[mod] Sexbound Defeat

The mod is working very well, and the only problem is that it works too well. Against monsters that work using Teartophilia, they usually become a node, and when the timer is up they die, which is perfect. But with humanoid enemy npcs, such as florans in dungeons, they become a node, and when it times out, they stay alive and start fighting back again, but with very little amount of health, so it becomes a loop of killing, them becoming a node, and then having to kill them again. Is there a way to make it so that they dont come alive again, or a way to "finish them" while they are in a node state?

2 hours ago, WTFshoutted said:

Okay. I tried to recreat the bugged situation.

So here it is.

starbound.log 63.88 kB · 0 downloads

And by the way. Regardless of the animation error.

The "not dying" issus occured at the last attempt right before i close the game. My PC is hit by motherpoptop's claw attack instead of contact damage.

Hope this information would help to locate the problem.

Yeah... nothing in the logs. I see the mention of the motherpoptop but no error, script or API. Whatever is going on, the game seems to think that's the "proper outcome" or just doesn't log anything about it. How peculiar.

1 hour ago, Technolord said:

The mod is working very well, and the only problem is that it works too well. Against monsters that work using Teartophilia, they usually become a node, and when the timer is up they die, which is perfect. But with humanoid enemy npcs, such as florans in dungeons, they become a node, and when it times out, they stay alive and start fighting back again, but with very little amount of health, so it becomes a loop of killing, them becoming a node, and then having to kill them again. Is there a way to make it so that they dont come alive again, or a way to "finish them" while they are in a node state?

Do you perhaps have Frackin' Races? This is a known issue with enemies that regeneration, and a common problem with Frackin' Races and races with innate regeneration: They can regenerate health back in the very frame they take damage and thus refuse to die because "health isn't 0 or lower". Otherwise, i don't see why the NPC's would just return with a little bit of health. If you have "invincible pregnancies" then they return with full health, so that's not being triggered.

I also just installed and get both of the bugs reported here - sometimes I become invincible and somtimes NPCs become invincible.  I used my invincibility to my advantage and smote that stupid Deathwing.  It does seem likely it's a regen bug since I have regen (from some armor set) and the Florans do too, and yes I have Frackin' Races.  I don't know anything about Starbound modding but could you set health to a deeply negative number like -1 million when you spawn the node?

4 hours ago, throwaway219 said:

I also just installed and get both of the bugs reported here - sometimes I become invincible and somtimes NPCs become invincible.  I used my invincibility to my advantage and smote that stupid Deathwing.  It does seem likely it's a regen bug since I have regen (from some armor set) and the Florans do too, and yes I have Frackin' Races.  I don't know anything about Starbound modding but could you set health to a deeply negative number like -1 million when you spawn the node?

Even when set to deep negatives, it resets to 0 by default, it doesn't stay in the deep negatives, sadly. Otherwise killing npc's with regen would be possible even with admin commands. As is, even with those they can dodge death.

On 4/26/2020 at 8:51 PM, red3dred said:

image.png.b492ae3d3e7d842d1172c6a91633d350.png

Sir, what's this.

Also, yeah, you don't have Teratophilia. Feel free to send whatever logs you think may have the error and help. They are logged like this: Last time your started the game/current run-time: starbound.log. All previous ones, in order, are log.1, log.2, log.3 etc.

I don't know what .pak is, it's probably a file I found on here though, since my mods folder is only mods from loverslab.starbound.log

• 2 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, Crazyzog said:

for some reason my player is not sex enabled because when npcs defeat me i just respawn instead of any animations and my player cannot activate S&B objects e.g. beds... plz help?

So, to better report issues, try providing a log file and a description of the issue.

To find the log file, it should be within your Starbound installation directory, then the storage folder. You should see a text file named starbound.log (Or simply starbound, a plain text file). Paste it into your response as a attached file, or use PasteBin, whichever you prefer. Then users can look into your issues with the necessary information at hand.

<Just please don't post the whole thing as text here>

There's probably something going on, that isn't supposed to happen. If anything, the fact you're not having any bugs of becoming invincible is even more worrysome.

5 minutes ago, red3dred said:

There's probably something going on, that isn't supposed to happen. If anything, the fact you're not having any bugs of becoming invincible is even more worrysome.

can you provide a link to the area of these chats where i can post my txt file so you can look at it to see whats wrong?

8 minutes ago, Crazyzog said:

can you provide a link to the area of these chats where i can post my txt file so you can look at it to see whats wrong?

...? It's... it's in the description i just sent... You can either just drop the .log file into the response message here, or upload it to Pastebin. Both are fine.

8 hours ago, red3dred said:

...? It's... it's in the description i just sent... You can either just drop the .log file into the response message here, or upload it to Pastebin. Both are fine.

sorry for the delayed response and for rushing when i read your last post i had to go to work but im here now and i will now send you the txt file i will check again for a response later if your not on at this time

starbound.log

3 hours ago, Crazyzog said:

sorry for the delayed response and for rushing when i read your last post i had to go to work but im here now and i will now send you the txt file i will check again for a response later if your not on at this time

starbound.log 37.32 kB · 0 downloads

I'd suggest updating NaturallyHorny and Sexbound Tweaker, and removing the old version of Teratophilia (You have two of them installed).

Detected asset source named 'sexbound_terato' at '..\mods\Sexbound-Teratophilia-018.pak'
Detected asset source named 'nay_sexbound_garden' at '..\mods\Sexbound_Teratophilia_0.1.pak'
^ --Two versions installed.

Detected asset source named 'nathorny' at '..\mods\Sexbound_NaturallyHorny_Locced.pak'
Detected asset source named 'SxBTweaker' at '..\mods\Sexbound_Tweaker'
^ --Tweaker's definitely outdated, as it's causing issues, try updating NatHorny aswell, not sure if latest.

Ok so i deleted a few mods to see if it worked better and it did what i deleted was the teraophilia mod and a few others and now it works however there is a bug where it does not work all the time like you respawn before the animation plays and also the Sexbound Defeat Mod does NOT work on hostile ships or criminal hideouts for the player cus you just always respawn i dont know why but it only works on planets also another bug i found is sometimes when defeating NPC's they disappear from screen and become non-intractable even tho the game thinks they are still there.  

also a message to the modder who made or is working on this Sexbound defeat mod, i think this is a great addition to the sexbound mod good work sir, and if there was anything else that you were thinking of adding to it a gang-bang mechanic could be cool? also if the head gear (e.g. helmets, hats) was disabled during the animation that would be good? like if say you used a male player and is defeated he could get double teamed by two female NPC's or vice versa for a female with males?  and if this mod is still being worked on maybe the fixes for the bugs mentioned in this post? 

Which S&B Lounge able object can support 4 actors?

also if anyone wants to see the txt file now here it is and i did update the horny mod. 

and the defeat mod does not work for the player now aswell?

starbound.log

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/12/2020 at 7:31 PM, Crazyzog said:

Ok so i deleted a few mods to see if it worked better and it did what i deleted was the teraophilia mod and a few others and now it works however there is a bug where it does not work all the time like you respawn before the animation plays and also the Sexbound Defeat Mod does NOT work on hostile ships or criminal hideouts for the player cus you just always respawn i dont know why but it only works on planets also another bug i found is sometimes when defeating NPC's they disappear from screen and become non-intractable even tho the game thinks they are still there.  

also a message to the modder who made or is working on this Sexbound defeat mod, i think this is a great addition to the sexbound mod good work sir, and if there was anything else that you were thinking of adding to it a gang-bang mechanic could be cool? also if the head gear (e.g. helmets, hats) was disabled during the animation that would be good? like if say you used a male player and is defeated he could get double teamed by two female NPC's or vice versa for a female with males?  and if this mod is still being worked on maybe the fixes for the bugs mentioned in this post? 

Which S&B Lounge able object can support 4 actors?

also if anyone wants to see the txt file now here it is and i did update the horny mod. 

and the defeat mod does not work for the player now aswell?

10 days late but hey. Anyhow;
Defeat is buggy and i'm sorry about that. It's a miracle it even works sometimes all things considered, Loc did a miracle there, but currently, players cannot activate Defeat inside protected areas or when defeated by unsupported monsters. This causes them, NPC's and even monsters to become invincible should they be defeated by unsupported monsters, or have HP regen mishaps like with Frackin' Races.

Thanks for the suggestions, but so far, no more than 1 NPC would join in on a Defeated player, unless they were horny from let's say, "Naturally horny". Wouldn't make sense to duplicate the enemy that killed you. Also, the helmet thing isn't a bad idea. Bug fixes are planned but the API is getting a bit of work right now, and next this, it'll take a long time sadly as i am in no way a good coder.

Sexbound-API questions would be better in the Sexbound API Thread, but alas... None. No beds currently support 4-actors because there are no 4-somes.

Remainder of answers are up above for all that.

1 hour ago, Dragonit12 said:

Welp, i am a FU user and experience invincible character due to this mod.

Sadly, mentioned above... I thought FR had fixed this? Unless you don't mean "NPC's are not dying when defeated and timer runs out/ node gets broken", and instead mean "player is invincible". Last one is a known big problem with Defeat right now regarding unsupported monsters.

If you save and exit the game from a sexnode, is the Timer on it reset properly? I set mine to an outrageously long number and testing some personal modifications just simply exited the game instead of removing the sexnode itself or anything like that, but found myself invincible for presumably the 10 long minutes I set to do so, not content to wait that long I simply just uninstalled defeat, booted the game and reinstalled and that hadn't fixed it. Is there some sort of behavior that should clean invincibility in the case of save/exiting or the game crashing, or is the timer just supposed to run its course? 

Even after removing the entire sexbound stock I have I still seem to have been rendered invulnerable, not certain of the cause or if it's actually even Defeat related.

Edit: Further testing suggests that the world itself was broken, and not my character. 

Edit2: I'm actually braindead, it seems to be the Sexbound Stunned effect is hanging around, any good methods for removing it?

Edit3: I'm still stumped, None of my leads have seemed to turn out other than it being a defeat problem. Here's my logs incase it helps. 

starbound.log

Edit666: OK, I read through to log myself and saw an error loading the Config file and replaced it with the original, but I totally lack understand of what broke because I only changed player defeat time.

1 hour ago, Pigbear said:

If you save and exit the game from a sexnode, is the Timer on it reset properly? I set mine to an outrageously long number and testing some personal modifications just simply exited the game instead of removing the sexnode itself or anything like that, but found myself invincible for presumably the 10 long minutes I set to do so, not content to wait that long I simply just uninstalled defeat, booted the game and reinstalled and that hadn't fixed it. Is there some sort of behavior that should clean invincibility in the case of save/exiting or the game crashing, or is the timer just supposed to run its course? 

Even after removing the entire sexbound stock I have I still seem to have been rendered invulnerable, not certain of the cause or if it's actually even Defeat related.

Edit: Further testing suggests that the world itself was broken, and not my character. 

Edit2: I'm actually braindead, it seems to be the Sexbound Stunned effect is hanging around, any good methods for removing it?

Edit3: I'm still stumped, None of my leads have seemed to turn out other than it being a defeat problem. Here's my logs incase it helps. 

starbound.log 180.74 kB · 0 downloads

Edit666: OK, I read through to log myself and saw an error loading the Config file and replaced it with the original, but I totally lack understand of what broke because I only changed player defeat time.

Well, crikey...

So, first things first, from my modding experience, status effects and player-related modifications are some of the most "dangerous" to meddle with, as in, the chance that a small change will brick your character is very high. Defeat is not quite there but close. While you're supposed to be in the node, you're supposed to be invincible, yes, so you can't take damage from the NPC's aggro'd around you. If you break the sequence of the node, you should still remain invincible for that length, until the status effect expires. Breaking the node should've expired the effect but alas, i can't guarantee all of the facets of Defeat are stable.

Second, your edits of the config were "dirty", as in, you either forgot or added extra special characters, symbols. Each two entries within a table are supposed to have a comma in-between them, for instance. Your problem is the extra dialogue in the bottom section as shown by the error when reading the config file:

Caused by: (JsonParsingException) Error parsing json: bad object, should be '}' or ',' at 64:7

Judging by the line-number, it's around here, so you must've edited the dialogues:
image.png.6fa8f2153d8cd12d448e94ef909fb8b5.png

Also, i presume you've already tried this, but returning to your ship or just using /suicide often can help you clear status effects.

On 5/23/2020 at 2:45 AM, red3dred said:

Well, crikey...

So, first things first, from my modding experience, status effects and player-related modifications are some of the most "dangerous" to meddle with, as in, the chance that a small change will brick your character is very high. Defeat is not quite there but close. While you're supposed to be in the node, you're supposed to be invincible, yes, so you can't take damage from the NPC's aggro'd around you. If you break the sequence of the node, you should still remain invincible for that length, until the status effect expires. Breaking the node should've expired the effect but alas, i can't guarantee all of the facets of Defeat are stable.

Second, your edits of the config were "dirty", as in, you either forgot or added extra special characters, symbols. Each two entries within a table are supposed to have a comma in-between them, for instance. Your problem is the extra dialogue in the bottom section as shown by the error when reading the config file:

Also, i presume you've already tried this, but returning to your ship or just using /suicide often can help you clear status effects.

I figured the problem was actually related to timer and the _isDefeated tag, or something like that. I suspect I accidentally removed the comma at the end of the timer in the config, which seems to have broken things in many strange an unexpected manners, but it's all really speculation. I did fix it but /suicide did not fix it.

On 6/9/2019 at 5:43 AM, Locuturus said:

Sorry, but many monsters aren't compatible. Every monster will need to have it's own set of artwork which is a massive undertaking.

can we use Sexbound-Teratophilia-018 to do this? or, is it possible for me to help in any way to rectify monsters not really being implemented?