[mod] Sexbound Defeat

1 hour ago, red3dred said:

If you aren't satisfied with these answers, you can always try dropping your log file into the thread so me and other users can take a look. Someone more in-the-loop of new mods and Sexbound may know if Race Traits in particular is to blame, or some other currently outdated mod.

I'm assuing you mean this file? also I apologize for making the last one so long

starbound.log

Edited by NS965
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
4 hours ago, Felar said:

I know this may sound weird to ask, but is there any way to extend the stun time for Defeat? Like if I wanted the player sexnode to last from 30 seconds to 60 like the rest.

That's in the configs for the mod. You'd need the unpacked version to access the config.

8 hours ago, lllustful3 said:

I have a weird bug where my player character will always die when being "defeated". NPCs and Monsters aren't affected by this though. Any fix would be very appreciated. 

this is my first time talking on loverslab so sorry if I missed something about this issue.

Two things to note;
You have SBG races, which is known to have some files that replace the player's "damageReceived" code, and thus disables Defeat.
You seem to have an outdated Sexbound API, i see lots of Lactation Drip errors. May want to update it!

There are more mods that disable defeat, even if indirectly, so you may want to make sure they may not be causing more problems. Frackin' is one that is known to cause hit-or-miss issues with Defeat, due to them also replacing Enemy NPC AI, to allow their "Madness" thing.

On 1/24/2022 at 9:57 PM, ShoDanSilent said:

I have a question... Can i modify the chances of being transformed into a sex node? same for npcs? if yes could someone tell me how

Not a feature of Defeat by default, you'd have to rewrite it to add your own chance-calculator into the Defeat trigger.

Edited by red3dred
10 hours ago, red3dred said:

That's in the configs for the mod. You'd need the unpacked version to access the config.

Two things to note;
You have SBG races, which is known to have some files that replace the player's "damageReceived" code, and thus disables Defeat.
You seem to have an outdated Sexbound API, i see lots of Lactation Drip errors. May want to update it!

There are more mods that disable defeat, even if indirectly, so you may want to make sure they may not be causing more problems. Frackin' is one that is known to cause hit-or-miss issues with Defeat, due to them also replacing Enemy NPC AI, to allow their "Madness" thing.

Not a feature of Defeat by default, you'd have to rewrite it to add your own chance-calculator into the Defeat trigger.

damn can you tell me where to look to make a code like this im not a coder myself but im willing to try it out is there a site or tutorial about stuff like that?

1 hour ago, ShoDanSilent said:

damn can you tell me where to look to make a code like this im not a coder myself but im willing to try it out is there a site or tutorial about stuff like that?

Not really, Lua coding is just coding, there's no specific Starbound tutorials for it's coding AFAIK, much less for Defeat.

You can however compare the current version of Defeat with the "Terato Custom" version of Defeat, which has that feature for monsters written into it. That however might require unpacking mods.

4 hours ago, red3dred said:

Not really, Lua coding is just coding, there's no specific Starbound tutorials for it's coding AFAIK, much less for Defeat.

You can however compare the current version of Defeat with the "Terato Custom" version of Defeat, which has that feature for monsters written into it. That however might require unpacking mods.

ok I'll look into it ty for the help 

On 1/26/2022 at 4:45 AM, red3dred said:

Two things to note;

I see. Thank you for the help!

17 hours ago, linxlynxin said:

A surrender key might be kind of fun

Huh. Yea, I see that being totally possible.

Maybe as a tech replacement for the morph ball.

Push button on acceptable terrain to voluntarily become sex node. Push button again to regain normal state. Have both options removed if the player was legitimately defeated.

Make it a tech unlocked by default for new characters.

Or as a quest from Aphrodite for existing characters.

Of course, I can't mod worth a damn. Just spit-balling ideas.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 2/5/2022 at 11:05 AM, welp . . . said:

When my character defeated by hostile npc/monsters, it became invincible and creates a duplicate and no monsters railing the clone, and when i slashed the monsters to 0, they become invincible
Log: 

starbound.log 138.49 kB · 2 downloads

While I'm not sure what exactly the solution is, this appears to be the recurring issue as I have the exact same lines of code in my logs.

Spoiler

[13:21:41.803] [Error] Exception while invoking lua function 'update'. (LuaException) Error code 2, [string "/scripts/util.lua"]:508: attempt to get length of a nil value (local 'options')
stack traceback:
    [C]: in metamethod '__len'
    [string "/scripts/util.lua"]:508: in field 'randomChoice'
    [string "/stats/sexbound/sexbounddefeat.lua"]:155: in method 'outputVictoryDialog'
    [string "/stats/sexbound/sexbounddefeat.lua"]:173: in function <[string "/stats/sexbound/sexbounddefeat.lua"]:171>
    (...tail calls...)
    [string "/scripts/messageutil.lua"]:44: in method 'update'
    [string "/stats/sexbound/sexbounddefeat.lua"]:51: in method 'update'
    [string "/stats/sexbound/npc_primary.lua"]:15: in function <[string "/stats/sexbound/npc_primary.lua"]:14>
    [string "/sys/stardust/statusext.lua"]:23: in function <[string "/sys/stardust/statusext.lua"]:11>
[0] 7ff72270a213 Star::captureStack
[1] 7ff722708f9e Star::StarException::StarException
[2] 7ff7226dcfb1 Star::LuaEngine::handleError
[3] 7ff7228beba5 Star::LuaEngine::callFunction<float>
[4] 7ff7228c2896 Star::LuaFunction::invoke<Star::Variant<Star::Empty,bool,__int64,double,Star::LuaString,Star::LuaTable,Star::LuaFunction,Star::LuaThread,Star::LuaUserData>,float>
[5] 7ff7228c27c9 Star::LuaBaseComponent::invoke<Star::Variant<Star::Empty,bool,__int64,double,Star::LuaString,Star::LuaTable,Star::LuaFunction,Star::LuaThread,Star::LuaUserData>,float>
[6] 7ff7228ca44c Star::LuaUpdatableComponent<Star::LuaWorldComponent<Star::LuaBaseComponent> >::update<Star::Variant<Star::Empty,bool,__int64,double,Star::LuaString,Star::LuaTable,Star::LuaFunction,Star::LuaThread,Star::LuaUserData>,float>
[7] 7ff7228ca3bc Star::LuaActorMovementComponent<Star::LuaUpdatableComponent<Star::LuaWorldComponent<Star::LuaBaseComponent> > >::update<Star::Variant<Star::Empty,bool,__int64,double,Star::LuaString,Star::LuaTable,Star::LuaFunction,Star::LuaThread,Star::LuaUserData>,float>
[8] 7ff722b17de0 Star::StatusController::tickMaster
[9] 7ff722974e80 Star::Npc::update
[10] 7ff722c829ae <lambda_5251ea3b435705ab973fc9e3a86aa323>::operator()
[11] 7ff722853846 Star::EntityMap::updateAllEntities
[12] 7ff722ca4053 Star::WorldServer::update
[13] 7ff722caa0a6 Star::WorldServerThread::update
[14] 7ff722ca9a8b Star::WorldServerThread::run
[15] 7ff722706d9e Star::ThreadImpl::runThread
[16] 7ff9894d7034 BaseThreadInitThunk
[17] 7ff989642651 RtlUserThreadStart

Did you ever run into a solution since your post?

Hello Im having a issue where I have the mods (sexbound, sxb defeat, BTF Terraphilia x SXB Defeat Support, TeratoDefeat and Teratophilia) but I cant interact with the enemy and they wont die the ones that wont die are enemy npc's and the monsters also have the same problem. When I am defeated I just straight up die is there any way to fix this?

• 4 weeks later...

I dunno if this was ever mentioned before in here, but it seems that when the enemies get its health dropped below 0 by a player shuttle from Customizable Shuttlecraft mod, they turn into one of those "invincible 0 health enemy" thingimies instead of turning into a node. And as far as I could research, it seems that it has to do with the attacks that gets fired from Shuttlecraft not being on the list or something (yeah sorry, I'm real clueless when it comes to coding stuffs) so would there be any ways I could just, screw around with that "list" and add stuffs so I can safely defeat/kill enemies without having to get out of the shuttle every time there's humanoid enemies?

On 4/5/2022 at 1:54 PM, RoloDeSwigs said:

While I'm not sure what exactly the solution is, this appears to be the recurring issue as I have the exact same lines of code in my logs.

Reveal hidden contents

[13:21:41.803] [Error] Exception while invoking lua function 'update'. (LuaException) Error code 2, [string "/scripts/util.lua"]:508: attempt to get length of a nil value (local 'options')
stack traceback:
    [C]: in metamethod '__len'
    [string "/scripts/util.lua"]:508: in field 'randomChoice'
    [string "/stats/sexbound/sexbounddefeat.lua"]:155: in method 'outputVictoryDialog'
    [string "/stats/sexbound/sexbounddefeat.lua"]:173: in function <[string "/stats/sexbound/sexbounddefeat.lua"]:171>
    (...tail calls...)
    [string "/scripts/messageutil.lua"]:44: in method 'update'
    [string "/stats/sexbound/sexbounddefeat.lua"]:51: in method 'update'
    [string "/stats/sexbound/npc_primary.lua"]:15: in function <[string "/stats/sexbound/npc_primary.lua"]:14>
    [string "/sys/stardust/statusext.lua"]:23: in function <[string "/sys/stardust/statusext.lua"]:11>
[0] 7ff72270a213 Star::captureStack
[1] 7ff722708f9e Star::StarException::StarException
[2] 7ff7226dcfb1 Star::LuaEngine::handleError
[3] 7ff7228beba5 Star::LuaEngine::callFunction<float>
[4] 7ff7228c2896 Star::LuaFunction::invoke<Star::Variant<Star::Empty,bool,__int64,double,Star::LuaString,Star::LuaTable,Star::LuaFunction,Star::LuaThread,Star::LuaUserData>,float>
[5] 7ff7228c27c9 Star::LuaBaseComponent::invoke<Star::Variant<Star::Empty,bool,__int64,double,Star::LuaString,Star::LuaTable,Star::LuaFunction,Star::LuaThread,Star::LuaUserData>,float>
[6] 7ff7228ca44c Star::LuaUpdatableComponent<Star::LuaWorldComponent<Star::LuaBaseComponent> >::update<Star::Variant<Star::Empty,bool,__int64,double,Star::LuaString,Star::LuaTable,Star::LuaFunction,Star::LuaThread,Star::LuaUserData>,float>
[7] 7ff7228ca3bc Star::LuaActorMovementComponent<Star::LuaUpdatableComponent<Star::LuaWorldComponent<Star::LuaBaseComponent> > >::update<Star::Variant<Star::Empty,bool,__int64,double,Star::LuaString,Star::LuaTable,Star::LuaFunction,Star::LuaThread,Star::LuaUserData>,float>
[8] 7ff722b17de0 Star::StatusController::tickMaster
[9] 7ff722974e80 Star::Npc::update
[10] 7ff722c829ae <lambda_5251ea3b435705ab973fc9e3a86aa323>::operator()
[11] 7ff722853846 Star::EntityMap::updateAllEntities
[12] 7ff722ca4053 Star::WorldServer::update
[13] 7ff722caa0a6 Star::WorldServerThread::update
[14] 7ff722ca9a8b Star::WorldServerThread::run
[15] 7ff722706d9e Star::ThreadImpl::runThread
[16] 7ff9894d7034 BaseThreadInitThunk
[17] 7ff989642651 RtlUserThreadStart

Did you ever run into a solution since your post?

Same here and now I ask you the same question...

starbound.log

• 2 weeks later...