[mod] Sexbound Defeat

Has anyone experienced "ghosts" after defeat is finished? This happens for every defeat encounter for me where after the defeat timer is up, the enemy and my character are released but the last animation still is visible as an attackable node.

Just now, krimsonxg said:

Has anyone experienced "ghosts" after defeat is finished? This happens for every defeat encounter for me where after the defeat timer is up, the enemy and my character are released but the last animation still is visible as an attackable node.

Refer to the message directly above yours.

2 minutes ago, red3dred said:

Refer to the message directly above yours.

Ah, wow now I just look like an idiot. Thought I went to the last page before posting this.

• 2 weeks later...

I tried the defeat mechanic and it isn't activating, i just die, do i need to use Aphrodite's bow? i'm confused. I'm not sure if i just didn't install it right or what, but no crashes so i assume i did something right? not sure, need help. 

17 hours ago, LewdAdventurer said:

This mod isn't working for me, i just die to enemies, no change despite downloading. 

What's been killing you?  If you're wanting monsters to be able to do the deed with you after you're defeated, you'll need an additional mod, Teratophilia.  It should only work with humanoid races otherwise, specifically playable, non-modded races, unless of course you have mods to support modded races.

Note:  Even with Teratophilia, not all mobs will be able to rape you upon defeat.  In this case, especially if you're using my fix posted earlier in the thread, you will die as opposed to the alternative which is just spending the rest of your days unable to be attacked by anything at all.

27 minutes ago, Kaidesa said:

What's been killing you?  If you're wanting monsters to be able to do the deed with you after you're defeated, you'll need an additional mod, Teratophilia.  It should only work with humanoid races otherwise, specifically playable, non-modded races, unless of course you have mods to support modded races.

Note:  Even with Teratophilia, not all mobs will be able to rape you upon defeat.  In this case, especially if you're using my fix posted earlier in the thread, you will die as opposed to the alternative which is just spending the rest of your days unable to be attacked by anything at all.

So uh- it's not exactly working, at a certain point of damage, around halfway, i sorta just- become invulnerable, at one point i got a adult poptop to spawn as a sex node, but the animation for it's dick was slightly off, and now ever since then this character seems a bit broken- they can no longer regain energy, and some mobs can't even do damage to me sometimes, i've tried warping back to ship and warping down again, i've tried executing a suicide command, nothing, my character can't regain energy, and sometimes is invulnerable. 

3 hours ago, LewdAdventurer said:

So uh- it's not exactly working, at a certain point of damage, around halfway, i sorta just- become invulnerable, at one point i got a adult poptop to spawn as a sex node, but the animation for it's dick was slightly off, and now ever since then this character seems a bit broken- they can no longer regain energy, and some mobs can't even do damage to me sometimes, i've tried warping back to ship and warping down again, i've tried executing a suicide command, nothing, my character can't regain energy, and sometimes is invulnerable. 

Should probably post a log so one of the creators/maintainers of the mod can look.  Also, be sure to go back a page or two and look for the fix I posted for the invulnerability issue.  It's unofficial and requires the unpacked version of the mod in order to work.  If this doesn't fix the issue for you, I'm not sure what to suggest.  It might be another mod conflicting.

20 minutes ago, Kaidesa said:

Should probably post a log so one of the creators/maintainers of the mod can look.  Also, be sure to go back a page or two and look for the fix I posted for the invulnerability issue.  It's unofficial and requires the unpacked version of the mod in order to work.  If this doesn't fix the issue for you, I'm not sure what to suggest.  It might be another mod conflicting.

Here's my log, thank god i thought to record it incase it was asked for, just was dumb enough to not post it immediately. Also i may look into it later.

What if defeated player would be teleported back to spaceship (aka death, but without respawn animation and penalties) after his/her node time expires, like NPC nodes do? Game difficulty reduces significantly when player has 100% chance to continue where he/she was defeated and sometimes player character just becomes invincible.

20 hours ago, LewdAdventurer said:

Here's my log, thank god i thought to record it incase it was asked for, just was dumb enough to not post it immediately. Also i may look into it later.

You never did attach your log file.  ?

Also, without trying my fix which solves that EXACT problem, which is a known issue and has been for a while, you're kind of risking being told to try my fix again.  There has been no official update to the mod which provides a solution.

On 8/5/2020 at 4:54 PM, Kaidesa said:

You never did attach your log file.  ?

Also, without trying my fix which solves that EXACT problem, which is a known issue and has been for a while, you're kind of risking being told to try my fix again.  There has been no official update to the mod which provides a solution.

I-...... oh my god how did i type all that, say i had my log and not link it, i'm an idiot, here.

I was curious is I did this right. I updated both sexbound and sexbound defeat the latest and I replaced the unofficial fix .lua in the stats of sexbound defeat. I am able to be defeated by certain mobs, but become invincible for others. I can also defeat other humanoids, haven't been defeated by any yet. I don't suffer from the duplicate nodes, and I can reset my invincibility by beaming up to the ship. Is that how the unofficial fix is supposed to work for now?

7 hours ago, Scarlettears said:

I was curious is I did this right. I updated both sexbound and sexbound defeat the latest and I replaced the unofficial fix .lua in the stats of sexbound defeat. I am able to be defeated by certain mobs, but become invincible for others. I can also defeat other humanoids, haven't been defeated by any yet. I don't suffer from the duplicate nodes, and I can reset my invincibility by beaming up to the ship. Is that how the unofficial fix is supposed to work for now?

The unofficial fix should prevent you from getting invulnerable in the first place.  Are you sure you put the file in the right location?  The file location, within the UNPACKED VERSION of the Sexbound Defeat mod, should be as follows.

/stats/sexbound/sexbounddefeat.lua

It should ask if you want to overwrite the file.  Say yes.  And then it should work.  So you literally just open the Sexbound Defeat folder, then go to stats, then sexbound and replace the existing sexbounddefeat.lua with the fix.

Unless the mod were officially updated and I missed it, it should work.  If not, send a log so I or one of the mod devs can check it out.

4 hours ago, Kaidesa said:

The unofficial fix should prevent you from getting invulnerable in the first place.  Are you sure you put the file in the right location?  The file location, within the UNPACKED VERSION of the Sexbound Defeat mod, should be as follows.

/stats/sexbound/sexbounddefeat.lua

It should ask if you want to overwrite the file.  Say yes.  And then it should work.  So you literally just open the Sexbound Defeat folder, then go to stats, then sexbound and replace the existing sexbounddefeat.lua with the fix.

Unless the mod were officially updated and I missed it, it should work.  If not, send a log so I or one of the mod devs can check it out.

I upgraded to SxBDefeat2.4 and Sexbound 4.4.1 before my original post.  The invulnerable bug still persists after I made sure the .lua file was edited and started a new game. Hopefully this is the correct log.

starbound.log.5

58 minutes ago, Scarlettears said:

I upgraded to SxBDefeat2.4 and Sexbound 4.4.1 before my original post.  The invulnerable bug still persists after I made sure the .lua file was edited and started a new game. Hopefully this is the correct log.

starbound.log.5 39.55 kB · 0 downloads

The log you provided doesn't show any related errors, so I really don't know what to tell you.  I'm running an update behind on the Sexbound API, which could mess with things, but I doubt it.  If you can provide a log of when you actually attempt to get defeated by a supported monster/humanoid, that would be great, but this one doesn't seem to have any relevant information to go off of.

48 minutes ago, Kaidesa said:

The log you provided doesn't show any related errors, so I really don't know what to tell you.  I'm running an update behind on the Sexbound API, which could mess with things, but I doubt it.  If you can provide a log of when you actually attempt to get defeated by a supported monster/humanoid, that would be great, but this one doesn't seem to have any relevant information to go off of.

yeah i read the most recent log and nothing jumped out. Is there another log somewhere other than in the main starbound log? Or maybe I need to enable a log in a config?

D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Starbound\storage

this is where i acquired the log

I appreciate your time

3 hours ago, Scarlettears said:

yeah i read the most recent log and nothing jumped out. Is there another log somewhere other than in the main starbound log? Or maybe I need to enable a log in a config?

D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Starbound\storage

this is where i acquired the log

I appreciate your time

This is where the log should be.  The latest log should be the one without a number at the end.  Mayhaps you just attached the wrong one?

5 hours ago, Kaidesa said:

This is where the log should be.  The latest log should be the one without a number at the end.  Mayhaps you just attached the wrong one?

Yepp. Definitely attached wrong log. I went over the newest (correct) log and could not find any errors. I played around until I had some consensual events and some defeat events. It looks like I become invulnerable when I reach zero health from an unsupported mob (maybe?). I tried it with and without your .lua. fix. Thanks again for helping me learn a few things. I can wait a bit until something new develops

I can confirm that I'm having the exact same issue as being described and the fix didn't work. Prior to this I could beam to my ship and my energy could regenerate. Now? What's peculiar is I am invincible after taking a hit from and enemy, my energy refuses to regen, and beaming to the ship no longer fixes the issue. Also, before the only way to die was non-enemy related (Fall deaths, etc.). This is very strange.

*Update* - I can confirm something is wrong as after removing this mod the issues have subsided and my character can now die normally and all issues have vanished.

starbound.log.1

1 hour ago, tmvaegis said:

I can confirm that I'm having the exact same issue as being described and the fix didn't work. Prior to this I could beam to my ship and my energy could regenerate. Now? What's peculiar is I am invincible after taking a hit from and enemy, my energy refuses to regen, and beaming to the ship no longer fixes the issue. Also, before the only way to die was non-enemy related (Fall deaths, etc.). This is very strange.

*Update* - I can confirm something is wrong as after removing this mod the issues have subsided and my character can now die normally and all issues have vanished.

starbound.log.1 41.33 kB · 0 downloads

Your log also has this, which means that you have TWO copies of Sexbound Defeat being loaded at once.  Make sure the fix is in the proper one, which should be the unpacked version, and get rid of the duplicate.  Also, the unpacked version of Sexbound Defeat should be directly under the Mods directory, and it appears here to be in a directory inside of a directory. 

[00:11:41.531] [Warn] Root: Overriding duplicate asset source '..\mods\sexbound-defeat-2.4.0.pak' named 'sexbound_defeat' with higher or equal priority source '..\mods\unpack

If this were repeatable for me it'd be easy to see what went wrong in my fix and see if anything could be changed, but it's still working just fine for me.  Weirdness is afoot.

Anyway, if there are still problems, let me know.  I can always take a peek once I'm back from my mini-vacation after the weekend.

8 minutes ago, Kaidesa said:

Your log also has this, which means that you have TWO copies of Sexbound Defeat being loaded at once.  Make sure the fix is in the proper one, which should be the unpacked version, and get rid of the duplicate.  Also, the unpacked version of Sexbound Defeat should be directly under the Mods directory, and it appears here to be in a directory inside of a directory. 

[00:11:41.531] [Warn] Root: Overriding duplicate asset source '..\mods\sexbound-defeat-2.4.0.pak' named 'sexbound_defeat' with higher or equal priority source '..\mods\unpack

If this were repeatable for me it'd be easy to see what went wrong in my fix and see if anything could be changed, but it's still working just fine for me.  Weirdness is afoot.

Anyway, if there are still problems, let me know.  I can always take a peek once I'm back from my mini-vacation after the weekend.

I noticed this immediately and removed it to test again with the unpacked version inside. Same results.
And when you say under the Mods directory, you're saying that I need to drag the contents of the folder into the Mods folder itself, and not have it sitting in the unpack folder within, as I had it previously?

Yes, weirdness is indeed afoot.

SO A SILENT UPDATE DID HAPPEN.

I took a look at the Sexbound Defeat files and, despite no version update according to my end, the file was changed significantly.  As such, my fix was no longer working properly.  I've gone ahead and quickly re-implemented my fixes, but wasn't able to test it personally and won't be able to test it personally until Monday evening.

I've gone ahead and made the same changes I made to the last one keeping the current changes to the mod intact, so in theory THIS FILE should work.

3 hours ago, tmvaegis said:

@Scarlettears @tmvaegis  @LewdAdventurer If one of you guys can test THIS file instead and let me know if it works, that would be fantastic.  Thanks!

sexbounddefeat.lua

35 minutes ago, Kaidesa said:

SO A SILENT UPDATE DID HAPPEN.

I took a look at the Sexbound Defeat files and, despite no version update according to my end, the file was changed significantly.  As such, my fix was no longer working properly.  I've gone ahead and quickly re-implemented my fixes, but wasn't able to test it personally and won't be able to test it personally until Monday evening.

I've gone ahead and made the same changes I made to the last one keeping the current changes to the mod intact, so in theory THIS FILE should work.

@Scarlettears @tmvaegis  @LewdAdventurer If one of you guys can test THIS file instead and let me know if it works, that would be fantastic.  Thanks!

sexbounddefeat.lua 9 kB · 1 download

Ahh, thanks, nice. I just tested it with two separate characters and your update did indeed do the trick. (At the sad cost of many pixels, T-T)
Though, it's definitely going to take some getting used to watching my character die, hesitate, and then explode due to the time change you made, hahaha.

I'm not sure what the original intent was for when a player dies, but, clearly it wasn't to become invincible.

2 minutes ago, tmvaegis said:

Ahh, thanks, nice. I just tested it with two separate characters and your update did indeed do the trick.
Though, it's definitely going to take some getting used to watching my character die, hesitate, and then explode due to the time change you made, hahaha.

I'm not sure what the original intent was for when a player dies, but, clearly it wasn't to become invincible.

Yeah, my fix was originally rather hackish.  As it stands, it gives the game three seconds to initiate a sex animation, and if it can't, it then kills the player.  I was originally going to have it freeze the character in place, but doing so somehow counteracted the death and resulted in invincibility again.  Not sure why.

I'm seriously hoping this gets an official implementation that's much cleaner.  As I mentioned before, I don't want to step on the author's toes.  I just wanted to help people who were having issues.  Maybe if enough people ask them to add it, though.  ?

Oh well.  Glad it worked for you!