[mod] Sexbound Defeat

15 hours ago, puddles said:

@red3dred

Hm...what about making a tool (or a button in the Sexbound Customizer window) that can disable NoDamage and lockresourceEnergy? That should work as a temporary workaround...

... so you want us to program a universal, script-error reset into the code...? Pardon, you do know this is JUST Sexbound right?

That said, a solution for these problems is already known, but i'm a no-good-coder so i'll take a while to implement all this... pardon to any users expecting this in a short-while.

7 minutes ago, MusicalMike2 said:

Help! Is it possible to make the player "die" (lose pixels and be sent back to the spawn ship) after the "death" scene is finished. I like the concept of this mod, but I don't like there being no punishment for "dying".

It is possible if you kill yourself, well, sometimes ?

It is supposed to basically replace the death punishment with a forced sex scene, that's what i gathered at least. If you're not okay with that, Defeat is not for you, it's not for everyone really. But if you want it to end with death regardless, it's possible to add that to the player. Though that'd make it so being defeated always erases pregnancies.

13 minutes ago, red3dred said:

It is possible if you kill yourself, well, sometimes ?

It is supposed to basically replace the death punishment with a forced sex scene, that's what i gathered at least. If you're not okay with that, Defeat is not for you, it's not for everyone really. But if you want it to end with death regardless, it's possible to add that to the player. Though that'd make it so being defeated always erases pregnancies.

I'm okay with erased pregnancies. Do you know how to make it end with death? I am not a coder.

9 minutes ago, MusicalMike2 said:

I'm okay with erased pregnancies. Do you know how to make it end with death? I am not a coder.

If you're not a coder, then this information probably won't help.

But at this point, in "/stats/sexbound/sexbounddefeat.lua", within this mod, as commented:

image.png.f74b79728f9efc2c0e0f6df2f6e0e331.png

Add "self:tryToDie()" after status.removeEphemeralEffect(Regen4) and that should kill the player even after exiting the whole scene. Just a theory, though.

21 hours ago, red3dred said:

If you're not a coder, then this information probably won't help.

But at this point, in "/stats/sexbound/sexbounddefeat.lua", within this mod, as commented:

image.png.f74b79728f9efc2c0e0f6df2f6e0e331.png

Add "self:tryToDie()" after status.removeEphemeralEffect(Regen4) and that should kill the player even after exiting the whole scene. Just a theory, though.

Alright, it worked as intended, but once I respawned, my character was invincible (they still had limited energy, but once they lost all health nothing happened and they seemed to be invincible. Any ideas?)

Also, energy didnt regen

1 hour ago, MusicalMike2 said:

Alright, it worked as intended, but once I respawned, my character was invincible (they still had limited energy, but once they lost all health nothing happened and they seemed to be invincible. Any ideas?)

Also, energy didnt regen

It's never easy lol

If you have a log, i can see what went wrong and try to think of a solution, i haven't tested this change myself, it was just "this should work in the code", and well, it kinda did.

4 hours ago, MusicalMike2 said:

where are logs

So, to better report issues, try providing a log file and a description of the issue.

To find the log file, it should be within your Starbound installation directory, then the storage folder. You should see a text file named starbound.log (Or simply starbound, a plain text file). Paste it into your response as a attached file, or use PasteBin, whichever you prefer. Then users can look into your issues with the necessary information at hand.

<Just please don't post the whole thing as text here>

4 minutes ago, WTFshoutted said:

I got my log file here.Hope it would help.

Maybe it's a compatiblity issue with the "no item drop on survival" mod? Im just guessing randomly.

... yeah i agree that it's not defeat? I'm looking, and i assume you've died and respawned at least once during this run of the game? Basically, the log only writes down things that happened in the last/previous few runs of the game. This log doesn't have any particular Defeat errors, so either you didn't die, or it just... is that. Because that's the only error being constantly thrown around.

[02:47:13.417] [Error] Could not apply patch from file /playermodes.config.patch in source: F:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\workshop\content\211820\1365556048\contents.pak.  Caused by: (JsonPatchException) Could not apply patch to base. (JsonPatchException) Could not apply operation to base. (TraversalException) Tried to get key '3' in non-object type in pathApply("/survival/deathDropItemTypes/3")

Whereas "1365556048" is;

'Starbound++' at 'F:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\workshop\content\211820\1365556048\contents.pak'

That mod is having issues patching the game-modes/difficulty options, so you may want to check you don't have two mods doing the same thing.

I noticed a couple of people having trouble with Supper's Combat Overhaul. For me it triggered the invincibility bug frequently.

Moving and renaming the pack for SCO from the workshop folder to my Starbound/mods folder and unsubscribing from the mod on Steam seems to have fixed the issue for me.

I don't know if this has already been discussed. I didn't see it so I thought I would mention it. Thanks.

i might of found a dirty workaround.
i used console command

/admin
/settileprotection 0 false
/admin

in a frackin dungeon got defeated and yeah...
it does have a downside that now the dungeon can easily be mined away making your own shortcuts and the like
but afterwards i died to a trap and it did that immortal thing.
doesn't bother me all that much alot of deaths in starbound then to come out of nowhere.

21 hours ago, red3dred said:

It's never easy lol

If you have a log, i can see what went wrong and try to think of a solution, i haven't tested this change myself, it was just "this should work in the code", and well, it kinda did.

For some reason, something changed, not only do I become invincible once my health reaches 0, but enemies do too (neither I, nor enemies become a sex node).

Here are my logs:

starbound.log

For some reason, something changed, not only do I become invincible once my health reaches 0, but enemies do too (neither I, nor enemies become a sex node).

Here are my logs:

starbound.log 36.12 kB · 0 downloads

... this logs mentions nothing that looks like an error, instead i just see you have TeratoDefeat but not Teratophilia, which brings me muchfords confusion. You sure you are sending the logs of the same "runs" where these problems occurred?

17 minutes ago, red3dred said:

... this logs mentions nothing that looks like an error, instead i just see you have TeratoDefeat but not Teratophilia, which brings me muchfords confusion. You sure you are sending the logs of the same "runs" where these problems occurred?

Am I supposed to get one of the other?

image.png.4dd27f016f4d9b33e3798d4db74be4b4.png

Here are my mods

Am I supposed to get one of the other?

image.png.4dd27f016f4d9b33e3798d4db74be4b4.png

Here are my mods

image.png.b492ae3d3e7d842d1172c6a91633d350.png

Sir, what's this.

Also, yeah, you don't have Teratophilia. Feel free to send whatever logs you think may have the error and help. They are logged like this: Last time your started the game/current run-time: starbound.log. All previous ones, in order, are log.1, log.2, log.3 etc.