[mod] Sexbound Defeat

I was so busy testing incaomatibilities, irl responsabilities and also making the Novakif assets that I forgot to mention that SxB Defeat isnt working for me.

The only monster that can be defeated are thebigsis and the other from the same mod. The normal monsters just die.

And looking at my log I dont find any error or warning.

Edited by Secretly Kinky
1 hour ago, Secretly Kinky said:

I was so busy testing incaomatibilities, irl responsabilities and also making the Novakif assets that I forgot to mention that SxB Defeat isnt working for me.

The only monster that can be defeated are thebigsis and the other from the same mod. The normal monsters just die.

And looking at my log I dont find any error or warning.

Yeah you need the defeat patches for them. Otherwise Defeat doesn't do anything for monsters, or at least it's not meant to.

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/21/2022 at 2:53 PM, :ohno: said:

For some reason, even when isolated with the bare minimum mods required, SxB Defeat does not work for me, as in the energy bar does not regenerate and is paired with invincibility. It seems to affect enemies too, just sometimes however.

Yes, I have that bug too and remember somehow fixing it by doing weird shit, but then I forgot how... So it's back for me too

9 hours ago, Shynasha said:

Yes, I have that bug too and remember somehow fixing it by doing weird shit, but then I forgot how... So it's back for me too

I recall having to edit the files of the mod too when I first installed it to get it working. I think there was a fix for it on either this thread or some other one? I can't remember

I can post my version of the mod if you want, it still works fine for me (and if that's okay with the admins here)

14 minutes ago, Majeream said:

I recall having to edit the files of the mod too when I first installed it to get it working. I think there was a fix for it on either this thread or some other one? I can't remember

I can post my version of the mod if you want, it still works fine for me (and if that's okay with the admins here)

Holy hell you are right, I do remember that, it was a simple fix in the files, like adding or changing a line of code, i will take a look in my own message as I am sure someone told me to do this to fix the bug (pretty sure it was Red), but posting the fix would also help please, just in case. (Thanks in advance, and thanks again to remind me of that)

Edit: After looking, it was simply files to replace to make it work again. Thing is, those fix weren't official (i think) and the bug never was truly fixed, you also have to replace files in sexbound API and that honestly quite scare me as the mod was updated a bit since, meaning the fix could break it I think, unless it doesn't touch anything that was changed (Should still work with defeat, I guess, no idea if the mod was updated after that person did the temporary fix)

Edited by Shynasha
55 minutes ago, Shynasha said:

Holy hell you are right, I do remember that, it was a simple fix in the files, like adding or changing a line of code, i will take a look in my own message as I am sure someone told me to do this to fix the bug (pretty sure it was Red), but posting the fix would also help please, just in case. (Thanks in advance, and thanks again to remind me of that)

Edit: After looking, it was simply files to replace to make it work again. Thing is, those fix weren't official (i think) and the bug never was truly fixed, you also have to replace files in sexbound API and that honestly quite scare me as the mod was updated a bit since, meaning the fix could break it I think, unless it doesn't touch anything that was changed (Should still work with defeat, I guess, no idea if the mod was updated after that person did the temporary fix)

You had to edit the sexbound API too? That sound's awful lol, I can't remember if I had to do that since it has been a few months or soDefeat.rar

Here's my version of the mod. If it doesn't work, then you probably have to do something with the API (which isn't that great for the reasons you said but oh well)

I can also dm you my version of Sexbound as a last ditch effort if it still doesn't work and you don't want to bother with the API. Wish the original mod got fixed instead because this is very convoluted for a lot of people

Just now, Majeream said:

You had to edit the sexbound API too? That sound's awful lol, I can't remember if I had to do that since it has been a few months or soDefeat.rar

Here's my version of the mod. If it doesn't work, then you probably have to do something with the API (which isn't that great for the reasons you said but oh well)

I can also dm you my version of Sexbound as a last ditch effort if it still doesn't work and you don't want to bother with the API. Wish the original mod got fixed instead because this is very convoluted for a lot of people

Imma try this later (if I can), thing is if there is something to change in the API and you did, that could mean you don't have the latest version of the API, so getting a older version could make other mod panic and straight up break thing

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
9 hours ago, bobbdawd said:

Will defeated pregnant enemies revert to enemies after pregnancy? And do they ever offer quests to be so that you can recruit them?

If you mean with "Convert hostiles" then no, they remain friendly after the pregnancy ends, and the "children" will also be friendly.

If you want to recruit them after the fact, it is recommended to use the Job Offers mod on a converted hostile. They will lose the pregnancy if you convert them while pregnant, but otherwise they'll work the same as a crew-member.

If you wish to keep their NPC's costume and hopefully weapons, you can try the Non-uniform mod or the Crew Customization+ mod.

On 11/1/2022 at 7:45 AM, red3dred said:

If you mean with "Convert hostiles" then no, they remain friendly after the pregnancy ends, and the "children" will also be friendly.

If you want to recruit them after the fact, it is recommended to use the Job Offers mod on a converted hostile. They will lose the pregnancy if you convert them while pregnant, but otherwise they'll work the same as a crew-member.

If you wish to keep their NPC's costume and hopefully weapons, you can try the Non-uniform mod or the Crew Customization+ mod.

Thank you, much appreciated.

• 1 month later...

Is there some way to skip the wait time of a defeated enemy before they drop loot?  Sometimes I don't want to have sex with defeated foes and simply want their stuff.  It gets very inconvenient with Teratophilia installed, where almost every enemy type takes up to a minute after I kill them before they actually drop their loot.

7 minutes ago, Hero529 said:

Is there some way to skip the wait time of a defeated enemy before they drop loot?  Sometimes I don't want to have sex with defeated foes and simply want their stuff.  It gets very inconvenient with Teratophilia installed, where almost every enemy type takes up to a minute after I kill them before they actually drop their loot.

Only other option is to deal damage to the Defeat Sexnode until it breaks. This should skip the timer and kill the defeated NPC/monster.

3 minutes ago, red3dred said:

Only other option is to deal damage to the Defeat Sexnode until it breaks. This should skip the timer and kill the defeated NPC/monster.

How much damage does it take?  I've pistol-whipped at their feet, getting damage numbers, up to over a couple-hundred damage and it hasn't done anything!?  Is there a setting I should tweak?

2 hours ago, Hero529 said:

How much damage does it take?  I've pistol-whipped at their feet, getting damage numbers, up to over a couple-hundred damage and it hasn't done anything!?  Is there a setting I should tweak?

Strong weapons help. It seems like shortening the defeat timer might make the node weaker, but I don't actually know. It just feels like they're weaker.

On 9/30/2022 at 9:54 AM, Shynasha said:

What do you mean by this? I'm experiencing a similar invincibility and energy bar bug. What files do I replace?

On 12/12/2022 at 2:25 AM, PlumpPizza said:

What do you mean by this? I'm experiencing a similar invincibility and energy bar bug. What files do I replace?

Like i said, i'm not sure as I did time quite the time ago, and even if I did the chance of the mod breaking are huge since it got updated since, but not the temporary fix file

I am trying to edit the code so that NPCs dont transform into sex node when defeated.
I thought I could by making "defeatTimeoutNPC"    : 0, But I may have misunderstood what timeout is as it's not working as intended.  It is the only defeat condition I wish to eliminate or at least make less likely. How would I go about this?

• 2 weeks later...

For some reason when defeating most enemies the just become immortal an for the rest they just die meanwhile I either die or become unkillable and can fuck my own character I just started playing and expect this but I have every requirement and more nothing is conflicting either

Please help idk what is going on

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/29/2022 at 5:20 AM, OGB_Dio said:

For some reason when defeating most enemies the just become immortal an for the rest they just die meanwhile I either die or become unkillable and can fuck my own character I just started playing and expect this but I have every requirement and more nothing is conflicting either

Please help idk what is going on

Having the same problem, any enemies that I kill would fail to turn into the nodes and just be immortal. No health and still attacking me, just extremally annoying.