SkyrimLL/DeepBlueFrog mods conversion to SSE

12 hours ago, leesjig said:

DBF might be taking a break from modding, believe he’d been at it for 5-10yrs...probably got burnt out.  Yep, sad he is mia though.  I really enjoy all his mods

I wouldn't be surprised if it was burn out or just losing interest. Feel he could put the mods of up for adoption though. I always had a feeling that trying to manage / create, SD+, parasites, Hormones, Sexlab Stories, and any other mod that I may have forgotten about was a recipe for burnout. I'm just happy that Parasites was essentially complete.

Everything else though I try and steer clear of. Even though I love the concepts of Stories and SD+...

Who knows maybe DeepBlue will just upload some update out of the blue one day and be like "Lol have fun"

Edited by RoxDox
15 hours ago, ebbluminous said:

If I remember correctly... DBF was about to make the move from LE to SE and then AE came out. That chaos would be an interest killer lol

I know he kept mentioning doing that but I think it kept getting pushed back. I'm not sure how hard it is to roll back to SE still but I know there was a simple mod on the nexus that allowed for it.

Edited by RoxDox
4 minutes ago, RoxDox said:

I know he kept mentioning doing that but I think it kept getting pushed back. I'm not sure how hard it is to roll back to SE still but I know there was a simple mod on the nexus that allowed for it.

It is easy to roll back to SE, but I am thinking of the stress of either trying to go full AE with all the mods that don't work with it and people wanting SE, stay on SE and have people wanting AE. Then all the LE crowd wanting LE back...

I'd be nahh....

What is the compatibility of SL Hormones and SL Parasites with SLIF?

This post says patches are no longer required. But in my game I don't have Hormones registering or working like other mods that interact with SLIF.

- Hormones gets registered as "hormones" under "Morph Modus" and not "Default Modus"

- In SLIF's MCM "Values and Sliders", under Morph Modus, hormones has 3 values only, none of which correspond to any of the values in my morph (check "ScreenShot7.png")

- In SL Hormones' MCM, in "Triggers", under Shape Change Method, I only selected "Enable SLIF" but "Enable NiOverride" also gets automatically selected when I exit (check "ScreenShot8.png")

- For SL Parasites, my character gets infected with the tentacle monster and gets the message about the character's breasts expanding due to the creature's influence, but Parasites never get registered into SLIF and there is no change on the character either.

Notes:

I am using the morph provided in the previously-mentioned post

ScreenShot7.png

ScreenShot8.png

Sexlab Parasites SE
This is one of my favourite mods to spice up the Skyrim Adventuring, but for the last 9 months I haven't been able to get it to work properly. At first I thought it was Sexlab Hormones, and thus I removed it when creating a whole new ModList. Unfortunately I still experience the same problems in my New Playthrough when I thought I fixed it by removing SL Hormones.

Parasites without many events work fine, such as the Tentacle Harness. It updates the PC body once every day and does not get unequipped. 
As for the other Parasites, it ruins the mod and I don't think it's intentional. 

The Issue
I believe the issue is how common "Event Flare" triggers, even at Event Flare set to 24 or 30 it triggers Events within 5 seconds.

The following Parasites are unequipped ("rejected") instantly:

• Spider Type: Vag. Eggs & Vag. Penis
  • Chaurus Type: Vag. Worm & Anal Worm

Due to this, there is no time for Body Changes to occur nor play the "get cured" quest for Danica. 

The following Parasites spam events (triggers every ~5seconds):

• Face Hugger: Constant Stagger & Liquid
  • Hip Hugger: Constant Stagger & Liguid

Solutions I tried

1. Increased Flare Events
  2. Decreased "Parasite Active" within 'Devious Device Events & Effects' from 70 to 30. Whilst Increasing "Parasite Passive" event from 40 to 70.
  3. Increased Polling Interval within DD Events&Effects from 1.5 to 8+.

I'm out of ideas what I could do to fix the issue that I'm experiencing. Can anyone please help? 
I use SL Aroused Redux - BakaFactory (for Keywords)
loadorder.txt modlist.txt

Edited by Straze
On 12/23/2022 at 10:54 PM, zarantha said:

It should be, but there were still some problems with it i think. iirc, the better code is used when you use hormones with parasites.

Make sure you have the bodyslide files for parasites installed and built. They're a second download file in the same post as the conversion.

I have both SL Parasites and Hormones installed but they're not playing nice with SLIF, at least for me.

In SLH weight change is the only one that shows any visual change. I can see the values for Breasts and Butt changing, but that change is not reflected in the character or in SLIF.

Hormones itself at least registers into SLIF but I don't see Parasites. Even though SLH registers and its values change in SLIF, the morphs it change are slif_breasts, slif_butt, slif_schlong, and slif_belly which don't have any effect on my character. By default in SLH when I keep only "SLIF" selected under "triggers", after every save load both "SLIF" and "NiOverride" get selected.

When I select "Body Morphs" for SLH Triggers there is noticeable change in the character and the correct morphs get updated in morph modus, but I wanted SLH to be under Default Modus because I have a custom Bodymorphs setting in SLIF.

On 11/26/2022 at 4:02 PM, StripedWhite said:

I'm having an odd issue with Parasites on SE, where the flare events trigger way too often, several times a minute, or just eject themselves from my character right after being activated. Does anyone have any idea what the cause of this could be? I've tried fiddling with the flare timer slider, but it doesn't seem to change anything for me. Parasites like spider eggs/penis and chaurus worms get pushed out almost immediately, while face huggers keep staggering my character from "squeezing your throat" and the living armour keeps constantly triggering tentacle attacks.

Did you figure out the problem? I'm having the exact same issue.

Edited by Straze
5 hours ago, Straze said:

Did you figure out the problem? I'm having the exact same issue.

I'm afraid not. It just seemed to go away on its own for me. Maybe it was just me fiddling with the flare timers? I tried increasing it for a bit, then lowering it, then back to default, and things seemed to work out from there. I also remember turning it off for a while, then later re-enabling it.

On 12/25/2022 at 4:48 PM, nihminus said:

Pretty new to mods in general and just got BSA browser. How would I change the skin textures for bimbo & succubus races in the SSE version of Hormones to use my skin mod (Fair Skin Complexion for CBBE) instead of the defaults, or otherwise edit them since there doesn't appear to be raw files?  Unless there's a patch out there for it that I can't find. (Sorry for reposting this.)

Whenever a mod uses a custom texture path to a folder, you can replace those textures by pasting in your own. Just be sure to change the names of the pasted in textures so that they match what the mod is looking for.

For example if a mod calls its skin textures "femalebody.H.dds" and you wanted you use your fair skin texture called "femalebody_1.dds," you would make  a duplicate of your fair skin texture, change its name to "femalebody_H.dds" and then paste it into the skin folder of the mod.

For sexlab hormonnes it seems the skin texture files are inside

textures > actors > character > sl_hormones > bimbo

textures > actors > character > sl_hormones > succubus

textures > actors > character > sl_hormones > tgbody

So you could actually have unique textures for all three transformations if you wanted too.

While inside the skin textures folder, be sure to right click and chose view > large icons ( or extra large icons) so you can see what skin textures you will be replacing based on their names. They should look similar across all mods ( a rainbow colored skin tends to be msn files and they determine things like breast shading and detail of stomach muscles for example.) This will help you rename file names properly.

19 hours ago, venomr said:

Whenever a mod uses a custom texture path to a folder, you can replace those textures by pasting in your own. Just be sure to change the names of the pasted in textures so that they match what the mod is looking for.

For example if a mod calls its skin textures "femalebody.H.dds" and you wanted you use your fair skin texture called "femalebody_1.dds," you would make  a duplicate of your fair skin texture, change its name to "femalebody_H.dds" and then paste it into the skin folder of the mod.

For sexlab hormonnes it seems the skin texture files are inside

textures > actors > character > sl_hormones > bimbo

textures > actors > character > sl_hormones > succubus

textures > actors > character > sl_hormones > tgbody

So you could actually have unique textures for all three transformations if you wanted too.

While inside the skin textures folder, be sure to right click and chose view > large icons ( or extra large icons) so you can see what skin textures you will be replacing based on their names. They should look similar across all mods ( a rainbow colored skin tends to be msn files and they determine things like breast shading and detail of stomach muscles for example.) This will help you rename file names properly.

Would also like to add.

If you use a different mesh from the mod, then that mesh will not need the textures renaming as the game looks for the Mesh first and then the mesh looks for the texture. So if you rename the texture when using a different mesh then the mesh will not know where to look. 

I am not dead yet! :)

I posted an update of what I am up to and my plans for 2023 on Tumblr and on my blog here at Lovers Lab.

It will take me a while to go over postings in the forum discussions. I am afraid I dropped the ball there and I have a lot to catch up.

On 12/24/2022 at 9:57 PM, RoxDox said:

I'm surprised no one has asked this question yet. Is the mod and the others abandoned ? Haven't seen an update in about a year. I know DeepBlueFrog still visits from time to time and I know he used to push updates close to monthly, even if they were just small. I would sometimes convert the mods over to SE for fellow users, but it is sad to see a group of great mods simply disappear into obscurity... 

On 12/25/2022 at 12:33 PM, leesjig said:

DBF might be taking a break from modding, believe he’d been at it for 5-10yrs...probably got burnt out.  Yep, sad he is mia though.  I really enjoy all his mods

On 12/26/2022 at 1:30 AM, RoxDox said:

I wouldn't be surprised if it was burn out or just losing interest. Feel he could put the mods of up for adoption though. I always had a feeling that trying to manage / create, SD+, parasites, Hormones, Sexlab Stories, and any other mod that I may have forgotten about was a recipe for burnout. I'm just happy that Parasites was essentially complete.

Everything else though I try and steer clear of. Even though I love the concepts of Stories and SD+...

Who knows maybe DeepBlue will just upload some update out of the blue one day and be like "Lol have fun"

Happy New Year!

I am still around :)

Happy to report the mods are not abandoned... just a mix of offline issues with family and work, and burn out from a very intense 2021 year of Skyrim modding. I needed a break and actually play some of the games accumulating on Steam that I never get around to play.

The backlog of unread messages since July is quite intimidating at this point but I am slowly going over them and making some changes already.

My plans for 2023 are to set up SE or AE (not sure which one yet) and prepare for a move away from LE.

I will probably post one last LE update for each mod before moving full time on a more recent version once I get it working with the mods I want, including mine.

On 12/6/2022 at 9:50 PM, fmilluminatus said:

The reason I'm asking is maybe the author can find a way to get the mod working without DD.

Yes, DD randomly distributes devices to NPCs because it's glitchy trash. Don't know if it's a "feature" or a bug, but either way it's 100% DD's fault, no other mod. On the install I currently have, I don't have any other mods that use DD beside Parasites and no other DD related mods. 

The missing textures will never be addressed. I simply don't believe it, the entire mod is intended as a troll to piss off players and the author will certainly not fix things. For example locking the MCM with the "extra hard" default as soon as a DD device is put on; so that someone who just installed DD has to go back to a previous save the second some glitched DD crap appears on their character out of nowhere, it's definitely a troll mod made by a troll. So I'm sure it's a "feature" of the mod that there are always missing textures.

As for bloat DD loads up the game with hundreds of junk scripts not necessary for most mods using the framework. It's a mess. Don't know about ZAZ 9 but I'm not using it so... :D 
My problems are definitely with DD itself. 
?

I know how to make a version of SD+ without Devious Devices but unfortunately that would mean a full rewrite from the ground up, and I am not prepared to go through that amount of work :)

On 12/28/2022 at 10:52 PM, ETSubmariner said:

The Become A Priest option in SL: Dialogues Quests is greyed out. Why? What did I miss installing? I thought maybe it only applied to males since Priest/Priestess, but my girl and male characters have a greyed out Priest option.

That was a placeholder for an idea I have for the mod but it will not be available for a while.

Edited by DeepBlueFrog

Happy New Year you and as well to all, as a Hormones mod follower from day on on Le, I have now enjoyed it on AE with no issues.

Ether way every one needs to take a step back from time to time, take care all may it be a better year for the world.....umm tomorrow

Me

9 hours ago, DeepBlueFrog said:

I know how to make a version of SD+ without Devious Devices but unfortunately that would mean a full rewrite from the ground up, and I am not prepared to go through that amount of work

I like your mods. But unfortunately new versions of DD do not support old modifications. A lot of bugs with devices. In addition, the author of DD constantly updates his resource by adding a lot of everything superfluous and not lore. It would be nice if your mods did not depend on the DD resource. Sorry for my google translator.

Happy New Year!

Question for SSE conversion experts - What is the current status between Special Edition and Anniversary Edition?

I don't care much for AE except for a few 'creations' like Saint and Seducers. 

Am I better off with Special Edition only? or is Anniversary Edition the recommended version going forward?

22 minutes ago, DeepBlueFrog said:

Question for SSE conversion experts - What is the current status between Special Edition and Anniversary Edition?

Am I better off with Special Edition only? or is Anniversary Edition the recommended version going forward?

Still quite a few handy mods not AE compatible, so I've been sticking with SE for now.

1 hour ago, DeepBlueFrog said:

Engine-wise, AE has some advantages (if configured right, AE can deal with papyrus scripts quicker than SE).

However, there are still fundamental compatibility issues with AE that don't exist with SE (Faster HDT-SMP and YPS interact in a way that breaks meshes in AE, lack of iFPV and improved camera being slower to update).

Downgrade patcher mitigates most stress though, so it's just a matter of choosing version.

My preference is 1.5.97 (to keep YPS+HDT SMP behaving nicely), but once HDT-SMP's mesh handler is fixed for YPS compatibility, I'm moving back to AE (probably straight to 1.6.640, to keep more up-to-date).

Edited by w234aew
8 minutes ago, DeepBlueFrog said:

So... SE it is for now, thanks!

I recently (last month or so) did a complete install of the latest AE and I haven't experienced any problems.  As long as you make sure you pick the right version of the mod pretty much everything is working.  The biggest issue was a compatible version of SKSE and its various extensions (Address Library, PapyrusUtil, etc.), but those all exist now.  Which means any SE mod that was broken because of scripts should now work.  I haven't found any that don't.

I admit I don't run metric tons of LL mods, but the ones I do use work pretty well.  As well as they ever did with SE anyway.  The only issue I had was SOS:  the No DLL version works fine, but I had to figure out on my own that SOSRaceMenu.esp was not being enabled on install and has to be manually turned on.  This is likely a Vortex issue.  Aroused SSE, DD 5.1, Creature Framework, More Nasty Critters, and others all work.  DD 5.2 is not ready for prime time, but that is a mod issue, not an AE issue, and Zap 9 isn't even out for SE yet.

Dynamic Animation Replacer (DAR) does not have a compatible version, as the author doesn't want to spend money on AE.  Understandable.  Since there was a major shift to using it a while back that does place some things off limits.

Of your mods I only use the Dibella Sisterhood, and I haven't noticed any problems so far, but I haven't run all the way through it yet either.

The only major reason to not use AE is that it includes a ton of Creation Club content that is either seriously OP or messes up locations used by popular mods.  For example, the CC Tundra Homestead player home butts up against Luxury Suite, and sticks trees through the exterior decking.  So far patches to fix these kinds of issues are sparse or nonexistent, and everyone saying, "don't upgrade!" based on outdated information is slowing the pace of player made fixes.

Hope that helps.