SkyrimLL/DeepBlueFrog mods conversion to SSE

On 12/10/2022 at 11:05 PM, zarantha said:

Well, if you're not going to believe the person maintaining DD for SE, do whatever you want.  I have had multiple questions on how to get devices with only DD installed, so no matter what you think, its another mod doing it. As both I and Lenore said, SLSF does the exact thing you're complaining about.

The textures I've explained, and without more info, I can't say more than others have installed the patch i mentioned and all their texture problems are gone. And that texture issue has been fixed in the newer releases. The DD author is human and mistakes get made. Sometimes I compound the mistakes unintentionally when I convert the mod. And it is large and could be argued that it's bloated. The latex/ebonite is not to everyone's taste (i don't like it myself). But it sounds like you've got your own opinion and don't care to ask in the right place (the DD SE thread) to resolve the problems that can be resolved and would rather just complain. ?‍♀️

You original question is answered here, which is why I said the answer would be 'no'.

https://github.com/SkyrimLL/SkLLmods/wiki/Parasites:-FAQ#q-i-dont-like-devious-devices-will-we-ever-get-a-version-without-it

(Sorry for the late reply. Forgot to check the date after my time in the hospital for a stubborn infection)

I mean, you're telling me not to believe my own eyes. I have an install with no other DD mods except parasites, and parasites doesn't put random chains on NPCs (unless it does and I don't know?). So it has to be DD doing it.

TBH, I'm not really interested in "asking to resolve problems" with DD as it's a mod I don't want to use anyways, but is simply forced on me as a dependency for a mod I actually do want to use. It would be different if DD was literally just a framework, without adding a bunch of bloated scripts, a bunch of junk items to the game, and a bunch of unwanted behaviors.

It's like saying "if you want to use my quest mod, you need to install a completely different quest mod with quests you don't like and don't want to play". I'm super disappointed I can't use parasites without DD, but DD in it's current form is cancer so I think I'll just have to skip both for now. :/

Honestly, since you're doing the conversions if there's a way to strip DD straight down to a pure framework that mods like parasites can use, without adding anything else to the game, I would be way less negative about it and I think that would be great.

Also, absolutely no need to apologize for late replies! I can take days to reply and I don't even have legitimate excuses for it. ? I hope you're feeling much better now! ☺️

Edited by fmilluminatus
1 hour ago, fmilluminatus said:

I mean, you're telling me not to believe my own eyes. I have an install with no other DD mods except parasites, and parasites doesn't put random chains on NPCs (unless it does and I don't know?). So it has to be DD doing it.

TBH, I'm not really interested in "asking to resolve problems" with DD as it's a mod I don't want to use anyways, but is simply forced on me as a dependency for a mod I actually do want to use. It would be different if DD was literally just a framework, without adding a bunch of bloated scripts, a bunch of junk items to the game, and a bunch of unwanted behaviors.

It's like saying "if you want to use my quest mod, you need to install a completely different quest mod with quests you don't like and don't want to play". I'm super disappointed I can't use parasites without DD, but DD in it's current form is cancer so I think I'll just have to skip both for now. :/

Honestly, since you're doing the conversions if there's a way to strip DD straight down to a pure framework that mods like parasites can use, without adding anything else to the game, I would be way less negative about it and I think that would be great.

Also, absolutely no need to apologize for late replies! I can take days to reply and I don't even have legitimate excuses for it. ? I hope you're feeling much better now! ☺️

I'm doing much better now, thanks.

So I'm guessing we have ended up with very different experiences, because you're asking me to not believe my eyes too. :) 

I have never, ever, in all the years i've been using DD, had it put something on an NPC that wasn't done by another mod. DCL has it's bondage girls, SexLab Sexual Fame is the only one I've had adding collars and shit to NPCs that I didn't want. Otherwise, I have never seen devices on base game NPCs. There's simply nothing there to tweak because it is acting like a framework for myself and all the other people I've interacted with.

I'd like to get to the bottom of if, but I understand it's just not something you want anyway, and I get that. Only reason I ever got into DD was for other mods that required it. I could do without all the bondage just fine.

2 hours ago, fmilluminatus said:

For me the "page up" key used for autorun will also put chains on an npc if they're standing in front of me.

I am playing the sisterhood of dibella mod and some of the priestess are bold. I tried to find information if the mod uses external hair but could not find any. Some of the NPCs that hair is missing are unique to the mod and I do not think I can have anything that would break the hair for the NPCs. Does anyone have ideas why this is?

7 hours ago, poporaltemporal said:

I am playing the sisterhood of dibella mod and some of the priestess are bold. I tried to find information if the mod uses external hair but could not find any. Some of the NPCs that hair is missing are unique to the mod and I do not think I can have anything that would break the hair for the NPCs. Does anyone have ideas why this is?

I don't think they do, but they might. you'd have to identify the npcs for someone else to check. otherwise, you can try just regenerating the facegen in the the creation kit.

I assume Warmbodies patch is just that: a patch for original Warmbodies which has not been converted to SE, which would kinda make it irrelevant. Or is that a full version which "just works"? Anyone can share an info on it?

12 hours ago, panzer1701 said:

Has anyone been successful in using SD+ for AE? I've followed all of the steps and ran it through Cathedral  but I still get a black screen when I load in the game. My only other idea is there is some conflict somewhere that is causing the black screen

Just use the SE conversion linked on the first post of this thread. There's nothing in the mod that needs conversion for AE only. And make sure you grab the resources part as well as the main mod. make sure you're running fnis, and check your animation count. try to keep them under 10k if you can. Try a new game.

9 hours ago, belegost said:

I assume Warmbodies patch is just that: a patch for original Warmbodies which has not been converted to SE, which would kinda make it irrelevant. Or is that a full version which "just works"? Anyone can share an info on it?

The patch is a full replacement for the original mod. You don't need it. All that is in the BSA is one script and it's source, i don't even know why they bothered packing it like that.

7 hours ago, zarantha said:

Just use the SE conversion linked on the first post of this thread. There's nothing in the mod that needs conversion for AE only. And make sure you grab the resources part as well as the main mod. make sure you're running fnis, and check your animation count. try to keep them under 10k if you can. Try a new game.

It was a new game; I grabbed both files and the Sexlab dialog prerequisite, but every time I had +SD enabled, it went to black screen on load up

15 hours ago, zarantha said:

The patch is a full replacement for the original mod. You don't need it. All that is in the BSA is one script and it's source, i don't even know why they bothered packing it like that.

What about requirements, other than SL and Frostfall obviously? Info on that patch is very lacking, apart from a really ancient blog post by DBF announcing updates to latest FF I couldn't find anything concrete.

And since I'm already committed in researching this and have posted corrections to SE compatibility tracking, would that work for people that have moved to AE? Frankly I don't even know if Frostfall works on AE since I stubbornly refuse to "upgrade". Survival Mode is shit.

Edited by belegost
17 hours ago, panzer1701 said:

It was a new game; I grabbed both files and the Sexlab dialog prerequisite, but every time I had +SD enabled, it went to black screen on load up

Probably too many animations then for your PC. Make sure you have engine fixes or the animation limit fix mod, or get your animation count under 10k. A potato PC may not be able to handle even that many.

9 hours ago, belegost said:

What about requirements, other than SL and Frostfall obviously? Info on that patch is very lacking, apart from a really ancient blog post by DBF announcing updates to latest FF I couldn't find anything concrete.

And since I'm already committed in researching this and have posted corrections to SE compatibility tracking, would that work for people that have moved to AE? Frankly I don't even know if Frostfall works on AE since I stubbornly refuse to "upgrade". Survival Mode is shit.

It's a plugin and scripts. it really doesn't matter if you use it on AE, SE, or even LE. Nothing really needs to be converted here. Yes, Frostfall works on AE. There's no DLL so it doesn't matter if it's AE or SE. You know you can look at the mod file types on nexus without downloading and answer that yourself, by using 'preview'. Survival mode can be removed/deleted, it's just a plugin... Or just don't enable it when the pop up occurs. For Campfire, just make sure the AE version of papyrus utils overwrites it. These questions should have been answered on the mod pages, try reading them and the recent comments.

SL version shouldn't matter, it hasn't really changed that much. Neither has Frostfall. But in the end you're just going to have to try it and see. It's not a popular patch and I don't know of anyone using it. I use Sunhelm and the Heat and Hunger mod. I downloaded this just to check for you, but given that it's just a couple of scripts, there's unlikely to be much that will break as long as the dependencies are there. Modding comes with risks, you're going to have to take some.

Edited by zarantha
7 hours ago, zarantha said:

It's a plugin and scripts. it really doesn't matter if you use it on AE, SE, or even LE.

Thank you for the confirmation.

Sorry, if this has been asked before but, when my character undergoes bimbo transformation in the Hormones mod, she seems to use a completely different body and none of my armor fits anymore. Running body slide doesn't seem to do anything either and I'm not sure if I messed something up or not.

EDIT: I found a fix by following the instructions in my post below this one by unpacking the mod and replacing it with the body of choice.

Edited by kisssingwomen
28 minutes ago, kisssingwomen said:

Sorry, if this has been asked before but, when my character undergoes bimbo transformation in the Hormones mod, she seems to use a completely different body and none of my armor fits anymore. Running body slide doesn't seem to do anything either and I'm not sure if I messed something up or not.

You probably have the Bimbo Race option ticked. That body/face is not properly set up for SE as far as I can tell. I always have it unticked

35 minutes ago, ebbluminous said:

You probably have the Bimbo Race option ticked. That body/face is not properly set up for SE as far as I can tell. I always have it unticked

I just checked and I don't appear to have it check, BUT, I was able to fix it, I had to follow what was being said on this page Hormones: FAQ · SkyrimLL/SkLLmods Wiki · GitHub and had to unpack the BSA and copy the mesh and textures folder and copy the files from CBBE 3BA contents over into newly unpacked folders.

21 hours ago, zarantha said:

Probably too many animations then for your PC. Make sure you have engine fixes or the animation limit fix mod, or get your animation count under 10k. A potato PC may not be able to handle even that many.

I have both (along with doing the change to allow the latter mod to work) and when I double checked my animation list, with SD installed Ill have 9.7k animations installed (I think I had 9.5k something without).

But I've had a minor break through. After I disabled some animations I was able to load in and not freeze or have a black screen. Maybe I was hitting the Sexlab animation limit?

Edit: After removing some mods and some animations, I've managed to successfully load SD+ without freezing or having a black screen. I guess having those animations just eeked over the animation limit because while I've had this laptop for awhile, I don't think its old enough to be a potato.

Edited by panzer1701
Update to post
14 hours ago, Potato_Skill said:

Is SL Parasites compatible with SLIF?  I've had the Tentacle Armor on for a while and the breasts are not scaling at all. Is there a patch I need to download or something cause prior to using Parasites, I've got bodymorphing with Fill Her Up, Soul Gem Oven and Fertility Mode+ Tweaks and Fixes.

It should be, but there were still some problems with it i think. iirc, the better code is used when you use hormones with parasites.

Make sure you have the bodyslide files for parasites installed and built. They're a second download file in the same post as the conversion.

I'm surprised no one has asked this question yet. Is the mod and the others abandoned ? Haven't seen an update in about a year. I know DeepBlueFrog still visits from time to time and I know he used to push updates close to monthly, even if they were just small. I would sometimes convert the mods over to SE for fellow users, but it is sad to see a group of great mods simply disappear into obscurity... 

14 hours ago, RoxDox said:

I'm surprised no one has asked this question yet. Is the mod and the others abandoned ? Haven't seen an update in about a year. I know DeepBlueFrog still visits from time to time and I know he used to push updates close to monthly, even if they were just small. I would sometimes convert the mods over to SE for fellow users, but it is sad to see a group of great mods simply disappear into obscurity... 

DBF might be taking a break from modding, believe he’d been at it for 5-10yrs...probably got burnt out.  Yep, sad he is mia though.  I really enjoy all his mods

Pretty new to mods in general and just got BSA browser. How would I change the skin textures for bimbo & succubus races in the SSE version of Hormones to use my skin mod (Fair Skin Complexion for CBBE) instead of the defaults, or otherwise edit them since there doesn't appear to be raw files?  Unless there's a patch out there for it that I can't find. (Sorry for reposting this.)