[mod] Sexbound Defeat

On 10/11/2020 at 12:57 AM, Kaidesa said:

There is a fix for it.  If you read a few pages back you'd know I wrote one, and that it works for most people.  

sounds nice!

I'll be happy to test this. Im running a crapload of sex mods, so debugging is an issue.

EDIT: it seems at one point this may have sorted out the issue generated, but it did not work for me this time. grain of salt with this as im running a ton of mods.

I found at least one that is incompatible, and removing it improved stability but every once in a while either the player charactor actor would not turn into a node and become invinicble, or the defeated target would become invincible.

tough to pin this down. F in chat.

• 2 weeks later...

I downloaded the SCR version of the file, and noticed that if the player is defeated they just die like normal. I remember in the PAK version, it was set up where upon player defeat, they'll turn into a node.

I was wondering how to reenable the feature? It doesn't look like player defeat is on by default, but I have no idea which file I need to edit or how to edit it.

On 10/23/2020 at 12:12 AM, Slickbutter said:

I downloaded the SCR version of the file, and noticed that if the player is defeated they just die like normal. I remember in the PAK version, it was set up where upon player defeat, they'll turn into a node.

I was wondering how to reenable the feature? It doesn't look like player defeat is on by default, but I have no idea which file I need to edit or how to edit it.

The player character will turn into a node for the mob that kills them.  As far as I can tell, this is still the default behavior - and I just did a clean install of the game and the mods required to get Defeat working.  Usually, though, this causes the player to become invulnerable, especially if the thing that killed you isn't supported.  Teratophilia will help make MOST enemies compatible with Defeat.

If you're using my patch and Teratophilia is not installed, this is expected behavior.  If you turn into a node and no supported mob grabs you within three seconds, the player will die instead.  This was the only way to stop the player from becoming invulnerable without changing the majority of the original mod.

16 hours ago, Kaidesa said:

The player character will turn into a node for the mob that kills them.  As far as I can tell, this is still the default behavior - and I just did a clean install of the game and the mods required to get Defeat working.  Usually, though, this causes the player to become invulnerable, especially if the thing that killed you isn't supported.  Teratophilia will help make MOST enemies compatible with Defeat.

If you're using my patch and Teratophilia is not installed, this is expected behavior.  If you turn into a node and no supported mob grabs you within three seconds, the player will die instead.  This was the only way to stop the player from becoming invulnerable without changing the majority of the original mod.

Yeah, that sounds about right, but what killed me was a human bandit on an asteroid base. I'm sure they should be supported.

As for if my character turned into the node, that's the strange thing about it. The humans did say their lines when they win the encounter, but the player character just dies immediately. Not even giving them a second. So I assumed that there's something weird about the SRC version I downloaded, which was only about 2 days ago.

Perhaps I should go back to using the PAK version? I downloaded the SRC wondering what I can modify about it.

so i crossread some recent posts and i get some strange stuff aswell:

- a hostile NPC was defeated, i did not interact with them any further and after a while they were fully healed, could not take any damage and were attacking me again.

beaming out and returning resulted in them beaming out as they were supposed to. (location: avian tomb)

- sometimes, defeated hostile NPCs get taken advantage of by other hostile NPCs during fights (happens every so often)

- in the latter case, hostile defeated NPCs can get pregnant by other hostile NPCs. the pregnant NPC doesn't beam out and the hostile NPC attacks them and the player. (seen that twice already)

- NPCs in missions are enabled and the above problems sometimes occur to them aswell

can you add a switch ingame to enable/disable the scripts? so the palyer could chose to not allow them while on a mission?

also some NPCs become sexbound objects and others just beam out once defeated. icould not recognize a pattern there yet.

could use some help this was working fine until recently it started to make enemies invincible and just keep attacking me i can still use the lewd weapons to make them a node but when i defeat them normally they become invincible and cant be killed this is the only error that seemed to pop out from the log.

[Error] Exception while invoking lua function 'applyDamageRequest'. (LuaException) Error code 2, [string "/scripts/util.lua"]:508: attempt to get length of a nil value (local 'options')
stack traceback:
    [C]: in metamethod '__len'
    [string "/scripts/util.lua"]:508: in field 'randomChoice'
    [string "/stats/sexbound/sexbounddefeat.lua"]:188: in method 'outputVictoryDialog'
    [string "/stats/sexbound/sexbounddefeat.lua"]:138: in function <[string "/stats/sexbound/sexbounddefeat.lua"]:107>
    (...tail calls...)
[0] 7ff75dcea213 Star::captureStack
[1] 7ff75dce8f9e Star::StarException::StarException
[2] 7ff75dcbcfb1 Star::LuaEngine::handleError
[3] 7ff75e0e1805 Star::LuaEngine::callFunction<Star::DamageRequest>
[4] 7ff75e0e2966 Star::LuaFunction::invoke<Star::List<Star::DamageNotification,std::allocator<Star::DamageNotification> >,Star::DamageRequest>
[5] 7ff75e0e2828 Star::LuaBaseComponent::invoke<Star::List<Star::DamageNotification,std::allocator<Star::DamageNotification> >,Star::DamageRequest const & __ptr64>
[6] 7ff75e0ed208 Star::StatusController::applyDamageRequest
[7] 7ff75df4bedd Star::Npc::applyDamage
[8] 7ff75dde3ae8 Star::DamageManager::pushRemoteDamageRequest
[9] 7ff75e274cf1 Star::WorldServer::handleIncomingPackets
[10] 7ff75e289f7b Star::WorldServerThread::update
[11] 7ff75e289a8b Star::WorldServerThread::run
[12] 7ff75dce6d9e Star::ThreadImpl::runThread
[13] 7fff68507c24 BaseThreadInitThunk                                                                                                                     sexbounddefeat.lua
[14] 7fff68fecea1 RtlUserThreadStart

Sexbound Defeat enables monsters, NPCs, and players to fight one another with damaging weapons and effects. Upon delivering a killing blow, a defeated monster, NPC, or player will transform into a SexNode when it is possible. Otherwise, the entity will die because there are still some edge cases where Sexbound cannot always place SexNodes successfully. Players can customize their experience with this mod by editing the included sexbound-defeat.config file in the root directory of the mod.

so this basically undos all the changes of "the innocent are safe"?

13 minutes ago, DeadSomething said:

so this basically undos all the changes of "the innocent are safe"?

Anything that has it's damage team changed to "helper", such as the tutorial NPC in the starting planet, is still basically immune to combat from other sources and can only be killed by lava and such. So if that's what that mod does, then no.

Otherwise...? This mod doesn't change anything innate to the NPC's, only adds the Defeat aspect when they are killed, by players or other NPC's.

1 hour ago, DeadSomething said:

ok, so if TIAS.pak changes all typically unarmed NPCs (frög, traders in th wild etc) so they arent attacked by hostiles anymore, they would also not be available for SxBDefeat?

... i mean, yeah, you'd have Defeat installed and working but then the NPC's can't be killed so ?‍♂️

currently the opposite is the case: i have TIAS and deafeat installed, and they get attacked and get sexbound enabled.

none of my other mods seems to have any impact on who's on player team or attackable.

so after unpacling TIAS, maybe you can help with its contents:

Spoiler

deadbeatscrounger.npctype.patch

[
  {
    "op": "replace",
    "path": "/damageTeamType",
    "value": "friendly"
  }
]

frogvillager.npctype.patch

[
  {
    "op": "add",
  },
  {
    "path": "/scriptConfig/behaviorConfig/hostileDamageTeam/type",
  }
]

shadowvillager.npctype.patch

[
  {
  }
]

7 hours ago, DeadSomething said:

currently the opposite is the case: i have TIAS and deafeat installed, and they get attacked and get sexbound enabled.

none of my other mods seems to have any impact on who's on player team or attackable.

so after unpacling TIAS, maybe you can help with its contents:

Reveal hidden contents

deadbeatscrounger.npctype.patch

[
  {
  }
]

frogvillager.npctype.patch

[
  {
  },
  {
    "path": "/scriptConfig/behaviorConfig/hostileDamageTeam/type",
  }
]

shadowvillager.npctype.patch

[
  {
  }
]

Ah, so they're not set to "helper". That's annoying. Oh well, i expected they'd use the damageType that is actually not targetted by enemies, but eh, i guess not. In this case it won't make much of a difference (TIAS) since the enemy-on-friendly behaviour is still the same.

42 minutes ago, DeadSomething said:

so if i'd just change those lines, so they're "helper", would that do the trick?

image.png.6c268abdbd5c57a0a403aba974f6d7d7.png

Specifically, it seems to be "assistant". This type shouldn't be targeted by enemies nor be able to be damaged by the player at all, only liquids.

5 hours ago, DeadSomething said:

okay, will do that. now how can i achieve the same for those random scientists and other civillians in microdungeons?

Same idea, really. Just patching into the .npctype files. Knowing their names takes some work as you either gotta unpack Starbound, or just look it up.

There is a little something I just found in 2.4.0 source version of SxB Defeat. In short the file

defeat 2.4.0/stats/sexbound/monster_primary.lua

is missing the return statement in line 27. Compatible monsters like Gleaps were both immortal and capable of damaging me. After adding the return statement monsters were acting as expected again. I have attached my observations as screenshots in case my report is too confusing (I am not well versed in programming terminology).

1165533969_monster_primary.luareturn.jpg.79b8d06ad51ffc3ec2ce926644dae5a6.jpg

monster_primary.lua.jpg

npc_primary.lua.jpg

player_primary.lua.jpg

1 hour ago, WoodGolem said:

There is a little something I just found in 2.4.0 source version of SxB Defeat. In short the file

defeat 2.4.0/stats/sexbound/monster_primary.lua

is missing the return statement in line 27. Compatible monsters like Gleaps were both immortal and capable of damaging me. After adding the return statement monsters were acting as expected again. I have attached my observations as screenshots in case my report is too confusing (I am not well versed in programming terminology).

I read reports that such was the case, really our mistake, apologies. 

The change has been submitted, but i don't know when it'll be updated on here.

Hey so I was reading through some comments to try and fix my invincible enemies problem, and I came across the option for enable immortal pregnant NPCs, I switched it to false in hopes of it fixing my problem, but now Starbound won't launch and gives me an error every time I launch it when the option is set to false. Switching it back to true fixes it and allows me to play, but NPCs/monsters that are compatible cannot take damage.

starbound.log.5

5 hours ago, wingfriend said:

Hey so I was reading through some comments to try and fix my invincible enemies problem, and I came across the option for enable immortal pregnant NPCs, I switched it to false in hopes of it fixing my problem, but now Starbound won't launch and gives me an error every time I launch it when the option is set to false. Switching it back to true fixes it and allows me to play, but NPCs/monsters that are compatible cannot take damage.

Shouldn't be the case? It says here it's trying to load up a script but it's missing a "D":

[20:52:24.501] [Error] Exception while creating lua context for scripts
'('/stats/npc_primary.lua', '/scripts/vec2.lua', '/scripts/sexbound/override/stats/npc_primary.lua', '/stats/sexbound/npc_primary.lua')':
(LuaException) Error code 2, 
[string "/stats/sexbound/npc_primary.lua"]:2: 
(LuaException) Error code 3, 
[string "/stats/sexbound/sexbounddefeat.lua"]:282: 'end' expected (to close 'function' at line 280) near 'en'

"end" at line 282 became "en"