rather, the hook for `Sexbound:Config:Retrieve` was never actually registered for monsters, it seems. There were no patches being applied for monsters in Sexbound (base), from what I could see. So I added files to patch the monsters in base Starbound, which was a bit of a pain. Probably a big pain if I wasn't able to use the Linux terminal (`find` made it easy to track which monster files should be added).

In the core Sexbound mod, you should add a file for every monster, in their appropriate directory, with `.patch` appended to the filename (so it will become e.g. `floki.monstertype.patch`), containing the following text:

[
    {
      "op" : "add",
      "path" : "/baseParameters/scripts/-",
      "value" : "/scripts/sexbound/override/monster.lua"
    }
]

If you do that for every monster, the message/hook will be processed correctly. Unfortunately, this made me actually die when killed by a monster, rather than being stripped naked and bent over.

Sexbound Defeat apparently also wasn't applying their monster scripts to the monster configuration files. Duplicate the folder structure from Sexbound to Sexbound Defeat, except all those files within Sexbound Defeat must contain the following:

[
    {
      "op" : "add",
      "path" : "/statusSettings/primaryScriptSources/-",
      "value" : "/stats/sexbound/monster_primary.lua"
    }
]

Now the monsters strip me naked. They just don't bend me over, for some reason. And, if I kill a monster, now I can bend them over, even though they're invisible for some reason. Could be a mod conflict, tbh.

Unfortunately, unlike NPC type entities, Monster type entities don't appear to have a base configuration file they all call from, which is why creating these files for every single monster is necessary. As far as I know, at least.

That said, I'm not even an intermediate Lua user, and this is my first taste of messing about with Starbound mods, so correct me on these things if I'm wrong, but these additions seem to take me somewhere, at least.

I've added the necessary files for Core Starbound's monsters in the included archive, including the required folder structure. Simply unzip the contents to your Sexbound and Sexbound Defeat mod folders as appropriate (The contents of `sexbound` go in Sexbound's folder and the contents of `sexbound-defeat` go in Sexbound Defeat's folder). If you have any monsters added by mods, you should do the above steps manually for them.

starbound_monster_configurations.zip 417.89 kB · 31 downloads

Don't know if it's worth noting, but I combined Mushano's defeat.lua with the monster configurations in Grunsk's post, started a new save, and as soon as a randomly generated monster hits me, the player character becomes invincible. Additionally, energy refuses to regenerate even after quitting to title screen and loading back in. I have absolutely no idea how this is happening.

Edit: Alright, I got this to work fairly seamlessly. HUGE props to Grunsk for doing a massive amount of legwork on this.

His additions to the Sexbound API folder and Defeat folders fix the feedback loops in the code. No more invincibility bug, no more energy regeneration being stuck at zero.

I noticed though, that the creatures that -do- have support would freeze, become bugged, and die on the spot shortly after spawned on a world. Since Grunsk basically added all creatures en masse, I just took out the ones that are supported so there wasn't a conflict.

My game is working after adding one 'monster' folder to the Sexbound API main folder, and the other to the Teratophilia Defeat main folder that contains .patch files for any creature not already supported by the teratophilia mod.
I'm uploading the changed folders. Just replace your API and TeratoDefeat .paks/folders with these folders as the readme explains.

As Grunsk has said, modded creatures may still break your game, and will need to be added with a similar process manually. Thankfully, you should be able to copy/paste the code and file structure from his fix and monster folder of the mod in question, replace the creature names in the lua as the name of the .patch file, and voila, bug avoided. You may need to know how to unpack .pak files to do this. Link below will help with that.
https://community.playstarbound.com/threads/how-to-successfully-pack-and-unpack-pak-files.66649/

My only issue now is that you effectively cannot die as long as you can become a sexbound interaction node, since any creature newly supported from the base game will put you in a sex node state even if they don't mount you. Mushano's fix would account for that, but including it reintroduces invincibility and no energy regen once more. Having a death event fallback would be nice, but I'm not sure how to go about it, and I'm happy enough that the mod is at least functional.

Terato-Defeat Invincibility Bug Fix v1.0.7z

Edited by Xorath
Updated download to correct version
  • 2 weeks later...
On 6/16/2021 at 3:19 AM, Xorath said:

Don't know if it's worth noting, but I combined Mushano's defeat.lua with the monster configurations in Grunsk's post, started a new save, and as soon as a randomly generated monster hits me, the player character becomes invincible. Additionally, energy refuses to regenerate even after quitting to title screen and loading back in. I have absolutely no idea how this is happening.

Edit: Alright, I got this to work fairly seamlessly. HUGE props to Grunsk for doing a massive amount of legwork on this.

His additions to the Sexbound API folder and Defeat folders fix the feedback loops in the code. No more invincibility bug, no more energy regeneration being stuck at zero.

I noticed though, that the creatures that -do- have support would freeze, become bugged, and die on the spot shortly after spawned on a world. Since Grunsk basically added all creatures en masse, I just took out the ones that are supported so there wasn't a conflict.

My game is working after adding one 'monster' folder to the Sexbound API main folder, and the other to the Teratophilia Defeat main folder.
I'm uploading the changed folders. Just replace your API and TeratoDefeat .paks/foldes with these folders as the readme explains.

As Grunsk has said, modded creatures may still break your game, and will need to be added with a similar process manually. Thankfully, you should be able to copy/paste the code and file structure from his fix and monster folder of the mod in question, replace the creature names in the lua as the name of the .patch file, and voila, bug avoided. You may need to know how to unpack .pak files to do this. Link below will help with that.
https://community.playstarbound.com/threads/how-to-successfully-pack-and-unpack-pak-files.66649/

My only issue now is that you effectively cannot die as long as you can become a sexbound interaction node, since any creature newly supported from the base game will put you in a sex node state even if they don't mount you. Mushano's fix would account for that, but including it reintroduces invincibility and no energy regen once more. Having a death event fallback would be nice, but I'm not sure how to go about it, and I'm happy enough that the mod is at least functional.

Terato Defeat Fixes.7z 2.69 MB · 29 downloads

I have tried to pack the file, I can't, can you just upload the file packed so I can put them in my mods folder please ?

On 6/27/2021 at 1:58 AM, Shynasha said:

I have tried to pack the file, I can't, can you just upload the file packed so I can put them in my mods folder please ?

You don't need the file to be packed, you just need to drop the folders in your mods folder. The game reads these folders the same way it reads .pak files.

Edited by Xorath
On 6/29/2021 at 5:37 AM, Xorath said:

You don't need the file to be packed, you just need to drop the folders in your mods folder. The game reads these folders the same way it reads .pak files.

Okay so the game seem to recognized to mod, but, sex don't work, the defeat system as well. (Not even for ennemy, they just die.)

Edit: Okay, so it seem like all the sex scene are just getting deleted. The monster seem to go in sexnod when they die (Even tho it became much more rare?), but sex whith then just lead to you and the monster becoming invisible, and the sleep healing effect appear too. (Couldn't screen thanks Windows.)

Edit 2: And, i can add that the invincible bug remain...

Edited by Shynasha
7 hours ago, Megumin. said:

so this mod is a buggy mess that isn't worth the trouble?

Still worth playing, only thing that don't work is you being defeated and getting in a non-consual intecourse. Sometime it's a bit buggy too with ennemy, humanoid one, but yeah, at least try it, someone gonna fix it one day for sure, I hope.

10 hours ago, Shynasha said:

Still worth playing, only thing that don't work is you being defeated and getting in a non-consual intecourse. Sometime it's a bit buggy too with ennemy, humanoid one, but yeah, at least try it, someone gonna fix it one day for sure, I hope.

Sadly, I tried that mod last year and had the invulnerable bug. I didn't check the thread and just downloaded it last time. Now, I decided to read about it and it sounds like my problem was a common one and it's been like this for a while now... I'm not interested in raping. I prefer being the victim so that kinda defeats the purpose of downloading it again knowing this now.

On 7/6/2021 at 7:11 AM, Shynasha said:

Okay so the game seem to recognized to mod, but, sex don't work, the defeat system as well. (Not even for ennemy, they just die.)

Edit: Okay, so it seem like all the sex scene are just getting deleted. The monster seem to go in sexnod when they die (Even tho it became much more rare?), but sex whith then just lead to you and the monster becoming invisible, and the sleep healing effect appear too. (Couldn't screen thanks Windows.)

Edit 2: And, i can add that the invincible bug remain...

Right, so I took a look at the files and found that the issues you're having are because I uploaded the wrong fix. (I went through many attempts to get it to work.) The previous one didn't work because creatures already supported got patched, and they didn't need to be. I'll change the file so that the version I have working in my game is uploaded.
Sorry about that! The issues you were having were the exact things I was working to fix!

Also, as far as monsters not supported by Teratophila causing the bug still: I'm not going to create compatibility patches for every monster addon out there, but it's possible to patch monsters causing the bug yourself by adding their monster folders to an unpacked sexbound folder and unpacked Teratophilia defeat folder in the same way the fix I've posted does. I will include monster folder examples so you can more easily look at what's really in the fix, as well as a readme.txt that explains how to patch new monsters in so that they don't make you invincible.

This is a quick and dirty patch until defeat is truly fixed (and the creators of these mods have stated that this is a lower priority than other features at this time). Please let me know if the new download in my post above does not work.

Edit: Updated the download in the post above to have the correct file format so that the fix works.

The download in THIS POST is only to help you see how new monsters can be patched to not cause the invincibility bug.

Defeat Fix Example Folders.7z

Edited by Xorath
On 7/11/2021 at 11:38 AM, Xorath said:

Right, so I took a look at the files and found that the issues you're having are because I uploaded the wrong fix. (I went through many attempts to get it to work.) The previous one didn't work because creatures already supported got patched, and they didn't need to be. I'll change the file so that the version I have working in my game is uploaded.
Sorry about that! The issues you were having were the exact things I was working to fix!

Also, as far as monsters not supported by Teratophila causing the bug still: I'm not going to create compatibility patches for every monster addon out there, but it's possible to patch monsters causing the bug yourself by adding their monster folders to an unpacked sexbound folder and unpacked Teratophilia defeat folder in the same way the fix I've posted does. I will include monster folder examples so you can more easily look at what's really in the fix, as well as a readme.txt that explains how to patch new monsters in so that they don't make you invincible.

This is a quick and dirty patch until defeat is truly fixed (and the creators of these mods have stated that this is a lower priority than other features at this time). Please let me know if the new download in my post above does not work.

Edit: Updated the download in the post above to have the correct file format so that the fix works.

The download in THIS POST is only to help you see how new monsters can be patched to not cause the invincibility bug.

Defeat Fix Example Folders.7z 11.53 kB · 4 downloads

Okay so now I don't have the invincibility bug, but the animation are still not working...

Problem.PNG

I keeping having an issue where defeated enemies kinda become immortal. Sometimes they just stand there, sometimes they come at me and attack. Regardless, I can't kill them, as their health is already at "0", and using commands that would usually get rid of them don't work. Is anyone else getting this? Does anyone have any ideas on what to do?

Edited by SentientOrange_Fanta
11 minutes ago, SentientOrange_Fanta said:

I keeping having an issue where defeated enemies kinda become immortal. Sometimes they just stand there, sometimes they come at me and attack. Regardless, I can't kill them, as their health is already at "0", and using commands that would usually get rid of them don't work. Is anyone else getting this? Does anyone have any ideas on what to do?

It seems that restarting the game removes the broken enemy, but it's still confusing me... 

On 7/14/2021 at 5:54 AM, Shynasha said:

Okay so now I don't have the invincibility bug, but the animation are still not working...

Problem.PNG

Is the animation being triggered by a monster compatible with Teratophilia? That looks like a randomly-generated creature, which isn't supported for animations. I can't add sex support, I was only able to prevent the bug for vanilla assets. I do not know how to make them bypass defeat to kill you instead. Here are the creatures that will trigger sex scenes. Green checkmarks are fully compatible. Pink checkmarks will function, but need more work:

Teratolist.thumb.png.541888e2b50cfb38ba9ee9e1a344c47c.png

I hope to create code that will allow for a fallback option eventually. For now, this is the best solution there is.

On 7/14/2021 at 1:07 PM, SentientOrange_Fanta said:

I haven't seen that before. Sounds like the opposite problem to the bug! Are you using a race with Sexbound that isn't patched for it? It sounds like defeat isn't recognizing the player character as a valid Sexbound target.

13 hours ago, Xorath said:

Is the animation being triggered by a monster compatible with Teratophilia? That looks like a randomly-generated creature, which isn't supported for animations. I can't add sex support, I was only able to prevent the bug for vanilla assets. I do not know how to make them bypass defeat to kill you instead. Here are the creatures that will trigger sex scenes. Green checkmarks are fully compatible. Pink checkmarks will function, but need more work:

Teratolist.thumb.png.541888e2b50cfb38ba9ee9e1a344c47c.png

I hope to create code that will allow for a fallback option eventually. For now, this is the best solution there is.

I haven't seen that before. Sounds like the opposite problem to the bug! Are you using a race with Sexbound that isn't patched for it? It sounds like defeat isn't recognizing the player character as a valid Sexbound target.

It was a peblit, those are suposed to be compatbile right ?

I'd take some time to see if I could get another fix going, but I'm currently busy with a bunch of RL stuff, work included.  I do have some free time coming up, but it's looking like I'm just going to have to keep chasing down bugs and fixing this thing with every little change that's made to Sexbound's core.

If I have time to look things over I'll try to help out, but no promises.  My fix was working until updates were made elsewhere, and it's looking like the creator of the mod has no intention of implementing it or even properly updating Defeat.  Kind of a difficult situation to be in.

(Read:  In my current state, it COULD theoretically take up to a month.  Sorry, that's just how little time I have these days...)

Edited by Kaidesa
18 hours ago, Shynasha said:

It was a peblit, those are suposed to be compatbile right ?

Peblits are the small rock creatures and do not currently have sex animations. The check mark you're seeing is for the gleap. The name of each creature is above their respective pictures.

1 hour ago, Kaidesa said:

I'd take some time to see if I could get another fix going, but I'm currently busy with a bunch of RL stuff, work included.  I do have some free time coming up, but it's looking like I'm just going to have to keep chasing down bugs and fixing this thing with every little change that's made to Sexbound's core.

If I have time to look things over I'll try to help out, but no promises.  My fix was working until updates were made elsewhere, and it's looking like the creator of the mod has no intention of implementing it or even properly updating Defeat.  Kind of a difficult situation to be in.

(Read:  In my current state, it COULD theoretically take up to a month.  Sorry, that's just how little time I have these days...)

That'd be amazing. As it stands, the fix I've cobbled together from others' work addresses the issue of defeat and teratophilia running into a logic loop of trying and failing to turn the player into a node, then not disabling invincibility, but it means that incompatible creatures can turn the player into a node and then nothing happens. There's gotta be a way to get it to recognize when this happens the same way it recognizes that a node cannot be made because there's already furniture in the way, resulting in a player death instead.
If what's been done so far helps make a better fix, please use it.

On 7/15/2021 at 12:03 AM, Xorath said:

The enemies that this usually occurs with are just regular ol' humans. Does this mod have issues with large groups of enemies? I usually come across this problem when I'm dealing with NPC rescue missions or when raiding an enemy ship.  

So i seem to be having a Problem that i don't see anyone else having.
So i saw in the config file the option to "convert pregnant enemies to friends". So i set that to true and the pregnant enemies still try to kill me. I tried setting it to false to see if it changes and it doesn't. So is there a reason why that isn't working? I found a pretty decent enemy i don't wanna kill but she won't stop attacking me and then stripping once she loses all her health, doing the act, and then right back to murder mode with the "i am pregnant" dialog.

Sexbound v5.5.x users should update to the latest version of Sexbound which fixes a major game breaking bug related to NPC AI.
And then - please update to the latest version of Sexbound Defeat to see if the major issues have been resolved.
Bug reports are being entered under GitHub issues, so please include starbound.log file as part of your posts when reporting bugs.

Edited by Locuturus
On 7/16/2021 at 3:48 PM, Xorath said:

Peblits are the small rock creatures and do not currently have sex animations. The check mark you're seeing is for the gleap. The name of each creature is above their respective pictures.

That'd be amazing. As it stands, the fix I've cobbled together from others' work addresses the issue of defeat and teratophilia running into a logic loop of trying and failing to turn the player into a node, then not disabling invincibility, but it means that incompatible creatures can turn the player into a node and then nothing happens. There's gotta be a way to get it to recognize when this happens the same way it recognizes that a node cannot be made because there's already furniture in the way, resulting in a player death instead.
If what's been done so far helps make a better fix, please use it.

Sorry wrong monster, not the peblits, the gleap.

6 hours ago, Sparten593 said:

So i just tested after updating.
I died to a random monster and i did not become invincible or get the energy regen glitch. However the problem i came here for still doesn't work. Pregnant enemies are still trying to kill me. (and yes i checked the conversion to true.).

Certain other mods overwrite that. Depending on your modpack, you may find "Convert enemies" doesn't work at all.

3 minutes ago, Sparten593 said:

Ok... well I don't think i missed compatability issue...
Do you per chance know if any of these conflict with one another?

image.png

None of the mods currently there that i can tell, no. Only two mods i know interfere with it off the top of my head are the unpatched /SBG/ races, and FU. There maybe more, any mod either replacing "bmain.lua", the main NPC script, or the "damageRequest", the damage taken script, will interfere with Defeat.

6 minutes ago, red3dred said:

None of the mods currently there that i can tell, no. Only two mods i know interfere with it off the top of my head are the unpatched /SBG/ races, and FU. There maybe more, any mod either replacing "bmain.lua", the main NPC script, or the "damageRequest", the damage taken script, will interfere with Defeat.

Ok. well that was the list of all the mods i have installed... So any other ideas? Do they perhaps just not like me? XD